• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Spino has a point, most generations never revealed starter evolutions (both the middle and final stages) until after the game release, while 5th and 6th Gen revealed the middle stages very close to the game release albeit final stages were leaked early, on pieces of art and through leaked in-game screenshots respectively.

If the pattern of 5th and 6th Gen continues, I'll expect Rowlet, Litten and Popplio's middle evolutions to come in October. And then after the reveal we'll see if there's a connection to that concept art of what could be the final stages.

And yeah I updated the thread title as well so that this section has a place to generally discuss leaks and rumors that may be floating around.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I really hope they aren't real, I really wanted a four-legged Litten rather than whatever ugly thing is depicted there... I don't really see evidence for it being either fan-made or official, as I've seen some pretty convincing fan-made designs and some pretty shit official ones. It could go either way in my opinion, but personally I'm hoping they're not real >.> And this time I really thought we'd end up with 3 starters I actually liked.

Years
    I really hope they aren't real, I really wanted a four-legged Litten rather than whatever ugly thing is depicted there... I don't really see evidence for it being either fan-made or official, as I've seen some pretty convincing fan-made designs and some pretty shit official ones. It could go either way in my opinion, but personally I'm hoping they're not real >.> And this time I really thought we'd end up with 3 starters I actually liked.

I can understand the hate with Litten's final evolution because the design would suggest a Fire/Fighting to most people (and we know how many people don't want another starter like that) but there's the Tiger Mask basis here, which was known to be a heel wrestler which fits with the Fire/Dark theory. I also get why people want a Fire-type starter that stays on all fours as it fully evolves but maybe the reason this has never happened is because Game Freak find quadrupedal fully-evolved starters not as exciting as a design concept for a starter compared to a bipedal one. Meganium, Swampert and Torterra stayed on all fours and are viewed not as popular as their regions' comrades, and while Samurott was on all fours it was liked far better than Emboar.

That said, what do you think of Popplio and Rowlet's final evolutions?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I also get why people want a Fire-type starter that stays on all fours as it fully evolves but maybe the reason this has never happened is because Game Freak find quadrupedal fully-evolved starters not as exciting as a design concept for a starter compared to a bipedal one. Meganium, Swampert and Torterra stayed on all fours and are viewed not as popular as their regions' comrades, and while Samurott was on all fours it was liked far better than Emboar.

And also because one of the bipedal starters could be chosen as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. just in case (the only reason Ivysaur worked is because of its vine whips).

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    While that concept for Litten's evo isn't my ideal choice (I want him to be quad too) he is growing on me, he's kinda cool. And I'd definitely let him be if it means we get those evolutions for the other two. Rowlet's looks badass (Rowlet and Litten are my two faves, but I'll let my friend pick Rowlet) and that Popplio evolution is SO COOL, probably my favourite, and it makes me wanna pick him (I thought Popplio was good, but not nearly as great as the other two). And i mean hey, Emboar and especially Delphox both grew on me eventually anyways.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    That seals it. Those starter leaks were legitimate. The chinese one is also seeming pretty legit too. It mentioned the captain thing specifically IIRC.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Welp RIP the starters, gonna evolve em and leave em be in the box. Sorry none are appealing to me even less than what happened to Fennekin with Delphox.

Years
    That seals it. Those starter leaks were legitimate. The chinese one is also seeming pretty legit too. It mentioned the captain thing specifically IIRC.

So Mallow was the girl in that artwork? Well done for confirming our starters final evolutions, Mallow.

Anyways, with this trailer it appears the no standard Gyms rumor and the starter final evolutions concept art has all been confirmed to be real, and the latter was all thanks to Mallow's appearance. Nice that two of our most talked-about leaks have been revealed legitimate all along.

Now for my starter final evolution preference:
    Popplio > Rowlet > Litten

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    From Team Litten to Team Popplio real quick simply because of the final evolutions.

Although I'm probably going for Rowlet. Archer Owl seems so badass.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    So Mallow was the girl in that artwork? Well done for confirming our starters final evolutions, Mallow.

Anyways, with this trailer it appears the no standard Gyms rumor and the starter final evolutions concept art has all been confirmed to be real, and the latter was all thanks to Mallow's appearance. Nice that two of our most talked-about leaks have been revealed legitimate all along.

Now for my starter final evolution preference:
    Popplio > Rowlet > Litten

I LOVE Popplio final evolutions, looks so majestic <3
    The others r meh..

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Damn it, I spoiled the evolutions for myself this generation X(

Oh well, I guess I'll either go for Rowlet or Popplio. But man, I feel bad for those Litten fans.(If you don't like the evolutions). I'm still somewhat in denial. I hope this is concept art and not the very final evolution stages.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    For me the evolutions will go into the box once they get to the final form. Not really interested in em. The only redeemable thing for me would be the hidden ability and the shiny form that's it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

This is also proves that Mallow is going to be our new female lead, so R.I.P. Serena (finally I can change this theme after over a year!).

Years
    The question is, now that the final evos of the starters are real, are you either going to - stick with your initial choice, choose a different one, or box the starter altogether?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back