• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamotz

Chronicler
Years
  • I know that the Imperialdramon's and the like are mega but I wanted to separate them because of how the digivole and how strong they are.

I'll change the last part a little and start it.

Well, the only one out of those I'd seperate from actual megas and put into the "super mega" category is Paladin Mode. Imperialdramon Fighter Mode is really nothing special, just slightly above average for a mega, about the same level as WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, and maybe a little lower than Gallantmon.

Things like Alphamon King Dragon, Imperialdramon Paladin, Omnimon (especially Omnimon X), and Gallantmon Crimson are what I'd put into the "Super Mega" category. Digimon that -while still at the mega level- are far stronger than their previous forms.

Years
  • Hey, I posted an RP but it seems nobody wants to join. I asked for criticism on the first post at the top of the post but... well, basically I was asking, could anybody have a quick read through this and tell me what might be wrong with it, what I can do to improve, and what I might not want to include? It's an original RP, so its not based off anything.

I put a lot of work into it, but if I need to do more then just say, I don't mind it being torn apart just so that I know what I can improve on in order to get a few signups. I understand I might have to compramise my own tastes for the other players, but I hope to do that as little as possible, though I'm guessing that's where I might have gone wrong. Thing is I don't know how to change that.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone? Seems this was overlooked. It didn't quote the actual thing so its just on the last page.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    Another reason i did this is because I don't want just anyone to have them. They might not be that much stronger but i steel want them be in the super mega group. Those I let have them will just ether leave the ultiment or mega blank and skip to the next stage or put in something else that works in that slot(I'll have to ok it though)

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I figure this is the right place to post plot ideas. XD

Well here's the idea I have so far. I have yet to run it by my pair to see if she likes it, but she hasn't been on so I might as well see if anyone else is interested.

Plot: A pokemon species is going extinct and the cause is water pollution/deforestation/ect. depending on the species I choose. A group of friends sets off to go speak to the government about it but they run into a lot of trouble before reaching the Capitol (working name XD) and after discussing it with the Prez (working name again XD). That's about it so far. I'll make the actually plot thing in the RP longer, this is just the long story short.

~desu Saba~

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • Well, my break from RP'ing is over ;B

~Mirages~

In the world of shinobi lies countless countries and all holding talented ninja who bring money to their villages and protect them from enemies. All are of great worth to speak of, but one village has been known as the most inimitable village of them all. Virtually every shinobi who resided in that village could bring down a single anbu from a fellow village even at the level of a genin. During the time, not a soul knew the true reason as to why those shinobi were so powerful, many figured it was due to their level of strict teaching and parenting, but that had not been the case, for every student in this village could act and speak the same as any other student from another village.

The climate of this village was magnificent; freshly scented flowers, crystal clear water, trees that stretched across the sky, and mountains that touched the heavens. This was truly a wondrous village to live in. Due to their being the better village, it had been given the most missions, meaning the others would suffer financial turmoil. Once, after consulting with each other, the villages came to an agreement that the mirage village must be destroyed. This was not something to jump into though, so they sent spies to search for the source of their village's power.

After months of investigating the village, they could not sense anything that gave off power, until they passed by the "Great Tenshu Mountain", the tallest of all the mountains in the village. The spies began traveling up the mountain, in search for the source of the village's prospering talent. Once they achieved their climb, they witnessed something unbelievable. They found a sealing scroll that was still in action. The anbu who were sent on this mission could feel the chakra radiating off of the scroll which was daggered into the tip of the mountain. In doing so, the scroll's effect would run through the mountain and into the land around it which explains the marvelous area of the village and why the shinobi were so great.

The anbu were able to escape the village unharmed with the scroll and raced back to their home village hidden in the leaves, revealing to the Hokage the mirage village's source of power. In this time, there was not much conflict between the villages, so they had decided to leave the sroll in the leaf village's possession since it had been their anbu who risked traveling to the mirage village. Then suddenly, within months of the scroll's deactivation, the mirage village began to crumble. It's plant life died, and the ninja began to become sloppy. In less than a year, the mirage village had disappeared, all together with no trace of the village or it's inhabitants, never to be heard from again. As for the scroll, it has been placed under the protection of the second Hokage of the Hidden Leaf Village, where it is hoped to remain safe.

