• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
@Toomi: Nyah, now that plot is starting to look about the right size. Don't fret about the length, my RP, Ancient Dynasty, was waaaay bigger than that, released in late December and still got more than enough sign-ups to kick off and keep it alive (I actually had to par the membership down a bit). Besides, I believe one of the rules asked for literate people? If anything, having a slightly lengthier plot will serve to discourage the lazy illiterates with short attention spans from joining, and you don't want those anyway, so it's actually handling part of the elimination process for you. ^^

@YoshiRiRu: Yay, another helper! ^-^ I'll be happy to look at your plot once you get it posted.

@Midnight_Dragon249: Ehh...I agree with Bijou, it's a wee bit...bulky, yes, that is the term that shall do. Such an abundance of background information can leave RPers feeling lost and confused. You could try saving up the specifics on monsters and cities/towns until the actual RP and introduce them as the story progresses. Having read through it, it does seem like a solid plot (Although the use of swords is a bit of a cliché, what is it with swords and evil powers anyway? You sure as heck couldn't cause that much damage if you sealed the evil spirit in an umbrella or an anvil. xD). On the races...you might want to mention a bit of natural abilities/disadvantages (E.g. Stereotypically speaking, Elves tend to have far longer life spans than humans, which makes it more difficult for them to handle sudden changes in life, and also tend to be slimmer and less muscularly built than humans) and maybe a bit of how people react to members of different races (For instance, I'd imagine that a demon-born wouldn't be the most trusted of people in a heavily non-demonic environment). Also, about the use of magic, how does it work in that world? Does it have DnDish touches such as risks of rapidly aging from the use of certain spells or suffering other significant (and permanent) drawbacks or is it more of a Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts approach where you can just zap away without a care in the world? This could cause confusion if you don't clarify it a bit.

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Okay, I read it this time, and oh my god, what a plot! It sounds awesome, but as Alter Ego said, it's rahlly....beeg. (big.)

The cities and towns things should be explained as you get there, you know? Like, maybe in OOC's, or in the post before you actually arrive, or describe where the people are headed next, etc.

And Alter Ego, swords are always evil because swords bring around death, and umbrella's bring about happiness and justice. (Especially pink one's. Only Hagrid's umbrella is an umbrella of doom.) Anvil's...well....nobody wants to lug one of those on their hips or back's. *paaaainz*

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
Years
@Midnight_Dragon249: Ehh...I agree with Bijou, it's a wee bit...bulky, yes, that is the term that shall do. Such an abundance of background information can leave RPers feeling lost and confused.

Bulky, yes. But it's my little fat baby, and I love it.
I thought the bg info might clear things up a bit...Meh. This is my first plot, anyways.

You could try saving up the specifics on monsters and cities/towns until the actual RP and introduce them as the story progresses.

The monsters are pretty random, but I have compiled a short list of common ones in Aedrys. As for the towns, they're pretty set, as I don't feel like messing with the world for an RP. (Which after I read through my own stuff, it sounds more RPG than RP. Meh.)

Having read through it, it does seem like a solid plot (Although the use of swords is a bit of a cliché, what is it with swords and evil powers anyway? You sure as heck couldn't cause that much damage if you sealed the evil spirit in an umbrella or an anvil. xD).

Meh, it's better than the more insane version that had the monster sealed in a water bottle. ...I got pretty bored, but I liked the idea, okay?

On the races...you might want to mention a bit of natural abilities/disadvantages (E.g. Stereotypically speaking, Elves tend to have far longer life spans than humans, which makes it more difficult for them to handle sudden changes in life, and also tend to be slimmer and less muscularly built than humans) and maybe a bit of how people react to members of different races (For instance, I'd imagine that a demon-born wouldn't be the most trusted of people in a heavily non-demonic environment).

Myesh, I would. But it was bed-time for me. So I couldn't. I will, though, if anyone likes this heaping pile of creative fantasy (which I think would smell like lysol and cinnamon, if you ask me) enough.

Also, about the use of magic, how does it work in that world? Does it have DnDish touches such as risks of rapidly aging from the use of certain spells or suffering other significant (and permanent) drawbacks or is it more of a Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts approach where you can just zap away without a care in the world? This could cause confusion if you don't clarify it a bit.

I have the magic 'system' (I'm working on an RPG game, so I had to come up with a code-able system for magic) all worked out, but again, didn't have the time to post it.

