• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olha

Young Priestess Tamer
Years
  • Korinku,

I would be interested in your role play of Dragon Riders, but I want to know what could the dragons look like. Do they have four limbs or six? Do you want them to be any kind of dragon drawing out there? What is the dragons weak spot? Are they armored both above and below with a single scale open like in the Hobbit or are they vulnerable underneath like other's have claimed? Everyone has their own ideah of what a dragon's weak and strong spots are and I think you should say what you want the dragon's weakness to be so that there is no argueing during the rp.

I hope I am helping and not stepping the boundary line.

Netta,

I have seen the FDD sites you are talking about and think it is great that you are trying to come up with one. I would be very very interested in that rp as I have a few of my own created digimon I would love to use with my own character. But I see where you are coming from in your arguement. I think Jenn's FDD site is sweet and I hope you will put out the rp soon. With that said, I will say for you to be more of your own origional. Using the shows as a refrense is great, but not all have seen Digimon. I also think you should come up with your own evolution step too. Look at the different shows. Digimon Adventure had crests, Adveture Zero Two had Armors and DNA. Digimon Tamers had biomerging with humans and Digimon Frontier had humans digivolve into digimon through the process of finding an armor spirit. I do like how you changed the crest into the card and it is a little origional, but not as good as it could be.

Again I hope I'm not stepping on boundary lines.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • @ Korinku: Meh, that plot is riddled with linguistic errors (E.g. 'Aloud' instead of 'allowed') and not all of it is making sense. I mean, why would these dragon owners want to help out a king who has prosecuted them thus far? I think a bit of explanation on that would be in order. You should also work on your exposition, the plot is written in a very choppy way and jumps from one thing to the other, a bit more logical development and structuring would go a long way to improve it. Furthermore, the descriptions of the dragon types are very bare and the huge pictures (Which obviously aren't your original art) give the RP a very amateurish apperance. I'd really recommend describing the physical characteristics of each species in proper written detail rather than just slapping on a picture. Electricity does not "bounce of" rubber, by the way, rubber simply doesn't conduct it and I don't really see rubber as such a big issue for a huge monstrosity with sharp claws and teeth which could rend it to pieces so easily. :\ Finally, the character classes have just been lobbed there without any explanation whatsoever. That's not cool, not everyone knows what form witchcraft takes in your world for instance, does it differ from wizardry? How does magic work in that world and how do dragons enhance it (And indeed, why would they do so?)? A lot of things in your plot seem very rushed and that will cause serious problems and confusion once the plot develops further, so I'd suggest clearing up those issues now. A pinch of prevention is worth a pound of cure, you know.

Ehh...hope it didn't sound like I just bit your head off or anything. ^^

That aside, I've actually got a plot of my own that I'd like to get comments on. It's a vaguely christmas-related one in the pokémon genre (Notice how all of the plots thus far have fallen under 'Other Roleplay'?). I've already gotten some initial comments on it, but the more the merrier so rate away.

Spoiler:

I wrapped it in 'spoiler' tags because it's...how do you say...vertically gifted. Yes, I think that term will do. xD

Last edited:

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Alter: Er.. This is really hard. I don't know how to criticize your RP's. They're just really good. The only thing that leaves me a bit troubled is the sort of lack of direction. I don't see any real objective. I mean, okay, we're in this town in this freezing place, so what? The Ice Giant legend sort of addresses that aspect, but it seems like the "only a legend" thing, which is to be brought out if things start to get monotonous. I'm really splitting hairs here, trying to y'know, find someway to criticize it. Very well written, as usual. Good job!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • @YoshiRiRu:Nyah, about the lack of direction thing...pfiffle...how to answer this without spoiling my game? Ah...I know...spoiler tags to the rescue! ^^

Spoiler:

I sure love my spoiler tags. For those who didn't check them (As if you all didn't jump on the chance) I've got plans to counter any aimlessness. Anyone who's RPed with me in charge will tell you that I'm too much of a control freak not to prod my RPers along the right track. xD Thanks for commenting. ^^

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Hmmm... I'm back, and I'm just as evil as before. Meh, but I missed the sign-up date for the One Piece RP due to someone else taking my character's devil fruit, school, and working on my humour fic. I'm also a bit lazy feeling at the moment... but I'll commment!

Korinku: Needs way more depth. Waaayyy more depth. Why the heck are dragons obeying people if they were "captured"? Why the heck did whatsisface want to control the dragon population if they need more dragons? By the way, I agree with AE... "rubber" is not a good weakness. Well, unless somebody were to join as Monkey D. Luffy... but why anyone would do that is beyond me.

