• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Explorers' Guild ☼ Mystery Dungeon Club

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • If you were directly in a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game, will you talk to someone? If you do, who will you talk to and what will you say?
    Probably wigglytuff for some cool stories about his adventures and Dialga about how the future has changed after the storyline (if he knows)

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • If you were directly in a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game, will you talk to someone? If you do, who will you talk to and what will you say?

I'll talk to Gengar in mystery dungeon red and maybe ask him to be my partner.. he's worth saving imo

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • If we were Pokémon... and we met in real life... and if this club is really a guild... I would definitely register as your apprentice,
    Guildmaster なぎ!

And if items were real too... I'd collect a bunch of gummis and I'll not share it with you, my clubmates fellow Guildmates!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I never really thought of linking Leech Seed and Toxic, since both seemed kind of useless in these games. Did you use them just for boss battles or also for random enemies?
    like Tora, i'm quite surprised at the combo of Toxic and Leech Seed. but i suppose it's a way to passively defeat enemies? i'd also really like to hear what kind of enemies you'd use it for (。 >艸<)
    haha, i never used Link Boxes much either c: but i'm glad to hear that some people made good use of the linking system and accompanying features!

Yep, the combination of Leech Seed and Toxic was mostly for bosses, though I can't remember which PMD game I used the combo in, haha. And while I agree that Toxic doesn't have much use outside of boss battles, I definitely would not regard Leech Seed as useless, especially when you're playing as a Bulbasaur (since it learns it at a really early level). While it definitely gets outclassed as the game progresses, I found that move to be a godsend early on in the game, even against random enemies. Early in the game, healing 10 HP actually made a big difference, and it can also save you a few spaces in your bag from carrying extra Oran Berries. But yeah, once you get further in the game, Leech Seed does eventually become obsolete, so I wouldn't recommend running it by that point.

If you were directly in a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game, will you talk to someone? If you do, who will you talk to and what will you say?

Hmm, I'd probably talk to Dialga and thank him for giving me a second chance. (And I'm also interested in hearing how he sounds when he speaks in all-caps. xD)

Years

That's the problem with PMD games. I wanna talk to all of them! They are all so complex and so well developed, even those you see only once, literally!

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Cool! Mystery dungeon club!

I have only dabbled with the Mystery Dungeon series a little bit in the time that it has released. Never really strayed away from the main series of games but I do find from what I did play them very interesting and hopefully one day will get all of the games and play them through. At any rate I love the fact of how they incorperated the feelings and emotions while showing us the other side of the fence with pokemon and really has me interested and wanting to join this group.

Username: Noblebeastx(Name Change Happening Soon)
    Pokémon Species: Turtwig(Torterra is my favorite Pokemon of all time so...xD)
    Team Name: Team Pokepals

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    If we were Pokémon... and we met in real life... and if this club is really a guild... I would definitely register as your apprentice,
    Guildmaster なぎ!

And if items were real too... I'd collect a bunch of gummis and I'll not share it with you, my clubmates fellow Guildmates!

haha, thanks! that's exactly the sort of feeling i was going for upon creating this club c:
    i'd love to have you as a member in my imaginary guild, too!

Cool! Mystery dungeon club!

I have only dabbled with the Mystery Dungeon series a little bit in the time that it has released. Never really strayed away from the main series of games but I do find from what I did play them very interesting and hopefully one day will get all of the games and play them through. At any rate I love the fact of how they incorperated the feelings and emotions while showing us the other side of the fence with pokemon and really has me interested and wanting to join this group.

Username: Noblebeastx(Name Change Happening Soon)
    Pokémon Species: Turtwig(Torterra is my favorite Pokemon of all time so...xD)
    Team Name: Team Pokepals

welcome, Noblebeast! i'm surprised you're moving away from such a beautiful name as Symbiosis, haha.
    as you can probably tell from most of our posts (i hope you weren't spoiled by them), the Mystery Dungeon games form a really unique spin-off series, with fun gameplay and a very deep and engaging story. i hope you can try them out for yourself at some point! maybe through ROMs? heh.

it's also about time to start a new topic!
    Have you seen any of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon anime specials? What did you think of them?

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Have you seen any of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon anime specials? What did you think of them?

Yes i did! But I don't remember the title for the life of me! I still remember how Kagaskhan gave them scarves and I quickly thought to myself "So thats how they use it haha.."

