• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
  • The wifi at my school just depends on how far away one is from the access point. :P

My old school had THE worst wifi. Then, they upgraded the wireless to the point that it as faster than ethernet, and reach all over campus, which was cool

My recent school has shaky internet, and will not reach in the basement classrooms

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Campus Wi-Fi in my case... well, it seems to depends on what day it is. Sometimes I'm lucky to get anything faster than a few hundred Kbps. Other times, well, I'm in envy of speeds in excess of 80 Mbps.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I've been experimenting with a linux-grsec kernel, and everything worked fine I decided to enable PAX
    O M G, this was quite the undertaking. I think I've figured out paxctl, but I hafta see which mitigations I need to disable
    Meh
    Spotify isn't working, but under Microsoft EMET, there were a couple of mitigations that needed to be disabled too, so it's probably a similar issue

Next, I wanna encrypt my hdd

Years
  • I just discovered iTunes Radio on my iPod, like literally. :P Holy **** is the music they're giving me based on a station I chose really good. :)

Years
  • I just discovered iTunes Radio on my iPod, like literally. :P Holy **** is the music they're giving me based on a station I chose really good. :)

I won't front, iTunes Radio is actually pretty legit. I used to use them for the Anime Radio stations a while back until I started downloading the artists's discographies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Cool. I'm using Opera on my android, and its easily the best option. Saves pages offline like the stock, has good preloading for sites, and the UI is easy to use. Gets stuck when scrolling fast, but that's the phone itself.
    In other news, the Z3 looks like an iPhone made by Sony.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Probably nothing to be honest. Phones have been trying to get into that slice of pie for ages, and most of the Chinese OEMs feel like cheap android rip offs, especially Meizu. But Sony, eh, never expected them to go down this road. But hey, on the other hand, I personally think that the Z3 is looking better then the iPhone 6, the lack of those seams is better imo:
    gsmarena_002.jpg

And the glass back is definitely something I'm glad Sony has kept, its just so hard to go back to phones with only a glass front.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • Probably nothing to be honest. Phones have been trying to get into that slice of pie for ages, and most of the Chinese OEMs feel like cheap android rip offs, especially Meizu. But Sony, eh, never expected them to go down this road. But hey, on the other hand, I personally think that the Z3 is looking better then the iPhone 6, the lack of those seams is better imo:
    gsmarena_002.jpg

And the glass back is definitely something I'm glad Sony has kept, its just so hard to go for a phone with only a glass front. I hope to god the Z3C gets the price low enough, cause while this will be too expensive, the Z3C at 300 would be perfect.

i really agree with you but its hard to find a shop that give discount like that much.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My school's wifi has been sucky since the semester started, and I keep getting timed out. Campus IT hasn't bothered fixing it, and my professor really needs it for his lecture for my 2nd class. >_>

iTunes Radio is great, it's another source for me to get new music, and I really like how I can buy a song directly from there if I like it and chose to buy it.

Not to be a nitpick, but the new Xperia looks....extreeeeemely thin don't you think?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Wow that other galaxy note really will have an EDGE over the competition,eh?
    *ahem* Now that I got that joke out of my system 500 euros for the Z3C is perfect. The Z1C came out at 550 and is noqw sitting at 300, so by next march-april I will easily afford it.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Too bad these announcements will do exactly nothing with regard to my next smartphone purchase. Hehe.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Not even Lumia denim, or the 830?

Lumia Denim will always come to Nokia handsets so long as you're not stuck with a very poor carrier choice (read: T-Mobile) :P

That, and the 930 should be even faster and be capable of doing 4K video, in addition to the same feats that the 830 can after the update.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The poor saps that went with a 810 are permanently stuck at Amber. That's approaching three versions out of date. (At least the OS itself can be exempted if the users want to.)

Years
  • So I did in fact wind up resetting my phone today just to get Cyan pushed to it, and I love Nokia's process of refreshing: it places the most up-to-date software on the phone instead of the phone's original stock software. :)

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    So I did in fact wind up resetting my phone today just to get Cyan pushed to it, and I love Nokia's process of refreshing: it places the most up-to-date software on the phone instead of the phone's original stock software. :)

I think a lot of official software recovery/updating tools do exactly that.

I finally got a proper mouse pad again. (That one cheapo one I got earlier? It went really quick.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back