• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Explorers' Guild ☼ Mystery Dungeon Club

Years
THIS IS A THING??!!! *Happy dance*
Lol anyway

Username: Draskk
Pokemon: Totodile
Team name: JAWSOME

On the topic of roobbing kecleon......

Always love doing that. Which reminds me when I was playing explorers of time I accidentally robbed them and being the kid that I was threw the stolen stun seed at him and was confused why he was still chasing me as I had returned the stolen item

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
THIS IS A THING??!!! *Happy dance*
Lol anyway

Username: Draskk
Pokemon: Totodile
Team name: JAWSOME

On the topic of roobbing kecleon......

Always love doing that. Which reminds me when I was playing explorers of time I accidentally robbed them and being the kid that I was threw the stolen stun seed at him and was confused why he was still chasing me as I had returned the stolen item

Welcome to the club, Draskk!
Why shouldn't this be a thing? Mystery Dungeon might be a spin-off series, but because it shows a completely different gameplay, there's plenty of stuff to talk about.
You picked Totodile as your Pokémon. Did you play as Totodile in the games too? I remember having a Feraligatr on my team myself sometimes, I used a lot in water dungeons.

Years
HAN you're really after evolving that Mudkip arent you lol

The most annoying Pokemon had to be Drufblim. How is that guy able to fight from across the room and how can Ominous Wind be so strong is beyond me but I remember how just seeing him made me want to soft reset the game.

Years
Welcome to the club, Draskk!
Why shouldn't this be a thing? Mystery Dungeon might be a spin-off series, but because it shows a completely different gameplay, there's plenty of stuff to talk about.
You picked Totodile as your Pokémon. Did you play as Totodile in the games too? I remember having a Feraligatr on my team myself sometimes, I used a lot in water dungeons.

Love mystery dungeon and feraligatr is my fav poke of all time so naturally I always try to get it but I also love playing as cubone in red because hes kinda op and awesome against zapdos and groudon (which are annoying sometimes) anyways always loved the dungeon crawl and great story of these games and I need to play GTI and explorers of sky but my fav game so far is EOT because everything about it was great; especially story

Lycanthropy

Years
HAN you're really after evolving that Mudkip arent you lol

Actually not. Because the activity on Pokémon Clubs was a little dying, I decided to counter the post-and-go principle that's often seen around here by replying to people forcing a little conversation. I do that at other clubs too (including those which don't have a system like this).

The most annoying Pokemon had to be Drufblim. How is that guy able to fight from across the room and how can Ominous Wind be so strong is beyond me but I remember how just seeing him made me want to soft reset the game.

The most annoying Pokémon in my opinion is Kingdra. It is an ultimate support. In Rescue Team you have one room floors in some dungeons where Kingdra live. They just use Agility and the whole room (equals the entire floor) and in no time you are surrounded by tons of Pokémon which keep constantly attacking you. Beating them takes so long... (Unless I brought my Charizard. One Heat Wave destroys them all. But fire Pokémon in deep seas don't sound like a clever plan.)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I personally think the most annoying Pokémon is Nidoqueen. I mean, UGH! It keeps using Earth Power spam in giant rooms where there's little to no way to counter it. <_<

True, I admit the my levels are indeed high, I'm a level 100 Swampert. I don't know about my partner, Charizard, his level was somewhat lower, but I don't know how much. Robbing Kecleon shops is a nice challenge and not even that hard when you plan your things out. First of all you must know where the stairs to the next floor are located. That is you safehouse. If the shop is next to this room, it's only a short run, but if you have to search the entire floor there's a good chance you won't survive that. Secondly you can use status moves in advance. Using agility to max out your speed even before you actually rob the shop, helps you fleeing away more quickly. But still with a level 100 Pokémon the Kecleon might provide some trouble. Their Fury Swipes can be quite strong, certainly when its stats are raised by Ancientpower. Last of all, a backup escape plan helps too. Having an Escape Orb or that one that teleports you to the stairs gets you out of troublesome situations.