Alter_Ego: I bow to your superior roleplay skills! CREATE IT! CREATE IT! CREATE- *is shot with dart by literacy cops* Dang... gotta learn to control my caps lock angst.

And, I thought you meant ALL the article's. I was about to say, 'Even I haven't read all the article's...

I just finished. Heh, heh....

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    CAPS LOCK IS WIN.

*shoots the caps lock button*

Anywhooooo Alter! (I do think I'll call you Alter. Do you care if I call you Alter?): Yeah, seriously what Yoshi said, x_x *Darn you and your ph33r skills!* Umm, it says wake up or arrive in Alvene, and also "State a reason to be there". Would that include 'I live there'? xD Or are people not allowed to live in Eseka or Alvene in general? That's something that was tugging at the hem of my skirt while I read. I might be repeating what Yoshi said, but yeah, there doesn't seem to be much conflict revealed in the plot itself, other then people are forgetting the legend or the such. Perhaps you could describe what Alvene looks like in general? Like, is it a modern super high-tech place, a barbaric place with the houses still made of twigs and straw, or just like your normal Pokemon Town iced with snow?

Yeah, after about ten minutes of straining, that's about all that I can squeeze out that might possibly be wrong with your plot. xD I dunno if you said this already or not (might've missed it) but is Eseka an island? That's the impression I'm under anyway. ^^

So yeah! And Art Critic, I'm still accepting LSU's if you want, you just can't be apart of the crew yet. You can be a freelance though. ^^ Discuss this with me in the OOC thread if you have any more questions.

Korinku: I'll join as Monkey D. Luffy!! *shot* *Bullet stretch arm and richochets* *...stabbed* Those dragons are nice and all, and I know it's a pain to describe things like Alter Ego suggested, even though it's probably the most effective way, you could...A) Do what Alter said, B) Look up different dragon types on an encyclopedia website and simply assign certain colors to them, or C) Make those images into links, because links are cleaner the IMG tags, even if they take longer to do. ^^

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • @Art_Critic_Cubone: Learning control indeed, put those big caps down right now, you might hurt someone. My planned release date is the 22nd of December, since that's when school ends, so you'll just have to hold your Horseas until then. ^_~ *Shot for lame pokémon metaphor*

@Bijou: Nyah, Alter is fine. In fact, I'm okay with every abbrevation or general wrangling of my username except for Ego. *Is waiting to see who the first smart-alec around here is* (< This comment will make sense if what I suspect will occur) But yeah, it's true that the resident thing could be clearer. I don't mind locals (Heck, I'll be playing one myself xD), so they're all well and good (Although having a completely local cast would be a bit too much). As for Alvene...well, I already mentioned that all cities in the region are of pretty average modernity (Yes, they have running water, electricity and whatnot) and any description of the town in particular that I tried to put in just made the plot look...awkward somehow. o.O I'll go into detail about Alvene's appearance in my starting IC anyway, so yish. Finally, Eseka is a region in itself, so I'd say either a big island (Since it does have two mountain ranges on it) or a smallish continent. Not quite Hoenn size, but still pretty big. Ehh...maybe I need to clarify the region description a bit.

Anyways, thanks for the comments and encouragement, everyone. It really does help. ^^

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
  • Dragons and the capturing of them seems a tad cliche to me.

I mean, not that cliche is neccessarily bad, but I'm constantly trying to find some other avenue to use Dragons that isn't cliche.

Are there any good, original methods of Dragon use in a plot? Or have all avenues been used up?

I ponder this...

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • OOC: One of several brainchild's I've been working on, this is pretty much a combination of tons of tiny role-play ideas I've had over the last few months, and super glued them all together. I'd like any constructive criticism, but right now, I'm working on refining the story and trying to think of plot events.

All the lands of the humankind were peaceful from recorded history, with only minor border skirmishes from time to time to hint at human nature, and only the best relation with the golden elves of the southern seas. Before I begin with our tale, perhaps a bit of information on the homeland of humans would be in order.

The Continent, each called by various names by each country, is divided into a number of basic regions. The northern range is vastly inhospitable mountains, perceived to be barren of all but the most hardy, and simple of life. And for the most part, this mountain range extends down the western border of the land, all the way to the coast, providing a highly effective defense.

On the southernmost border of the Northern Range, A species of human has clung to life where most claim it to be impossible, with a mixture of their magic and science. The "High" Humans, "Ascended" Humans, and "Angels" as they are variously called have an advanced, if slightly racist society, these beings as fair, and as noble as elves are reputed to be, but with a rare gift. They're great, nearly oversized wings allowing for flight through the sky itself, though making conventional travel slightly more tedious, compared to other human races.