Thanks for the help, BTW.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Wow, if you didn't have time to post all that...then it's even bulkier then it already is, isn't it? o o;;

Also, to be quite frankly honest, because there was so much shtuff, I totally skipped downloading the bestiary, reading the towns, and reading the magic, so basically, it's so long that I almost don't want to read all of it, which could cause a little bit more confusion if you refer to it. But however you want to run you're RP, go and run it.

Netta

Hikari Ko
Years
^__^;;;

I would just accept Alter Ego's criticism, because it's really actually quite in depth, and would really make your plot in general better. And as for the spelling thing, I would just use a spell-checker if you suck in general. If you don't have Microsoft Word or Appleworks or something like that, try an online spell-checker. It makes it easier for everyone. ^^

I've decided to put up some rules, FYI, so please do read them. Hopefully I don't sound like a pompous prick, if I do, then all my sincerest apologies.

As Netta said, then? Off to a different subject.

Toomi: Can't wait to see the finished product! I'll have to make room in my schedule to join...

Netta: It's probably best if you re-post it here. It's not that hard, as the thread hasn't disappeared yet, and it's easier for the people giving their time and energy to give feedback. Save them a click or two, because I personally hate surfing around trying to find the right thread, post, and plot. Don't you? ^^

Oh of course I hate looking, but I just didn't want to get yelled at again, so here it is. First I'm going to post this now and than work on it slowly as the stupid computer seems to let me log out automatically if I don't constantly surf threw it. Than I'll go ahead and edit little at a time to get it up and going. Okay, I've finished it and I will say, it is VERY lengthy and I think I may have too much but than again, I might be wrong.

The True Plot

Twelve humans with strange devices saved two worlds from the darkness, and because of it; peace reined over both worlds and creatures known as Digimon lived peacefully together in both worlds. In Japan, the spread of digimons living together with humans expands far greater than expected. The Japanese digidestines have been around to ensure the safety. The International DigiDestines however, do not have the advantage as the government thinks of digimons as a threat created by Japan to rule the world. How wrong they were.

Darkness began to settle once again, but this time, it's different from the past villans. Past evils have tried to start with taking over the Digital World first and than the Human World. Now, evil has a new plot. A new way to conquer both worlds. This evil has started in the World of Men, but for two purposes. To rid the world of the DigiDestines known as well as to prevent new DigiDestines from being born. And the second is to rule both worlds. (Yeah I know it's very common in all the digimon seasons so far.) The origional 12 digidestines and their friends had disappeared from Japan.

With the rising darkness, the Guardians of the Digital World were blind and did not activate any powers to release immediatly to choose children to be digidestines. However, one digimon has. This digimon is shadowed and was afraid evil and darkness might try a new way of conquering the worlds. After all, Darkness cannot live without Light and Light cannot live without Darkness. If it were to happen, the powers would be released and sent to a selected group of humans to become the new digidestines.

Reality Plot

You know digimons are not real and only wished they were. You have little knowledge of the Japanese government, which kept the secret of digimons being real from the rest of the world. Even the International Digidestines keep the secret to themselves. You look at your created digimon and wish that he/she was real and that you'd be able to become a digidestines dispite knowing it's only in your wildest dreams. You hear news about mysterious things going on, but you pay no mind to it as you feel it doesn't bother you. However, you find a strange device which appears to you. You take the device in your hand and are shocked to find that it's a digivice. It is nothing like the digivices you've seen in the first two seasons and somehow you know it's called a D-Arc. When you push a button, you noticed an egg has hatched and you don't seen anything inside. You are suddenly surrounded by a thick, off white cloud and are shocked to find your digimon alive and in person.

Starting Plot

Please try to use you're own imagination to come up with how you find your digimon creation. Everyone has either dreampt of being in an adventure with a favority digimon or their own created digimons and human characters. What if, you're characters and your made up digimon were alive and real? All Digimons for that matter. What if, everything that we've seen on digimon was true? This is where you get to experience everything. From reality thrown upside down and inside out. ((I know it sounds like Digimon Tamers but that's what FDD is all about.)) This happens before the Tamers Season, about 20 years in to the future from Daisuke (Davis) and Taichi (Tai)'s group. They are all older and no longer able to do much saving like they did when they were younger. So it's up to you.

