• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Okay so I've added two individuals which have a ditto friend safari, but whenever I enter the safari I can only find the to other pokemon. I know that your friend have to beat the elite four in order to get the third pokemon unlocked in the safari, but these guys I added have been told that they have dittos in their safari by other people, please help.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 7, 2014
    is it possible for zangoose to learn this

note that my keyboard is not typing question marks right now... all i get are these silly letters: é è ç à.

alright, my plan is to give a zangoose last resort as a move but im not sure if its possible in this gen due to the lack of tutor moves available. any suggestions guys... i know i can wait for pokebank to fire up but i dont want to wait that long to transfer pokes.

thanks

ps. whats wrong with my keyboardÈ

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 16, 2015
    The hunt for a shiny Eevee

Well as the title clearly stated I'm hunting for a shiny Eevee so I can evolve it int my favorite pokemon; Umbreon. My question is how should I go about hunting the Eevee? I don't know if using the pokeradar method on route 10 would be better, or go about hunting it in the friend safari. I've been reading a lot of posts saying the friend safari greatly increases the chance for a shiny pokemon and many people have found shinies very quickly using this method. So which method should I use guys? Thanks!
    By the way since I'm catching every Eevee I see (just in case I miss the sparkle since shiny eevee is hard to see the difference) anyone who wants one is free to add my FC! Just send me a message saying you've added me and give my your FC.
    FC: 1091 8745 5684

Current Eevees encountered and caught: 12

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Good luck with that. I might say that if you're good with chain, stick to it, it's easier to chain than a random encouter, even at the safari.

Well, i'm about to give up breeding a shiny ditto...7 boxes of them, and no shinies yet. Guess when i get home i'll try to chain it too...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 16, 2015
    Good luck with that. I might say that if you're good with chain, stick to it, it's easier to chain than a random encouter, even at the safari.

Well, i'm about to give up breeding a shiny ditto...7 boxes of them, and no shinies yet. Guess when i get home i'll try to chain it too...

See I'm not very good with chaining. I've read a guide (can't find it anymore) and I get it but it's a little confusing to me still and I mess up a lot. That's why I've been doing safari for now.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Dont go for radar chining, its so frustrating...
    Typical scenarios are as follows:
    1. You got a safari normal typed with two other decent Pkmn to get a shiny version of (say, togepi and porygon or loudred, or so on... )Go for the friend safari then.
    2. The other Pkmn in normal safari are garbage, like smeargle and linoone: You should really consider masuda methoding then: try to get a female with hidden ability from safari and try to get a male foreign ditto with hidden ability, (this way you will be able to change your native parent pokemon if a new hatchling gets better ivs and nature) then use talonflame to hatch 5 eggs per run. This method will possibly lead you into a prized shiny, with better ivs, selected nature and hidden ability.
    Hope i ve been helpful somehow :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    I'm trying to IV chain breed dittos. I caught a whole bunch of dittos from the safari zone. How can I tell which of the stats have 31 IV to it? I know it's 2 of htem that are maxed for sure but sometimes it can be more. How can I make sure?

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • does the exp share give EVs to my entire team?
    Yes. Generally, if a Pokemon receives Exp., it also receives EVs.
    If I breed Vivillon will it's offspring be the same as he/she is? So let's say if I breed a Modern Vivillon, will the Scatterbug than finally also evolve in a Modern one, or does it evolve in an Continental one? (since that is my region Vivillon)
    I believe it only evolves to what ever forme you have for your game, so breeding Vivillion from other regions wont give you the other formes.
    Um, how do I do Tier battles? I only knoe how to do standerd competitive battles
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean. But if you mean the OU, Uber, RU, etc. tiers mentioned here, you might want to check out this article from Serebii. As for finding out what tiers Pokemon belong to, Smogon has a list of them, but right now isn't up-to-date with Generation VI.
    Okay so I've added two individuals which have a ditto friend safari, but whenever I enter the safari I can only find the to other pokemon. I know that your friend have to beat the elite four in order to get the third pokemon unlocked in the safari, but these guys I added have been told that they have dittos in their safari by other people, please help.
    The only thing I can think of is that you need to be online in PSS at the same time as your friend to unlock the third Pokemon. I am not aware of other requirements (besides both parties needing to have beaten the E4).
    I'm trying to IV chain breed dittos. I caught a whole bunch of dittos from the safari zone. How can I tell which of the stats have 31 IV to it? I know it's 2 of htem that are maxed for sure but sometimes it can be more. How can I make sure?
    Talk to the guy with the purple hair in the left-hand side in the Pokemon Center in Kiloude City. He's the IV checker dude, and he should say something along the lines of, "Stats like those... simply can't be beat!" referring to which stats have perfect 31 IVs.​

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Serebii has most of the Mega Stones listed as being able to be bought in Lumiose. Where exactly in Lumiose can they be bought?

Years
  • Scyther hiding in friend safari?

I can't seem to find anyone with a Scyther in their friend safari. Are there certain pokemon we definatly can't get in friend safari other then legends that anyone knows of?

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    The Serebi site(Here) contains the list of the pokemons that you might find in the safaris. Sadly, there's no scyther =/

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Serebii has most of the Mega Stones listed as being able to be bought in Lumiose. Where exactly in Lumiose can they be bought?
    You can buy them in the Stone Emporium in Vernal Avenue (you can enter this avenue by going in from the right-hand side of the Pokemon Center when you fly to the south part of Lumiose City). Same place as the Furfrou fur dresser and the boutique.

You can also get discounts on the stones if you're deemed stylish. A guide can be found here.

The stones you can buy are the ones for the two Kanto starters you didn't pick. Those stones can be bought from the guy on the upper left of the Stone Emporium.​

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years

On Vernal Avenue in the shop called Stone Emporium. In the shop there is a old man. that the Guy that sells Megastones.
    Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Thanks, guys!

Apparently the Manectite/Houndoomite is on Route 16, but I'm not really seeing a way to get to where Serebii says they are (near some skaters, who I don't see). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but if Houndour is X exclusive, then why is the Houndoomite on Route 16 in Y and not X? Unless Serebii has it wrong.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Lalala ultra-simple questions incoming!

I've beaten four gyms so far. Where's the easiest place for me to get a Dusk Stone, if it's something obtainable at all yet?

Also, what are these 'O-Powers' and how do they work? Can I only use them a limited number of times? Is it something which I need online functionality for?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've beaten four gyms so far. Where's the easiest place for me to get a Dusk Stone, if it's something obtainable at all yet?

I waited til Terminus Cave (which is 7 badges in), but apparently there's Aegislash Super Training or something that can get you one quicker. I personally don't like Super Training though, and the wait isn't really terrible, unless you're using the Dusk Stone for something like Lampent.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    list of pokemon availible to be caught from previous generations

am wondering what pokemon from the previous five generations are present in pokemon.How many pokemon in total can be caught between both x and y

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Am I able to get any of the other starter Pokemon, such as Oshawott, Piplup, or Cyndaquil?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back