Occupying the greatest space of the land, the Empire of humanity exists all along the great plains, and mighty forests. These are the humans that you and I know. They had formed a great and benevolent empire, spanning the cities, ports, and settlements all across the massive expanses of land, and to the great eastern Sea.

The southern lands are considered by some to be the most exotic, but also the harshest in their ways. In the southwest, there is a relatively small nation, with no official name, or government. They are simply referred to as "Dragon folk" Or "People of the Dragon" Or any number of kind and unkind comparisons between them, and the magical creatures. They are fiercely territorial, and obviously have a great deal of secrets to keep. As one time, you may visit the land of the Dragon, and find a desert range there, and two years later, you could come back to the same spot, and find yourself in a jungle. The dragon people protect their secrets as a dragon does it's hoard.

Lastly, starting at the eastern edge of the southern area of the continent, but swelling out to envelope the entire southern area, the Southern Reaches is but one mass of deserts, ranging from rocky, to white sand dunes. The people of this land are unique, ranging from nearly Elvin in appearance, to human, to the bestial two-legged cat. From what would seem a house cat like any other, apart form its startling intelligence, and sharp tongue, to the massive war tigers of the South. the Ohmes are as various as the imagination itself, their form depending on a number of factors relating to the weather, the stars, moon phases, the time of year, and many other factors, creating a nigh-infinitely complex system that is rarely understood outside of Ohmes civilization. These people have no true strict government, but seem largely uninterested in the rest of the world at large, focusing on making their way on their own.

Now, with that out of the way, a minor explanation of recent events. Recently, within the Empire, a small group of knights, no larger than four had managed to pay a relatively minor wizard to send them into one of the many planes outside of our world. In their search for holy relics, they lingered longer than the spell could hold, and no longer anchored to any dimension, they were as flies within a whirlwind, caught up in travel through Time and Space, Existence and Ether.It was two years when the knights found their way to their homeland. And they were deeply changed for their experiences. The Knights of the Thorn were now the Knights of Ebony Sky. they were completely colorless, aside from their apparel, which was a bright, disconcerting maroon.

Moreover, they were no longer human. Where the Knights had been but normal people they came back nearly immortal. Their somehow could resist magicka of all kinds, and were imbued in body, mind, and soul with great prowess, seemingly becoming demigods. Worse than that, was their ability to spread. Overnight, more and more people became the same sort as the knights, and they quickly became the "Arm of the Empire" though it was the empire itself that had been subdued. And thus, they set forth, grimly executing their idea of "justice" upon the people, and those who did not agree with such ideas never lived long enough to voice more than a protest. Resistances in many places set up, but there isn't any force than can hold out within the empire against these foes for long.

It is our newfound duty, as a group of travelers, merchants, warriors, mages, whatever you fancy yourself to be, as one of the humans, Ohmes, or Angels within the empire to seek the aid of the other nations in purging the empire of these malevolent occupiers, before they can threaten all of humankind.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    This may possibly be the longest RP plot I've ever written- and the one that took the longest, ironically. (Sarcasm on the ironically.) There's something about it that just bothers me. Maybe it's the lack of a base or a sturdy plot (Or maybe it's the canon characters...) but I dunno what's wrong with it. I'd love some help on it. ^^ Or maybe it's the useless information on The Shinigami Academy. I dunno, I kept changing my mind, because I wanted a Shinigami Academy RP, but I also wanted us to fight real Hollows and use Zanpakutoh's with names...

Bleach: The Mastermind [Not yet Rated]
    -------------------------------

The Shinigami Academy. A place full of proud histories, different people, and successful shinigami students. For many years, and hopefully more to come, this academy was left peaceful as compared to the rest of Seireitei, with a few nasty incidents on field work that were all handled professionally and properly. Souls from all the different Rukongai, and souls that resided in Seireitei flocked to this school, to learn Kidou, demon arts, Zanjutsu, swordsmanship, and sometimes even Hakuda, hand-to-hand combat and Hohou foot combat. All of these souls flocked to become Shinigami, battling hollows and working their way up the ranks, into Gotei 13. It is our dearest pleasure to welcome you to this school, and we hope that you will help us uphold the reputation of the Shinigami Academy.

For spirits newer to Soul Society's references, we have assembled a number of definitions you will need to know for the future of your occupation here at our prestiged academy.