Basic Information

What is FDD? FDD is short for Fictional DigiDestined and Digimon. There are many FDD characters out there that don't have any website put up for their created digimons and their partner characters. But this is when real people put themselves into a character (or make up a personality of how they wish they were) and create stories of them with others. FDD doesn't belong to just one person. I don't know who came up with it first, but there are many people who have FDD sites out there and believe me, they are fun to read and I've always wanted to try a quick FDD rp. Yes I have my own site, but it's still a work in process and at least I'll be able to see if I have what it takes.

Here are the level translations.
Rookie = Child, Champion = Adult, Ultimate = Perfect, and Mega = Ultimate.

I want to go along with the japanese version as I've always believed to stay with the origional rather than go to the modified version.

Digivices: The digivices are already choosen and made with new colors. (Acutally, I just took the tamer's D-Arcs and invert the colors.) They are the D-Arcs, which was also dubbed as what we call D-Powers from the Tamers version which means you can use cards. (I love using cards.)

Digivolutions: Digivolving will be very different from the shows. The cards are the keys. (These will be given to you once you have been accepted.) Digivolution is the same from Child to Adult. From Adult to Perfect is slightly different, instead of having Culumon aka Calumon give the crystal activation, you get to use a card that has a crest. (I would like you're crests to be your own creation and design. You cannot use these crests, (Courage, Freindship, Love, Sincerity, Knowledge, Reliability, Hope, and Light. I would use the Japanese versions, but not everyone knows them so therefore I've left them out. Kindness is also something you cannot use as it belongs to Ken.)

What about the Ultiamte/Mega level? I'm sorry to say that not all of you will be able to reach this level. Just joking. Actually, because this is not really based on the show's rules and based on my rules, I say what the hey, let's do it. You can do one of two ways to reach the Mega/Ultimate level. One way is the warp digivolution like Agumon and Gabumon to WarGreymon, and MetalGarurumon. The term Warp is when a digimon skips a certain level to reach a higher level in half the time it would take than going in order. The other way is to have the Perfect/Ultimate level digimon digivolve to the Ultimate/Mega level. Example: Agumon digivolve too Greymon, Greymon digivolve too MetalGreymon, MetalGreymon digivolve too WarGreymon. (You cannot have both. Must choose one or the other.)

What about DNA digivolution, Armor Digivolution and BioMerging? I'm sorry to say DNA and Armor is not allowed. BioMerging will only be giving to a few characters. Sorry, I'm the one who will choose the BioMerging. (Remember, this will be the Ultimate/Mega form in which the human partner and digimon partner emerge together to digivolve. Now this will be given to the selected characters by a special digimon which I have created that will do what Dobermon did in the Tamer's show to turn the humans into data in the real world, but will not be deleted as I don't like to follow in other's footsteps.)

Rules

1. You cannot have the main digimons from the shows. (example, Agumon, Gabumon Biyomon, Palmon, Tentomon, Patamon, Gatomon, Veemon, Hawkmon, Armadillomon, Wormmon, Renamon, Guilmon, Terriermon, Impmon) But you can have a digimon you've seen on the show that didn't play a big role such as Leomon. But I really want you to have you're own created digimons. So if you don't have a created digimon or don't have the time to create one on you're own, don't worry about it.

2. Veemon and a few other main digimons have more than one digivolution line. I might accept them as a possibility if you use a different evoultion line from which was given in the show.

3. You can use different colored main digimons such as Dark, Black, White, or Silver. (My favorite digimon is Renamon and if I wanted to rp her as my partner, I'd have her become either a virus known as DarkRenamon or a vaccine known as SilverRenamon and her digivolutions, or make up my own.)

You can not have any of the digidestine's crests from the show.

5. You must try to have lots of fun.

Please be nice irl. Yes I know we get on each others nerves from time to time, but please, try to keep on a happy face ooc.

7. Be Origional. Don't copycat.

8. Make sure you're personality goes along with your backround histroy. This was brought up in another forum of bad habits of rpers board.

9. We all have an order we do post. It's obvious that the leader will be the first to start. Once you've posted, do not post again until everyone has posted. Yes this could take a long time, but it's only fair to thoughs who can't get on everyday like some of us. ^_^

10. It will be written in a type of chapter or episode. (This is my origionality for this type of rp. Rell I guess it'd be chapters since we arn't in a movie or anything.) Everyone gets to have their own episode in which everyone can participate. Like in the shows, each partner digimon had a whole episode dedicated to them and their digimon partner when digivolution came to them. That means if you're not the star of that episode/chapter, you must play a minor role.

