• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Anime Speculation Thread

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    The rock puppy might be caught by one of Ash's companions but not likely Ash. All the previous seasons/gens/regions Ash hasn't gotten the puppy Pokemon of any of those regions if I remember correctly. Although they might change it and give it to him for once.
    That's why I said someone. I never expect Ash to get a cat or dog Pokemon. So yeah agreed in that if someone does get it it'll be a companion.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • I'm thinking Iwanko may be caught by whomever the male traveling companion that goes along with Ash, is. I mean, it would make sense for a girl to have a cute puppy Pokemon in a way, but also it's a rock type, and might evolve into somethin' pretty tough, and I can kinda see that coming from a gym leader or a male trainer. At least, if Alola keeps up the theme of having the female get into Contests and Showcases, and using Pokemon that could be kinda sparkly and colorful. Who knows, maybe Alola's girl will break the mold again and have someone similar to Iris or Misty.

Spoiler:

This isn't official yet but this is definitely what Ash would look like in the supposed Sun & Moon saga of the anime, and Professor Oak's Rotom accompanies him where it becomes his new Pokedex.
    I'm kinda hoping it looks a little different than that, but still, whoever did that might be pretty spot on.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Spoiler:

This isn't official yet but this is definitely what Ash would look like in the supposed Sun & Moon saga of the anime, and Professor Oak's Rotom accompanies him where it becomes his new Pokedex.

May I have a source as to where you found this picture?

I want Ash to have a Rotom Pokedex, tbh. If he doesn't, I'll be pretty upset since... you know, seems to be an important thing in S/M so far. Also, that design for Ash (if real) would be really cute on him, so I'm hoping that's his Sun/Moon outfit, lol.

I hope the female travel companion gets the Koala!

Years
  • May I have a source as to where you found this picture?

I want Ash to have a Rotom Pokedex, tbh. If he doesn't, I'll be pretty upset since... you know, seems to be an important thing in S/M so far. Also, that design for Ash (if real) would be really cute on him, so I'm hoping that's his Sun/Moon outfit, lol.

I hope the female travel companion gets the Koala!

I think it was a random find on Tumblr, that pic. It is odd considering we didn't get anime news in this CoroCoro issue.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    what i think will happen in the end of the XYZ anime is that Ash loses in the finales, comes in second place, then he goes to the Alola Region because Oak wants him to take his Rotom with him because Kukui wants to test some things out, and when he gets there he and Rotom stay together

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    There is also apparently a petition going around to keep Serena which already has nearly 6000 signatures, but I am not sure how it will do any good.

Serena's Goal is to be Kalos Queen , Not Alola Queen!
    So , She should stuck to Kalos to fulfill her dream since she cut off her freaking hair and came a cameo appearance in the Next Series with longer hair tied on Pigtails.

Those guy should do a petition to let Ash win Kalos league instate of wasting it on the Boring ass Girl just because she has a crush on Ash.
    I waited 19 year So I want someone far better then Serena for Ash!
    Someone who's far prettier and better then May! A girl who's both feminine and Tomboyish.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • what i think will happen in the end of the XYZ anime is that Ash loses in the finales, comes in second place, then he goes to the Alola Region because Oak wants him to take his Rotom with him because Kukui wants to test some things out, and when he gets there he and Rotom stay together

I actually think this as well. Ash coming in second is something I can see happening.

What I honestly speculate (and hope) for the Sun/Moon anime is that we have someone other than a guy Gym Leader join Ash. My ideal is that Ash is with two new trainers, but I doubt it'll happen... since we know that the male trainer is fused w/Ash's identity. What I wouldn't mind is Lillie joining Ash, which is also unlikely, but you never know. I just want Ash with two new trainers who he can maybe take under his wing or something.

...Why do I feel like Ash might have another "reset" in Alola, though? I hope not. =/

Years
  • I actually think this as well. Ash coming in second is something I can see happening.

What I honestly speculate (and hope) for the Sun/Moon anime is that we have someone other than a guy Gym Leader join Ash. My ideal is that Ash is with two new trainers, but I doubt it'll happen... since we know that the male trainer is fused w/Ash's identity. What I wouldn't mind is Lillie joining Ash, which is also unlikely, but you never know. I just want Ash with two new trainers who he can maybe take under his wing or something.

...Why do I feel like Ash might have another "reset" in Alola, though? I hope not. =/

If the writers want to further change up the group dynamic they could have just Ash and the female character, with no third wheel male character. As for a reset, I'm okay with the reset of his team but I hope we don't pull another Unova and revert him back to a noob again.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I think it would be nice for ash to travel with Lillie actually. And the main rival of the gen (people like Sawyer in x and y) Could be hau? I think Ash's starter will actually be Litten, but that's just speculation

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'd like Ash to travel alone for a bit tbh. The travelling companions just add to the expected, I think it would be nice to see Ash fend for himself for a while exploring a new region without tag alongs.

