• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid

Years
    Yeah, I wonder what goes in those ladies' minds when they buy makeup and accept flirts from the guy handing it to them.

But I just have to say: what. I have never experienced working in a store and I successfully found another reason to get angry at myself. Acts twofold, though, since I get to right that into my checklist. The things I've been missing...then again people here are pretty different so I'd imagine it would be a completely different experience compared to SwiftSign's or Cello's.

Never thought someone would actually flirt with clients they found attractive. I'm not really that one kid who grew up in more culturally open background like wherever Cello lives in, so these things are hard to think about when people you know expect something else from you growing up. And to add on that, I've never heard of any restrictions not allowing family members to work at one place together around here either.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    In some stores flirting is part of the job, like if you're a girl working a sales position and you're selling something to a guy. If you flirt with them and tell them how amazing something looks on them, etc etc, then you can sell it and get the commission. Bartenders are similar too, lol.

Years
    Yes but if you specifically zero in on only the girls trying on makeup and perfume then you have probably around an 80% chance that you're not targeting a nerd. There's a low chance they're buying it honestly (not unimaginable but it is low), and when they are it's an even lower chance that they'll be trying it on in the store lol.
    Fair points. And has there been a study on this or is 80% just your guess?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Just my guess. Personally I don't know any nerd girls irl who wear makeup or perfume, lol. Well, makeup beyond like the basic powder that wouldn't be "trying on" kind of makeup haha, at least not long enough for Cello to creep.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Last time I put on make-up it was for my Aunt's wedding and it was because my sister was all 'allow me to put make-up on you'. Other than that... I don't remember the last occasion in which I had actually put make up on. Well... other than cover-up which I used when I went to a convention to try to rid of some stuff that crept onto my face like... the night before. I love you too face.

Years
    I guess I just know a certain kind of people then. When I was in high school none of the nerdy girls I knew wore makeup. (Except for the goths of course.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think the message we can all take away from this is that Cello is creepy.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Oh god, I dislike people who come up to me and ask me if I want help. Happens every time I visit a video games store.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019

I'm creepier lol. "Doesn't know whether to be proud or ashamed of that."

Seriously though the new MCs for B2W2 look like they're ready to go to somewhere like Seaworld tbh, that and I thought I'd never see a 8 year old with boobs before but hey anything's possible I think.

<Not as stoned as before but just a little around 5 percent.

Oh and mornin yall.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Sobriety test: sing the alphabet backwards while trying to find the bassline in static

They all look nice, so I wouldn't mind either one, now that I've gotten used to the strange Pokes.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years

+1

But on that whole nerdy girls don't wear makeup thing, my ex wore it all the time and she was anime/video game obsessed, and I mean to the point of where she was a Yaoi(sp?) fan.

As for interacting with customers, it's hard to do it at first, but once you see you have the ability to do it you get more comfortable.
    I think comfort and being light with a joke wins a customer over. I've had some pretty grouchy customers open up and befriend me after I cracked a few jokes with them. For example, if a customer asked me where razors were while I had facial hair, I would joke about me wishing I knew where they were so I could get rid of my beard. :P
    I would also try to help them out by finding them sales/coupons.
    It managed to increase our store's business a lot with more frequent customers, some of which would stop by on Christmas eve while I working to bring me presents/cookies. It was great! :D

And @SwiftSign i'm surprised they don't already check for that. At my previous job they wouldn't even hire a friend of mine because they felt it would have been a distraction.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I think sometimes they annoy you on purpose cause they know they can get away with it because " the customer is always right" so they'll say stuff, be difficult to help and etc sometimes knowing you have to help them cause thats your job. I dealt with a lot of people like that working at my last job.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I really agree with that sentiment haha. I just.. don't like the whole "can I help you" sort of thing. :/ I dunno.. it's like.. if they need help then they'll talk to me.. but otherwise it's like.. what do I do in the meantime? Try to busy myself by walking around and smiling? It just seems so.. boring to me. : | I'm the type of person who likes to be productive all the time. Even when I'm on PC I am multitasking with like 3 other things. I dunno.. for some people they love it because they love that sort of social interaction. And yeah I'm a social person and I don't mind meeting new people but I need something I can challenge myself with every day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back