11. No god-moding. I hate people who think they have an all powerful digimon that no one can't beat. Get real people, everyone has weaknesses, even digimons. The all I'm powerful thing and you can't touch me doesn't go in this rp. And let me tell you. This here is your first warning. If I find anyone acting like this, I will confront you about via email. (That is your second warning.) After that, no more warnings and I will ask for you to not participate as part of the group. So remember, this here is your first warning. Your second warning is in your email, after that, you're out.

12. No DNA Digivolving and no armor digivolving. Bio Merging is limited to only a few choosen.

13. This rp is for serious rpers who will take this as if it was real. Anyone can sign up, but I shall decide who gets to participate.

14. Have lots of fun. . . Oh wait, I already said that. ^_^

Human

Name: (What is your character's name? Last name perferred, but not mandatory)

Height: (5'4", 5'5" 1/2?)

Crests: (Courage, Friendship, Purity, Responsiblity, ect.)

Personality: (Funny, Distant, Afraid to show feelings ect. Please have at least a three to four lines long.)

Description: (What does your character look like? Red Hair? Brown Hair? Blue Eyes? Red Eyes? Ect. What are they wearing? Again three to four lines long.)

History: (Give a little histroy of how your character's personality came to be or give us a breif story of what happened to you that makes your character act this way.)

Digimon

Name:
(Agumon, Pacemon)

Pronounciation:
(Ah-goo-mahn, Pay-s-mahn. Do the best you can, even I have problems with this.)

Level:
(I really perfer Child Level as a base.)

Type: (Vaccine, Viral, Data)

Groups: (Reptile, Dinosuare, Dragon, Warrior, Sorceress, ect.)

Description: (What your digimon looks like. Please go in details)

Attacks:
(Pepper Breath, Petit Fire, Cat's Eye Beam ect.)

Evolutions:
(Greymon, MetalGreymon, WarGreymon, GeoGreymon, ShineGreymon, MirageGreymon, ect.)

Personality:
(What is your digimon's personality. It doesn't need to be lengthy as it is tough to keep in mind two personalities. Unless you're experienced in rping and can handle doing two different personalities. Some people find it challengeing.)

Example Rp
: (Do a breif rp of you're character. I perfer you to start out from the beginning like how you're character grew up or what was one great challenge to them. Must be at least three paragraphs or more in length.)

Okay there it is. Is it too much information? Not enough? What about my standards? Are they too low or too high? Anyways, I hope you can all give me good advice. Oh, I did mention that it is quiet lengthy.

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Netta: IRL should be capitalized, as it's an abbreviation, and I suggest you not use it at all if you can help it. It's only three words more, and it makes you look a lot more professional. I would say that you might want to run through it again and make sure you get rid of the 's' on the end of digimon in the first sentence in the Reality Plot, because 'digimon' is plural as it is.

And, spell-check. Online, Word, whatever, but it helps. There are only a few mistakes, but there are one's that a spell-checker will catch in there. (I'm such a hypocrite. >.<)

Btw, just wondering, but would anybody be interested in doing a One Piece RP with me?

Last edited:

Netta

Hikari Ko
Years
Netta: IRL should be capitalized, as it's an abbreviation, and I suggest you not use it at all if you can help it. It's only three words more, and it makes you look a lot more professional. I would say that you might want to run through it again and make sure you get rid of the 's' on the end of digimon in the first sentence in the Reality Plot, because 'digimon' is plural as it is.

And, spell-check. Online, Word, whatever, but it helps. There are only a few mistakes, but there are one's that a spell-checker will catch in there. (I'm such a hypocrite. >.<)

Btw, just wondering, but would anybody be interested in doing a One Piece RP with me?

Okay, so I've been told about that already, but I figured since this is for me to get advice, I didn't need to worry about getting it perfect since it's not really ready for rp yet. I didn't know however, digimon with the "s" was right or wrong, but now I know thanks.

I didn't want to know about my spelling and what nots, because right now, I don't care. I will care about it if people are interested and if I'm ready to post it up in the other Rp.

Second, I wanted someone to tell me if it was too much information or too little! Weather the plot needed to have more info or much less. All I got so far is. . .

You need to spell check. But than no one says hey, I like the plot or say hey I don't like this plot becasue. . .

Anything will help! If no one says anything except just work on spelling, than that really doesn't help me out.

