• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Ultimate Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Pokémon: Ultimate Quest!

Hi, nice to meet you all!
Welcome to my hack, Pokémon: Ultimate Quest.

My hack, as the title suggests, is to not only create the ultimate Pokémon quests, but to have a Pokémon game filled with side quests and features that were lacking in the original games.

This hack will be set seven years after Fire Red/Leaf Green and four years afrer Heart Gold/ Soul Silver.

It will be set in Johto and Kanto (I had other regions planned, but until Advance Map is updated only those two are options at the moment).

I will go into much more detail of these features in the following sections.

Story
Spoiler:

Features
Spoiler:

Screenshots
I know you all love screenshots, so here are some taken place during the start of the game. Mostly to show some of the new features mentioned above.

Spoiler:

Credits!
Spoiler:

I am recruiting for this, and I really need:

A good Music Editor/Inserter
Overworld Spriters/Inserter
Tileset Inserters (I can map, but can't insert new tilesets)
Beta Testers
Possibly more.

Thank you all for taking the time to look at my thread, I hope you like what you see :)

Next Beta
Now. Next one? When I decide it's nearly ready.

Beta Notes
Read these notes before testing this beta.

- Talk to everyone, and read every signpost.
- There are some missing scripts which I am aware of (but shouldn't crash the game). Tell me about them anyway, to see how good of a beta tester you are.
- Save often. As this is a beta this doesn't need an explanation.
- The intro is exactly the same (Intro text + Oak's speech). This part is far from the top of my priority list.
- Upstairs of the Pokémon Center in Sable city is a training gym. It will be quite difficult, as gyms are now optional parts of the game for those seeking a challenge.
- Some places have no people in them (Cave and house on Route 1). These have a purpose but not until later in the game (as such, are not part of the beta)
- Leave all feedback in this thread. Be honest about what you think is good and bad about it.
- There are some areas blocked by an invisible wall. This is because they are not part of the beta.
- You can get to Vermilion, but you can't do anything there. This is just to show the new map. Same with Stone Town.

http://rapidshare.com/files/396970019/Ultimate_Quest.aps.html
It is an aps file, and requires HackMew's A-Patch tool. Get that here: http://174.133.255.180/showthread.php?t=85025

I have also attached an ips file, for those who prefer to use an ips patcher.

That is all for now.

Post away.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Thanks! Unfortunately most of what I've done is gameplay related, so the pictures really don't do the hack justice.

What do you mean by less mountains? Only one of the routes I posted has mountains, and it is that tiny one on Route 1 XD

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2010
Your hack is looking really good, and i agree with co 500, there could be less mountains in the maps. but you have a really good idea. What i meant by less mountains was like, there just seem to be a lot of "Rocks" and Hills and such in your maps. And you said it was based in Kanto and Johto Right?

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Let me know which maps you think are too rocky (apart from Stone Town, that is deliberately filled with rocks), and I'll see what I can do :)

Yeah it is based in Kanto and Johto.

TheDonMaister

This is not His World its Mine
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 29, 2011
I like the fact that the routes are longer; some of the routes in Kanto are far too short!

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
I agree. Routes were way too short in Kanto, and Johto in fact. All routes will be altered to be longer and/or completely revamped. Many of the original routes were really bland, especially with all the square patches of grass and little things like that.

Original post updated, with credits and a couple of new features.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
Wow, I'll be impressed if you can implement that dynamic level stuff. I didn't know you could do that...

But there seems to be a problem with Silver. If this is set 4 years after Johto's saga, then why would Silver have a son if he's about 14 years old and lead Team Rocket if he hates them?

Also, would the starter be a choice of 3 or a single starter?

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
The dynamic level stuff has already been implemented Roxas. And it is possible thanks to JPAN.

It's a good job I've not implemented Silver yet then :p

So Silver hates Team Rocket? Is it explained why?

There is a single starter, Pikachu. You get to start catching Pokémon early on though, and there are side-quests that give the other Kanto starters quite early. (They have to be earned though, so you don't just get given them).

If anyone wants to know how I made any of these features, then feel free to ask, I'd be glad to share. Feel free to use them in your hacks too.

Last edited:

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
So Silver hates Team Rocket? Is it explained why?

I can't remember the exact reason. It involves hating Giovanni, I think, and seeing TR as weak losers.

There is a single starter, Pikachu.

Curse my inability to dump starters...

You get to start catching Pokémon early on though, and there are side-quests that give the other Kanto starters quite early. (They have to be earned though, so you don't just get given them).

Awesome. So no Johto starters?

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
There will be Johto starters. You won't get them until later on though (you get sent to Johto some time about a quarter of the way into the main storyline (Not post-Pokémon league. The Pokémon league will require all 16 badges).

There's nothing stopping you changing the starter Pokémon yourself :P Pikachu is better now though, because of the rebalance.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
this looks very good. can't wait to play the beta!

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Hey. If you ever need help with a scripting problem, I can be sure to help you if you ask. Just lending out my services to a project I'll be keeping my eye on.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
just noticed something, on your mountain/hill(s), you have 1 to many stairs going up. you put 1 where there is usually flat groung on the top of the mountain/hill.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Thanks siper and psychic boy :)

I'll bare that in mind psychic, although I'm good as a scripter but it's nice to know where I can go for help.

Siper, I'm not sure what you mean with the stairs, but I'll have a look at some of Nintendo's stairs and see if there's a difference (Y)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The dynamic levelling thing seems interesting but doesn't it cause a problem because the pokemon won't evolve even if they are level 50 etc? Also if you are carrying around a weak pokemon you are training all the pokemon are weaker - therefore you could just carry around a lv 5 pokemon so that you don't have any tough encounters.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
what i mean is this is what you have
2z5n4oj.png

when they are ussually like this
154wpc6.png

that's what i mean by extra stair.

EDIT:
also i just saw that your skinny trees are wrong
you have
206eo3q.png

it is suppose to be
mjy05s.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Haha oh yeah, thanks siper I'll look into that.

The Pokémon evolve fine, I tested it with a full team so there's no problem there (Y)

The idea behind the dynamic isn't for a challenge, it's so people aren't tied down to where they form their team or what they train on by the area and Pokémon species. So you can train your main Pokémon to say level 20, so then you can go back to route 1, catch a level 17 Pokémon. It encourages building a dynamic team rather than tanking with the starter :p

I could alter it to make it based on an average, or make it your strongest minues a few levels. I guess I could do a poll?

I'd like some comments on it from a few people before doing a poll though.

Thanks for the constructive guys :D

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Haha oh yeah, thanks siper I'll look into that.

The Pokémon evolve fine, I tested it with a full team so there's no problem there (Y)

The idea behind the dynamic isn't for a challenge, it's so people aren't tied down to where they form their team or what they train on by the area and Pokémon species. So you can train your main Pokémon to say level 20, so then you can go back to route 1, catch a level 17 Pokémon. It encourages building a dynamic team rather than tanking with the starter :p

I could alter it to make it based on an average, or make it your strongest minues a few levels. I guess I could do a poll?

I'd like some comments on it from a few people before doing a poll though.

Thanks for the constructive guys :D

no problem. :)

i'd say average level, so it is also easier to trai your stronger pokemon in the party (also so then peopl with HM slaves don't fight level 2s and 3s all the time.)

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Disrupter, tjwilliams, you can be closed beta testers. I want one more, any others afterwards will have to wait until new open betas. (I need closed betas so I don't release buggy betas in open beta).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back