• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
Years
ok i made this script. It's working and all but i want it to be able to give a nickname to the pokemon you get. so can someone help me out?

#org 0x7B2B00
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x7B0A54
message 0x7B2C00
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x7B0A54
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x828
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x7B1D54
if 1 0x7B0D54
end

#org 0x7B1D54
message 0x7B1A54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x04 0x05 0xD7
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B0D54
message 0x7B1B90
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x07 0x05 0xD1
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B1A54
= Hello? And you are...?\pOh ok. So it's\v.\pWell welcome to my lab.\nI'm PROF. IVY.\pPlease don't leave the mess\nscare you.\pWell it looks like you\nare a trainner am i right?\pGood then I guess this\nCHARMANDER will be better\pof traveling with you.\pPlease take good care of it.

#org 0x7B1B90
= Hello? And you are...?\pOh ok. So it's\v.\pWell welcome to my lab.\nI'm PROF. IVY.\pPlease don't leave the mess\nscare you.\pWell looks like you\nare a trainner am i right?\pGood then I guess this\nSQUIRTLE will be better\pof traveling with you.\pPlease take good care of it.

#org 0x7B2C00
= Well since BROCK came\nhere. My lab has been in tip top\pshape. And he can really cook\pWell any way I hope that\nyou're taking good care of\pthat Pokémon.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Hello! How do I edit the faces of hero in maps? (ex:
nuevocornabf3.png)

Thanks a lot ^WWWWWWWWW^
Please help me is very important ;OOOOOOOOO;
(My Bad English >_>"""!)
It's okie, sweetie.
Those graphics are most likely uncompressed, so you can edit them with TLP.
Carefully scroll through the ROM until you find them, as they're small, and might easily be overseen.

I have changed a trainers pokemon using PET and when I battled him it worked perfectly but when I changed the text my game crashes.
It looks like you kept the default offsets for the texts.
That, however, can result in overwriting of other data, causing the game to crash, if you have made your texts longer than they were before.
Try changing the text offsets. (In both, the Text-, and the #org-commands.)

Hi everyone! I need the help of an "hexpert".

I'm hacking FR, and I wanted to know how can I edit the move taught by a TM. Because I hex-searched the TM, and I found it together with the rest of TMs and items, and it has the structure stated by Scizz in his site. However, TMs don't seem to have the info about the move to be teached (not even a pointer, but it has the pointer to the move's description). Is it stored somewhere else?, if so, where?

My second idea, since I couldn't edit the TM, was to modify the move taught by a Move Tutor, so I had a look into the various Move tutors scripts, and they seem to be the same (with the text as exception). And I realized that this is basically how a move is teached:

setvar 0x8005 0x"Number between 0 and 11,in hex"
special 0x18D

So, changing the value of var 8005 you can switch between the tutors, but, how can I change the move taught?

Well, thanks in advance to whoever helps (which means, thanks Scizz?)
Currently it's not known where the TM data is stored, which means that you can't edit it, yet.

For the Move Tutors, it is currently not known where the byte of the teached move is located.
All of the script seem to use the same routine (as you already said), and only differ in a few texts used.
Therefore, editing them correctly is not possible, yet.

ok i made this script. It's working and all but i want it to be able to give a nickname to the pokemon you get. so can someone help me out?
A sample Nickname-Script has been provided in this post.
You should easily be able to modify it for your needs.

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
Every time I compile a script into my Fire Red rom, I get an error message that states:

Run-time error '53':

File not found.

Now I understand that that usually means that there is a run-time file missing or whatever. I have all of the needed DLLs and OCXs and God knows what else. So I move my Fire Red rom to my desktop. I hit compile, select the ROM that is now on the desktop, and I have an empty command database.

Also, I can't search the forums, for whatever reason, as I posted a few days ago.

Someone help me with either problem?

EDIT: Still on FR. FontEd says that the font offset is unspecified, but supported. What?

Last edited:

pokedeoxys

when you talk to the sailer in vermillion,it say where you want to go:
1 - 7 island. how do i change the island names?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Every time I compile a script into my Fire Red rom, I get an error message [...]

Now I understand that that usually means that there is a run-time file missing or whatever. I have all of the needed DLLs and OCXs and God knows what else. So I move my Fire Red rom to my desktop. I hit compile, select the ROM that is now on the desktop, and I have an empty command database.

Also, I can't search the forums, for whatever reason, as I posted a few days ago.

Someone help me with either problem?

