• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Anime Speculation Thread

Years
I'm hoping Selene doesn't join Ash just for the sake of her name sounding too much like Serena's... I know that's a shallow reason, but seriously. Unless that's not actually her name, but anyway.

As for Ash getting the regional bird, I'm partial to this. Ash always gets the bird anyway. Just as long as he doesn't get three flying types like Kalos, and the like.

Ash getting Pikipek will definitely continue a series-long tradition. After his Flying-dominated team in Kalos I hope the writers don't make his Alola team unbalanced like that again.

Also, out of the female characters we had shown so far it has been revealed that Lillie is not a Pokemon Trainer at all, so it's definitely more likely that "Selene" (placeholder name) will be confirmed as Ash's female companion for Alola.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
...Wow lame, Lillie isn't a trainer.

This knocks out her travelling with Ash, then...

If Ash resets in Alola like I think he is, I wouldn't be surprised if another Gym Leader joined as his female companion (which I'm against at all costs, but, you never know.)

Years

If Ash resets in Alola like I think he is, I wouldn't be surprised if another Gym Leader joined as his female companion (which I'm against at all costs, but, you never know.)

I can't really see a Gym Leader serving as the female companion because I didn't like the way the BW group was handled, with Cilan and Iris being heavily pushed to the side more significantly compared to when Ash had a regional group that included the game's female protagonist.

Definitely not seeing a BW-style reboot happening with this.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah with the new writers who started with Bw and into Kalos, I don't think we will get another reboot unless they change writers again, which I really don't think they will. And it would be way too soon. It took them 5 Generations to reboot him the first time. And I think that was mainly because of new writers.

They said XYZ, like I have said many times before, will be a massive game changer with how the pokemon anime is handled.

Years
Yeah with the new writers who started with Bw and into Kalos, I don't think we will get another reboot unless they change writers again, which I really don't think they will. And it would be way too soon. It took them 5 Generations to reboot him the first time. And I think that was mainly because of new writers.

They said XYZ, like I have said many times before, will be a massive game changer with how the pokemon anime is handled.

My starter distribution theory is now one I'm going to mention, because while BW was an OS clone where Ash got all three starters, and XY seems to echo AG with each main group member getting one starter each. If that pattern is proven, SM could pull a DP and give Ash two starters.

If Ash gets two of the Alola starters I'm probably seeing him with Litten and Popplio at this stage, and it's because I was analyzing the starters' stats in-game, and in Sinnoh we had Chimchar who was the speedy one of that trio while Turtwig was the slow bulky one. I'm currently theorizing Litten to be Alola's speedy starter and Popplio to be the slow one with the bulky stats, and that leaves the likely middle-of-the-road Rowlet to go to the female companion, similar to Dawn with Piplup who was the middle of the Sinnoh trio.

Ash has also owned every starter that was the fastest of its respective trio - Charmander, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Chimchar, Snivy and Froakie. The speedy starters also always had a mainly sleek design, and that's likely why I'm backing him to catch Litten.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have to agree. I am also thinking this may be a DP clone. I just hope it isn't full of fillers like DP.

And yeah other than Torterra, who was still insanely fast, and until Goodra Ash always gets the faster pokemon. Litten would also be a new thing for him, as he never gets a cat pokemon. This is why I am also hoping that maybe he catches 7 or 8 pokemon. He caught 7 in Sinnoh if you count Aipom/Ambipolm who was thrown to the side after Ash traded it to Dawn for the most part.

I really hope he catches a unique grass type after not getting one in Kalos as of yet. Which at this point, I don't think he will.

Catching 2 pokemon per island, might be a great spread, if he catches or even goes to the abandoned island. I think that would also give each pokemon a good amount of dev time.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
Ash will probably get pikipek, which I am excited about. It has a great look and Ash seemed to do well will flying air battles.

