• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
'Badges' don't exist in the game, plus this is my first hack so my knowledge isn't the best. Keep in mind that I am doing this project by myself, I don't have the knowledge to implement the PSS/4th gen moves on my own, and the patch that can do it was released long after work on this hack started... sorry for the inconvenience...

Thanks for reminding me of the beginning game glitch. I'll be sure to re-script it. =)
Right, I meant I beaten the 1st Gym haha!
As of the PSS, you can implement at any time you have nothing to fear. Just use DoesntKnowHowToPlay's patch (Link)
You can use any moves editor to edit basic moves' data. It requires no skill but a couple of hours using a good tool, such as the tool I made. (self-advertising like I boss)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Right, I meant I beaten the 1st Gym haha!
As of the PSS, you can implement at any time you have nothing to fear. Just use DoesntKnowHowToPlay's patch (Link)
You can use any moves editor to edit basic moves' data. It requires no skill but a couple of hours using a good tool, such as the tool I made. (self-advertising like I boss)

Oh thank you for directing me to that patch, I didn't know about it! I will try it out and see what happens maybe for Version 3, for fear it will overwrite stuff haha. =)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I don't want to be mean or anything, but I think that making Ariados Poison/Dark just turns it into a poor man's Drapion. You should consider one of the following things:

-Increase Ariados' base stats
-Retype it to Bug/Psychic or something
-Just replace Spinarak and Ariados with Skorupi and Drapion respectively

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I don't want to be mean or anything, but I think that making Ariados Poison/Dark just turns it into a poor man's Drapion. You should consider one of the following things:

-Increase Ariados' base stats
-Retype it to Bug/Psychic or something
-Just replace Spinarak and Ariados with Skorupi and Drapion respectively

I never really liked the Skorupi line, personally. What if I were to keep Ariados Poison/Dark and change its stats to that of Drapion's? Would that be more fitting?

classiccartoonsftw

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I never really liked the Skorupi line, personally. What if I were to keep Ariados Poison/Dark and change its stats to that of Drapion's? Would that be more fitting?
In my opinion, it wouldn't be fitting for Ariados to have high Defense. It's a spider, and spiders are usually pretty frail. What you could do, is increase its Special Attack instead, so that it can make good use of Dark-type moves, as well as Psychic and Giga Drain.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Avara make sure we'll able to teleport back to the lab (im stuck on a weird island) cant do anything to get back

Years
Oh! I just remembered something. There is a guy who asks you if you want to be teleported to your hometown or something (I don't recall exactly) he teleports you to a middle of an ocean instead. (It's before the 1st Gym iirc)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
In my opinion, it wouldn't be fitting for Ariados to have high Defense. It's a spider, and spiders are usually pretty frail. What you could do, is increase its Special Attack instead, so that it can make good use of Dark-type moves, as well as Psychic and Giga Drain.

Thank you for your insight! =) I have increased its Sp. Atk moveset and let it learn Giga Drain at Level 47. I hope that sounds a bit better!

Avara make sure we'll able to teleport back to the lab (im stuck on a weird island) cant do anything to get back

All done for Version 2, in which the 'New' Bora event is finally complete, will be out on this coming Tuesday =)

Oh! I just remembered something. There is a guy who asks you if you want to be teleported to your hometown or something (I don't recall exactly) he teleports you to a middle of an ocean instead. (It's before the 1st Gym iirc)

Thank you for reporting this, I'll have a look around in the first few areas to see if I can find what you're talking about =)

classiccartoonsftw

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Thank you for your insight! =) I have increased its Sp. Atk moveset and let it learn Giga Drain at Level 47. I hope that sounds a bit better!
With Sp. Atk moveset, do you mean its stat or its movepool? Also, Ariados already learns Giga Drain by TM, but it learning Giga Drain by level is great in case TM's won't be re-usable like in Pokemon Black and White onwards.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
With Sp. Atk moveset, do you mean its stat or its movepool? Also, Ariados already learns Giga Drain by TM, but it learning Giga Drain by level is great in case TM's won't be re-usable like in Pokemon Black and White onwards.

Oh, I meant the base stat, haha. And yeah, that's what I was thinking too =) I don't know how to make TMs re-usable, so having it learn by level is handier IMO.

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2019
How do i get my surf licence? When i go in to the building my rival won't let me talk to the lady, saying my Pokemon are to week(even though i beat the a**hole 3 times.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
How do i get my surf licence? When i go in to the building my rival won't let me talk to the lady, saying my Pokemon are to week(even though i beat the a**hole 3 times.)