I have to admit I haven't played it in a while. But the games are extremely addicting, so yes, I played it quite a lot. Still, I think the biggest Mystery Dungeon fan around here is Revise Librarian.

Hahaha, I honestly think we're all big fans of it, so let's just leave it at that. xD

But dang, your level 100s are sure more impressive than me, that's for sure. =D

finally; since we're listening to music and all, i'd like to point you towards my latest discovery (that everyone else probably already knew, lol): Glitch City's PMD Remixes! ah, particularly this one i thought was amazingggggg. but also for example the Temporal Tower Remix was great c:
Spoiler:

Yes! Omg! Have you listened to PokeRemixStudio's Primal Dialga remix? It may be long, but it defines perfection. x3

Spoiler: Primal Dialga Remix

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023

LOL i'm sorry but somehow this typo cracked me up (ノ>▽<。)ノ
ahem. but yes. i agree that ghost + ominous wind + power is horrible!

Love mystery dungeon and feraligatr is my fav poke of all time so naturally I always try to get it but I also love playing as cubone in red because hes kinda op and awesome against zapdos and groudon (which are annoying sometimes) anyways always loved the dungeon crawl and great story of these games and I need to play GTI and explorers of sky but my fav game so far is EOT because everything about it was great; especially story

welcome, Draskk! totodile is definitely cool, especially since he evolves into a badass crocodile alligator. i also recommend you play Explorers of Sky because aahwesome!

The most annoying Pokémon in my opinion is Kingdra. It is an ultimate support. In Rescue Team you have one room floors in some dungeons where Kingdra live. They just use Agility and the whole room (equals the entire floor) and in no time you are surrounded by tons of Pokémon which keep constantly attacking you. Beating them takes so long... (Unless I brought my Charizard. One Heat Wave destroys them all. But fire Pokémon in deep seas don't sound like a clever plan.)

thanks for getting the activity up c:
ugh, the everyone-agility issue is a serious one though. i didn't know about the one-room floors in Mystery Dungeon, but i've had the same issue with Monster Houses in regular dungeons more than once. especially when several Pokémon are able to use Agility, and at some point the entire room is at quadruple speed... but of course i'm still too stubborn to use an Escape Orb at those times.

I personally think the most annoying Pokémon is Nidoqueen. I mean, UGH! It keeps using Earth Power spam in giant rooms where there's little to no way to counter it. <_<

Yes! Omg! Have you listened to PokeRemixStudio's Primal Dialga remix? It may be long, but it defines perfection. x3
Spoiler: Primal Dialga Remix

... to be honest i don't think i've ever had much trouble with Nidoqueen ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ but i can totally imagine your frustration. i had the same with Seedot in the Uproar Forest, where their Nature Power attack constantly turned into Earthquake. and seeing as i had a team with Charmander (2x weak) and Aron (4x weak), that was hellish indeed.

thanks much for another great music admission c: i love these remixes so much now! i don't know, especially for studying (i had an exam this morning) i really like listening to instrumental tracks. these are perfect because they also have something to get you fired up - and of course nostalgia bits, haha.

also, just a bit of shameless advertising: i created a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Roleplay in the Roleplay Corner of this site! i've seen some of your around there, so if any of you is interested in participating, be sure to check it out here c:

Lycanthropy

Years
But dang, your level 100s are sure more impressive than me, that's for sure. =D

It was only one level 100, I believe the next highest level is around 70 or something. I'll check this later, because I'm not sure.

ugh, the everyone-agility issue is a serious one though. i didn't know about the one-room floors in Mystery Dungeon, but i've had the same issue with Monster Houses in regular dungeons more than once. especially when several Pokémon are able to use Agility, and at some point the entire room is at quadruple speed... but of course i'm still too stubborn to use an Escape Orb at those times.

Exactly that. Using escape orbs is sometimes necessary, but I always prefer not to use it when I don't have to. Some dungeons have a lot floors and scaling them takes much time. And mostly the lower floors are the least interesting ones.

also, just a bit of shameless advertising: i created a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Roleplay in the Roleplay Corner of this site! i've seen some of your around there, so if any of you is interested in participating, be sure to check it out here c:

Looks interesting. I think I'll sign up for it, two RPs at the time must be manageable. As I'll be busy this week and have to write for my other RP too, you'll probably see my sign up appear on Friday.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
dadadadum! time for a new topic.