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Have you seen any of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon anime specials? What did you think of them?
    Yes, I did. My major opinion was it was short. I liked it, but it was suddenly over, I think they should made some sequels, it could really develop a good story.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Yay! ♪ A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon club that I didn't even know existed! :o I don't believe it! ♪ By golly, this is some kind of awesome! Yes sirree! :B
    I'd be delighted to join~ ♪ I like how you chose Espurr as your Pokemon, Nagi, because he makes an interesting guildmaster, and it's such a coincidence since I was actually contemplating him having that role in my fanfic for a while now. xD

Username: Lanayru (I will have a name change shortly so just add that!)
    Pokémon Species: Wah! I can't decide for the life of me! Would it be okay if I waited on this for a while? ♪
    Team Name: AVALANCHE (all caps)! Because FFVII. c:

Oooh, I don't know which topic to answer first! ♪ I'll go with the most suitable for my entry post.

What is your favourite Mystery Dungeon game?

At the moment it's Blue Rescue Team, because that's the only PMD I've actually completed! Yup-yup! ♪ I love the Mystery Dungeon atmosphere you've created here and in your RP, Nagi -- its such a nostalgic, happy feeling that makes me want to pick up my DSi right now and play another dozen or so hours (too bad it's recharging, hehe). Back on topic though, as I said, BRT is my favourite because it was my first Pokemon spin-off and I fell in love with it ever since I had to do that personality test! ♪ I'm a sucker for quizzes. c: The pixel art and gameplay really drew me in from the start, and I only grew more attached as I was introduced to the world and characters, as well as the emotional story~ ♪
    Spoiler:

However, as I am currently playing - and enjoying ecstatically - Explorers of Sky, it could well become my favourite when I complete it! Even though I've been playing awhile now, having recently gotten back into it (thank Revise for his adorable avatar of Bulbasaur and Charmander), I'm only up to the part where you discover Grovyle is the you-know-what. :'D The thing I really adore about PMD2 is the guild, and it's master of course! ♪ I have a theme in honour of him after all! Yoom-tah! ♪ The other characters really appealed to me as well, particually Bidoof, Sunflora and Chatot! Eep! They're some kind of adorable, by golly! ♪

I'm on a sugar high so sorry if this all a bit hyper-ish. :D And Nagi, I don't want it to seem like I'm dillydallying with the SU by doing other things around PC! D: I'm multitasking. c:

And Revise, I stole your PMD avatar, I'll admit! I have it as the avatar for my computer account. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2015
    YAY! Mystery Dungeon!
    These are my favorite spin-off games ever ;) I would love to join.

Username: MatrixDragon
    Pokemon speicies : Castform!
    Team Name: Stormy Forecast (cause, you know...weather?)

I loved PMD since the day I got it, it was a refreshing (and awesome) change form the normal series. My dad actually got PMD1 for me b/c he thought it was main series game (Firered and Red rescue team are kind of similar...I guess?). I'm glad I got it though ;) The games had such good characters. The partner in red rescue is so...loyal. I always did wonder, where is this Pokemon village? On some other island undiscovered by man in the Pokemon universe?

SO the current topic is:
    Have you seen any of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon anime specials? What did you think of them?
    I've seen them, and they had really good parts. And like H.A.N, I also thought they were too short :( There was so much material in the games that they could base episodes on. Although, would that spoil the game? I'm not sure.
    I love Piplup's voice in Explorer's of Time and Darkness; I thought it fit perfectly.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • Hey! I just remembered something.
    On my LeafGreen, I have Articuno that knows Mind Reader and Sheer Cold.
    I use MindReader+SheerCold to take down even a powerful enemy in just two turns!
    Now, in my Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, I have had recruited Articuno and I linked Mind Reader and Sheer Cold!
    That way, in one turn, any Pokémon, even strong ones, will surely fall! (That was my 'Drop the Poké, and no one will be frozen!' technique...)

haha, thanks! that's exactly the sort of feeling i was going for upon creating this club c:
    i'd love to have you as a member in my imaginary guild, too!

hahahah, I call you Guildmaster because i treat anyone higher thatn me seriously, and of course, you ARE the Guildmaster of this Guild, Master.

And Welcome to all new members Guildmembers!

Etherion

Hey guildmates! I have proposed an idea to Nagi for an event, its going to be a Little Cup random battle tourney!

Is anyone interested? Thoughts? Comments?

Lycanthropy

Years
  • I'm on a sugar high so sorry if this all a bit hyper-ish. :D And Nagi, I don't want it to seem like I'm dillydallying with the SU by doing other things around PC! D: I'm multitasking. c:

The number of ♪ in your post is frightening. Still, welcome to the club. You'll probably be quicker with your SU than me...

