• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    O: I never said you couldn't have both. ^^ And, I'll make it sometime, but probably not soon, because I'm really busy, and I kind of want to add a little more to the plot... It still pains me to look at how short it is... =_=

Art Critic Cubone: Viz translations are okay, I have those too. Just as long as it's not 4kids Dub. Cursed Fruit and Devil Fruit is what bugs me the most. >.< And a few freaky other dub things. Manga is a-okay, unless I tell you specifically to refer to it differently.

Netta: I did skim it, how else would I have been able to see the spelling error's? < <;; And, whether you meant it or not, I feel as though I was attacked, but that's perfectly fine with me, as I really don't care. I just won't review your plot's, and that way, you get advice you want, and I don't have to review it.

Origin: You spelled "amongst" wrong, unless I'm being stupid and non-european intelligent. Or unless I'm just being stupid. o o;;

...WIKIPEDIA. NOOBZ. Gawd. *shot* (Sorry, I just find that incredibly funny...*retard alert*)

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Guys, i was feeling a temptation to make another RP, its absed on Command & Conquer Generals. Its a computer game, but i have thought of a way to actually make it into a RP, i think. I don't want to pos tthe plot yet, i just wanted to know if you people thought it would eb a good idea.

But for those who don't have a clue on what C&C is; well, its a computer game based on i guess the war thats goign on right now >.< there are 3 sides: USA, China and the GLA (Global Liberation Army). USA and China of course are allies, where the GLA are like, the Iraqs. In the game, America is the most civilized etc, where it has the best of infantry, and highly advnaced planes and tanks. China is more WW2ish that uses massive amoutns of troops to overcome enemies, adn uses semi-modern tanks. The GLA use biochemical weapons adn stealth/demolition tactics.

The main idea of the plot is that you are one unit, and are lost adn meet up with other units, fromm all sides, and everyone is lost. Now, all the poeple are trying to get back to their bases, but they don't recognize the area. They travel through portals (just amde up to make it mroe interesting >.<) and stuff and find different regions (Ie. start in jungle, go through portal and end up in a Desert).

If you people think its a good idea than i'll make the plot, adn go as in depth as i can, i am welcoming criticism.. *of course* and stuff... and in the post, i'll explain all the different units that the RPers can be, adn what the units do etc.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • O: I never said you couldn't have both. ^^ And, I'll make it sometime, but probably not soon, because I'm really busy, and I kind of want to add a little more to the plot... It still pains me to look at how short it is... =_=

Art Critic Cubone: Viz translations are okay, I have those too. Just as long as it's not 4kids Dub. Cursed Fruit and Devil Fruit is what bugs me the most. >.< And a few freaky other dub things. Manga is a-okay, unless I tell you specifically to refer to it differently.

Netta: I did skim it, how else would I have been able to see the spelling error's? < <;; And, whether you meant it or not, I feel as though I was attacked, but that's perfectly fine with me, as I really don't care. I just won't review your plot's, and that way, you get advice you want, and I don't have to review it.

Origin: You spelled "amongst" wrong, unless I'm being stupid and non-european intelligent. Or unless I'm just being stupid. o o;;

...WIKIPEDIA. NOOBZ. Gawd. *shot* (Sorry, I just find that incredibly funny...*retard alert*)

See? Even I typo. And so do you, Bell. XD

More than one error is plural, so its errors, not error's. XD;

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • I don't think you need too much of a plot for a One Piece RP, because most of the story arcs in One Piece are just random ones.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years

I flounce off for a few days and everybody posts. Nyah, looks like I have my work cut out for me then, eh?

@Midnight_Dragon 249: This is your first? *Blinks* Woah, in that case you're off to a grand start. Don't worry too much about the bulk, it's a far better problem to have than not having enough to say (The common problem among our RPers). However, in order to make it look less intimidating, you could try two measures:

1. Increase the amount of pargraphs. Every time you start on a new subject, make a new paragraph for it. Sure, it will still be huge, but it won't look (or feel) as overwhelming if it's a cluster of three- or four-line paragraphs as opposed to several thick walls of writing. It's a psychological thing.

