• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
1. What do you mean by this? I just don't have the knowledge to add new moves if that's what you meant by updated movesets. =(

I meant change the learnset of some Pokemon like: Victreebel learns Leaf Blade, Sludge Bomb naturally, Arbok learns Poison Tail naturally, and other stuff...

And regards Ariados... hmm... just to make him usable... if there is PSS you could make him as Special Attacker rather than a Physical Attacker... with access to Signal Beam, Sludge Bomb, Psychic, Filler Move he would really be used :D...

And regarding to new moves.. I'm still learning.. and if I'm confident that I've learned enough! I'm gonna help you regards to that :D..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I meant change the learnset of some Pokemon like: Victreebel learns Leaf Blade, Sludge Bomb naturally, Arbok learns Poison Tail naturally, and other stuff...

And regards Ariados... hmm... just to make him usable... if there is PSS you could make him as Special Attacker rather than a Physical Attacker... with access to Signal Beam, Sludge Bomb, Psychic, Filler Move he would really be used :D...

And regarding to new moves.. I'm still learning.. and if I'm confident that I've learned enough! I'm gonna help you regards to that :D..

Oh I see, those are some good suggestions! I'll do what you suggested for Victreebel definitely, I made Arbok learn Poison Fang at some point, I'll go through every Pokémon in yape before I create the new patch and see if I can add any more reasonable moveset updates. =)

Some help in the moves department would be amazing! Especially with all the 4th/5th gen Pokémon in the game. Thank you =)

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Oh I see, those are some good suggestions! I'll do what you suggested for Victreebel definitely, I made Arbok learn Poison Fang at some point, I'll go through every Pokémon in yape before I create the new patch and see if I can add any more reasonable moveset updates. =)

Some help in the moves department would be amazing! Especially with all the 4th/5th gen Pokémon in the game. Thank you =)

Yey! When you actually do post it.. I'd take a chance to try to import some abilities also... I'm gonna try to port Protean :D.. the only code I've seen is Emerald so I'm gonna try to port this to FR and use it for your hack.. it would totally be wicked for Azradon :D..

coca cola

Wanna be:D
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
This game looks super impressive and I may not be able to hold of playing it before it is complete:D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
~ Update ~

Version 2 is finally ready!

Before adding a list of what the new patch contains, I just wanted to start off by thanking all of you for your support!

Version 2

The second main release contains the following:

Features

•Seven Gym Leaders ready to battle, some with new sprites!
•95% of the whole region is now ready to be explored! All ten cities can now be visited.
•Most main characters now have their own OW and Trainer sprites. Not all of them (spriting is hard), but the most relevant ones do.
•Some new events towards the beginning (walk around in Woods Entrance!)
•Every bug I have had time to/been able to fix from Version 1.5 has been fixed. Working on the rest!
•The legendary beasts Entei, Raikou and Suicune will be encountered. You will get a chance to capture ONE of the dogs in this Version, depending on your Alignment.
•A completely new career has been added, the Breeder Career! You can pick this side-career up when you get to the final city.
•A mini-game of sorts, the Gold Rush Challenge.
•The hero and heroine now both have custom sprites and OWs, but only for walking, running and biking.
•Long-awaited scripts such as the finish of the New Bora event and the Storyteller have been fixed.
•Many more career missions have been added.
•More Alignment-altering events have been added.
•Five new routes, including a swamp, a sea, a cave, an aqueduct and a desert wasteland.
•All three HM Licenses are now obtainable: SURF, FLY and CUT. You need them all, yes.
•Significant amounts of character/story development, if you like that sort of thing.
•Two new Item Crafters have been added.

Basically, this release contains most of the events in the entire game up until just before the Pokémon League... Now for the part nobody likes...

Bugs

You will probably encounter at least one of the following bugs in this release:

•Fakemon, 4th, 5th, and 6th Gen Pokémon do not have the correct cries. Some also do not have the correct menu icon.
•The Azradon family do not have the correct menu icons. I have tried drawing them myself but they were disgusting so I left them as they are.
•The Moon Stone and Sun Stone do not seem to work on some Pokémon, including Eevee. I am currently re-scripting the "Eevee Project" event for Version 3 to hopefully rectify this.
•The Pokedex is still appearing a little jumbled and un-coordinated.
•Player OWs for things like fishing and surfing are not complete.
•Some scripts where money and coin checks are executed will malfunction. As examples: Natu cannot be purchased in Loxar's Mansion (for criminals) but all the other Pokémon on offer can be purchased fine, you might try to buy an item but your money won't even be touched as you still receive the item... =/
•The game still has no custom world map or titlescreen. I urgently need help in these areas!