EDIT: Still on FR. FontEd says that the font offset is unspecified, but supported. What?

You are missing some needed files for ScriptEd. The complete list is:
+ rkc.exe - RubiKon compiler
+ rubikon.dat - RubiKon command database
+ scripted.exe - Script editor
+ std.rbh - General RubiKon header
+ stditems.rbh - Items header
+ stdpoke.rbh - Pokémon header

You can find them in the EliteMap pack. And make sure that the ROM you are compiling is in the same directory of the ScriptEd.

For the second question, it means that FR is a supported ROM but in the PokeRoms.ini the offsets for the font aren't specified. So, you have to find by yourself or wait for someone that make it for you. Otherwise you can use TLP. The offset for the font should be 2320C0.

when you talk to the sailer in vermillion,it say where you want to go:
1 - 7 island. how do i change the island names?

You can change by using program like Thingy32/Translhextion that support table files or usign A-Text. Once you have chosen the program you want to use, just use the search function to find the word you want to replace.

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I have a question:
I am hacking Leaf-Green and you recieve your first pokemon by someone giving it to you. I only have one problem with this, how do you get "Pokemon" as a selection on your menu? When I talk to the person, he gives you your pokemon, but the "Pokemon" option does not appear. Now I have tried putting in "setflag MENU_PARTY" but that makes my menu have Pokedex and the Retire option from the safari zone.

So if anyone knows what to do please tell me, I'm sooooooo stuck! Thanks in advance!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
I have a question:
I am hacking Leaf-Green and you recieve your first pokemon by someone giving it to you. I only have one problem with this, how do you get "Pokemon" as a selection on your menu? When I talk to the person, he gives you your pokemon, but the "Pokemon" option does not appear. Now I have tried putting in "setflag MENU_PARTY" but that makes my menu have Pokedex and the Retire option from the safari zone.

So if anyone knows what to do please tell me, I'm sooooooo stuck! Thanks in advance!
That is, because the "MENU_PARTY" variable is made for Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire.
Therefore, it won't work on any other game but these.

To enable the Party menu in Leaf-Green, you will have to use this command:
Code:
setflag 0x828

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Hey Scizz, I read your Guide on changing the pokemon and i'm looking to change the starters in LG to the D/P Starters (I have the sprites) But I don't know how to change the pallet's so that it looks better. Could you tell me how? Thanks in advance!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Hey Scizz, I read your Guide on changing the pokemon and i'm looking to change the starters in LG to the D/P Starters (I have the sprites) But I don't know how to change the pallet's so that it looks better. Could you tell me how? Thanks in advance!

You can find tutorials about palette editing in the Documents forum.
Mainly to name these three:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69928
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54389
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31153

Last edited:

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Thanks, I don't know why but my computer has been taking ages to load pokecommunity pages since the server went down, It takes like 5 mins after you click on something to laod it.

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
I'm not missing any of those files. Only thing is, since I have Nero Showtime, it recognizes that database file as a movie, so it opens with Nero (but it doesn't actually show anything). I tried reinstalling and whatnot, and... no go. Doesn't work on any rom, clean ones too.

Any suggestions, at all? I can't delete Nero, and I doubt that is changing anything; all of my scripts are to be opened with notepad, too.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
I'm planning a new hack of Pokémon Emerald and there are a couple of things I'd like to know:

1. Where do the offsets for Pokémon Emerald's gym battles start?

2. Where do the offsets for the normal battles start?

3. Where do the offsets for the frontier brains start?

I'd search for the offsets myself, but finding offsets isn't really my strong point.

Thanks in advance.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
I'm not missing any of those files. Only thing is, since I have Nero Showtime, it recognizes that database file as a movie, so it opens with Nero (but it doesn't actually show anything). I tried reinstalling and whatnot, and... no go. Doesn't work on any rom, clean ones too.

Any suggestions, at all? I can't delete Nero, and I doubt that is changing anything; all of my scripts are to be opened with notepad, too.

ScriptED will recognize and use the command-database file, even if it's file extension is associated with another program.
A simple way to remove the extension from opening with Nero, would be to either, uncheck a Box in Nero Showtime's "File associations" dialog, or to remove the "*.dat" extension handler from the filetype list. (Folder -> Folder Properties -> Filetypes).
The easiest way would be to cope with it, since ScriptED does not need to be associated to the *.dat filetype.