2. Put some of the extra details at the end within spoiler tags. That is, the information that isn't crucially important for making an appropriate sign-up. Again, this will make the RP look smaller and less intimidating. I think it's awesome that you've put so much time and effort into creating a whole RP world, all you need to do is put a little extra thought into the presentation of it so that you can have your audience nicely addicted before they realize the full extent of what they've gotten themselves into. ^^

@Netta: Ehh...yeah, what YoshiRiRu said. I'm not familiar with the Digimon series so your digivices and mega levels are all greek to me. You lashing out on Bijou was uncalled for, though, because she actually gave you some very useful advice. Not everyone has the time and energy (or correct background information) to provide an in-depth explanation of everything that is and isn't okay with your plot (To illustrate: I, as I mentioned, don't know Digimon at all, which is why I don't feel qualified to comment on the plot beyond aesthetical things like grammar and spelling) but grammar and spelling are very important for making your plot look professional (Not to mention that a typo in the thread title can be a downright disaster) so instead of whining about what she didn't say, why don't you try to learn from what she did say? -.-

@Bijou: You-you've got an apostrophe in the plural form of sail! *Points at the end of the first paragraph* How dare you? You've disgraced the whole RP section with your unscrupulous grammar! xO

Just kidding of course (Although that grammatical error is still there and should be fixed). ^^ As for the plot itself...well, it's kind of hard to write that much when you're basing the whole thing on an existing anime (Hence why I tend to avoid plots of that kind) and adding a whole lot of background information would only attract the kind of RPers that you said you don't want (Those less familiar with One Piece). Aye, it's a dilemma, it is, all I can suggest is reference links to the correct terminology (As opposed to the dub one) and maybe creating something a bit more...binding in terms of a plotline. Personal freedom is all well and good, but it tends to leave all but a core group of RPers standing confused and unoccupied on the sidelines and the lack of a central plot (One that is shared by all concerned) tends to make progress difficult at best, but if you believe you have the skills for it (Which I think you do ^^) then by all means, go for the free format. Me, I'll stick to keeping my RPers on a leash so I can yank them along as necessary. *Is a complete control freak* xD

@Korinku: If you didn't have a proper idea to begin with, then there's not that much point in posting, you know. We're here to help, but we're not going to do you work for you. :\ As for the plot, where on earth did the two first heroes pop out from? (As I recall, getting the power to control time isn't exactly normal) How does someone who can control time (And, hence, could just freeze every opponent into place and finish them off) get defeated and why does a super-villain who can kill anyone he/she bloody well pleases need to go into hiding (Or gather up a team), especially when he/she has just killed every hero in existence? This doesn't make much sense, you know, and let's not even go into the kind of horrible historical issues that time travel implies (You know, someone born with super powers would most probably have a serious impact on what happens in the world, and just surgically removing and exporting these heroes would severly alter the space-time continum and probably create a paradox which would tear the whole thing apart) and your complete lack of setting. Where and when does this take place? How do these heroes know what needs to be done and how did they find each other? Why doesn't the big bad guy just kill off the whole lot of them and be done with it? You've got a whole lot to work on if you want this one to work.

@Killer-Swift: Ehh...that plot idea is a bit too random for my tastes (Never been big on the whole humans at war concept either). You can't just have magical teleportation portals of doom popping up for no apparent reason, and in the context of a global war, the RP characters themselves would be hopelessly insignificant. (Unless we want to go into the whole clichéd American war heroes concept, but I for one have had quite enough of that) Besides, wars are nasty...very nasty, in fact, so unless you want to completely warp the image of the thing you'll end up with a very high PG-tag to boot. Besides, this kind of war thing is rather political and could offend people (Especially portraying Americans as the great good guys against the stereotypically evil GLA people), so no, I don't really recommend going down that road. :\

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew, I think that's all of them. I didn't miss any of you, right? If I did, just give me a holler. ^^ I'm actually working on a plot myself (Which I hope to release in celebration of my newfound liberty once my schoolwork is over and done with for the year), but I have a terrible shortage of names, so I can't post it yet. (I suck at names, particularly for countries and suchlike T_T) Oh well, another day, I guess. ^_^