Shinigami: Shinigami are purely spiritual beings. As such they can only be seen by other spiritually aware entities, which excludes most humans. Shinigami naturally give off spiritual force (reiatsu), which varies greatly in magnitude with the strength of the shinigami. Travel between the human world and Soul Society is extremely limited and monitored, but some shinigami are stationed in the human world to carry out their duties, and therefore must often travel between the two. In addition, it is a crime for a shinigami to remain in the human world longer than a certain time limit. A shinigami's duties include leading Pluses (ghosts) to Soul Society in a practice called soul burial (konsō), and the cleansing of hollows (evil spirits).

Hollows: A hollow is a plus spirit that has lost its heart, and is driven to devour others (both living and dead) to fill that void. Starting out as a standard human ghost, the transformation into a hollow warps the ghost into a uniquely monstrous form, though all hollows wear a vaguely skeletal mask and have an obvious hole in their bodies. Any Plus spirit that is not guided to Soul Society by a shinigami may eventually descend into a hollow. The process normally takes months or years as the Chain of Destiny slowly corrodes, reflecting the warping of the ghost's ties to the living world. However, the process may be accelerated under certain conditions (such as the attack of another hollow or through the use of certain spiritual powers).

Zanpakutou: Most zanpakutō in their sealed form look like katanas, but the shape and form varies by the person. Zanpakutō are not just weapons, but also sentient beings. They are a shinigami's partner in battle and while they can regenerate if broken, they cannot be replaced. As a shinigami gains power, the zanpakutō can change form by allowing the inner being to manifest itself to a greater degree in the outside world. The sword and the inner being are synonymous to each other. It has also been revealed that since zanpakutō are created with the shinigami, they also tend to have a personality based on their owners. Zanpakutō are used to fight hollows and other shinigami as well as to liberate or help pluses ascend to Soul Society.

For as long as time, Hollows have been bad, and Shinigami have been good. Hollows, were the evil spirits that wreaked havoc, and Shinigami, were the spirits who stopped them. Shinigami resided in Soul Society, Seireitei to be exact, and Hollows, in Hueco Mundo.

We give you our sincerest thanks and wish you a wonderful six years here at The Shinigami Academy.

---------------------------------

This roleplay takes place 30 years after the events of Bleach. For unexplainable reasons, a surplus of Hollows have been appearing, all of them as powerful as the next. You are apart of the 6th round of students in the Shinigami academy, and apart of a number of students who have shown exemplary skills and abilities. Due to the greater number of Hollows as compared to the Shinigami, you are asked on various missions while still keeping up with your work as a 6th round student. You are currently at the lowest level of Shinigami, unable to call your Zanpakutoh's name just yet, but still powerful enough to stand against regular Hollows.

---------------------------

Rules:
    1) At least three posts before you learn your Zanpakutoh's name.
    2) If I decline you, don't bother editing. You're declined, end of story.
    3) This is mean, I'm sorry, but I can't RP comfortably with certain members, therefore, you will be declined regardless, unless I absolutely adore your sign-up. (Not likely. 0.000001% chance of happening.)
    4) FOLLOW PC RULES FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD.
    5) Original Zanpakutou's, I beg of you. I don't want any Zangetsu's or Wabisuke's or Zabimaru's or whatever.
    6) Unlike my One Piece RP, I do not require you to know a bunch of crap for this RP. As long as you read-up a fair amount on Wiki, enough so that you don't trip all over yourself during the RP, you may join.

--------------------------------

Sign-up Form:

Name:
    Appearance: [Both Human world appearance and Soul Society Appearance.]
    History: [I don't really care about this part, but include where you came from. Rukongai [#] or Seireitei.]
    Personality:
    Race: [You are exempt from the rule against Bounts if you are not apart of the number of Shinigami. If you are a Bount, then please change 'Zanpakutoh' to 'Doll'. You are also allowed to be an Arrancar, which is technically the villian. If you are an Arrancar, your Zanpakutoh will not have a name, Ability, nor an Appearance of the entity your Zanpakutoh represents.]
    Zanpakutoh: [Name/Ability/Appearance/Appearance of the entity your Zanpakutoh represents.]
    Powers(?):
    Other:
    Roleplay Sample: [I will ask you to post one if I am unsure of your abilites. Otherwise, feel free to ignore this.]

