• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Why does the Battle Maison cheat?
    I've had to quit my streak 3 times in a row now, because they keep using Larvitar against me.

The team of the trainers in the Battle Maison are designed to be super effective against your chosen team. :/
    So if you are carrying steel types, expect them to have fighting, ground and/or fire types with them. :/

(My current EV'ed team are Skarmory, Kelfki, Beedrill and Vivillon, and the Battle Maison trainers all carry fire types. >.>)

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
    Years
  • The team of the trainers in the Battle Maison are designed to be super effective against your chosen team. :/
    So if you are carrying steel types, expect them to have fighting, ground and/or fire types with them. :/

(My current EV'ed team are Skarmory, Kelfki, Beedrill and Vivillon, and the Battle Maison trainers all carry fire types. >.>)

But why does it have to be larvitar?!
    ...it's too adorable.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    But why does it have to be larvitar?!
    ...it's too adorable.

...because the game knows you can't fight against cute Larvitars?

loljk~

Maybe one or two of your 'mons is weak against Rock, Ground, or both. And since it's still a Larvitar, then you're still not on the 'Super' Battles yet, where the Trainers' teams are either fully evolved or (rarely) on their second stage evolution.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    how do you get the Full Recovery O-Power? All Serebii says is "from your secret pal" but, shockingly, I need more information than that.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • how do you get the Full Recovery O-Power? All Serebii says is "from your secret pal" but, shockingly, I need more information than that.

Some Secret Pals have the Secret Skill, "Tell My Fortune". This Secret Skill allows you to receive an O-Power MAX at random, the Full Recover O-Power being one of them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    So, I've gotten one of the Johto starter Pokémon from Birch, & I've heard that one can also get one starter from the Sinnoh & Unova regions as well. Thing is, how do I get them??

Years
  • So, I've gotten one of the Johto starter Pokémon from Birch, & I've heard that one can also get one starter from the Sinnoh & Unova regions as well. Thing is, how do I get them??

Unova starter is obtained after beating the Delta Episode and the Elite Four again, then encounter Birch on Route 101. Defeat the Elite Four one more time and encounter Birch again for the Sinnoh starter.

#DickBats

Oliver Queen
    Years
  • Thats where I'm fishing. Under the route 119 bridge during the day. For every few feebas I pull out, I get at least 2 or 3 castes without bites and 1 that I miss pulling out. Im gonna come back with more max repels and try to dexnav chain it better.

Use a Pokemon with the suction cups ability in the first slot of your party. I believe Inkay, Cradily and Octillery has it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    Help on attacks

Physical and special.

an attack like ice fang since considered a physical move, does it count as attack or sp. attack?

Thank you for your help In Advance.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Physical moves run off of the user's Attack stat; special moves run off of the user's Special Attack stat. It's been that way since Diamond/Pearl.

Years
  • Use a Pokemon with the suction cups ability in the first slot of your party. I believe Inkay, Cradily and Octillery has it.

Well pants.... Had I known that, I would have taken the root fossil... Just gonna have to wait til I get to the battle resort to catch a Remoraid cause I don't have wifi to trade. Thanks for the tip though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Do the ribbons actually do anything? I've gotten into giving all the ribbons to my Smeargle that makes my money, so while I understand certain ribbons are to commemorate things, (like the Footprint ribbon is for pokemon raised from level 1 to whatever level, and the Effort Ribbon is for pokemon with max Evs and whatnot) there are other ribbons that don't seem to have any point (like the super expensive three ribbons in that Mauville store, or the daily ribbons you get) so I was wondering since they don't seem to commemorate anything meaningful, I was curious if they did anything. A reason I ask is because my Cosplay Pikachu mastered all 5 kinds of contests and got the special ribbon that commemorates such, so now when I go into battle I get the Shiny tone and music when the Pikachu comes into battle but instead of the stars a big ribbon appears over the pikachu and not only does it act like it has full affection in Pokemon Amie, but when I checked it actually does have full affect in Pokemon amie. I know it didn't have this before because it never got the bonuses in battle until it won all 5 contests so getting that last ribbon maxed it out obviously, which is why I'm asking if the other ribbons do anything. Thanks!

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    I am trying to get a Charzard with dragon dance my friends told me I have to breed a male Dragonite with dragon dance with a female Charzard is this correct? can I breed a male Dragonite with a female Charmander or does it have to be a Charzard?

Years
  • I am trying to get a Charzard with dragon dance my friends told me I have to breed a male Dragonite with dragon dance with a female Charzard is this correct? can I breed a male Dragonite with a female Charmander or does it have to be a Charzard?

Yes, this is correct. This also goes with Gyarados, Haxorus, Kingdra and Altaria + Charizard as long as either parent knows Dragon Dance.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I am trying to get a Charzard with dragon dance my friends told me I have to breed a male Dragonite with dragon dance with a female Charzard is this correct? can I breed a male Dragonite with a female Charmander or does it have to be a Charzard?

I'm currently breeding right now and happen to have a Charmander left over from when I bred one for the Charazardite X form so I can breed one for you right now if you like, it will have Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush and Flare Blitz if you're interested

Years
  • I'm currently breeding right now and happen to have a Charmander left over from when I bred one for the Charazardite X form so I can breed one for you right now if you like, it will have Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush and Flare Blitz if you're interested
    Appreciate the help, but for the sake of the thread keep trading discussion to VM/PMs. n__n Thanks!

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    I'm currently breeding right now and happen to have a Charmander left over from when I bred one for the Charazardite X form so I can breed one for you right now if you like, it will have Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush and Flare Blitz if you're interested

No thank you but thanks anyway.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What trainer rematches give the most money? Obviously there's other factors involved, but I am using Amulet Coin, Happy Hour and using Prize Money O-Power, so knowing that, what trainer rematches give the most money? I know Gentleman Walter just outside Lilycove gives out 60,000 but that's the only one I found.

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    When do the mirage spots reset? I still have the same one I did yesterday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back