• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Ultimate Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Friday is open beta. Your betas will be before then, to make sure it is ready for public release.

will the beta have the changes on the maps i pointed out, or do we just ignore that part?

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
    Years
  • I do not know if you like to change the graphs of the game but really I find that they are a little better with others tiles, spriters…, but its scrippting is good and its mapeado is pleasant alone must work a little in the details more

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Thanks dragoon and curt.

siper: The stairs have been fixed, the trees may not make the next beta, but they are barely noticeable.

wesley: Eventually I will be using some new tiles, but is far from the priority at this stage. I prioritise functionality over making things look pretty at this stage.

Most of the tile work will be in Johto though, to make it different to Kanto :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Really need those job roles taken up guys, especially now!

The army are dragging me off to Newcastle at the end of this month for a week, and they will likely do the same more in the future.

So here's my current plan:
    Release beta by this Friday.

Continue after the 28th.

But it would be nice if the space between the two was filled with progress being made in areas besides scripting.

So please send in those job requests!

Thank you.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    since the public beta comes out on friday, and it is tuesday, when will we get the beta testing rom? depending on how long it is depends on how much of a thorough test we can get, in case of errors.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    There has been a change of plan.

Due to a sudden call from the army dragging me off to Newcastle soon, there will be no open beta on Friday, and I will instead be releasing what I planned to have as a closed beta today.

It should be a little more buggy than planned, but after testing I haven't found any myself.

After it's uploaded, enjoy, and for the love of god, read the beta notes that come with it!

Thanks.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The screens of urs look good
    I played the alpha you sent me on msn
    looks good ;) well done!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Thanks samface. I'm pretty sure I've updated it quite a lot since the alpha I sent you, so check out the beta (Y)

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Oh. That's not a bug, that's an unchanged tile. If you see that again ignore it, I know what it is (Y)

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    found an error. at viridian city, when you enter the dock, you are able to enter the boat, S.S. Anne.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I think you should get some new tiles to make the hack pro and have my full team are the level 1 dodu supposed to do there?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Thanks Siper. The boat is still there as I just haven't gotten to that stage in the hack yet. I plan to make the SS.Anne (or the SS.Whatever) one way to travel to Johto. So it will still be there but you will need some kind of pass which you will receive about a third the way into the story.

Also a note about the beta: There is some story in Viridian which will direct you towards Vermilion, it just isn't there yet.

Disrupter: The Doduo depends. If you have a Pokémon level 3 or lower, then all wild Pokémon will be level 1. I may make the level depend on some kind of average rather than your weakest Pokémon though.

And I don't really have any skills besides scripting and mapping, and I've not built a team yet :/

Edit: You guys got two of the starters yet (No Squirtle yet), and how did you think the side-quests to get them?

And there's another "bug" which I'm aware of. If you get given a Pokémon and you have no room for it, it won't tell you, and it will just be sent straight to PC. It requires a surprising amount of scripting to have it tell you this, and it just wastes valuable ROM space for other things. Anyone who plays any hack ever should know that they get sent to the PC anyway ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2019
    Fox-

FYI your hack freezes when you try to look at the town map on the wall of the training gym pokemon center. idk if its just the one in sable, but you might want to take a look at it.

mehappy

The Happiest Him
    Years
  • i noticed another bug!
    i just started the game and was going through route 1 and messing around and battles the first girl that was "required" (no escaping the battle), she was facing a ledge and you had to go in front of her.
    I lost (i know, its bad when you lose on route 1), and when i whited out and went to the pokecenter, i was "in" a gym or something, but in the black area outside the walls, and couldnt move.
    sorry for no screenshots:(

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    I know what that is mehappy. I just haven't set a healing place before a Pokémon Center, so you can't die before going to the first Pokémon Center first yet :/

Equip Pikachu with a berry (there's one inside the cave), and save before fighting it. I'm planning to make her easier to beat.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    i really liked the game
    hope you will do it to the end.
    somehow i didn't really liked the 3 lv under my pokemon because it takes years to train him.

and a bug i have found:my pikachu died from poisening on palet town on my way to a place i can heal there(i never found one).and the screen went black after it talled me that i'm out of pokemon and when it went on again(half a sec)i found myself stuck in the northwest point of a poka center(i didn't get to see a real one-only after it when i started a new game)and i couldent walk anywhere-just stuck.

but i really liked the side quest for bulbasur as i found it hard to find the boy behind a roof

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back