• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • I've been reading from New Synchro's Twitter account that both Masuda and Suigmori are blocking people who shared them the leaked concept arts of the Alola starters. This makes things a lot more peculiar.

Years
  • I've been reading from New Synchro's Twitter account that both Masuda and Suigmori are blocking people who shared them the leaked concept arts of the Alola starters. This makes things a lot more peculiar.

So the people who shared that starter final evolutions concept art are now getting approached by Game Freak themselves? That's definitely pointing further towards them being real, because people had to take the artwork down from Google searches and now this.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    lol is it just me or are leaks becoming a hell of a lot more rampant this generation than in previous ones?

Not really.

Or maybe it's just that there aren't as many leaks that seem like they could be real. There seems to be a lot more people just chancing their luck this time around.....or maybe we're the fools for paying so much attention to them.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Those starter evolution definitely are gaining more credibility with the more they're being pulled or blocked from viewing. I remember hearing that some of those images were removed from Google Images which would indicate it is in fact a legitimate leak. The only question is how and why it would have been leaked so early with the last final staged starters being leaked only a few days before the release of X/Y?

Years
  • Wow ... Then I think those concept arts are gaining credibility. They might be our starter's final evolutions....

I personally do agree that the artwork was real all along. Unfortunately it means the downfall of Team Litten if fan reaction to the art is anything to go by.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I personally do agree that the artwork was real all along. Unfortunately it means the downfall of Team Litten if fan reaction to the art is anything to go by.
    Well, I'll stay on Team Litten if this artwork is real!

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I personally do agree that the artwork was real all along. Unfortunately it means the downfall of Team Litten if fan reaction to the art is anything to go by.

Yeah, Litten's possible final evolution is bipedal, which leads to a possible Fire/Fighting typing, which would decrease the fan base of Litten ... Then if those 3 are actually our starter's last evolutions, Rowlet's fan base might grow, since its final evolution would look super cool. It has the best design of the 3 IMO! I don't recall any "archer-like" Pokémon. But I would still go with Popplio, 'cause I'm a water-typer lover *-*, though I would like Popplio's final evolution to be more circus-themed. But it's fine! Its possible final evolution design points to (probably) a secondary fairy typing, which is pretty neat, since I like fairy-types as well.
    I'm still not 100% sure they're real ... I think the best we can do is to wait for the starter's middle stage to be revealed, since they always have tiny hints about the final evolutions.

Years
  • Yeah, Litten's possible final evolution is bipedal, which leads to a possible Fire/Fighting typing, which would decrease the fan base of Litten ... Then if those 3 are actually our starter's last evolutions, Rowlet's fan base might grow, since its final evolution would look super cool. It has the best design of the 3 IMO! I don't recall any "archer-like" Pokémon. But I would still go with Popplio, 'cause I'm a water-typer lover *-*, though I would like Popplio's final evolution to be more circus-themed. But it's fine! Its possible final evolution design points to (probably) a secondary fairy typing, which is pretty neat, since I like fairy-types as well.
    I'm still not 100% sure they're real ... I think the best we can do is to wait for the starter's middle stage to be revealed, since they always have tiny hints about the final evolutions.

The good thing to still consider with these final stages is that Popplio's is actually getting a lot of love. Not as much as Rowlet's, but enough to definitely say Popplio went through a real ugly duckling story by going from the unloved "derp" to a majestic siren/sea lion hybrid.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I wouldn't panic about the leaks just yet. I want to believe Nintendo is smarter than that. (Especially after ORAS). Honestly, if they are concept art, it's most likely that it would not be final. ( I mean I don't have to explain much; just look at it. It looks kind of incomplete.) Plus, if fans are bugging Masuda/Sugimori about the leaks, I don't blame them for blocking them. I'd be sick and tired if fans kept pestering me about spoilers. Hell, Thomas Astruc, the creator of Miraculous Ladybug, changed his name on twitter and stopped talking to people about certain aspects of the show because fans wouldn't stop pestering him. Overall, the point I'm trying to make is that this is not too unusual of a reaction to have.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The tweets being blocked doesn't mean much imo. Would you want to be spammed with the same images over and over?

Sure it could mean something, but I doubt it. He wouldn't make it that obvious if they are real.

Also Litten's final evo is suppose to be Fire Dark still according to rumors awhile back when these surfaced, but we shall see.

Once we see the middle forms, we will know.

I like these designs, but still don't think they are reall.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm convinced they're real. They're far too clever for any random person to think about, and no one in their right mind who wants to make a convincing leak would have Litten turn into a wrestler, nevermind one that looks like it's entirely inspired by a very popular manga wrestler, Tiger Mask. (GF love their manga references)

I really want my Robin Hoot and Tiger Mask. Latter could easily be Fire/Dark if it's a heel wrestler, and Tiger Mask started out as a heel.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • This is actually the first forum that I've come across that freely allows discussion on leaks that don't originate from a reliable source. Other forums that I've lurked like Bulbagarden and especially Serebii strongly forbids it, the latter being especially strict about it.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Those forums are both rather dead, while this one is so popular the traffic brings the server down weekly.

Years
  • Why should there be a restriction on what you can discuss? I honestly found that kind of silly; there are certain leaks that may have some credibility to them, and I think the beauty of speculation and discussion is which ones are worth paying attention to and which ones aren't.

It's because Bulbagarden and Serebii are also Pokemon news fansites and as such they want to restrict discussion to stuff that's only from official sources. While PC recently got into posting news as well with the introduction of Daily, PC is a more lenient forum when it comes to these kinds of discussions.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm not expecting 2nd stage evos this early. Until gen 5, GF never revealed the starter evos pre-release in anyway. With gen 5 and 6 they started doing so with the 1st stages, but not any more than a month before the game's release. I mean, they can break trends, but better have your expectations in check. :P

Anyway I'm banking on one of the other Pokemon in the leak to show up if it's true. Maybe the Snowman since we haven't seen an Ice type yet.

Years
  • I do dislike fire-crotch Tiger as much as most people, but it is definitely the least favorite of mine...by a mile. Though, I do like it's face and tail quite a bit. It would be nice if it perches on four legs like a lineman (like humanoids) getting ready to tackle and transition from quadrupedal to bipedal during its attacks. Assuming it's real.

The other two are perfect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back