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    *gaspeth!!*

*hide's face behind Hunter-Nin mask in shame* Darn those apostrophes!! <--Bet I did that wrong too...>.<

*stabs the stupid three or four pixeled things.* (Watch me typo the apostrophes ALL over this post. xDD)

Anyway, I think I'll add a link for the Devil Fruit, because that way, it's a lot easier for people who haven't watched er... nearly as far as I have... *shot* To see the other crazy and exotic Devil Fruit in the One Piece world. ^^ That is a good idea. That way, I can shoot the quote, but I might keep it there anyway...

Yeah, the more binding thing on the plot was what I was waiting and looking for (I'm not exactly in-control, though I'm a control-freak. =.=) But I suppose O's right, I'll just stick with what I've got and see where it get's me.

*adds a rule*

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • @Killer-Swift: Ehh...that plot idea is a bit too random for my tastes (Never been big on the whole humans at war concept either). You can't just have magical teleportation portals of doom popping up for no apparent reason, and in the context of a global war, the RP characters themselves would be hopelessly insignificant. (Unless we want to go into the whole clichéd American war heroes concept, but I for one have had quite enough of that) Besides, wars are nasty...very nasty, in fact, so unless you want to completely warp the image of the thing you'll end up with a very high PG-tag to boot. Besides, this kind of war thing is rather political and could offend people (Especially portraying Americans as the great good guys against the stereotypically evil GLA people), so no, I don't really recommend going down that road. :\

Ok, i get your point, i'll stya away from that >.> but tis a fun game, so i thought i could've tried to amke an RP on it, but you brought up a good point -- so i'll stay away from that... thanks man XD

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Art Critic Cubone: Viz translations are okay, I have those too. Just as long as it's not 4kids Dub. Cursed Fruit and Devil Fruit is what bugs me the most. >.< And a few freaky other dub things. Manga is a-okay, unless I tell you specifically to refer to it differently.

You mean like turning Sanji's cigarette into a lollipop? I saw one anime dub- dang, I couldn't pay attention to the rest of the episode after that. I was like "NO! THAT'S A CIGARETTE! SANJI DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A SWEET TOOTH!". I dread what they might have done to edit out Zoro's wounds after fighting "Hawk-Eye" Mihawk... "Oh, my wounds are reopenining... but you can't see the blood because mine is inexplicably invisible!" And "Cursed Fruit"? That's just dumb...

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    You mean like turning Sanji's cigarette into a lollipop? I saw one anime dub- dang, I couldn't pay attention to the rest of the episode after that. I was like "NO! THAT'S A CIGARETTE! SANJI DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A SWEET TOOTH!". I dread what they might have done to edit out Zoro's wounds after fighting "Hawk-Eye" Mihawk... "Oh, my wounds are reopenining... but you can't see the blood because mine is inexplicably invisible!" And "Cursed Fruit"? That's just dumb...

Yeah, if anyone say's "Sanji's Lollipop" I'll give 'em something to pop about. =_= No, no, no, it's "Oh, my wounds are reopening... but you can't see the blood because I'm really not that badly hurt...because it'd be traumatic if little kids saw me bleeding all over Johnny and Yosaku."

x_x No offense to any poor soul who likes the dub and hasn't seen the beasting Japanese dub. o o;;; No offense there too. *shot*

Right, anyway, enough bashing of the Nasty, I've added all my changes to the original post with my plot, so tell me how it looks now. ^^

Netta

Hikari Ko
    Years
  • Spelling and grammar issues are a common problem amoungst RPers (Hell, even the best typo from time to time). However, the fact that she pointed it out is still valid. Nobody wants to RP with someone who makes posts that are a chore to read (excluding those people who have similar problems). I'd go into detail about issues with your plot, but everyone else has seemingly done that already for you.

