• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

Psyduck

Buy Pokemon Stuff on Ebay
Years
  • i tried installing the game from scratch and putting the files where they go. It didn't work, I got the same message as last time. The message from before appeared right at the start. The same place as last time.

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Wow! That's pretty wierd! Is anyone else getting this error?

When I get time to update again, I'll be sure to include all the files! Maybe that will fix the problem. If not, we'll have to work something out. Until then, psyduck, just hold tight. I promise I'll update ASAP.

Sora> More info, eh? Well, I'm collaborating with a friend to produce this game. It's about a kid who can't get a pokemon, is attacked on a route by a bunch of wilds, and is saved by a rogue Umbreon (Espeon if you are playing Solar as opposed to Lunar). You and the Umbreon become best buds and set off on the quest. We're trying to make it as original as possible without falling into any pokemon cliches.

As for features, I'm doing all the technical work and my friend is doing the story part of it. It'll feature an awesome Custom Menue system identical to the official menue system (featured in tech-demo), a Custom Battle System with a side view enabling you to see all the moves, as well as various extras like day and night, random weather, and your players reflection in water (all of which is in tech-demo).

So, my friend hasn't sucessfully sent me the story part, so in the mean time I released a tech-demo just showing off all my hard work with the systems. I compiled a quick town and route to demonstrate wild appearences, trainer battles, reflection, etc.

Enjoy!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, PKMN Lunar works fine on my computer.
    Anyway, Darkmage, are you going to input a bike system?
    If you want, I can attach a file with the coding next time.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • RM2K supports .BMP, .PNG, and .ZYX, though .ZYX's can't be read, thus not editable. Some people use a tool that converts all their resources to .ZYX so people can't change them. But that's just stupid because people can export them through RM2K as a bitmap, so I don't see the point.

In any case, if it's not working at this point, you need to get the RTP until I can insure all the files necessary are packaged. A google search will do a world of good.

Now, as for the bike system, RM2K3 supports more key input, such as the shift key and the numbers. Using that, here's my idea: When you get running boots, you press shift to put them on and take them off. When you get the bike, the number 1 activates shift for the boots, and if you press 2 shift activates the bike.

And what do you think of having an energy gague? You can't run if it's empty and a pokemon center restores it? Or maybe I can make special lounges in the centers to restore energy?

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I was thining of a "feed system."
    You need a stamina gauge and a HP gauge.
    Every time you don't eat, 5 stamina points go down,
    if you don't sleep for 1 whole day, 3 Stamina points go down.
    And when the stamina's at zero, it starts cutting down HP.
    And every time you rest, a bit of HP goes up.
    That's what I did anyway. Even if you take this idea, I don't care,
    cos' your game rocks and I want it to be as good as possible!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    DarkMage31 said:
    Yes, yes. I see what you are saying. But when it comes down to a genuine legal threat, there's no taking chances.

And this cousin of yours... would you ask him if it is legal to make a fangame so long as you give proper credit to the official developer (i.e. Nintendo)? Thanks, that may clear a few things up.

It is as long as you dont charge and if you do you have to give a percentige of it to nintendo...something along thosese line's i remember from legal class.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Okay, thanks dude!

Seeing as it's for non-profit purposes, I'm not breaking any laws, therefore I'm not subject to anything bad. And besides, if you install my game you're agreeing I'm not responsible for anything and I'm not to have any consequences. So I guess I'm safe.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    If I want to put up my game, I should put it up as a ZIP
    file equal to 2mb. So I'll try and work on it.
    The bike feature goes like this.

Common Event 1: -If switch "On Bike" is on
    (Parallel Process}-Call event Bike off,
    (Got Bike) On -Switch Got bike off.
    -Erase event
    -Else: -Call common event " Bike on "
    -Switch Got bike off.
    -Erase event
    Common Event 2: -If switch " boy " is on
    (Bike off) -Change sprite association ( Boy bike sprite )
    (Call} -Switch " on bike " off
    -Move event: hero decrease speed x3
    -Erase event
    -Else: same as up except change sprite to girl bike sprite
    Common Event 3: -If Switch boy on
    -Change sprite to walking boy sprite
    -Hero decrease speed x2
    -Switch " On bike " off
    -Erase event
    -Else: same as up except change sprite to
    girl walk sprite.

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    hey u shold get rm2k3 it is way better i got it making a game

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • I'm going to be doing it similarly, but not exactly. I'm going to have a RM2K3 Key Input Process event (Password in RM2K) for shift, then Forks for the input of one or two, as well as boy/girl graphics. I still have to draw the sprites though. I think biking is my next project. Maybe a bike will be that item towards the end of the tech demo!

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • fudge01 said:
    hey u shold get rm2k3 it is way better i got it making a game

Pity the side-view default battle system sucks even more than RM2K's Dragon Warrior-esque one. Custom menus and battle systems are a must.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Go to the homepage, then go in to it. It worked for me that way.
    Anyway, I didn't notice any random weather effects in the Common Events,
    and I didn't see a trainer card map like the last one. Are you sure you
    uploaded the right file?

Last edited:
    Back