I've seen them, and they had really good parts. And like H.A.N, I also thought they were too short :( There was so much material in the games that they could base episodes on. Although, would that spoil the game? I'm not sure.

First of all, welcome!
    I think they could easily use more story than they did without spoiling the story. The regular anime doesn't follow the main series really, only the main points in the story line, so why should the Mystery Dungeon anime?

Now, in my Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, I have had recruited Articuno and I linked Mind Reader and Sheer Cold!
    That way, in one turn, any Pokémon, even strong ones, will surely fall! (That was my 'Drop the Poké, and no one will be frozen!' technique...)

That's a really great technique. I always hated those OHKO moves myself, being hit means an instant faint without giving the possibility to regain health first.

Hey guildmates! I have proposed an idea to Nagi for an event, its going to be a Little Cup random battle tourney!

Is anyone interested? Thoughts? Comments?

Yeah, sure. The challenge would be finding a moment in which everybody would be online. Well, unless you want a slow tournament in which everyone takes a week to plan a match with his opponent.

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • Username: Banjopop7_7
    Pokémon Species: Oshawott
    Team Name: Dream

What is your favorite PMD game?
    Gates to infinity. I like every of them, but I like Gates the most because of: The pokemon, I really like Gen 5 Pokemon, and you could choose who you wanted to be, instead of a stange test.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
  • Hey, fun! I never knew there was a Mystery Dungeons guild around these parts.
    I'll be joining the fun.
    i guess...

Username:
    Likarus, call me Lika if you want.

Pokémon Species:
    "Squirt, Squirt, Squirtle!"

Team Name:
    Team Spout

I've seen the first special, the one with the Squirtle~ in it. And there was this trailer one for the Gen 5 Mystery Dungeon.
    I find it both interesting and fun, the Pokémon had the ability to speak human and how the main character of them are always human. The interesting part about it is how the Pokémon living in that world has a different type of system than the Pokémon anime.
    I also fancy how the main character is mostly a water-type, maybe the Pokémon God found out that the chosen human can't swim? ^-^'

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Alright, I'll lessen the amount of music notes. ;) Blame my love for the guildmaster. c: Also, I've decided on my Pokemon! You may add Minccino to the list. n__n

And I've actually never even heard of those PMD anime specials. :o Do you have any links to share? I'd love to watch a few! ♪

I just want to catch up on a few topics that I've missed out on, if that's okay! Not to build my posts up, I just want to share my thoughts. :D

Do you always choose the same Pokémon as Main and Partner? Which Pokémon are they, and why? Does it differ between games?
    Each time I've played, I've chosen different Pokemon. It's made it more interesting that way! c: The first time it was... hmm, I think Eevee and Mudkip! That was the first file I completed (just story-wise) before starting fresh, but I didn't get far with the others teams because they didn't stand out to me, or something like that. I've restarted many files due to this, so I don't remember all the teams. :P

My best one was with Delcatty and Blastoise! c: Ah, I defeated every boss with ease with my Attract! Just reuse it after every five turns and there's no worry! Blastoise was bulky and powerful, too; he always proved faithful as an ally! Also, I was guilty of spamming the hell out of Assist. xD I don't know why I deleted that file, since it was at least 99% complete and I was around level 70 - 80 iirc.

On my first explorers team I chose Cyndaquil and Chikorita, buuut I wasn't so successful with these two and dropped the game for the longest time. Now I'm back with Shinx and Vulpix, and it's awesome! My partner has an amazing IQ group and all we really need is a Water-type for coverage against those bloody Rock and Ground-types. I'll have Discharge for Monster Houses (right now, Foe-Seal Orbs are OP for them lol) and Vulpix has a good movepool, or so I've heard. Everybody seems to say Charizard is a great starter... I haven't used him. I just choose Pokemon I like. xD

And glad to have you with us, Lika!

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Hi Banjopop and Likarus! Welcome to the club!

how did the Pokémon inhabiting the land know about humans if you can't find any humans anywhere in the game.

Nice question you put up there. My answer would be the Pokémon live in a place far away from human civilization and most Pokémon only heard about them through stories by travelling Pokémon.
    It would probably have been better the Mystery Dungeon world would be a separate world in which no humans live at all.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years

Hmm... the only anime I seen about Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Go-Getters Out of The Gate!... It was funny though! And I love it!

Last edited:
    Back