Download

The latest version of Pokémon Mirage Of Tales can be downloaded here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?qvkysvqn6qi09cw

Enjoy! =)

~ AvaraMoon

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
Yay, congrats! =D

Just downloaded, will give feedback when I get a chance to play.

EDIT: Just played for a few minutes, and a couple things:

1) The very first Pokemon Center, where you removed the stairs and there is just empty space, you still can't walk in the empty space. No big deal just caught me off guard haha, figured I should mention it in case its not intentional.

2) Just from my first 2 interactions with the rival I like the personality you gave him! I miss the old style of dbag rivals, makes me glad I gave this one a derogatory name, haha.

3) Found this house in the southeast of Sogen Suburb, there are stairs but I can't go up
28v9ml4.png

4) This guy in the Sogen Suburb community center won't talk
x5uv5y.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Yay, congrats! =D

Just downloaded, will give feedback when I get a chance to play.

EDIT: Just played for a few minutes, and a couple things:

1) The very first Pokemon Center, where you removed the stairs and there is just empty space, you still can't walk in the empty space. No big deal just caught me off guard haha, figured I should mention it in case its not intentional.

2) Just from my first 2 interactions with the rival I like the personality you gave him! I miss the old style of dbag rivals, makes me glad I gave this one a derogatory name, haha.

3) Found this house in the southeast of Sogen Suburb, there are stairs but I can't go up
28v9ml4.png

4) This guy in the Sogen Suburb community center won't talk
x5uv5y.png

1, 3 and 4 are fixed. I'm glad you like the annoying rival! Lol, thought it would add a bit of humour and make your rival actually seem like a rival rather than just being a random friend or something =P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
VERY GOOD RELEASE! I LOVE IT!
A few bugs:
Some trainers (Mainly in the Criminal HQ Top floor, and scattered throughout the new areas) will not battle you if you walk in front, you must talk to them.
A few script errors (Fly License sign gives you unlimited HP ups if you talk to it over and over, guy in Verlume Villas who has a sign script)

OTHER THAN THAT AMAZING! :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
Enjoying the new beta so far. Just one thing I noticed. The sign in front of Tanzite Tunnel displays cut tree message instead of displaying some specific sign message.

Edit: Also, the people at the Footsteps of Mt. Ore talk to me as though I'm Seeker and give me the camper bag even though I'm not a Seeker.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
I for whatever reason cannot go to the second floor of the Seeker base during the criminal path. Is this a bug or intentional?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Enjoying the new beta so far. Just one thing I noticed. The sign in front of Tanzite Tunnel displays cut tree message instead of displaying some specific sign message.

Edit: Also, the people at the Footsteps of Mt. Ore talk to me as though I'm Seeker and give me the camper bag even though I'm not a Seeker.

Did you start a new game when you were meant to at the release of Version 1? The flag for the camper's visibility is set in the Pokémon School at the start of the game and the only possible way to clear it is in a Seeker script. If you did start a new game etcetera then I'll have to scour through the game to see where I cleared it accidentally. =P Thanks for notifying me of this!

I for whatever reason cannot go to the second floor of the Seeker base during the criminal path. Is this a bug or intentional?

Could you be more specific on what part of the game you're at? If it's for the Crime version of the Science Centre mission then I probably just have to fix a warp. If you're at any other point in the game you shouldn't be able to enter the SFS Base at all. Thanks for reporting either way, I'll look into it. =)

EDIT: Found and fixed this. I'll upload a new patch to rectify this later! Thank you!