I'm planning a new hack of Pokémon Emerald and there are a couple of things I'd like to know:

1. Where do the offsets for Pokémon Emerald's gym battles start?

2. Where do the offsets for the normal battles start?

3. Where do the offsets for the frontier brains start?

I'd search for the offsets myself, but finding offsets isn't really my strong point.

Thanks in advance.

Every battle is stored in a table that contains the all of the Trainer-data.
In Emerald, this table starts at offset 310059 (Hex).
You can find the structure for each data type in this thread if needed, as it has been posted before.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey, I'm here again asking some questions. This time would be mainly about scripting.

Probably they'll have a negative answer, but, it doesn't hurt to ask.
First, is it possible to remove a certain amount of a certain item? (I'd check if the player has the certain item, and then remove "1" of that item, most likely key items)
Second, is it possible to remove a Pokemon in a certain slot? (because I want to make a wildbattle script, then check if the player caught the Pokemon, and if he did, then he would have the option to keep it or not)
And the last one is about flight positions, is it possible to ADD new flight positions? (i think i know what's gonna be the answer to this one...)

That's all, for now. Thanks!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Hey, I'm here again asking some questions. This time would be mainly about scripting.

Probably they'll have a negative answer, but, it doesn't hurt to ask.
First, is it possible to remove a certain amount of a certain item? (I'd check if the player has the certain item, and then remove "1" of that item, most likely key items)
Second, is it possible to remove a Pokemon in a certain slot? (because I want to make a wildbattle script, then check if the player caught the Pokemon, and if he did, then he would have the option to keep it or not)
And the last one is about flight positions, is it possible to ADD new flight positions? (i think i know what's gonna be the answer to this one...)

That's all, for now. Thanks!

It is possible to remove a certain amount of an item, by using the following command:
Code:
[45][Item (2 bytes)][Amount (2 bytes)]

There probably is a way to remove a Pokémon from a certain slot, but the command for that is currently unknown.

You can add new Flight data, by extending the location table. (Repoint the the table to free space with your Hex-Editor, and add your new position at the bottom.)

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
I'm back with more problams :)
1. Does anyone know the unlz gba number(s) for the venasuar in the fg title screen?
2. I added an event in advancemap using the tutorial and I copyed everything form the eevee (eg offset, people ID) But all it has done is removed all the events from the map!
All help is appreciated!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
I'm back with more problams :)
1. Does anyone know the unlz gba number(s) for the venasuar in the fg title screen?
2. I added an event in advancemap using the tutorial and I copyed everything form the eevee (eg offset, people ID) But all it has done is removed all the events from the map!
All help is appreciated!

1. The unLZ-GBA number for the Venusaur on the Titlescreen of Leaf-Green is 2013.

2. You have probably repointed the Events to a bad offset.
Try adding another Event to the Map, and choose a different offset for re-pointing, this should fix your problem.

If it, for some reason, is still occouring, you should go back to your backup-copy, and re-do the changes you made.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Thanks for that but when I try and play the game after changing the pic all I see is the video at the start then the screen goes black, any tips?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Thanks for that but when I try and play the game after changing the pic all I see is the video at the start then the screen goes black, any tips?

If your screen goes black/the game crashes after editing, then you have corrupted something in your editing process.
The easiest way to fix it, is to go back to your backup-copy, and re-do your changes.

Years
I made this script:
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x800
if 1 0x8C86B0
applymovement 0x00 0x800050
pause 0x30
message 0x800300
boxset 0x2
applymovement 0xFF 0x800100
pause 0x10
applymovement 0x00 0x800150
pause 0x50
message 0x800350
boxset 0x2
applymovement 0x00 0x800200
pause 0x50
applymovement 0x00 0x800250
pause 0x10
applymovement 0xFF 0x800200
pause 0x50
message 0x800400
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x800050
#binary 56 FE

#org 0x800100
#binary 3 FE

#org 0x800150
#binary 6 6 6 6 FE

#org 0x800200
#binary 7 7 7 7 FE

#org 0x800250
#binary 2 FE

#org 0x800300
= AAA

#org 0x800300
= BBB

#org 0x800350
= CCC
(I will change the AAA, BBB and CCC later with Advance Text)
Anyway, when I input it in my rom, and input the script in Advance map (new script event, enter offset), and start my rom, and walk on the event, it says BBB, then it pauses, then it says CCC, then the player walks one block left, and then the game chrashes (character can't move anymore, altough music keeps playing).

I don't know why this is happening, it might be an error in my script or it might be something in the rom (I edited Pallet town but that annoying signpost girl is still there)

Can anyone solve my problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back