• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PC Minecraft Server [1.9]

What days work best for you for the next UHC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
  • Although that will be true for the early phases of this server, eventually players will be able to buy their own plots that can be placed anywhere in the map (that isn't already owned by someone else) and for as large a size as they can afford. These large plots can be owned by multiple people, and costs can be split between the owners.
    Eh... call me old fashioned but I like venturing out into the wilderness, finding what looks like a neat spot or building a neat spot and just settling down there. I'm not very used to buying a plot of land that's located right next to everyone else. XD

Of course, when everyone starts out nobody's gonna have any diamonds... and you have to buy land with diamonds. How is anyone going to be able to get a plot of land if you have to dig for diamonds to buy a plot of land? Is everybody just gonna be homeless for a while?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Eh... call me old fashioned but I like venturing out into the wilderness, finding what looks like a neat spot or building a neat spot and just settling down there. I'm not very used to buying a plot of land that's located right next to everyone else. XD

and you will be able to do that eventually. like i said, you'll at some point be able to set up a plot anywhere on the map. we might just let people do whatever far from spawn later on or spawn in a second world too.

Of course, when everyone starts out nobody's gonna have any diamonds... and you have to buy land with diamonds. How is anyone going to be able to get a plot of land if you have to dig for diamonds to buy a plot of land? Is everybody just gonna be homeless for a while?

There is an inn with beds that can be used for shelter. however the suite doors are locked at night and are only open during the day. and all of the underground area of spawn is free roam, so you can build a bunker down there if you want to. just be wary that your items and structures won't have protection like they would inside a plot.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I like the idea of having to buy a plot. It makes you commit to building something at least decent, otherwise what is the point? Craftrum had a similar set-up if I remember correctly, where you could buy plots of land. It also wont take long to save up for a plot of land if you're active.

I do have a question; Will there be community utilities such as an enchantment table and anvil at spawn, or will we have to supply those ourselves?

Wobbu

Years
  • I like the idea of having to buy a plot. It makes you commit to building something at least decent, otherwise what is the point? Craftrum had a similar set-up if I remember correctly, where you could buy plots of land. It also wont take long to save up for a plot of land if you're active.

I do have a question; Will there be community utilities such as an enchantment table and anvil at spawn, or will we have to supply those ourselves?

There is an anvil, crafting table, and furnace in town. However y'all will have to build the more advanced utilities. There is a community forest that can be used to obtain wood and saplings, however, and also a community farm with carrots, wheat, and potatoes.

I assume diamonds would be more frequent in this map? Or are they still as rare? :[

I do not know, as this is a custom map. Klippy knows more about it than I do, but I would assume that all ores appear at a normal rate.

Circuit

Years
  • So I'm all for everyone banding together to try and get and enchanting table as quick as possible. If diamonds are the currency in this world, then everyone will be needing that Fortune pick asap. It would require in total a minimum of five diamonds to make; two for the table itself, and three for a pick to mine obsidian with. Plus books and stuff. If we band together we should be able to get one tomorrow, however 4pm is damn late for me, is there no way it could be a little earlier? Here, 4pm = 2am

Wobbu

Years
  • however 4pm is damn late for me, is there no way it could be a little earlier? Here, 4pm = 2am

I can try for earlier, but no promises :x i can go for 5PM EST / 2PM PST at the earliest, but maybe klippy will be free before that and he can open the server.

Circuit

Years
  • 2PM PST is a lot better for me. It was simply that starting at 2am for me would mean I'd spend very little time on the server when it opened. Starting at 12 allows me to spend a bit more time on there when it opens. If you can do that, that'd be fantastic :D

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Minecraft IGN: Nicholatian
    Skype handle: alexander.nicholi

I'm interested to see what happens with this, and would like to be able to observe. I don't know if I'll be all that active at first with the plot power curve, though.

Also, woot! Minecraft starts up seamlessly. I can play!

Wobbu

Years
  • Hey everyone! I want to announce that the server will be opening early. About 30 minutes from now, there will be a post with a bunch of quotes and me telling you all that you have been whitelisted. If you aren't on the Members List in the op, please say so because that will be my reference :P

Also a reminder about the raffle for those who have not signed up for it, please check the Current Events section in the op ;P There is a chance to earn free diamonds!

Wobbu

Years
  • Spoiler:

You have all been added to the whitelist :D

Years
  • I finally found my first dimma diamonds in Minecraft ever, but only 3, but better than none. I never played Minecraft so long in one sitting either until today lol.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'm really happy that you guys use diamonds as currency since we use gold, and that you guys have a plot system while we're totally free reign. It's great that they're working out complementary like that. :)

I'm on the ride home and will add and log onto the server when I get there!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Now that the server is open. There were some interesting hi-jinks during testing.

NSFW:
    Spoiler:

Wobbu

Years
  • I hope everyone is having a good time so far 8) but I want to perform some maintenance on the server in a few hours, so expect some downtime for 30 or so minutes at max when that time arrives.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back