• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
  • Got a few new screens:
    Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

The underground sidescrolling dungeon rooms are pretty fun... even found a way to have gravity.

Also I've been reconsidering having the King of Red Lions for surf. I need to redo Epona from scratch too, but flippers would still be the best bet. If only it were possible to make seamless walking from land to water without the hop(usually onto the surf float) because that would make Link a floating head as he jumps from land to water...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    Got a few new screens:

The underground sidescrolling dungeon rooms are pretty fun... even found a way to have gravity.

Also I've been reconsidering having the King of Red Lions for surf. I need to redo Epona from scratch too, but flippers would still be the best bet. If only it were possible to make seamless walking from land to water without the hop(usually onto the surf float) because that would make Link a floating head as he jumps from land to water...

Amazing! About sidescrolling: when link climb down the stairs, he faces up like in the screenshot or down?

Danno

Years
  • Amazing! About sidescrolling: when link climb down the stairs, he faces up like in the screenshot or down?

In that screen he was climbing up. I would like to have it that way but idk how possible it is. If you walk to the right of it, you do fall to the ground though. Theres even a pitfall you might fall into if youre not paying attention using the speedup button lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2015
    Dungeon looks nice. Question: how does the Chu in the third screen work? Is it supposed to be a Trainer or like a legendary pokemon, where you have to talk to it and then can fight and capture it?

Danno

Years
  • Dungeon looks nice. Question: how does the Chu in the third screen work? Is it supposed to be a Trainer or like a legendary pokemon, where you have to talk to it and then can fight and capture it?

Neither, its just a wildbattle... defeat it, capture it or run to get past it. All battles outside of bushes are like that.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • Got a few new screens:

It's been a while, so i'll provide some feedback:

I think i recall you saying you were going for a GBC look. It's working, and it looks great.

I don't know the first thing about making hacks, but I'm curious. Why would Link be a floating head if he hopped?

Danno

Years
  • It's been a while, so i'll provide some feedback:

I think i recall you saying you were going for a GBC look. It's working, and it looks great.

I don't know the first thing about making hacks, but I'm curious. Why would Link be a floating head if he hopped?

Thanks a lot, I actually considered a graphic overhaul recently but I decided against it. Maybe this game will inspire someone to make a Minish Cap styled game or something in the future.

The thing about surf is that its two layers, a sitting position overworld frame above the object you surf on. When the animation is called in game, it has the player switch from the standing sprite to the sitting position sprite S it hops from land to water. Links swimming sprites are his head with a whitish wave around the bottom. In that case, when the surf xommand is activated, link would appear as that floating head on land for a moment as the player "hops" onto (or off) the surf object (which wouldnt exist at all with flippers).

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • The thing about surf is that its two layers, a sitting position overworld frame above the object you surf on. When the animation is called in game, it has the player switch from the standing sprite to the sitting position sprite S it hops from land to water. Links swimming sprites are his head with a whitish wave around the bottom. In that case, when the surf xommand is activated, link would appear as that floating head on land for a moment as the player "hops" onto (or off) the surf object (which wouldnt exist at all with flippers).
    Would it be possible to edit the frames used by the surf function? I've never even thought about the surfing sprite, so I have no idea how it all works. (Also, no need to get all technical about it, if my suggestion could work, even in theory, then a yes, otherwise just tell me to shush and get out lol.)

Danno

Years
  • Would it be possible to edit the frames used by the surf function? I've never even thought about the surfing sprite, so I have no idea how it all works. (Also, no need to get all technical about it, if my suggestion could work, even in theory, then a yes, otherwise just tell me to shush and get out lol.)

Well if someone smarter than me knows how to make it use more than 1 frame per walking direction, it might be possible hahaha.

Bliss

Years
  • Well if someone smarter than me knows how to make it use more than 1 frame per walking direction, it might be possible hahaha.
    Hmm. I guess I'll have to post a thread in the help section on this one.

I'll edit this with a link after.

EDIT: Thread created. If I need to reword something, please let me know!

EDIT2: Received a reply, but I don't know enough to respond, since I'm not the one having issues. Here's a link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8529784#8529784

Last edited:

Danno

Years
  • Hmm. I guess I'll have to post a thread in the help section on this one.

I'll edit this with a link after.

EDIT: Thread created. If I need to reword something, please let me know!

EDIT2: Received a reply, but I don't know enough to respond, since I'm not the one having issues. Here's a link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8529784#8529784

Thanks a bunch Prixy, hopefully something'll come of it. :)

Edit: few more screens:

I think I want to have the mailman as the new Bill's PC, with one or two post offices and random mailboxes around the land that allow you to store and retrieve party members.

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
  • I think I want to have the mailman as the new Bill's PC, with one or two post offices and random mailboxes around the land that allow you to store and retrieve party members.
    That sounds awesome!

Have you decided how you are going to add the mailman himself in? Meaning, will we see him running around in certain places, or will we see a side quest relating directly, or indirectly, to him?

Danno

Years
  • That sounds awesome!

Have you decided how you are going to add the mailman himself in? Meaning, will we see him running around in certain places, or will we see a side quest relating directly, or indirectly, to him?

I have plans for all sorts of sidequests, and I'll probably have a quest where you have to deliver a few things. Since you'll already have the pegasus boots by then, a pokemon might be all that makes sense as a reward though. Theres going to be a sidequest for Lon Lon Ranch to obtain a golden(shiny) cucco too.

Bliss

Years
  • I'm just rambling here, but I do have some possible rewards for the mailman to give Link..
    Spoiler:

Oh, and no need for credit. Use the ideas as you see fit, in part or in whole. Heck, maybe combine the ones you like most? xD I hope it helps at least a little!

Danno

Years
  • I'm just rambling here, but I do have some possible rewards for the mailman to give Link..
    Spoiler:

Oh, and no need for credit. Use the ideas as you see fit, in part or in whole. Heck, maybe combine the ones you like most? xD I hope it helps at least a little!

Hmm... giving the "pokemon" right away wouldnt be as fun. I like the idea of a location you cant access unless you complete the quest... like obtaining the membership card in the oracle games to get to the other part of the shop haha.

Bliss

Years
  • Hmm... giving the "pokemon" right away wouldnt be as fun. I like the idea of a location you cant access unless you complete the quest... like obtaining the membership card in the oracle games to get to the other part of the shop haha.
    That sounds awesome!

Not only access to a new area, but the area has a special shop that holds items which cannot be found elsewhere! (HP UP, Calcium, et cetera type items that will have new names, I assume?)

Danno

Years
  • That sounds awesome!

Not only access to a new area, but the area has a special shop that holds items which cannot be found elsewhere! (HP UP, Calcium, et cetera type items that will have new names, I assume?)

Maybe, not sure yet what I'll do for that but brainstorming never hurts lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2015
    I'm just rambling here, but I do have some possible rewards for the mailman to give Link..
    Spoiler:

I like the 'Useless Trinket' idea, as it was used amazingly in Pokemon Alpha/Omega (the Meteorite). Something like a Mask or something that unlocks a Hidden Dungeon, post game? Maybe simply an item that is utterly pointless, but can be used as a held item to pump up a Pokemon found only during Mailman missions. Either way, the Mailman idea has great potential.

If trading between different players becomes possible, he would be a great medium for regulating that, as well :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Looking at your screenshots... easily mistaken for an actual Zelda base there. Well done :) glad to see you're back to making progress.

Mailbox = PC is a good idea for integration too ^^.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back