~Your Roll~
    Much time has past since the Mirage Village and the second Hokage has past on, along with the fourth and the third, leaving only the fifth: Tsunade, who has just recently been informed by the two elders of the hidden location of the scroll. You are a genin who is on their way to the chuunin exams. You've trained day-in and day-out and you believe that you deserve to be a chuunin. Your fellow teammates have your back as well, that is, as far as you know, they do. What lies upon these next few days is unknown to you, but be cautious, danger lies closer than you think.

~Sign Up~
    Name:
    Description: ( At least one paragraph)
    ~Techniques~
    (Must add up to 6 or less in total with the exception of the regular jutsu's genin already know)
    (If no technique in category type in N/A)
    Ninjustu:
    Genjutsu:
    Taijutsu:
    Weakness: (A certain space on body, unseen area to eyes, certain techniques, elements, etc.)
    ~Optionals~
    Clan: (At least one paragraph)
    Bloodline: (A technique only usable to your clan)

~My Sign up~
    Name: Souran Maindo

Personality: Souran can be placed under the category of spoiled. As a child, Souran's parents gave him anything he desired whether it be toys or even houses, he could obtain any object by using the sentence starting with "I want-". Souran was the definition of spoiled, even though it was partially his parent's fault's for being so easy to be pressured into things. Though, over time, Souran needed less and less of material things and was much more interested in controlling others into performing what ever he pleased. Sadly, he doesn't always get everyone to do as he wants which makes him oh so very mad for not getting his way. So when ever he can't talk people into things, he uses force, rather, his clan's bloodline technique, but I'll get to that latter. Now that Souran has become fourteen he has matured a bit from his childish behavior, but personality never changes completely. He still loves to get his way and if he doesn't, he might deal with it or he might use force but if you dig underneath the spoiled child, you can find a mature teenager...it just might take a bit of time out of your life.

Description: Souran's face resembles one of a puppet. above and beneath his shining silver eyes appear black lines with the bottom lines (Zatch Bell ._ . ) reaching down to his neck and the top lines reaching to the start of his spiked down, pure black hair that shines nicely in the sun. Souran's neck is covered by a silk silver scarf that tails down to his hips. He wears a short sleeved, black shirt that has silver streaks going along the edges. His shorts are also black but that is all other than the weapon bag and the wraps underneath making sure that the strap for the bag doesn't hurt his right leg. Souran wears the regular blue ninja shoes, his hight is about 5'11 and his arms are about 2 and a half feet long.

~Techniques~

Taijustsu:
    Whirlwind Fist
    [Souran attacks the enemy with his fists by spinning in a spiral formation]

Tornado Bombardment
    [1. Souran grabs enemy's leg and throws into air.
    2. Souran jumps toward enemy and kicks enemy constantly by back-flipping.]

Genjustu: N/A

Ninjutsu:
    Assault
    [ 1.Souran throws kunai toward the enemy.
    2. Souran grabs a smoke bomb.
    3. He hits the enemy with the smoke bomb and performs shadow clone after.
    4. Real Souran hides and lets clone attack after smoke clears.
    5. Once clone dies, real Souran appears from smoke and kicks enemy into air.
    6. Souran uses bloodline to control kunai and makes them fly toward the enemy.]

Puppet (Similar to Shikimaru's attack)
    [1. Souran uses his bloodline to control the enemy.
    2. Souran gets enemy into position in front of a solid object.
    3. Throws weapon at enemy.
    4. Bends back and causes enemy to hit object and loose all consciousness.
    5. Obtains full control of enemy and causes damage before enemy awakens.]

Weakness: Souran's weakness is loosing focus at random moments if he does something wrong or misses an attack. His other weakness is over confidence, when he's on a role he begins to get sloppy and again, looses focus. So I suppose his main weakness is his focus.

~Optionals~

Clan: Souran's clan is the Maindo clan, a clan that in a way combines both the Nara clan's and the Yamanaka's bloodlines while adding puppetry. Their symbol is circles that get smaller with each circle. Their bloodline technique is called Body Manipulation. This clan has been known to be quite wealthy since being one of the first to be wanted for an enemy or spying missions. Though, since then they have only relied on money and those who become ninja, the others just lay back and wait to get money. To keep the money coming, the clan created the rule that every first born child must become a ninja. Today, the clan still stands just as it always has.