Now, for the last paragraph in your post. You were making a reference to my RP, correct? I indeed have pictures of the Digivice models in there, and they can be seen by clicking on the name of the Digivice model. Please do not "jump the gun" as its said and make false accusations. I chose not to allow original Digimon to cut back on confusion between RPers, since most people prefer a visual aide when it comes to monsters and the like. Finally, it was invitational because I'd rather roleplay with those I trust when it comes to an RP I'd actually like to go far.

Oh, and I'm a he. That could have easily been discovered by briefly checking my profile.

I wasn't jumping the gun. I was saying that why do I have to go into great detail with my plot when yours isn't as "big detail" as mine is. That was what I was getting at. I wasn't saying that you're plot sucks or anything, I was mainly pointing out that my rp has way more details than yours and I also said that since you only want it to be with other's you know, I would understand as to why you wouldn't need to go into great detail.

But not all of us are like you. I don't know or trust anyone in rp because I don't chat much with others. I mean look at what it says near my signature down at the bottom where it lists friends. It says I don't have any yet.

And I know why I don't which is fine by me. All I was refering was that you didn't need to go all out in info because you rp with people probably on you're friend list and they KNOW what digimon is and what not.

Since mine is not for my friends, as I don't have any yet! I have it open, but because of that, I have to go in great detail. THat was mainly what I was pointing out.

I admire that you are doing a digimon rp, but it's not my thing. I don't want to rp with the normal digimons that are on the digidex. No, mine goes far beyond to using your own imagination, creating your own made up digimon and human and using them in rp. Thus the term FDD. So please don't jump on me because I made a refrence to you're rp. I didn't mean any disrespect by it.

Netta

Hikari Ko
    Years
  • O: I never said you couldn't have both. ^^ And, I'll make it sometime, but probably not soon, because I'm really busy, and I kind of want to add a little more to the plot... It still pains me to look at how short it is... =_=

Bijou: I didn't mean to attack you if that was what it sounded like. I was saying that you shouldn't just skim someone's plot and say needs to be worked on with just spelling and grammer. What I was trying to say was you should read the entire thing rather than just skimming it over. If I wanted it skimmed, I would have said it. I'm sorry if I did sound like I was attacking you. It was not my intent. And yes I know we all make mistakes big deal.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Please do not double post Netta. I'll thank you to drop the subject now.

Netta

Hikari Ko
    Years
  • Okay Bijou, I'll stop. And guys, please don't mind me. I can be a real hot head. Okay a you know what hot head. ^_^ I think I'll drop out from my rp plot.

There is too much information that I would have to go into about Digimon and I know there are people out there that don't want to know the explaination of digimon. Unless I make it for digimon fans only. Hey, that's it. My rp will be for only digimon fans only. That way they know what I'm talking about when it comes to what Digimons are and what the levels do and attacks and what nots.

I really do thank you all for your comments. Even when I whine about only wanting to have information other than just. . . Well you know. Grammer. Anyways, Sorry if I stepped on your toes. I'll even kiss them for you all if you want. I'll make the boo boo I made go away. *giggles*

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Bijou... I just went through the trouble of reading every danged wikipedia article about One Piece that I could find, just to get a better idea of the series. Create the rp. I'm tired of waiting.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hmm, if you're tired of waiting, then you should probably do or elaborate on your sign-up yes? Considering you do have the sign-up sheet at hand, and the finished plot, yes? Well, I might post it sometime today. We'll see, but you're not in the position to be ordering me to post it up, because that'll only make it go slower. And I'm glad you read every danged article wikipedia had, must've taken you a few day's to do that. < <;;

And so, you'll have to wait a little longer. Patience, young grasshoppah. *shot*

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • And so, you'll have to wait a little longer. Patience, young grasshoppah. *shot*

Curses...