Who is your favourite Villain in the Mystery Dungeon series?
be careful to use spoiler tags for this question, since not everyone has played all games, and it'd be a shame to miss out on the plot twists...
it doesn't just have to be your favourite though. who was the most evil, most cunning, or even most clumsy villain? discuss!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Ah, sorry for not being active! Exam season was starting to get intense, but hopefully it should settle down within the next 2-3 weeks. =D

Who is your favourite Villain in the Mystery Dungeon series?

Spoiler:

thanks much for another great music admission c: i love these remixes so much now! i don't know, especially for studying (i had an exam this morning) i really like listening to instrumental tracks. these are perfect because they also have something to get you fired up - and of course nostalgia bits, haha.

I was actually in the middle of making my own remix as well, but I had to put it on hiatus due to exams. I'll let you all know once I start working on it again, and hopefully I'll be able to post it here! =D

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
everything

whoa, cool! i'll be looking forward to hearing it c: i couldn't remix if my life depended on it, but i love listening to them, so please!

as for my favourite villain... (spoilers for Rescue Team and Explorers only)
Spoiler:

don't worry about being inactive for a while... but do remember to check in every now and then! i'll get lonely without you all! c:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Favorite villains? Sheesh I hate those guys let's see....

Spoiler: This one has Gates to Infinity
RRT- I've only played through once, and couldn't remember the whole game if I tried, plus I only got to the end and haven't glne through postgame yet.... I guess I'll have to say Gengar? Unless you'd like Caterpie or something? :P

EoD- Of course I agree 100% about Grovyle. And Dusknoir was a pain in the butt the first playthrough..... Ahh blind runs...~
But I'm giving this title to the postgame villain Darkrai. He sets you up to fail in time, which was what turned you into a Pokemon in the first place. When that plan fails, he tries to get rid of you through space, and this time even reveals himself to you, er, sorta. When even the second time fails, he straight up challenges you, and when you get to him on Dark Crater or whatever it's called, and traps you in a nightmare, from which you must break out of to protect your partner.
All in all, Darkrai in this game is the embodiment of pure evil, making it ok to flat out hate this guy. Well, I'd still like to know what happened to him after Palkia.....
Twam Skull are just buttheads lol. But they're our buttheads.......

GtI- Let's see..... the one you would think was the bad guy is my favorite character in that game, other than my patner. XD But I guess I'll say the Bittercold. It isn't a Pokemon, yet it takes forever to beat. I love the cutscenes around it, that's probably why I like it. >.<
Ok you know what I'm just saying Emolga, he's a brat at the beginning. XD

My favorite? Probably gunna say Hydreigon!

I don't have exams!~ 8D The most homeschooler has to do is bake some choc chip banana bread!~ 8D

Etherion

Pokémon Species: Scraggy
Team Name: Team Pendrake

What is your favourite Mystery Dungeon game?
Red Rescue Team! It was my ever Pokemon game! I bought it after getting my GBA :)

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ohh! I love the PMD games! Count me in!! :3

Username: Wandering~Leaf
Pokémon Species: Riolu
Team Name: Team Mythic

I've played Pokémon Blue Rescue Team and Pokémon Explorers of Sky, Sky being my favorite installation. :333 Riolu was my favorite starter Pokémon, and Munchlax was my partner. God I loved the ost and storyline, along with the nearly endless post-story content. I must have played that game for hundreds of hours, and started it over a lot, the PMD games were what introduced me to the Pokémon games, so I have a lot of sentimentality attached to them, haha.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Username: gio7sm

Ohh! I love the PMD games! Count me in!! :3

welcome, gio7sm and Wandering~Leaf! i'll add you both to the main post in a minute.
it seems most people have at least played one of the Rescue Team games c: which is good, cause i think they're still the best first encounter with the PMD games. allows you to enjoy the improvements made in Explorers to the max (。 >艸<)!
i'm not sure i understood you correctly, but it sounds like these games were also the first games that you played in the entire Pokémon franchise as well, correct? that's really amazing, i think! how did you feel about the main series games after being introduced to such different gameplay at first? and do you like the PMD or main series games more now? just curious, hehe.