Bloodline: The Body Manipulation technique, where the user can shoot their chrakra out of their body to cling onto the opponent and take over their nerve system by traveling through chrakra channels, making the two share the same brain; the user's. Though, when either of the two are attacked, both take the same damage all except for the head area. Although, when the user uses Body Manipulation on an object without life, a brain rather, he is given full control of it, being able to lift it into the air or even rip it into pieces depending on it's mass.

~Spaces~
    1. Taken

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Ah, Re:Mix. Most Diverse RPer from the last time I ran RPer of the Month. Howdy.

Hmm... can't see anything remotely canon-breaking, but your major break in logic is the whole "Hokage has it!" thing. We have no idea where in the Naruto timeline we are, so the Hokage could be Tsunade or Sarutobi. If Tsunade is indeed the Hokage, this would either have had to be a fairly recent operation or she'd have had to be informed by the previous Hokage (Sarutobi lost his position in less-than-ideal circumstances for passing information on to his successor). And if this scroll is indeed so powerful, I'm wondering why the other villages entrusted it to the Leaf. My personal belief is that the scroll would have been hidden, and all the Kage would know its location.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • Thanks ACC-M, I plan on adding what you said about Sarutobi passing it on to her, but I'll have to sleep on the reason for the scroll being left in the leaf village's hands or just come up with a location not held in any village. I'm sure I'll come up with something ;D Thanks again.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Hello everyone! In an attempt to extend my boundaries beyond the Fanfiction section, I've come to the Role Playing part of PC (which isn't much different from FF anyway). But before I get serious with RPing, there's a few things I would like to know:

1) How are Pokemon batles, and fights in general, conducted in an RP that doesn't allowing "bunnying"? Would each person simply post one line of text and wait for their opponent to respond with an equally as small reply?

2) How often do well planned out RPs die? Looking through the threads, I see a lot of brilliant RPs die in days while the ones created by n000bs make it all the way to a sequel. Why is that?

Annnnnd that's pretty much all. Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions.

Soundash

RolePlaying Vagabond
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2007
    Actually Glajummy, you hit the spot with that second question there. That's a tricky one to answer, I doubt there's anyone who can truly answer it, otherwise there wouldn't be RPs dying out. Well, on my rper opinion, I think you already answered it yourself; it's because of the planning. Even Leonardo da Vinci would lose interest in an overly complex, already sketched out work in which he would only need to put the thing together. I believe the thing an Rp needs the most is room for creativity, people feel the need to be able to add their mark to the rp, to insert their essence. It just stops being fun if an Rp is too detailed and complex, people will lose interest. While in the other hand, when an Rp is poorly thought out more people will enter and bend the idea to their liking, in a way that a noobish rp ends somewhat away from what it was originally meant to be and yet, it will go on and prevail while the overly thought out rp merely fades away. I believe, the best thing to do when creating an rp is to plan it to perfection, creation rules, guidelines and bases for it to be but not to overdo it, leaving a considerable opening for creativity is required as that is what will attract and keep most people interested in the RP.

That is merely my humble opinion and I am sure there will be others which you will find more useful and interest. I also apologise for not speaking about the pokemon question but you can find your answer with enough research.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
  • What would you humans think of a Halo 3 RP?
    Currently I'm on the verge of a pretty good story line and I want to know if there are any Rper's who would like to join as soon as it's done. No i know that every time anyone sees that I posted they just skip the whole damñ thing, but someone has to read what I say... at least one........ maybe.... my kids maybe?

~JBCBlank

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well Glajummy, first of all, this is the discussion thread on plots, not a Q & A's thread. xD But that's alright, whatever.

1) How are Pokemon batles, and fights in general, conducted in an RP that doesn't allowing "bunnying"? Would each person simply post one line of text and wait for their opponent to respond with an equally as small reply?

Well, one-liners, as you probably already know, aren't allowed in the roleplay section. So no, they would not post one line of text, unless they wanted to get a warning. Basically, you should put your imagination to the test. If you truly cannot possibly figure out a way for your mind to comprehend how you would write more than one line to issue an attack, then feel free to PM the other roleplayer and plan it out in advance or something. In RP's that don't allow 'bunnying', they normally mean bunnying of another roleplayer's character who hasn't given their consent. If they say it's alright, then nobody can complain, really.