You'll be able to get it in Version 2. =)

Years
I have a Lvl 35 Crobat and I can't get the FLY licence. :( All the other birds suck. (I know Crobat is a bat not a bird but it can learn FLY :'( :'()

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I have a Lvl 35 Crobat and I can't get the FLY licence. :( All the other birds suck. (I know Crobat is a bat not a bird but it can learn FLY :'( :'()

Ahh I completely forgot to add Crobat to the list of eligible Flying types... Thanks for pointing that out to me, I'll probably re-script the Fly License to include more eligible Pokémon in Version 3. For quickness's sake you could catch a Skarmory in Iron Hollow and use that to get the Fly License, then simply teach fly to Crobat and then just box Skarmory if you want. =)

Years
Bug reports:
- Koga is a guy. Why did you use his sprite for Elvera? Dude, you killed Koga's awesomeness. XD It shocked me, haha!
- You need to update Pokémon's TMs compatibility to match the changes you made to TMs. (f.e.: Geodude, Vulpix, Houndoom, .... shouldn't be able to learn Future Sight. Haunter and Houndoom shouldn't learn Sky Attack. Etcaetera)
- I had 0 coins but the guy that sells Future Sight gave it to me for "free" when I had to pay 1000 coins I didn't have at that time. (I joined Jenelle's gang)
- The event that starts by a Lvl 35 Houndoom agro: Imo, once you end the battle with Houndoom, and before battling Aries, you should set the variable of that event to stop it from happening again. Because if you lose to Aries, you'll have 2 options: Coming back and redo the whole event but Houndoom's sprite will be invisible (bug). OR, leave that event hanged and keep your journey since Jenelle's father gives you the Mansion Key you need before battling Aries, which is a "bug" too. So, imo, once the boss gives you the Mansion Key, the event's variable should be set, and losing or winning against Aries won't matter.

Suggestion:
- There should be there an NPC or a sign in the FLY licence building that gives full details about what is exactly needed to get the FLY Licence. Such as the Pokémon specie(s) you need to have and the minimum level it should be.

Btw, I am wondering where I can get a Fire Stone for my Vulpix?

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
Years
Bug reports:
- Koga is a guy. Why did you use his sprite for Elvera? Dude, you killed Koga's awesomeness. XD It shocked me, haha!
- You need to update Pokémon's TMs compatibility to match the changes you made to TMs. (f.e.: Geodude, Vulpix, Houndoom, .... shouldn't be able to learn Future Sight. Haunter and Houndoom shouldn't learn Sky Attack. Etcaetera)
- I had 0 coins but the guy that sells Future Sight gave it to me for "free" when I had to pay 1000 coins I didn't have at that time. (I joined Jenelle's gang)
- The event that starts by a Lvl 35 Houndoom agro: Imo, once you end the battle with Houndoom, and before battling Aries, you should set the variable of that event to stop it from happening again. Because if you lose to Aries, you'll have 2 options: Coming back and redo the whole event but Houndoom's sprite will be invisible (bug). OR, leave that event hanged and keep your journey since Jenelle's father gives you the Mansion Key you need before battling Aries, which is a "bug" too. So, imo, once the boss gives you the Mansion Key, the event's variable should be set, and losing or winning against Aries won't matter.

Suggestion:
- There should be there an NPC or a sign in the FLY licence building that gives full details about what is exactly needed to get the FLY Licence. Such as the Pokémon specie(s) you need to have and the minimum level it should be.

There is a shop that sells evo stones at ekaruba(typo?) Island.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Bug reports:

Suggestion:

First of all, thank u so much for describing the Houndoom/Loxar/Aries bug to me in so much detail! You're the first person to report this, and the details you gave me means I know exactly what I need to fix and where. I'll get onto fixing this right away! =)

I kind of intended for you to be able to battle the Houndoom repeatedly since it's meant to be like a 'guard dog' kind of thing, but I'll replace the whole script most likely to make it more efficient and less weird-looking. Thanks again!

Koga was just a placeholder for Elvera's sprite which I hadn't made yet at the time, Elvera's actual sprite will be in Version 2 =) As for the Fly License thing, I wanted to make it so that it isn't totally spelled out for the player, making it that little bit harder, but since I've forgotten to make some Pokémon eligible for certain Licenses I'll expand it a lot.

Everything else you mentioned shall be in Version 2 =)

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Its ALREADY APRIL 15!!! can't wait for the release.. this game is pretty awesome in terms of its features.. hmm..

btw.. since breeding would be available in the next beta... can we breed azradons evos? since they can't breed (you used Mewtwo, Ho-oh, and Lugia for their spot) and they don't have an egg group and gender.. and since you used these legendary spots... they're incapable of breeding...

And may I suggest some things?