Was it good enough?! WAs it terrible? Do I need to put more thought into it?! What is it that I need to do to make it better OTHER than spelling and grammer???????

I'm begging please! Help me out in that one part!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
...*ahem* The reason I didn't say anything about the plot itself was because I neglected to read it thouraghly enough to give a review on it. I just said what I saw first, and if you don't want to know your spelling and grammar need work, then specify.

This is about giving advice, and this is the place where we tell you how to make your plot better, and I told you how to make your plot better, and I did give you advice. Maybe someone else will read your plot and answer your question.

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Netta - I like it. There are only a few things that I'd like to ask. So, wait.

What is your mission in the digital world? To save the world from being taken over? What's in the digital world? What are some important places?

Something that a lot of people do with things like Naruto RPs is assume that every roleplayer knows everything about the show. When you say something like Digivice, make sure that the RPer knows exactly what you're talking about, and not faking their way through it.

Other than that, a fairly solid plot. The few gripes I have about it (A bit.. spontaneous, how you become digidestines, and the government scheme idea.) can be tolerated. Very nice, Netta. And like my esteemed colleaugue Bijou mentioned, make sure to just run your plot through a spell checker before posting.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
^^ Thank you Yoshi, and in the meantime...

Every pirate has a dream, be it to win the mysterious treasure of Gol D. Roger, to become the best at everything, or to simply become the greatest pirate on the 5 sea's, North Blue, East Blue, South Blue, West Blue, and the Grand Line, or just to hoard treasure and riches, these dreams never die. The Great Pirate Era has begun, and it's far from it's perish, even after a century since it's birth. One Piece has faded in and out of legend, myth, and folklore, having only been claimed by, and believed in, by the D's. One Piece has been claimed, spent, replenished, hidden, and found again, over and over until it disappeared entirely from many pirate's dream's, other ambition's driving them on. One Piece became the dream upon dreams, though a handful of pirate's still believed in this mystical treasure, spending most of their lives braving the Grand Line to claim and capture it for themselves! Each time, at the execution of the owner would announce to the world that One Piece was again, hidden, and up for grabs, stirring great turmoil's of celebration and unfurling a great many sail's.

As the Era of Pirates repeated itself over and over, One Piece grew larger and larger in aspects of how much treasure it hoarded from the great pirates who'd taken it for themselves. But, as I said, it disappeared entirely after the fifth owner hid it in a place only he himself had ever stepped foot in. Not even his crew knew where he'd hidden the treasure, and many of them perished, trying to find it. Now, in the time of the greatest prosperity and greatest value to anyone who may be a Pirate, the spur and dreams of One Piece are being roused again.

The mission?

Become the greatest Pirate King!!

"You won't find where I hid One Piece!" The Pirate King Monkey D. Luffy had grinned at the same spot Gol D. Roger had been executed, "I don't even remember where I hid it!"

~ + ~

Mission & Setting
The mission is to complete/achieve whatever dream your character can think of! Be it to find One Piece (Captain's default dream, sorry Captains.), to become the best of your profession, or to become the Pirate King (Another default,) you must achieve your dream before someone else does!! We'll start off in East Blue, and we'll take our time to sail past the Red Line into the Grand Line.

~ + ~

I will allow you to consume Devil Fruits, but trust me, if you try to refer to anything in the English Dub way, (Cursed Fruit, etc.) I'll boot you in a heartbeat. (I have very strong opinions on the Dub, so don't mess with me when it comes to the dub.) I'll be referring to everything in the Japanese Version, so if you're confused…well…that's what Wikipedia is for. I will choose whether you can use the Devil Fruit you've chosen, but I won't allow one's such as 'Goro Goro Fruit' because it's too godly. (Electricity, btw.)

Rules:
1) I will be VERY displeased if your character is a god-like figure. And I mean VERY. If I think you're character is too good for rookie pirate, I won't accept you, even if you re-do your sign-up, because more likely then not, the character will still have god-like traits as the RP progresses.
2) I will allow your character to consume two Devil Fruits, as long as you're okay with your first post describing how your character dies.
3) No duplicate Devil Fruits.
4) Japanese Dub references please and thank you.
5) There will be a 'three-strikes' system, and if you bug me or post too little or make things go ridiculously fast more then three times, I'll ask you to leave.
6) One Piece is my favorite anime series of all-time, and if you haven't noticed, I'm going to be a prick when it comes to people whom sign-up.
7) This RP is NOT for people who have never seen One Piece in their entire lives. If you wish to join, I suggest you start watching One Piece, from Episode 1 to the end of at least the Little Garden Arc, which is episode 77. Yeah.
8) I will make an OOC thread, in which update's will be posted, question's will be answered, and the like.
9) REAL Devil Fruit's please. I don't want any imagination hokey-pokey's.