2) How often do well planned out RPs die? Looking through the threads, I see a lot of brilliant RPs die in days while the ones created by n00bs make it all the way to a sequel. Why is that?

The taboo subject! O_O Hahaha, nah just kidding. Well it really depends on the level of interest and time and such. I don't really like commenting on the difference between 'brilliant' RPer's or 'n00b' RPer's because it could get offensive, especially with me. (Since I have no grace when I'm expressing my opinion, as you can see. xD) But I'd say that the amount of time put into the posts has something to do with it, the effort to make things flow as well. Most people don't walk up to others and say "HI." in real life, and some RPer's that are less experienced will do that. Modesty? xD

Well planned out RP's don't die quite as quickly. Regardless of the brilliance of the plot, if it's not well planned out, then it's not going to succeed. And if the RP master themselves lose interest, then it's set to die right away. Like I said, it really depends on perseverence.

In the end, its really your own conjecture. There's no counterexample for this in my opinion. *shrug*

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Nyu, another FF writer interested in RPing? Will wonders never cease? xD Anyways...yeah, this is not really the place for this sort of thing, which does reminds me: maybe we should have a thread like that? You know, a general discussion thread for RPers? Unless that would be too spammy of course...it's just that there's a lot of stuff that really has no place to go here. o.O

Ahem, ramblings aside:

1) Pretty much what has been said already; you've just got to rack your imagination a little. On the plus side, though, you really learn to relate characters' feelings and explain attacks in detail. ;D Pre-arranging some things saves a lot of time so it's probably preferred. I'm not very fond of PvPs, though; people tend to get too protective about their characters and then we get a bajillion posts where neither party agrees to lose. RPer vs NPC usually works out better. :3

2) Yeah, no real explanation for this one. Sometimes an RP flies, sometimes it doesn't; it depends on a number of things you can't directly affect like RPer attendance and interest. Sometimes people just lose interest in the plot after they've RPed on it a little, sometimes real life issues take up their time, and sometimes they turn out to be JUST PLAIN LAZY GITS!

Totally not referring to anyone in particular with that.

Anyways, I do agree that over-complicating the plot or RP world is likely to alienate RPers. There should always be space for personal creativity, because if the RPers feel that it's not only the RP master's show but theirs as well they will feel a lot more motivated to keep going with it. Besides, everyone contributing to the plot is why we are writing RP instead of fanfiction in the first place. x3

And Brad...that's forum advertising and not really appreciated. <.< We used to have many awesome RPers here, it's just that a lot of them have reached the point in life when they have a lot of more important things than forums to concern themselves with. As for your plot...

War. Famine. Pestilence. Death. These are the four things the legendary 4 Horseman will bring to the world when the Apocalypse happens. In the Pokemon world, this has happened. Long after the days of Ash Ketchum, in a different world. The countries had biological missiles, terraforming, and other catastrophic advancements in war. In this world, one event happened. And this sparked… the Apocalypse.

Four horseman? Is that like...a four-in-one package? o.O You're missing a plural there. Besides, numbers ten and below are written out in letters so it 'four'; not '4'. You also have a contradiction in the worlds bit; first you're saying that the apocalypse occurred in the pokémon world, next you're saying that it occurred in a different world. Make up your mind. xP Besides, how the heck is terraforming (the art of reshaping land to make it more hospitable for life) a catastrophic advancement in war? It makes no sense. -.-

The first horseman, who brought War, was none other than President of Johto, Raul Jezkar. He one by a vote by Johto's Supreme Court, ruined the countries economy, and was a conservative. He believed in retaining tradition, and believing Kanto had weapons of mass destruction (which they did), allied with Fiore and Orre. However, his next action was one that would cost the world a whole lot. You see, Kanto had an alliance with Sinnoh and Hoenn, which were stronger and more industrialized than Johto's friends.

