• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Off topic, but getting a Icy Snow/Sandstorm Vivillon (especially latter) is nigh on impossible. I got REALLY lucky nabbing couple of Monsoons.

Pro-tip: If you haven't started X/Y, select a region that gives either Icy Snow, Monsoon, or Sandstorm Vivillons. You could put up those Vivillons and request pretty much any pokemon other than legendaries and unobtainables and get the Pokemon wanted in matter of seconds.

Last edited:
Years
Off topic, but getting a Icy Snow/Sandstorm Vivillon (especially latter) is nigh on impossible. I got REALLY lucky nabbing couple of Monsoons.

Pro-tip: If you haven't started X/Y, select a region that gives either Icy Snow, Monsoon, or Sandstorm Vivillons. You could put up those Vivillons and request pretty much any pokemon other than legendaries and unobtainables and get the Pokemon wanted in matter of seconds.

Wow, interesting fact there. I have heard that Monsoon, Sandstorm and Icy Snow are among the rarest Vivillon forms due to how very few regions they appear in. However, I stay true to my culture so yeah I just want a River Vivillon on my game and assuming I get trade-suitable connection I'll offer a River Vivillon to those who need them.

I love how Game Freak has now implemented Pokemon form differences based entirely on the player's real-life region. I do hope they make more Pokemon like this in the future. Vivillon was a great way to introduce these form differences, and heck Flabebe's line even has different flower colors depending on which routes they were caught. It's really cute and I want to collect all the different Flabebe variants once I get my X and Y games!

Years
I'd say River is still one of the more sought after Vivillon forms; you shouldn't really have to worry.

It's not really that there are few regions per se, it's just that in most of those places you'd rarely find a Pokemon player. Look at Icy Snow for example, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Northern Russia, they take up huge amount of space yet there are so few people that live there, let alone play Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
I'd say River is still one of the more sought after Vivillon forms; you shouldn't really have to worry.

It's not really that there are few regions per se, it's just that in most of those places you'd rarely find a Pokemon player. Look at Icy Snow for example, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Northern Russia, they take up huge amount of space yet there are so few people that live there, let alone play Pokemon.

That's because only Australia gets River Vivillon and nowhere else, so expect Aussies to get approached a lot by those seeking River Vivillons. A dude here named Rilence was trying to get some Vivillons and he was asking if I live in the region that gets River Vivillon, but given I'm still stuck in 5th Gen I directed him to someone who can.

And I see what you mean about why some patterns are so rare, there's just very few Pokemon players in said regions. Heck it appears the majority of American players get Modern Vivillon, and also High Plains to a lesser extent. Polar Vivillon is very common among Canadians yet I believe they get two other forms in some parts.

Years
I love all the different forms so much but aside from the Meadow Vivillon (which was the first one ever revealed) they are suffering a huge lack of fanart. But I'll still try and make avatars out of every form!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Hikari10 said:
I love how Game Freak has now implemented Pokemon form differences based entirely on the player's real-life region. I do hope they make more Pokemon like this in the future. Vivillon was a great way to introduce these form differences, and heck Flabebe's line even has different flower colors depending on which routes they were caught. It's really cute and I want to collect all the different Flabebe variants once I get my X and Y games!
Actually, different Flabebe forms can be found on the same route. It actually depends on the color of the flowers themselves in which they were caught. A small detail, but thought I would let you know.

I should really look up the different Vivvillon forms. It's getting really late over here, so I guess I'll do it tomorrow. I know it will only take a couple minutes (or hours with my internet), but I'll spend the rest of the night absorbed with pokemon fan-art, so tomorrow it is.

Years
I gotta reblog all the Pokemon fanart I need, it's all part of my daily Tumblr schedule. Be warned, sometimes I throw memes and all the comedic stuff in there, plus a girl needs a bit of "man candy" especially if you're not a girly-girl like myself who needs more full-on diverse content.

Face it, I blog the most obscure stuff ever.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I have a Tumblr account. I created it, looked around for a couple hours, got bored, and never came back.

Did someone say memes? I have a folder full of meme reactions from when I go on Memecenter. I say, memes are simply...
Spoiler:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
You guys reminded me that I have to go to my Tumblr page now, and I'm usually reblog things that I like, Pokemon gifs and stuff, and sometimes I put my own as well (although it's not the gifs).

Years
You guys reminded me that I have to go to my Tumblr page now, and I'm usually reblog things that I like, Pokemon gifs and stuff, and sometimes I put my own as well (although it's not the gifs).

Yeah, you'd be surprised at all those pieces of fanart, photos, gifs and stuff because there is a good shot I could be using it for an avatar or signature of mine. Most of my avatars are pics I crop a part out of. Sometimes it takes ages for me to get it right.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Yeah, you'd be surprised at all those pieces of fanart, photos, gifs and stuff because there is a good shot I could be using it for an avatar or signature of mine. Most of my avatars are pics I crop a part out of. Sometimes it takes ages for me to get it right.

Well, I wouldn't know Tumblr if not for you introducing it for me in the first place, Hika. And I'm reminded that sometimes I make my custom siggy, and usually I make one for my avatar, but for now I'm sticking with my personally-made animated Victini avatar.

TY

I never had the intention to make a tumblr account and i probably never will either :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I can get stuck on Homestuck tumblrs for hours. Dangerous.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Vivillon does have quite a lot of forms, doesn't it? d: Other than Unown, I don't think any Pokémon has ever had that many forms before. The closest, though, would probably have to be Arceus, as it's got a total of seventeen different forms—one for each type, excluding fairy. Arceus may have a fairy form, but it hasn't been confirmed though, since nobody's been able to a fairy-type plate yet. Rotom would also have to be pretty close, who has about four to five forms. My favorite Vivillon form has gotta be sun, as I find its body colors to compliment each other very nicely. Due to the same reason, I also like meadow. :)

As for Tumblr… I do have an account there, but I haven't logged into it since last year. I forgot its password, too, so if I ever wanted to sign in again, I'd have to reset it. If you ask me, that's a pretty big hassle. d:

Last edited:
Years
I got back into tumblr a few months ago, and I seemed to have grasped onto the concept very easily.. it's just that I don't have a large follower base nor do I follow a whole lot of people on tumblr. However, I always find stuff to reblog through my favorite tags and that shows my interests there :P

Years
Tumblr is obviously not for me, every time I try to start up an account I get confused about the whole concept.

I'm kinda surprised about that. The site seems easy to use for me.

I got back into tumblr a few months ago, and I seemed to have grasped onto the concept very easily.. it's just that I don't have a large follower base nor do I follow a whole lot of people on tumblr. However, I always find stuff to reblog through my favorite tags and that shows my interests there :P

I follow loads of stuff, and I mainly discovered them when browsing. I also tend to follow most blogs that PC members have because hey they might be posting something I love. At least my page, while not impressive is quite simple and it's got that very same flower background you see here on my profile at PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back