• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
The barn canonically is on Gallifrey. And Gallifrey isn't time-locked anymore, but it's hidden. Usually the TARDIS wouldn't be able to get there, but because The Doctor disabled the limitations (allowing them to go to the end of the universe), I guess it allow them to go there, too.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Its on Gallifrey, I agree. The urgency in Clara's eyes(I love em to be honest) is enough to see that they should not be there, or at least its too early for them to be there. God knows what else would happen on top of the Doctor returning, like him meeting his child self for one.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The barn canonically is on Gallifrey. And Gallifrey isn't time-locked anymore, but it's hidden. Usually the TARDIS wouldn't be able to get there, but because The Doctor disabled the limitations (allowing them to go to the end of the universe), I guess it allow them to go there, too.
Okay that explanation I can buy! :)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Shuttity up up up has to be the best catch phrase of the doctor. Time Heist was fun, if a bit unfocused. But eh, I usually go with the mantra that if a show can carry me for 40-50 minutes and I still want more that its good. And I loved the "I was going for minimalism and came out with a magician" line. The plot was pretty fun, and I love the presentation. Also is it me, or is the doctor gaining some humanity? Or at least seemingly so. Last but not least, what a low budget. I counted what, 3 sets?
Edit:Also catching up on the back end of 7. Only saw name/day of the doctor, to be properly catched up, but never the inbetween bits.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Although the various rooms are different, the hall is the same throughout. You can tell in that one shot that looks foggy that it was just to hide the vault door.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hahaha I don't think about low budget things unless someone points it out. I read somewhere that "Fear Her" was incredibly low budget, which is why we didn't get any CGI (almost) and nearly no variation in setting (they stayed on one lil street). I knew I disliked that episode for some reasons, but after I read that, I'm not sure I can rewatch it in the same way again :p

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Jesus Christ, did you have to remind me of the episode?! The budget in RTD era was worse sure, but that episode didn't suck cause of that. The little kid read her lines all the way through, and the plot was terrible. Where's the bleach, I need to forget it all over again...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Jesus Christ, did you have to remind me of the episode?! The budget in RTD era was worse sure, but that episode didn't suck cause of that. The little kid read her lines all the way through, and the plot was terrible. Where's the bleach, I need to forget it all over again...
Only upside is that the Doctor and Rose are really cute in it 8)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Only upside is that the Doctor and Rose are really cute in it 8)
YOU'RE NOT MAKING IT ANY BETTER. I think my signature now fits for all who have an opinion I don't like.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
That's not exactly the best way of dealing with opinion you don't like but okay.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ooh, I've got to go watch the new episode :33 I'll be back with plenty of opinions later, probably!

EDIT: There! Okay, imo that was the best episode of the season so far. Back to basics, somehow. Doctor mentioned River, aawh :D

And some things he said, yeah xD "The walls need sponging and there's a sinister puddle." "There has been a spillage."

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Damn was that a fine episode. I love the cold openings, much more natural then the rest of the series. One thing especially that comes off more natural as well is the sitcom feel. For the first time in 10 years they've finally nailed down the perfect balance of epic sci-fi and something fawlty towers like in the same episode. Not sure how I would feel about a teen companion if that's what Courtney would be, but maybe if they give us Danny as well along with her it could be fun.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Damn was that a fine episode. I love the cold openings, much more natural then the rest of the series. One thing especially that comes off more natural as well is the sitcom feel. For the first time in 10 years they've finally nailed down the perfect balance of epic sci-fi and something fawlty towers like in the same episode. Not sure how I would feel about a teen companion if that's what Courtney would be, but maybe if they give us Danny as well along with her it could be fun.
I think Courtney was just a fun poke at the Doctor picking up random companions to the right and left, and also that he was worried about Clara leaving to be with Danny at some point instead. Clearly, Courtney didn't take too well to space travel :p

"there has been a spillage"

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah, but it just felt like the way they introduced her along with how well they got along that it would be one of those things. Unless the next episode gives us a future Courtney, then it could be interesting.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Am I the only one who would really want to see a male companion to the Doctor?

... new fanfic idea xD

Back