Being a conservative sits right next to ruining the country's economy on his list of heinous deeds. Wow, talk about bias. I'm not big on conservatives myself, but there seems to be a distinct personal political message embedded here and I don't really appreciate it. xP Incidentally, at no point has Kanto, Johto, or any of the other states been marked as an independent nation. In fact, as was pointed out by Yamato-San in the fanfic lounge, given the use of the term 'National Dex' for a pokédex there seems to be more evidence to support the interpretation that they're all regions within the same country. Given that Kanto and Johto even share the same pokémon league and are connected geographically, I find it highly unlikely that they'd be politically separate. There is also zero explanation for how this nincompoop got voted into his position (one which, incidentally, has never even been mentioned in canon material).

When Johto bombed naval bases in the Seafoam Islands, Route 127, and the sea west to Sinnoh, which enraged their respective government. Soon, the world was in war. Johto was ripped apart by the Kanto Alliance, called the Triple Threat, and Orre and Fiore were blockaded and nuked mercilessly, giving them a horrid plague. This plague were later spread, but here is the jist- it slowly decays a persons organs, and destroys nutrients needed for life. Transmitted by anything, it is uncurable, and destroyed the populations of the other two nations. With its allies out, Johto was quickly conquered, and sliced up. In addition, Southern Johto, Southeastern Hoenn, Southwestern Kanto, and Southeastern Sinnoh contracted plague. Twinleaf, Sandgem, Oreburgh, Pastoria, Littleroot, Oldale, Dewport, Verdanturf and Fallarbor, Cianwood, Azalaea, Cherrygrove, and New Bark, Pallet, Fuschia and Lavender all basically crumbled because their populations died of this plague. However, all the other cities were spared. Sinnoh took Mt. Silver, Blackthorn, Olivine, Goldenrod, and the Orange Islands, Hoenn took Violet City (heavily fortified, only other city in southern Johto that wasn't infected), and Kanto took the Whirl Islands, Mahogany, and Ecruteak with terraforming. Plagued areas, including the aforementioned cities and routes surrounding, Orre and Fiore, all became a continent. The people there suffered from the plague, until most people there were dead. War had cost all the nations a horrid price.

More glaring inconsistency. If nukes were tossed about left and right in the manner you describe we'd also be talking a lot more than just an epidemic; we'd be talking big-ass ecological disaster like nuclear winter (clouds of soot and dust obscuring solar rays and basically dropping earth temperatures to inhabitable levels); not even the craziest politicians have been dumb enough to go through with that, and given that they'd not only be turning their conquest uninhabitable for years (which is stupid since they already had them outnumbered and overpowered) but also risking severe drawbacks themselves, I just don't find this scenario plausible...at all.

The second Horseman, who brought Famine, was not a person, but the plague. This hit Hoenn and Sinnoh. The plague infected berries, which wiped out Hoenn's economy. Sinnoh fared better with non-berry fruit in the Orange Islands replacing berries. Half of Hoenn's economy was destroyed, and Petalburg, Lavaridge, Fortree and Rustboro, the centers of the berry markets, lost many businesses. This led to poverty, and Pokemon rampaging for food. Corsola in Pacifidlog left for better food, drowning every citizen there. Then, Fortree, Rustboro and Petalburg were overrun with Pokemon, and the crazed beasts killed the senior citizens neighborhoods, as well as the slums in each city. Petalburg was worst hit- very few escaped, and most died of injury. This loss of life was huge for Hoenn. In addition, food was low, and many others in the attacked cities died of starvation and fighting for food.

Half of Hoenn's economy is built on berries...riiiiight...get real, seriously. Hoenn is quite technologically advanced with companies like Devon Corp; it's most certainly not an agricultural country. :\ Pokémon suddenly going rabid for no apparent reason also makes no sense whatsoever.

After Famine, hungry Pokemon, the Third Horseman, brought Pestilence to Sinnoh. The hungry animals rebelled, and massacred Floaroma and Solaceon. Then, they caught plague, resulting in more death for Pokemon. This hit would hurt Sinnoh later, although they come out of this the least scathed.

How do you massacre a town? Makes no sense. I also don't see a point for massacring anything if what you really want to do is find berries. And I thought that the nuke-induced plague had already spread? WTF?

Finally, Death came, in the form of the 4th Horseman- The Knights of Johto. This terrorist group ravaged Kanto, destroying most of Pewter and Viridian cities. Many more died fighting them after being drafted. Kanto was hit hard by the group, but they had to retreat to the underground of the plague continent, called Johtorre. In Johtorre, the old plague got into their tunnels and killed off the Knights.