Hmm, if you're tired of waiting, then you should probably do or elaborate on your sign-up yes? Considering you do have the sign-up sheet at hand, and the finished plot, yes? Well, I might post it sometime today. We'll see, but you're not in the position to be ordering me to post it up, because that'll only make it go slower. And I'm glad you read every danged article wikipedia had, must've taken you a few day's to do that. < <;;

Already have- elaborated, I mean. I've got a captain, but my crew keeps changing because I get bored so I scrap one and create a few others. And as for reading Wikipedia, it actually only took me two hours to read all articles necessary to rp, including character bios for all main characters. It did take me a few days, but only because I kept getting called away from the computer. *is struck by lightning for bragging*

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    o o;; Hmm, maybe I should specify:

Each RPer has one character (or two) who is apart of one universal crew. Like, one RPer is the captain, the other is the navigator, the other is the shipwright, and so on...o o;;

...And, maybe I should clarify that the Hiso Hiso Fruit, Navigator, Doctor, and Awa Awa Fruit Is reserved. ^^;; (Animal talking fruit and the Soap/Bubbles Fruit if you're too lazy to look it up.)

So, you shouldn't have an entire crew in tow, unless you've got a two man crew...which...wouldn't work...

And, I thought you meant ALL the article's. I was about to say, 'Even I haven't read all the article's...'

I'm making the OOC thread now so we don't SPAM this place up. >.<

Last edited by a moderator:

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • OK, I came up with something else that I actually gave some thought too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dragon riders

Long ago in a far off land called Formera, dragons were aloud to be tamed and breeded. But soon, after two years of peace, a war broke between Formera and an evil village called Zalerame, who set out to catch all dragons and harness their power which could enhance magic extremely. Both enemy's used their very own dragons in this war and after one year, Formera conquered Zalerame and saved the dragons. But, because of what these dragons caused, Formera set out to lower the population of dragons and only kept dragons used for the army, dragons used for the police and dragons that lived in the wild and were not able to be caught. Some people did not hand over their dragons and kept them. Because of doing this, those people had to go into hiding, for the police were sent out to airest anyone in the possession of dragon without the permission of Rora, the king of Formera. After days without Zalerame causing trouble, word had broke that Zalerame had returned from the ashes and was more powerful than ever. The king then sent his army back into war but because of the decrease of dragons, Formera was weaker. Now, the people who kept dragons without permission are going into the war to help their army but without the king or anyone else knowing. But little do they don't know what they are in for. Because what no one else knows is that Zalerame is actualy after all the dragons and an ancient dragon egg that never hatched. Inside it was a bady dragon that was able to control minds and if Zalerame gets the egg, they can use the power inside it to control the minds of others.​

You will play as either one of the people with an illegal dragon or you will play as an army member of Zalerame (A.K.A. bad guys).

-Class's-
    Archer
    Wizard/witch
    Swordsman
    Normal citizen

-Types of Dragons-
    Electricity:Semona:
    Yellow_Dragon.jpg

An electric dragon is pretty hard to defeat because of it's body. If something or someone were to touch the dragon, he/she would get shocked. the only way to mount such a beast is if it trusts you enough. The dragon can even control were the spots on it's body will electricute something. This dragons biggest weakness is ruber for the dragon's electricity would bounce off it. This dragon flys almost at the speed of sound but a little slower than that. This dragon also shoots electricity out of it's mouth.

Ice:Morshane:
    RipTide.jpg

The ice dragon can be found in an ice cave in the north. This dragon can breath ice and make ice come out of it's scales. This dragons main weakness is fire because the fire can melt the ice this dragon creats. Another ability of this dragon is to turn water into ice .

Fire:Calmere:
    Gal_BlackDragonOnRocks.jpg

This dragon can breath fire. This dragon is very good at flight, it's main weakness's are water and ice

Water (A.K.A. sea dragon):Liquarda:
    1159071406_sicedragon.jpg

This dragon is mostly in water sawing , it is a pretty slow at flight and can shoot water from it's mouth. It's weakness is ice and electricity.

Wind:Blora:
    ice_dragon_2.gif

This dragon control were wind blows and how hard it blows. it is the most fastest dragon known of at flight. It's weakness is electricity.

-Character sheet-
    Name:
    Description:
    Personality:
    Class:
    Dragon:
    Weapon:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So, what do you guys think of this?

Last edited:

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
    Years
  • Heh, I like it, but I think you should let the RPers choose the dragon names. (IMHO 'Blorax' is weird.) I'm not a very good person to do a full review though. My attention span is shorter than a gnat's. But I do love dragons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back