Now, after the pleasant experience of reading those happy rules, let's move on to the sign-up, shall we?

Name:
Dream: (What is your character's ultimate goal/Why is he/she sailing the Grand Line?)
Pirate Crew: (Until one crew if filled up, with a Navigator, First Mate, Doctor, Shipwright, Chef, and Captain, then another one can be made. The name can be decided by the members of the crew anywhere you like, including the OOC thread.)
Position: (Chef, First Mate, Navigator, etc)
Personality:
Appearance: (Let's remember that we're pirates.)
History: (Include which Blue or Line you were born in, and if possible, where in that Blue/Line.)
Devil Fruit/Weapon:
Other:

Am I too strict? (Actually, I really don't care if I'm strict or not.) Is my grammar all botched up? Is there anything- anything at all that I can add to the plot?? (It's too short...) I repeated myself over and over in the plot, didn't I? Did I forget something in the sign-up? Should I add something to the rules? (Make them nicer?)

And, the questionair that I shall repeat again: Do you think anyone would even be interested in a One Piece RP? Er, I guess I should specify, is someone who's 100% literate interested?

Last edited:

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
OK, I have yet another idea for an RP which is called

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES​
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLOT
After sentries and sentries of peace and tranquility, evil began to rise in the very far off future. Thievery increased, as did fighting, and more people got hurt every day. As evil rose so did hope. Soon after the increase of evil, heroes began to rise. One hero was able to control time and space and the other hero was able to detect other heroes. These two heroes knew that they could not get rid of this evil that began to rise, on their own, so they went back in time where there were more people with powers. As they went back in time they found many heroes to help them and after they found a good amount of heroes to help, they went back to the future and battled evil every day and they even found new heroes as they fought evil. After months of fighting evil. The heroes all died do to the powers of one evil man who's name is still not known. But his power is known, which is to control life and death. And even now, he has gone into hiding while trying to form a new team of super villans. Many more people have now been finding out that they are capable of doing things that many can no do. They have now been relizing that because of the old heroes death's that they must have been given these abilitys for a reason because you can not have bad without good. So now the new heroes have been forming a team to fight off evil, knowing that evil will never die but they do know that they have to try to.

You play as a new found hero that joined the legion of super heroes trying to stop evil.

Character Sheet
Name:
Hero Name:
Description:
Personality:
Power: (Fallow this link to pick a power if you can't think of a power)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Legion_of_Super-Heroes_members
Home world/town:

So, what do you think of this?

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Umm... if all the canon heroes are dead, why include them? This roleplay needs a lot more in the way of plot... a LOT more. And obviously, there is no way to get rid of evil on your own- "All have sinned..."

Yeah, I'll stop there, before I get mauled for a religious reference. Anyway, hero people need a reason to exist... why do they have powers? Explain, please!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
o O;; Are you referring to mine, or Korinku's? (I'll assume it's Korinku's...) If you're giving advice, you might want to put Username: or something like that, so we know who, unless there's only one plot to discuss. ^^

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Bijou: Garbage. Absolute trash. Scrap it...

Hah. Just kidding. Probably a lot better than anything I could do.

Um.. what can I say about this...

I don't actually watch the show.. so what IS the One Piece? Is it a ship? A treasure hoard? A map? A single artifact? What exactly.. is it?

For some people, myself sometimes included, are turned off by the aspect of having to Wikipedia-ing the whole thing - Perhaps for things that are unclear to the story of the anime, but for simple things like the Devil Fruits, It probably should be easy enough to describe in a sentence or two, especially if it's part of the sign up sheet.

Unless you're making an RP for specifiically watchers of the show (some who may not know the Japanese terms for the certain aspects that you'd like.) then you might want to make an emphasis on explaining some of those aspects of the story, or at least linking to a place where they can read about it instead of "Wikipedia, N00BZ."

Plotwise, It's solid. I'm not sure what the "one piece" is, but other than that, i could probably find my way through it. Actually, what's the setting for the RP? Are all the RPers on the same ship, or are they independant?

Other than that, nice job, Bijou.