Because obviously we didn't already have death, like everywhere? So who's bright idea was it to create a team with the sole purpose of killing people? This makes no sense whatsoever, especially in a situation where the rational human being wants to hoard up food and hide somewhere safe.

Evenutally, legends succumbed to the horror. Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Zapdos, Moltres, Celebi, Deoxys, Mewtwo, Manaphy, and Phione- hurting the already bad situation.

Now this is just plain random...you'd think that legends would be the last ones to fall since they're the strongest of the pokémon species.

The losses crippled many economies and populations. Many people died, but even more species of Pokemon were wiped out. Here is a list, by alphabetical type, that shows just how many species or evolutionary lines (These are if it has Line after the name of the species. In addition, if a line is only partially disrupted, the top species produces the next highest species above the extinct one of the line, or, in some cases, itself, from eggs.) Overall, most Pokemon species were wiped out by the catastrophe- either from human destruction during rampages or the plague. Bug, Normal, Water and Flying types were the worst hit.

No, just no. Never put a list in the middle of a plot. If you need one, just give it as additional information after the plot points have been covered. A lot of your species choices also make no sense. How do you justify favoring the survival of species like Scyther over far more resilient species like Foretress? How do you kill off ghosts? They are ALREADY DEAD for crying out loud! >_< If you want to do post-apocalyptic, at least try to use some logic in thinking out what will survive instead of playing personal favorites. :\ Bugs in general tend to be among the species best adapted to post-nuclear environments, btw; how come they are the ones taking the biggest hit (Instead of grass, which would be the obvious candiadate)?

The incredible loss of life enraged the legendaries. All of them, except the two Creators, Mew and Arceus, decided to leave. Arceus tried to plead to them not to go, but they said they already had made a continent, and new Pokemon, and they said that they would protect the new continent. They also took the best normal and shiny specimens of every surviving species- about 4 of each type and gender combination, and put them on the new continent. The fakemon also had 4 of each type and gender combo for their populations. Pure-hearted humans were also allowed to leave- and they did. The group left, not to be seen for a long time after- at least 100 years, if not more. Arceus and Mew were despondent. Without guardians, the world would deteriorate at a much faster rate, especially with humans. They, in their sadness and rage, went to sleep for 77 years.

First off, who in their right mind would name a their creation fakemon? That's a fan term that makes no sense within a setting where they would be just as real as other pokémon species. Randomly creating shinies is also just plain cheap. And...some creators these two are. "Oh, look, the world we created and are supposed to protect is going down the crapper. Well, screw you guys; we're just going to whip up a few shinies and go have a power nap."

In the years, conditions worsened. People died from starvation, poverty and crime, while the government in Johtorre turned to anarchy, as did Hoenn's populus. Without the trainer economy, the countries collapsed, but Sinnoh and Kanto had natural resources, while Hoenn did not. Sinnoh came out the best, and began to rebuild, but sent Mt. Silver into the Orange Islands colony. Their economy thrived on fur, mining, alternate fuels from the Orange Islands- and a good republic with a capitalist economy. Hoenn suffered, with violence and crime claiming a ton of lives in many routes. The country was an anarchy, but not as bad as the chaos in Johtorre. Kanto had a federal democracy, but their economy relied solely on their alcohol industry- 77% of the worlds alcohol came from Kanto. The countries continued on the path of slow death. Most of Johtorre was dead, and gangs ruled vast areas, killing those who opposed. By the end of the 77 years, only 10% of the original, Pre-Apocalypse population was still alive. In addition, a Hoenn/Kanto based group called Team Nova had unlocked evolutions hidden within Pokemon, making them extremely powerful. They also conflicted with Arceus and Mew's plan: to make new legendaries. If Team Nova found out, then Team Nova would easily conquer not only the major four continents, but the Pokemon continent as well. Arceus was afraid, and therefore decided to put the new legendaries in Mt. Silver, far from any Hoenn Team Nova bases.

So like, all infrastructure is gone, everybody is killing everybody else and there's a crazy incurable plague that transmits every which way loose in the world...so the first decision is "let's set up democracy and sell lots of alcohol"? Wow, just wow...and where precisely did Team Nova come from anyway? And how the flip did they just suddenly unlock new evolutions?