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
I'm gonna report some bugs now: :D
2edyr9v.jpg

1.The water is cut here. But it's easily resolved by going in and out in one of the houses there.
2yyxl04.jpg

2.When you battle him it shows Neveah's sprite and mons'.
ab060n.jpg

3.She transforms into her sister.
4hzk2e.jpg

4.Even her battle sprite is her sisters'.
hrzyc9.jpg

5.Can't walk through where I'm looking at and above. And also at the little shrubs.
1zyzeyf.jpg

6.This is where I am teleported after I said yes to the New Bora job at the lab.

7.There's a tile error at Seeker's HQ.
8.At Finagold's Terrace, in the house where Prof. Avara is, if you go out of that house you become teleported at the entrance of its Community Center.
9.Dunno if this is a bug but I can't seem to fight Erakuba Island's Gym.
10.The script of one dude in where you can get the Surf License has the Cut License script.
11.One swimmer at the Cyan Sea(on the way to the fossil cave) is trying to swim to shore but get's stuck.
12.A trainer in Mt. Ore is standing on a rock.(Note: The deepest part of Mt. Ore)

Problems: I don't know where Eli is, I already found his ring.. :/

Edit: Another Bug:
13. There are 2 copies of you inside the Old Lady's mansion.(Verlum Villas)

Last edited:
Years
Don't forget to change the title to Version 2 and also post the version 2 on the first page so people know the new version was just released

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
AM I CRAZY OR WHAT!? I JUST SAW A UNICORN/ALECORN IN THIS GAME!! I'M SERIOUS!!! I WAS JUST STROLLING AROUND SEARCHING FOR BUGS AND WHEN I WENT ABOVE GREENEYE WOODS IT APPEARED! AN OW ONLY THOUGH!! It went North.. I'm gonna hunt for it.. :3

I'm gonna post a screenshot later...

EDIT: Le screenshot of le unicorn:
10r64xt.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I'm gonna report some bugs now: :D
2edyr9v.jpg

1.The water is cut here. But it's easily resolved by going in and out in one of the houses there.
2yyxl04.jpg

2.When you battle him it shows Neveah's sprite and mons'.
ab060n.jpg

3.She transforms into her sister.
4hzk2e.jpg

4.Even her battle sprite is her sisters'.
hrzyc9.jpg

5.Can't walk through where I'm looking at and above. And also at the little shrubs.
1zyzeyf.jpg

6.This is where I am teleported after I said yes to the New Bora job at the lab.

7.There's a tile error at Seeker's HQ.
8.At Finagold's Terrace, in the house where Prof. Avara is, if you go out of that house you become teleported at the entrance of its Community Center.
9.Dunno if this is a bug but I can't seem to fight Erakuba Island's Gym.
10.The script of one dude in where you can get the Surf License has the Cut License script.
11.One swimmer at the Cyan Sea(on the way to the fossil cave) is trying to swim to shore but get's stuck.
12.A trainer in Mt. Ore is standing on a rock.(Note: The deepest part of Mt. Ore)

Problems: I don't know where Eli is, I already found his ring.. :/

Edit: Another Bug:
13. There are 2 copies of you inside the Old Lady's mansion.(Verlum Villas)

Again, can't thank you enough for being so specific and providing screenshots of the bugs. I will get onto fixing the ones I can! Esp the gym leader, no idea how I missed that =S lol

The script for the Lethean City floods is a setmaptile script, I just put the water a bit too close to the edge of the map, but if I'm going to re-do the maptiles it'll take me hours haha, it does look bad but it's low priority for now. Ekaruba Gym and the stuff with Eli's ring shall be in Version 3 =)

Don't forget to change the title to Version 2 and also post the version 2 on the first page so people know the new version was just released

I actually totally forgot to update the thread, whoops! Thanks for reminding me! =)

AM I CRAZY OR WHAT!? I JUST SAW A UNICORN/ALECORN IN THIS GAME!! I'M SERIOUS!!! I WAS JUST STROLLING AROUND SEARCHING FOR BUGS AND WHEN I WENT ABOVE GREENEYE WOODS IT APPEARED! AN OW ONLY THOUGH!! It went North.. I'm gonna hunt for it.. :3

I'm gonna post a screenshot later...

EDIT: Le screenshot of le unicorn:
10r64xt.jpg

YAY! You're the first person who has commented on this!
I can't say toooo much, but I will tell you that you'll be seeing this Pokémon again. ;)
Can I please steal that screenshot for the thread? =D

Back