Korinku: Er.. it's very vague. It seems very spontaneous, and sort of predestined. I mean, what are the odds of there being only 2 super heroes, and they have the exact powers that allow them to go back in time and recruit heroes? I'd make there be a bit more drama to the story - it seems like it's just a line instead of a picture. It seems like that beginning part about the old heroes was obsolete - Make an aspect of that important! Artifacts, something like that. It has potential, but you need to make it seem a little more... "believeable."

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
God! WIKIPEDIA. NOOBZ. xDDD *Shot* Just kidding.

Thanks for the feedback, I'd better specify the mission and where/what we're doing. ^^;; I knew I was missing SOMETHING. As for the Devil Fruit, if you've even watched the first two episode's of One Piece, you'd know what it is. ^^;; But, I think I'll explain it anyway.

Mission & Setting
The mission is to complete/achieve whatever dream your character can think of! Be it to find One Piece (Captain's default dream, sorry Captains.), to become the best of your profession, or to become the Pirate King (Another default,) you must achieve your dream before someone else does!! We'll start off in East Blue, and we'll take our time to sail past the Red Line into the Grand Line.

Name:
Dream: (What is your character's ultimate goal/Why is he/she sailing the Grand Line?)
Pirate Crew: (Until one crew if filled up, with a Navigator, First Mate, Doctor, Shipwright, Chef, and Captain, then another one can be made. The name can be decided by the members of the crew anywhere you like, including the OOC thread.)
Position: (Chef, First Mate, Navigator, etc)
Personality:
Appearance: (Let's remember that we're pirates.)
History: (Include which Blue or Line you were born in, and if possible, where in that Blue/Line.)
Devil Fruit/Weapon:
Other:

I only posted what I added, because I don't want to clutter the entire place. ^^; How's that look? Oh, the Devil Fruit thing, riiight.

Wikipedia said:
They are said to be the fruit of the Sea Devil and that the secret to their power is hidden in the Grand Line. Because encounters with them are rare (especially outside the Grand Line) a number of rumours about them have risen making it difficult to tell whether some things are fact or fiction. The average person knows nothing or very little about what they are.

The Devil Fruit, when consumed, gives the consumer a power or special trait. There are more than 100 types of Devil Fruit, they come in different shapes, colors, and all Devil Fruits have swirl marks on them of some kind. Only one bite is needed for the power of a Devil Fruit to be yours, and after that, the Devil Fruit becomes a simple, useless, disgusting fruit. Although, it has been shown that you do not even need to bite or chew it. If you swallow it whole, as Buggy did, the effects are still the same.

There, that's a lot better then I could ever explain it. o o;; And, One Piece is the great 'Mystical Treasure', I'm pretty sure I said that, didn't I?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
o O;; Are you referring to mine, or Korinku's? (I'll assume it's Korinku's...) If you're giving advice, you might want to put Username: or something like that, so we know who, unless there's only one plot to discuss. ^^

Korinku's... I must have missed your plot somewhere. Sorry Bijou. (Yeesh, I can never take that name seriously... it sounds like one of those weird hamsters from that random anime that somehow made it onto the action-dominated toonami. >.<) Anyway, Korinku, I looked up "Heroes" on Wikipedia... the series to be precise. It was as I suspected... you are attempting to create a roleplay based on the series, are you not? *thunder flashes*

Okay... first of all, all of the old hero junk can be either scrapped or developed on. Your roleplay's only real plot is that some freak is running around dispatching poor little people with powers. What you need to do is explain where their powers come from, why they're so special, what their purpose is, where they are headed... you get the idea. I don't write superhero rps, so I have no advice to give you here. >.< Anyway, moving on...

Hmm... I'd love to join your roleplay as is, Bijou, but I have no clue what the Japanese references would be, as all I've ever done with One Piece is read the Viz manga translation.

Netta

Hikari Ko
Years
Bijou: You said you didn't read throughly on it? Than why the hell did you reply on my post if you're not going to read it.

To me that says one of two things. One you looked at it and said oh my God, there is no way I'm going to read through so much information, which translate into TOO much information. Or
Two, you were too lazy or didn't have time and decided to skim it and say work on spelling and grammer and they will be fit.

I don't mean to attack if I sound like I am, but I wanted people to read through what I wrote and give me information of weather or not I need to lesson it or put more into it. However, I do thank you for the spelling and grammer thing and for your little information about my idea.