Last edited:

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • NEW YEARS RP
    Naruto
    Akatsuki and Orichimaru's plan​

Spoiler:

Name:*
    Personality: (Optional)
    Description:*
    Abilitys:* (What you specialize in)
    Starting techniques:* (You will start with clone technique, Cloak of invisibility technique, Body replacement technique technique, and Rope escape technique.)
    Kekkei genkai: (Optional)
    Pet: (Optional)

Last edited:

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
  • Whee! Review time!
    ●●●●
    Bijou: Well, one thing that I absoulutely LOVE is the rules. You get rid of the bad role-players and all that jazz. I would definately join the role-play, I even know a lot about Bleach too, to make it easier. Your plot for the role-play is pretty interesting, but a bit confusing. So the first part is fighting all the Hollows, and later maybe take down Aizen and his groupies? ● hates Aizen so much, though Gin is not in this hating circle, I think I'm day dreaming and rambling now ● You gave the ones new to Bleach an overview of what they need to know and it'll go to more experienced 'Bleach-ness" sign-ups.

Something about is disturbs me too; its probably the plot, not enough detail on what we'll do after we take down the Hollows.
    ●●●●
    Korinku: I have some questions for the plot; why would they take Orochimaru right away? Orochimaru betrayed Akatsuki and in episode 135, They were distincly planning on killing Orochimaru. And why would Deidara and Tobi laugh? I get Tobi, but my Dei~kun wouldn't laugh in his Akatsuki-ish life. And also, what is the basic plot? I know that we are academy students, but what are we going to do really?

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Yay~ Mikuru-chan would join! Yeah, I've had some sticky experiences with roleplayers that fit the banned things on my rules. (Gin is love. Hisagi is love. Basically all the Bleach claimings I've got is love. xD Kira! Kira is love. Kira reminds me of Dei-chan, just... not in personality.)

Yeah, the "after-the-hollows" thing would be for me to know, and maybe another person, but it's supposed to be a secret. *shhhh* Anywho, the question right now isn't, "What happens after" it's, "Will we ever get there?" xDD

Thanks for the feedback though, at least I'm not the only one who thinks something's weird. Just don't want to tell the world what's going on since it's supposed to be a mystery. *shhh-ot*

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Yay~ Mikuru-chan would join! Yeah, I've had some sticky experiences with roleplayers that fit the banned things on my rules. (Gin is love. Hisagi is love. Basically all the Bleach claimings I've got is love. xD Kira! Kira is love. Kira reminds me of Dei-chan, just... not in personality.)

Yeah, the "after-the-hollows" thing would be for me to know, and maybe another person, but it's supposed to be a secret. *shhhh* Anywho, the question right now isn't, "What happens after" it's, "Will we ever get there?" xDD

Thanks for the feedback though, at least I'm not the only one who thinks something's weird. Just don't want to tell the world what's going on since it's supposed to be a mystery. *shhh-ot*

-----------------------------

Actually, I might do something completely different. :/ I'm not so sure I like the plot anymore. I think it'll be a lot easier if we're all just Captains and Lieutenants. And it'll be a lot more fun to be powerfrill. >) I'll have to think something up again though. *scraps the first one*

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • *stares*

Egad! A mod has double posted mistakenly! The end of the chatroom is coming! *is beaten into pulp by army of crazy ninjas*

Bijou: Good job with the plot as usual. I'd say "I want to join!" but I really don't want to. I'm also procrastinating with my LSU for your One Piece rp. Yeah, I'm a lazy freak. Hit me.

Korinku: No laughing Deidara. Deidara would let Tobi laugh for a minute, then kill him. Get rid of the descriptions of why the teams were picked.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I double posted?!? *frig!!* Actually it's because my internet is being crap right now. It's making PC disappear. ;_;

I can't even see your post, so I have to post again. I'll edit with on topic-ness after I'm able to see your post.

Editz: Okay I see it now, and thanks...I think. o o; Your LSU won't be accepted if you wait much longer. < <;;

Korinku: I didn't read your post, but Deidara...laughing....as in like, friendly laugh? That's a disturbing thought. It's good to keep canon characters in-character, even in an RP. It's professional, and you get compliments for keeping them in character. <3

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • It twas edited, I got rid of the part explaining why they where chosen for the mission and I also gave a reason for why akatsuki brought him back. I hope it's better.

P.S. I purposely put twas.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Editz: Okay I see it now, and thanks...I think. o o; Your LSU won't be accepted if you wait much longer. < <;;

I had it ready a while back actually, but my Mom deleted it. I need to rewrite the whole thing, and it's a little past the part where my character would fit in at the moment, so I need to edit as well. Bear with me.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • I really do hate to nag, but out of idle curiosity, did anyone have any thoughts on my roleplay idea? It's near the end of page three, but with bell's new plot and all, I cna see how it'd be easy to miss. X3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back