• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
  • 146. Haha lol

Yep, I do think you shouldn't be allowed to open the door for Trick-or-Treaters on Halloween night.

in other news I saw this on LFMF:
    If you are laying in the hospital getting your chemotherapy, do not pull your blanket all the way up over your head so you can get some sleep. When your mom comes in to bring you your snack, she WILL scream and the staff WILL come running.
    I just had to share.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I still don't understand you.

Well anyways I don't know what to say so a picture will suffice.
    15805_03_full.png

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Eh, cashiering at a grocery store isn't that great, as you're always rushing and ringing up people.
    It's nicer to just work at a small store that requires 1, maybe two cashiers as it's more laid back and in-between customers you can get out on the floor to do work.
    I worked front end at a pharmacy for about 3 and a half years. Greatest part-time job ever.

You also get to make nice with the customers more a.k.a flirting with the cute girls that come in. :>

Years
  • Ooh a job!

I hope you enjoy it! ^^

And as for me, I'm laying on the ground with no pants, reading the California Labor laws

Ah, most definitely, Domestic Workers and Agricultural workers need to be included in that. The state level is the lowest it can go since it would be difficult to do federally. Everyone wants their cheap agricultural foods after all.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • You also get to make nice with the customers more a.k.a flirting with the cute girls that come in. :>

Flirting with the cute girls that come in is a huge perk for the straight guys at my job lol. Liquor stores on Friday and Saturday nights have all the girls coming in wearing very little on their way out to clubs XD.

I can't imagine it'd be very nice trying to flirt with girls that come into a pharmacy. I'd always be wondering what they had to make them need to come to a pharmacy lmao

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Cello picked out the ones who are coming in for the pill.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Cello picked out the ones who are coming in for the pill.

That was like 7/8 the reason why.

Nah, but we were a store in addition to a pharmacy, where we sold makeup and bathroom related items (with good sales regularly), as well as had a food mart so people would sometimes come in just to get some candy to sneak into the theater or stock up on something for their house.
    I would be the helper to the girls who were testing fragrances/makeup. :}D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    When I worked in a supermarket no attractive people flirted with me >:[ most I got was a smile from old grannies!

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Both my parents work at the same pharmacy now. My mom was laid off from her previous workplace for a little over 3 months before my dad's boss offered her employment there.

But, they worked together for about 25 years before, so it's not like they've never worked together before...

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Both my parents work at the same pharmacy now. My mom was laid off from her previous workplace for a little over 3 months before my dad's boss offered her employment there.

But, they worked together for about 25 years before, so it's not like they've never worked together before...

Wow, i'm kinda surprised they were allowed to do that. Usually stores have strict policies on family working together, unless this is a small/local mom-and-pop type drugstore.
    Me and my cousin tried to work at the same store but they wouldn't let us, so we had to settle for stores in different areas.

I'm also surprised they would want to work together. Those are some tough family ties. :P
    I think I would have too much of my wife at that point, seeing her at home and work.

I'm going to make some poor, poor woman very (un)happy someday.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Wow, i'm kinda surprised they were allowed to do that. Usually stores have strict policies on family working together, unless this is a small/local mom-and-pop type drugstore.
    Me and my cousin tried to work at the same store but they wouldn't let us, so we had to settle for stores in different areas.

I'm also surprised they would want to work together. Those are some tough family ties. :P
    I think I would have too much of my wife at that point, seeing her at home and work.

My sister and mom worked at the same place for a long time, haha.

Also Cello you're supposed to go for the girls that aren't trying on perfume/makeup D; the girl buying video games! You're a traitor to nerds.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

D: really? That's unlucky, I've never heard of anything like that before. Lots of my school teachers were related by blood/marriage and you'd think that professional environment would demand more!

Next step: checking you know nobody in the business at all! :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Makeup and nerdiness are not mutually exclusive. :(

Yes but if you specifically zero in on only the girls trying on makeup and perfume then you have probably around an 80% chance that you're not targeting a nerd. There's a low chance they're buying it honestly (not unimaginable but it is low), and when they are it's an even lower chance that they'll be trying it on in the store lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back