Etherion

i'm not sure i understood you correctly, but it sounds like these games were also the first games that you played in the entire Pokémon franchise as well, correct? that's really amazing, i think! how did you feel about the main series games after being introduced to such different gameplay at first? and do you like the PMD or main series games more now? just curious, hehe.

Yup :) PMD Red Rescue team was my first ever Pokemon game!
At first, I didn't understand the mechanics of PMD but overtime, I enjoyed it. as for the transition from PMD to the main games, it was easy because they both have elements that were similar.

Thanks for having me :)

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
welcome, gio7sm and Wandering~Leaf! i'll add you both to the main post in a minute.
it seems most people have at least played one of the Rescue Team games c: which is good, cause i think they're still the best first encounter with the PMD games. allows you to enjoy the improvements made in Explorers to the max (。 >艸<)!

I definitely agree! I played the Rescue Team games a ton, but once I began the Explorers, I was absolutely hooked (being able to change your team name, and assemble such diverse teams won me over haha).

And yes! The PMD games were what introduced me to the Pokémon franchise (albeit, I did have some cards). After playing the Rescue Team games, I quickly bought a copy of Pokémon Diamond and started watching the show, lol. Playing the main series after getting used to the PMD style and mechanics wasn't all that disorienting, actually. I caught on quickly, and the PMD games probably made me more prepared for the moves, strengths of different Pokémon, etc. I think that both series have their different charms and appeals, so I can't really compare them! I'd definitely say that I love them both though, albeit for different reasons.

Years
Oh, I absolutely have to join this one. *_*

Username: Tora
Pokémon Species: Chikorita
Team Name: Team Midnight

What is your favourite Dungeon in the games?

That's a tough one. I guess I'd go with the Marine Resort, because it's a beach and it has cool Pokémon. From the main plot it's probably Crystal Crossing, that one looked pretty cool and the music was nice.

Do you always choose the same Pokémon as Main and Partner? Which Pokémon are they, and why? Does it differ between games?
No, I rarely use the same Pokémon in any of the games. The first one I "chose" was Turtwig with Totodile, then came Chikorita and Charmander, Treecko and Piplup and at last Eevee and Shinx. Yeah, many grass types, but I love this type and these were all just the results of the questions. Except for Treecko, that one was deliberate, because I thought it'd fit the story, considering the whole business with Grovyle. But it is funny, since the game gave me two of my favorite Pokémon (Chikorita and Eevee) this way. The one I liked most was the combination of Eevee "the Beast" and Shinx, though.

What is your favourite Mystery Dungeon game?
I've played Explorers of Time, Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Sky in that order. My favorite was Sky, hands down. The story was already gripping in Time, but the bonus episodes were just the cherry on top. I absolutely love it and it's also my favorite Pokémon game in general.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
Years
Oh!! A Pokémon Mysery Dungeon Club!!
I would surely join!

Username: Dots
Pokémon Species: Shaymin
Team Name: Team Verdant

What is your favourite Dungeon in the games?

Well, in the special episodes it will probably Spring Cave. In the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Red/Blue Rescue Team, it's Mt. Freeze. Spring Cave because that's the Dungeon Sunflora explored to apprehend those three, villainous Haunters. Mt. Freeze because I love its music because it's so cool and that's where I got to meet Articuno, and Articuno is special to me!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Welcome to the club Dots! Since we really havent had a topic in a while to discuss i have a question for everyone since atm im playing explorers of time and id like to know what other peoples opinions are;
In the Mystery Dungeon games a new aspect was created of linking moves that you may have learned about farther in the the storyline. Did you ever link moves? If so did you like it and do it regularly with your partner pokemon and such? If not why?

I personally did it once and never did it again idk why just i guess the aspect confused me at first and once i played a game without it i never felt a need to do it again. Thoughts on this?

Back