• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • They probably will. Right now I plan on majoring in Biochemistry and Biological Sciences (depending on which university I go to).

!!!

I study medical biochemistry and BiS studies regular biochemistry (idk if you knew that already). Let's be nerd buddies. 8)

Years
  • It really should be obvious as to what I want to study xD or else I wouldn't be modding the section that I do lmao

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Everyone tells me I should major in Computer Science with how skilled I am with computers at my age, but to me it seems that market is incredibly flooded. Foreign Language/Linguistics seems like a great doorway to living fat and travelling the world for free. I might minor in CS, though, just 'cause. :3

Speaking of internship, my high school's technology officer told me that I could become an intern by helping manage our school's network and computer system. Cool, amirite? :D

@Zach
    There's countless majors that could be associated with your section.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I probably could have helped out with my high school's IT person as well because when I was a freshman and a sophomore, he had several helpers but I guess in my junior year he kinda killed the need to have helpers because from what i heard, his previous helper from the year before kinda got abusive with login access to administrative things. :/

Years
  • I feel that the courses get progressively more difficult as you specialize. There's just so much more detail to remember.

Years
  • It really should be obvious as to what I want to study xD or else I wouldn't be modding the section that I do lmao

what, computer science? computer engineering? electrical engineering? mechanical engineering? There are a lot of degrees related to technology, you know. :P

Years
  • computer science of course :P though I could have sworn I said on here somewhere that I wanted to major in computer science as well

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm a CS major but I know close to nothing about different kinds of technology. Enough that I'm still the go-to tech support person of a lot of my friends and family but compared to a lot of other people? I have no idea. :P I only figure out how to fix or upgrade things from an exceptional amount of googling stupid questions.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I hope to study Computer Science when I'm a bit older and hope to work in the game developing industry someday!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I'm a CS major but I know close to nothing about different kinds of technology. Enough that I'm still the go-to tech support person of a lot of my friends and family but compared to a lot of other people? I have no idea. :P I only figure out how to fix or upgrade things from an exceptional amount of googling stupid questions.

What do you study in CS if it's not tech? Just programming and the like?

Anyone here studying Pharmacy or planning to? :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • What do you study in CS if it's not tech? Just programming and the like?

Anyone here studying Pharmacy or planning to? :D
    I guess I'm okay with programming. It's not my favourite but the mindless courses where programming is the main point have been pretty fun. My favourite courses are the more math-oriented ones even though I'm not that great at them. Honestly, technology doesn't have much to do with Computer Science at all, imo.

Honestly, though, I'm mostly sticking with CS because it's the only one of my interests that will actually net me a stable and well-paying job one day. :/ I don't like it as much as I did when I started studying it but my other interests aren't really realistic enough to pursue on an academic level or I don't enjoy them enough to make them my career.

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I was a CS minor in college but gave it up after a couple of semesters. I just didn't have time to fit in the CS and math courses when I was taking so many required courses for my major. Plus programming just doesn't interest me that much. :/

Years
  • I'll just play things out before I really decide to change my major to see how easy or difficult things will be..

Also, happy 5000th reply DCC =D

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • The DCC racked up some posts pretty quickly. When is it supposed to close?

Is Computer Programming the same as Computer Science? o.o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back