Starters.. I would love to see him get Litten, but I think they will keep that sassy attitude cat for his rival to be sassy towards Ash's Pikachu. His female companion will probably get Rowlet, and Ash will probably get Poplio.

The bad guy team will probably have yungoos in their pack.
I don't see anyone other than a minor character having Grubbin unless it evolves cool.
I could see another companion having iwanko.
The koala is probably going to be a festival pokemon with its bongo and not a key player for main characters.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020

In all fairness, technically, Dawn if you chose the male character wasn't exactly a trainer either, just a lab assistant. That being said, it's very unlikely Lillie's going to be a trainer, let alone join with Ash.

We can't say even with that that the female protagonist will join Ash, though. Remember, they skipped out on Hilda in Best Wishes, so we can't exactly say it's guaranteed that the female protagonist of Gen VII is going to join. Plus, considering when exactly the game is going to be debuting, and more likely than not, the anime if they make it, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to reuse a past female protagonist this time around so they could make a big deal of the 20th anniversary, heck, maybe even actually GIVE her a chance at actually pursuing her goal after 15 whole years of her absence (Yes, I'm referring to Misty. You have to admit, it IS unusual and even somewhat suspicious that Misty's even getting a GEM series figurine right now, and in her OS self to boot, especially when it isn't even the 20th anniversary of the anime right now. Not to mention OS series Ash's GEM figure debuted around the same time, and Brock doesn't seem to even have a GEM figure.). And hey, you have to admit, that certainly would be something not many people would expect and actually be a breath of fresh air over replacing the girl with the current gen girl (or in the case of Iris, a current gen gym leader) like they did... oh, five times before.

For Team Rocket, I'd say, make them a credible threat at least. Even if they stay goofy, at least make them competent as well so they don't come across as pushovers. Think General Blue from Dragon Ball, where the guy was extremely comical yet at the same time was a genuinely dangerous threat to Goku and his friends, with luck generally being the ONLY reason Goku and his friends even managed to survive both their encounters with him, let alone beat him.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So, guys, I've got a question for you.

Would you like Team Rocket to become serious again, or stay goofy in Sun/Moon?

I like them to stay goofy in Sun/Moon, as it's already been proven in Best Wishes that being serious wasn't their strongest suit.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I like them to stay goofy in Sun/Moon, as it's already been proven in Best Wishes that being serious wasn't their strongest suit.

Fair enough, but what about at the very LEAST making them competent villains even if still goofy? There are plenty of villains who, while definitely humorous, were also genuine threats and definitely very competent. Like General Blue and the Red Ribbon Army, or Frieza, or the Ginyu Force. Or how about Jafar, Yzma, Ratigan and, dare I even mention him, even Gaston? Heck, even Bowser, who's a massive goofball even after being salvaged, was definitely a competent threat. Might as well mention Kefka Palazzo (well, the localization of him, anyways) and the Joker. After all, what's the point in being an antagonist if they aren't an active, genuine threat to the protagonists and others?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Fair enough, but what about at the very LEAST making them competent villains even if still goofy? There are plenty of villains who, while definitely humorous, were also genuine threats and definitely very competent. Like General Blue and the Red Ribbon Army, or Frieza, or the Ginyu Force. Or how about Jafar, Yzma, Ratigan and, dare I even mention him, even Gaston? Heck, even Bowser, who's a massive goofball even after being salvaged, was definitely a competent threat. Might as well mention Kefka Palazzo (well, the localization of him, anyways) and the Joker. After all, what's the point in being an antagonist if they aren't an active, genuine threat to the protagonists and others?

What about Doronjo and her two henchmen from the Yatterman series? These villains are very popular and are clearly what Team Rocket is inspired by.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
What about Doronjo and her two henchmen from the Yatterman series? These villains are very popular and are clearly what Team Rocket is inspired by.

Can't comment on those three, as other than an ending involving Mega Man Trigger in one of Capcom's crossover games, I haven't even seen Yatterman. Anyways, the point of being an antagonist is that they are a threat to the heroes, so how can they be threatening if they literally get dispatched easily?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
This are the Pokémon that for now will be in Ash's Team for now in my opinion.