1. Most of the pokemon really needs to get their moveset updated.
2. Azramadon's wing is cut. You might wanna change that.
3. Update some of the trainers sprites... some of them do not correspond to their OWs.
4. Noctowl and Ariados' typing doesn't match any of their learned moves. You should make them part Psychic instead and make Ariados learn Sludge Bomb and Signal Beam normally and switch the Atk and Sp. Atk stat of Ariados since he would be pretty useless right now... if you would implement new moves such as X-Scissor, Bug Bite, Cross Poison, Poison Jab and other stuff.. then disregard everything I said about Ariados.. and make him Bug/Poison instead...
5. Make people actually run in cities.(more of a bug rather, or you meant to do that)
6. Update the TM capability of most mons'.
7. Make pokemon that evolve through trade evolve naturally like what you did to Golem. (Haunter still evolves through trade.)
8. You can use G3HS to increase the number of types of evolution per mon' this way you can make Eevee evolve to Glaceon, and Leafeon.
9. I can still see that most replaced mons' still have their old icons.. :D
10. I forgot to mention to also improve the stats of Pokemons. Either to your liking or to the updated stats of some mons only introduced in latter generations.
11. Put a section of your F.A.Q. that is based on what to do after you do this and something like that.(How to get license, Available Pokemon for that License, and other stuff)

Bugs:
1. There are some graphical errors in the first houses at the start of the game. Specifically the picture frame.

So far that's just the bug(s) I've seen..

And I'm stuck at New Bora Island... -_-.. I can't talk to anyone here!! What do I do? I don't have Surf, Fly or anything to get out of here.. -_-

nvm.. I saw this on the previous post about 6 pages ago? I think? hahaaha.. good thing to have multiple saves XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Its ALREADY APRIL 15!!! can't wait for the release.. this game is pretty awesome in terms of its features.. hmm..

btw.. since breeding would be available in the next beta... can we breed azradons evos? since they can't breed (you used Mewtwo, Ho-oh, and Lugia for their spot) and they don't have an egg group and gender.. and since you used these legendary spots... they're incapable of breeding...

This was intentional. There will be an area where you can catch wild Azradon towards the end of the game. =)

And may I suggest some things?

1. Most of the pokemon really needs to get their moveset updated.
2. Azramadon's wing is cut. You might wanna change that.
3. Update some of the trainers sprites... some of them do not correspond to their OWs.
4. Noctowl and Ariados' typing doesn't match any of their learned moves. You should make them part Psychic instead and make Ariados learn Sludge Bomb and Signal Beam normally and switch the Atk and Sp. Atk stat of Ariados since he would be pretty useless right now... if you would implement new moves such as X-Scissor, Bug Bite, Cross Poison, Poison Jab and other stuff.. then disregard everything I said about Ariados.. and make him Bug/Poison instead...
5. Make people actually run in cities.(more of a bug rather, or you meant to do that)
6. Update the TM capability of most mons'.
7. Make pokemon that evolve through trade evolve naturally like what you did to Golem. (Haunter still evolves through trade.)
8. You can use G3HS to increase the number of types of evolution per mon' this way you can make Eevee evolve to Glaceon, and Leafeon.
9. I can still see that most replaced mons' still have their old icons.. :D
10. I forgot to mention to also improve the stats of Pokemons. Either to your liking or to the updated stats of some mons only introduced in latter generations.
11. Put a section of your F.A.Q. that is based on what to do after you do this and something like that.(How to get license, Available Pokemon for that License, and other stuff)

Bugs:
1. There are some graphical errors in the first houses at the start of the game. Specifically the picture frame.

So far that's just the bug(s) I've seen..

Wow! Lots to address here haha! Okay I'll just go through each point you made systematically lol =P

1. What do you mean by this? I just don't have the knowledge to add new moves if that's what you meant by updated movesets. =(
2. It was just the way I drew the sprite when I first made it. Fixed in v2.
3. Yes, I have been working on this a lot, it just took a long time for me to make the sprites. Most main characters now have their own sprite in v2.
4. If I could implement new moves, I'd definitely consider making changes like this, but since I can't, they'll have to stay the way they are. Sorry!
5. This is a confirmed bug. I don't know what's causing it =/ Use your bike instead of running.
6. It's being worked on.
7. Done in v2!
8. I'm having trouble with evolutions right now. Leafeon and Glaceon are already in the game though, you just can't evolve into them. I'm going to revisit this later.
9. Yes, I am working on that too haha! I have many icons to change still.
10. I have done this for some Pokémon, but I don't want to make every pokemon in the game stronger.
11. I will do that. =)

Thank you for your comments! =)

Back