YoshiRiRu: Thank you for your information, that was what I wanted to hear was weather someone like it or not, weather I needed to put more into it or not. Okay, so I need to put how one becomes a digidestined, what the goal is, and what is a digivice.

Well, those I can answer except for the last one. The only information I can give is a picture of what it looks like (which will be posted on my plot) and what it functions as. No one really knows according to what I've read what a digivice exactly is other than letting humans make digimon to digivolve to the next level. Which seems to be the main part of a digivice.

So, as for explaining what the digivice is, all I can do is put a picture up and it's functions. I'll put up the cards also. . . Maybe I should also add in what the card's name is and what it's function. That might help out more.

Thanks, I'll get started right away. Man this is probably going to be the most information about my rp than in the history of this forum rp. I don't think everyone will want to read the entire information, but you guys said it and I'll go with it as to weather or not people will be interested and join up will be determined.

In my opinion, I think haveing too much information to read through can cause people to say I'm interested, but I don't want to or read through such a long information.

Oh, another thing. There was someone who has posted a digimon rp and they didn't have as much information as I do. But than again it was invatation only and only could use regular digimon. Not created from your own mind. So I guess she/he didn't need to put up as much information about digimon as I have to because it's only ment for invite. Which means that she didn't need to post what a digivice looks like and only put the information of what it does. Anyways, I'll get on it like I said and we'll see if having too much information will attract people.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Bijou: You said you didn't read throughly on it? Than why the hell did you reply on my post if you're not going to read it.

To me that says one of two things. One you looked at it and said oh my God, there is no way I'm going to read through so much information, which translate into TOO much information. Or
Two, you were too lazy or didn't have time and decided to skim it and say work on spelling and grammer and they will be fit.

I don't mean to attack if I sound like I am, but I wanted people to read through what I wrote and give me information of weather or not I need to lesson it or put more into it. However, I do thank you for the spelling and grammer thing and for your little information about my idea.

YoshiRiRu: Thank you for your information, that was what I wanted to hear was weather someone like it or not, weather I needed to put more into it or not. Okay, so I need to put how one becomes a digidestined, what the goal is, and what is a digivice.

Well, those I can answer except for the last one. The only information I can give is a picture of what it looks like (which will be posted on my plot) and what it functions as. No one really knows according to what I've read what a digivice exactly is other than letting humans make digimon to digivolve to the next level. Which seems to be the main part of a digivice.

So, as for explaining what the digivice is, all I can do is put a picture up and it's functions. I'll put up the cards also. . . Maybe I should also add in what the card's name is and what it's function. That might help out more.

Thanks, I'll get started right away. Man this is probably going to be the most information about my rp than in the history of this forum rp. I don't think everyone will want to read the entire information, but you guys said it and I'll go with it as to weather or not people will be interested and join up will be determined.

In my opinion, I think haveing too much information to read through can cause people to say I'm interested, but I don't want to or read through such a long information.

Oh, another thing. There was someone who has posted a digimon rp and they didn't have as much information as I do. But than again it was invatation only and only could use regular digimon. Not created from your own mind. So I guess she/he didn't need to put up as much information about digimon as I have to because it's only ment for invite. Which means that she didn't need to post what a digivice looks like and only put the information of what it does. Anyways, I'll get on it like I said and we'll see if having too much information will attract people.

Spelling and grammar issues are a common problem amoungst RPers (Hell, even the best typo from time to time). However, the fact that she pointed it out is still valid. Nobody wants to RP with someone who makes posts that are a chore to read (excluding those people who have similar problems). I'd go into detail about issues with your plot, but everyone else has seemingly done that already for you.

Now, for the last paragraph in your post. You were making a reference to my RP, correct? I indeed have pictures of the Digivice models in there, and they can be seen by clicking on the name of the Digivice model. Please do not "jump the gun" as its said and make false accusations. I chose not to allow original Digimon to cut back on confusion between RPers, since most people prefer a visual aide when it comes to monsters and the like. Finally, it was invitational because I'd rather roleplay with those I trust when it comes to an RP I'd actually like to go far.

Oh, and I'm a he. That could have easily been discovered by briefly checking my profile.

O

Your Mom
Years
I was going to make a OP RP so here I come. Bijou, excellent idea. Make it now. :D

And I think you should be able to have a Devil Fruit and a Weapon, cause my Invisible fruit... You can't really do much by being invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back