Litten
Popplio
Pikipek

I really believe that those three will be in Ash's team.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Can't comment on those three, as other than an ending involving Mega Man Trigger in one of Capcom's crossover games, I haven't even seen Yatterman. Anyways, the point of being an antagonist is that they are a threat to the heroes, so how can they be threatening if they literally get dispatched easily?

Basically, those villains act exactly like Team Rocket. They try to act threatening, but they're actually total goofballs and always screw up. That didn't stop them from becoming more popular than Yatterman himself and tend to root for their victory.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I honestly prefer serious Team Rocket, but I don't think they should completely lose their humor. It has been shown in many things, that they can be the villains, but still be funny. I think XY did a good job at that, but I wouldn't mind for them to be a little more serious.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
I liked their serious nature in BW. I thought they were much better as the goofy villains they usually are.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
New rival idea for Pokemon Sun and Moon anime --

--1) A Handsome Boy who's popular with girls and usually get surrounded by them.

--2) An Attention seeking Rich boy who's super jealous of Ash.

--3) A delinquent who holds a grudge on Ash.

--4) A nerd who thinks himself to be intellectually superior then Ash.

--5) A Beautiful Tsundere girl who's too proud and arrogant.

--6) A Beautiful Thief girl who's just as cunning , devious , manipulative and Hot as Blue from Pokemon Adventure.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Anime Headcannons for Sun & Moon

What are your headcannons for the Sun & Moon Anime? My head-cannons (Anime-Verse only)

As for Lillie & Hau…

-They're Both Ash's new traveling companions.

-Lillie is the chef.

-The anime likes to dress Lillie in cute clothes (like Dawn & Bonnie) (And I'm totally okay with this)

-Basing off the Gameplay we got, Ash chooses Rowlet, Hau chooses Litten, and Lillie goes with Popplio.

-Lillie likes to read and is into science like Clemont, henceforth being a Pokémon Research Assistant.

-Ash mentions to Lillie he knows Professor Oak and Gary and she turns into an Insta fangirl (she has a crush on Gary, possibly)

-Lillie likes to collect fossil Pokémon and will end up with one of the new ancient Pokémon of the region.

-Hau reminds Ash of Shota/Sawyer at first (appearance-wise and attitude).

-Hau thinks a lot of things that Ash does are impressive and cool, but has a bit of an ego complex compare to Sawyer saying he could do better.

-Hau miserably fails at catching his first Pokemon but determined not to give up and catches it in the first episode, it ends up being Pikipek

-Unlike his game counterpart Hau doesn't understand what it's like to lose at a battle so he gets upset easily. Ash is there to help him pick up the pieces and develop as a character. (Henceforth his comeback with Pikipek)

-For his first wild catch in the region (aside from the starter), Ash catches a flying type. But since Rowlet is grass/flying, I think he'll go with the puppy. What are your thoughts on this?

-Lillie will be more of a support/friend character than romantic interest. She doesn't seem to be of any romantic interest for any character at all, so Amourshipping fans don't have to worry on this one. (I don't think the anime wants to repeat themselves with the whole romance arc anyway.)

-Lillie may get Mega Evolution. (This is a stretch, but being a Pokémon Assistant has many opportunities for her to get a Mega Ring.)

-Hau is a relative of Shota/Sawyer (this is a stretch I think, but it could be a cousin of some sort which is why he looks so familiar).

-Hala is Hau's grandfather

-Whether or not Serena travels with Ash she'll make a comeback like Dawn did in Best Wishes. The writers won't abandon her completely, she's too good for that~

Years
I liked their serious nature in BW. I thought they were much better as the goofy villains they usually are.

I heard the reason they reverted back to their comedic personality was because their serious nature wasn't received well by the Japanese audience.

Back