• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
And everyone was happy and friendly in the club again :D

I've realized that I probably don't like Capaldi's Doctor too much... I mean I was really looking forward to him, but he hasn't impressed me over these two episodes like Smith did with Eleventh Hour and onwards. Smith was instantly the Doctor, despite me mourning the cute Tennant like the fangirl I couldn't help but being. I mean, Smith was rather brilliant actually. Capaldi... needs some more time I think. Or maybe it's just me needing time to understand that the Doctor wasn't always hyperactive and friendly.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
And everyone was happy and friendly in the club again :D

I've realized that I probably don't like Capaldi's Doctor too much... I mean I was really looking forward to him, but he hasn't impressed me over these two episodes like Smith did with Eleventh Hour and onwards. Smith was instantly the Doctor, despite me mourning the cute Tennant like the fangirl I couldn't help but being. I mean, Smith was rather brilliant actually. Capaldi... needs some more time I think. Or maybe it's just me needing time to understand that the Doctor wasn't always hyperactive and friendly.

Right, so this is coming from a person raised on the Classic series.

I really like Capaldi. He reminds me a lot of Seven and Three.

He's more the Doctor to me than Eleven was. The Doctor isn't meant to be a comedy sketch. The Doctor is an old, OLD man that wears funny clothes and travels through time and space with a friend and has a habit of stopping bad things. The funny and quirky bits are there yes, but all the New Who Doctors have had this darkness in them, something the classic Doctors didn't have. It was a story of adventure and helping people. It turned into sometimes adventure and mostly feels. The 'lonely angel' Ten was the pinnacle of that era. Eleven rode it like a dead horse. He was like a ten year old with a tantrum.

This 'last of their species' thing is all new. But now, spoiler for Fiftieth, Gallifrey is returned. He's not alone. Which is why I think the show can return to its roots. The lone survivor thing was cool, but so were the Time Lords, sometimes.

Eleven should have left a long, long time ago.

Also, this Missy is so the Master. With the return of Gallifrey and the anagram RYCBAR and the previous anagram, YANA, "Run you clever boy and remember, you are not alone." YANA was the Master, and Gallifrey never was destroyed, meaning everything in Tennant's ending didn't happen. The Master is most likely alive... and regenerated into a woman, which is awesome. Missy=Mistress female form of Master.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I feel like having a female Master is at least a good measure in addressing the issue of why can't the doctor be female. He could if he wanted to, but it would be a change to the character. But with the Master, having them turn female is a great twist, and makes you think twice if gender really is an issue. So yeah, I'm all for Missy. As for your post phantom, I agree mostly. I was brought in with NuWho, but having dipped into the classics recently, I feel the same about Matt. He was good, but he was running on the coattails of the 10th.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think it's not necessarily a bad thing that NuWho was different. I really liked the lone survivor take on the thing and all the underlying feels and guilt that shaped Ten (and to some extent Eleven). Some say it was horrible that Rose and Nine/Ten was pretty much a love story but I think it's totally okay to angle the show in a way that will attract viewers these days. Love stories are a nice side/background plot.

And aside from Moffat's clumsy writing (and some other authors too) here and there, I really enjoyed the different feel in Eleven's series. They were a chapter of their own, with the Ponds and River.

I don't at all think that they need to go back to their roots, but from what I've heard that's what the showrunners want to do these days maybe to make the old Whovians more content. Fair enough, but maybe some new Whovians won't like it as much. It's a win/lose situation, we'll see what comes out of it.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Honestly, I'm bothered a bit by new Who fans. Sort of annoyed actually.

They fangirl and stuff. You don't see classic fans doing that.

I'm so tired of the Doctor being hit on by people I could vomit.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
We each have our own opinion. Just respect that and don't vomit in this thread please :)

EDIT: I read this on the wikipedia page for Series 8 and found it really cool. But I did like the last 11th Doctor intro a bit better. At least the song.

Design changes
The introduction of a new lead actor brought about another change to the title sequence. The sequence for Series 8 was inspired by a fan-made sequence produced by Billy Hanshaw, an illustrator and 3D animator, who posted it on Youtube. This eventually came to the attention of Steven Moffat, who subsequently based the official sequence on Hanshaw's work.[73][74][75]

EDIT2: I just saw Robot of Sherwood :D or whatever episode 3 was called again. It was fun, but the thing that struck me the hardest as the soundtrack nerd I am was that in the trailer for the next episode at the end, they used music from Season 1! Rose in Peril I believe it was called. Fun :3

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I've been away on vacation. I think I've missed two episodes. Going to catch up on them now.

I did watch six episodes from Tenth's series though on my trip as plane fare

EDIT: Okay. Watched them. I know nothing of Classic Who, I don't know if Twelve is more like that so far or not. To me, compared to the last three Doctors this one just... doesn't seem to care? Like he's not having fun

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
EDIT: Okay. Watched them. I know nothing of Classic Who, I don't know if Twelve is more like that so far or not. To me, compared to the last three Doctors this one just... doesn't seem to care? Like he's not having fun
Yeah, I think I know what you mean. But each Doctor is unique and changes the show in his own way. I guess we'll either keep loving it or not love it as much. Don't think I can stop watching it :)

I also just feel the need to share this adorable moment by the Eight Doctor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzWScOQ1Ijo#t=2444

I just love the randomness and Grace's look xD

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Okay, missed the last two, started episode 2 a couple of minutes ago. I love the new theme, everyone is crazy for hating it. Especially the hammers in the beginning that go along with the cogs. Anyway, this episode, it started out good, I think. Dom Com stuff is a bit NuWho, but I don't mind it at all. The head-desk bit was touching, and it actually felt like the response of someone who can't gather courage to ask out someone else.(But dude, WTF, Jenna Coleman starts hitting on you, you don't say no!) As for the doctor, damn. 3 weeks. At least Clara is getting used to the indifference of this Doctor, and so am I. Its nice to see some I don't give a ****s from the main character of a show these days, everyone's so gung-ho on TV in general. Will update post when episode is over. HOLY CRAP. Just got to the uh....stomach scene. Yeah, doctor might be going a bit far.
Edit: 15 minutes into robin hood. The arching butt being blown up by the screwdriver after the doctor basically saying "Screw It" is my favorite NuWho moment now. Just soooo good. Overall this episode is eh, campy and a fun romp. Nothing more.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
What'd everybody think of "Listen"?

Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
WHY AM I NOT A MEMBER OF THIS

I honestly like the 12th. He reminds me of the classic doctors (which some people might not even know of). He's so indifferent and crazy, I love it.

Note: spoiler might contain spoiler about Listen (surprise surprise). open with caution!
Spoiler:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
WHY AM I NOT A MEMBER OF THIS

I honestly like the 12th. He reminds me of the classic doctors (which some people might not even know of). He's so indifferent and crazy, I love it.

Note: spoiler might contain spoiler about Listen (surprise surprise). open with caution!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Zef!

Yeah it was... A too Moffat-y episode. He built up stuff and then tossed everything out the window without making sense :(
And
Spoiler:

I keep being disappointed in this series in a way I never was with the last Doctor. Mumble rumble...

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Ok to answer you guy's questions, this is what I think about it.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Spoiler:

I was so scared throughout Hide!

Also hi I'm Doctor again~

Back