To me, Lillie looks a bit too individual to be Ash's +1. I'd rather see a strong female rival that doesn't travel with Ash, but has a parallel journey and occasionally bumps in to him (like a friendlier Paul, I suppose).

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Him being by himself does show him growing, but would not allow much dialogue... Unless he could talk with his Pokemon... Huh.. But wait. Rotomdex does allow that hmmm.

Anyways.. Only having one character doesn't allow the vast events or paths one could have in the Pokemon world, so he will have sidekicks.. And it will probably be the one boy and or the female protagonist..

I hope he wins the league, but speculation says Team Flare interiors final battle.. So who knows

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Gonna quote both of you because I find this interesting.

I'd like Ash to travel alone for a bit tbh. The travelling companions just add to the expected, I think it would be nice to see Ash fend for himself for a while exploring a new region without tag alongs.

To me, Lillie looks a bit too individual to be Ash's +1. I'd rather see a strong female rival that doesn't travel with Ash, but has a parallel journey and occasionally bumps in to him (like a friendlier Paul, I suppose).

Ash travelling alone would be very interesting...except... that'd kind of be lonely. But, I wouldn't mind him travelling alone for a little while... that hasn't happened ever. I remember in Hoenn, he travelled with May the same episode they met, and in Sinnoh, he travelled with Brock again in the first episode, too. In Unova, after about an episode or so, Iris followed him around, and of course, with Kalos, Alexis was with him a little until Clemont and Bonnie joined him not soon after.

Hmm... maybe travelling alone for a few episodes wouldn't be a bad idea. We've never seen Ash by himself for long.

As for Lillie not seeming like the "travel" type. Keep in mind the anime never characterizes the characters from the games the same way which is why I wouldn't put it completely out of the question. Pokemon R/S/E May is nothing like the AG May in the anime, as an example.

Him being by himself does show him growing, but would not allow much dialogue... Unless he could talk with his Pokemon... Huh.. But wait. Rotomdex does allow that hmmm.

Rotomdex actually allowing Ash to communicate with his own Pokemon is something that is a must-have in Sun/Moon, tbh.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Anyone want to see a Battle Royal Between Ash, Giovanni, Lysandre and someone else? I know I really want to.

I really really really hope they use Battle Royals in the anime. Especially if both Team Rocket and Team Flare are the main villains in the games.

Years
  • So we had our early route bird, bug and small mammal revealed - Pikipek, Grubbin and Yungoos.

Given Ash catches the early route bird I am definitely seeing him get Pikipek, which I guess would be disappointing for those who wanted him with a Rowlet since I don't want another Flying-type dominated team like he had in Kalos with that unbalanced team.

I'm still with Ash getting Litten, but since it's getting more likely Rowlet may go to the new female companion (which I presume is the SM female protagonist as Lillie is confirmed to not be a trainer) that if Ash were to get two Alola starters (a la Sinnoh where he got two starters) he'll probably get Popplio as well.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Pikipek may also be his grass type. Fletchling started out as a normal type and got fire. And Pikipek learning what seems to be Bullet Seed according to the official site description, it could become Flying/Grass.

With there being 4 islands, maybe he will catch 8 pokemon. 2 on each island? Would be a nice number for rotation.

I don't think he will catch Grubbin because it seems to become a Electric type when it evolves suggested by the description. But he could catch another bug. But he doesn't always catch a bug.

However Odd Gens usually have a ton of bug types.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm hoping Selene doesn't join Ash just for the sake of her name sounding too much like Serena's... I know that's a shallow reason, but seriously. Unless that's not actually her name, but anyway.

As for Ash getting the regional bird, I'm partial to this. Ash always gets the bird anyway. Just as long as he doesn't get three flying types like Kalos, and the like.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I'm hoping Selene doesn't join Ash just for the sake of her name sounding too much like Serena's... I know that's a shallow reason, but seriously. Unless that's not actually her name, but anyway.

As for Ash getting the regional bird, I'm partial to this. Ash always gets the bird anyway. Just as long as he doesn't get three flying types like Kalos, and the like.

I don't think they with repeat that. Not in Alola at least.

As for the name, I think it is a place holder. They are still working on the generation, so I don't think it is final. But yeah it kinda annoys me as well. Both heroes were names Xavier and Yonne or something like that in XY, but then it changed to Calem and Serena by the time the games came out.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well there is has been speculation that Rowlet will become a Ground type. But I am somewhat against it. It would be very odd to have 2 grass/flying types so close together like that.

Back