• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Thanks Daegon.

Latios101> You click Game Making>Rm2k>Download Game. The RM2k link is at the bottom of the desecription of the program. Sorry for any confusion.

BartBoys> When I read your post the emotion I initially felt was negative, angry almost. However, when looking at it logically, I couldn't be happier. I'm finally getting some constructive criticism I can improve off of. But you also have to understand that this is a work in progress. And don't even get me started on map design. I threw those in in half a second because I'm not the one doing the maps, that's my friend. I just made those so I can release something playable. As for CMS, you have to understand this is my first major attempt of making one fully with pictures. Note how I said "fully," meaning everything will be pictures and pointers, which also means I'm getting rid of the "textboxes." So I'm definately improving on that when the time comes. For the CBS, you have to understand that there are only three pokemon fully coded into it, so you guys have a lot more coming at you when I finally get time to do all the moves, lvl ups, TMs, etc. And no, I purposefully strayed from the formula we have all known to love from pokemon games- I purposefully did not try to replicate it. So don't go there either.

Yes, there's a lot to improve on. That is why I released a demo so soon- so I can get this critique. Thank you BartBoys, though I don't appreciate being called a noob, since I am hardly one ;)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    srry for the double post, but I have a:

NEW UPDATE!!!!: I finally finished the coding for the bike/running system! Horray!

When you get the boots, you can select them by pressing the 1 key and when it is set you press shift to get them on, then press shift again to take them off. When you get the bike you can press 2 to set the bike, then use shift to get on/off. That way you can quickly change bike-boots. All that's left is the gfx for the sprites on the bike etc. and any on-screen pictures I may want to use indicating which you have set and what you have on.

Thanks for the support guys.
    -DM31

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Nice improvement Darkmage! I like the fact that you can change
    from boots~bike the most.

Psyduck

Buy Pokemon Stuff on Ebay
    Years
    THe same error happened to me, I just went into the battle folder and made copies of a file in there and named it the missing file, I had to do it 3 times b4 i got all the files.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Updated list of missing files for next release:
    -strike
    -misc1
    Any more?

LatiosnLatias101> First download the install file. Double click the file you downloaded. Follow the instructions to complete the installation process. Go into the directory where you installed the game (Start>Run>C:/Program Files/ASCII/RPG2000/Project/PKMN Lunar or where ever you installed it to). When you get there double click RPG_RT.exe to run the game.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, there's alot of things going onabout missing files.
    But have you people downloaded the Rtp and Rtp addon?
    You should do some things for yourselves, instead of keep
    pestering people without trying first.
    (And I'm having a hard time typing right now, because I cut
    all my fingers except for the left index one)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    Hey, there's alot of things going onabout missing files.
    But have you people downloaded the Rtp and Rtp addon?
    You should do some things for yourselves, instead of keep
    pestering people without trying first.
    (And I'm having a hard time typing right now, because I cut
    all my fingers except for the left index one)

CUT OFF ALL YOUR FINGERS??? :surprised

Anyway, I don't feel like subjecting people's computers to about 15 megs just to play a five meg game. I'm just going to add the files.

UPDATE: I'm expanding the maps- Route 1 is longer now and I expanded Bantam town. I just think it's a bit big, so I'm scaling down now. I'm also adding another trainer, a secret invisible item, and a completed bike system. However, all this will take too long for just this weekend (I think) so don't expect an update until next week (hopefully).

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
    I'm back again. I have just downloaded the game again. However you should change some of the text in the installer "RPG_RT.EXE is downloadable seperately".

Good Luck and long live this game!

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I meant that my fingers were cut. (Like getting a cut from falling. Not cut off like
    slicing them off)

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have one suggestion. Get rid of the music!!! It's very annoying. Add a feature where you can mute the music. And that when in full screen mode, the screen is not perfect. The screen is titled to the right a bit. I'll post an image later.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Annoying music, eh? Well, every good game has music. I'll consider the mute feature, but it's unlikely. How about you guys search www.vgmusic.com for some good MIDIs and send them to me. Which tune in particular don't you like? The one for Bantam Town?

As for your screen, that is most likely your computers fault or the RM2K engine's fault rather than my own. I don't think I can do anything to fix it. Sorry.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2004
    Oi DarkMage31 can i help in coding for ure game?
    i can do just about any system and and allot of other cool stuff with rm2k/3, been working with it for about 3 yrs, ummm yea i think i covered everything there is to cover about me asking to help on ure game!

Back