Your plot...makes no sense, to be honest. I've seen post-apocalyptic ones, yes; I've even come up with a post-apocalyptic one, but all of those had a logically developing plotline and an actual point to them. Yours is mostly about random people making random decisions, stuff dying everywhere, lots of alcohol being sold and an uberly powerful team popping up for no apparent reason. You've also given no clear starting setting or aim for the RP. Really, there's more to good post-apocalyptic than just having a lot of terrible things happen for no apparent reason. You've also got a lot of grammatical errors which I didn't bother with here because - quite frankly - that would have taken ridiculously long to sort through.

Bottom line: I wouldn't join that RP for beans. D=

Last edited:

Brad

The Paper Fastener
    Years
  • Nyu, another FF writer interested in RPing? Will wonders never cease? xD Anyways...yeah, this is not really the place for this sort of thing, which does reminds me: maybe we should have a thread like that? You know, a general discussion thread for RPers? Unless that would be too spammy of course...it's just that there's a lot of stuff that really has no place to go here. o.O

Ahem, ramblings aside:

1) Pretty much what has been said already; you've just got to rack your imagination a little. On the plus side, though, you really learn to relate characters' feelings and explain attacks in detail. ;D Pre-arranging some things saves a lot of time so it's probably preferred. I'm not very fond of PvPs, though; people tend to get too protective about their characters and then we get a bajillion posts where neither party agrees to lose. RPer vs NPC usually works out better. :3

2) Yeah, no real explanation for this one. Sometimes an RP flies, sometimes it doesn't; it depends on a number of things you can't directly affect like RPer attendance and interest. Sometimes people just lose interest in the plot after they've RPed on it a little, sometimes real life issues take up their time, and sometimes they turn out to be JUST PLAIN LAZY GITS!

Totally not referring to anyone in particular with that.

Anyways, I do agree that over-complicating the plot or RP world is likely to alienate RPers. There should always be space for personal creativity, because if the RPers feel that it's not only the RP master's show but theirs as well they will feel a lot more motivated to keep going with it. Besides, everyone contributing to the plot is why we are writing RP instead of fanfiction in the first place. x3

And Brad...that's forum advertising and not really appreciated. <.< We used to have many awesome RPers here, it's just that a lot of them have reached the point in life when they have a lot of more important things than forums to concern themselves with. As for your plot...

Four horseman? Is that like...a four-in-one package? o.O You're missing a plural there. Besides, numbers ten and below are written out in letters so it 'four'; not '4'. You also have a contradiction in the worlds bit; first you're saying that the apocalypse occurred in the pokémon world, next you're saying that it occurred in a different world. Make up your mind. xP Besides, how the heck is terraforming (the art of reshaping land to make it more hospitable for life) a catastrophic advancement in war? It makes no sense. -.-

I meant that people could liteterally take land away from other continents. the different world means that the Pokemon world has changed- the countries drifted apart, economies changed, advancements were made.

Being a conservative sits right next to ruining the country's economy on his list of heinous deeds. Wow, talk about bias. I'm not big on conservatives myself, but there seems to be a distinct personal political message embedded here and I don't really appreciate it. xP Incidentally, at no point has Kanto, Johto, or any of the other states been marked as an independent nation. In fact, as was pointed out by Yamato-San in the fanfic lounge, given the use of the term 'National Dex' for a pokédex there seems to be more evidence to support the interpretation that they're all regions within the same country. Given that Kanto and Johto even share the same pokémon league and are connected geographically, I find it highly unlikely that they'd be politically separate. There is also zero explanation for how this nincompoop got voted into his position (one which, incidentally, has never even been mentioned in canon material).

I explained separateness above, but i'll change politics thing.

More glaring inconsistency. If nukes were tossed about left and right in the manner you describe we'd also be talking a lot more than just an epidemic; we'd be talking big-ass ecological disaster like nuclear winter (clouds of soot and dust obscuring solar rays and basically dropping earth temperatures to inhabitable levels); not even the craziest politicians have been dumb enough to go through with that, and given that they'd not only be turning their conquest uninhabitable for years (which is stupid since they already had them outnumbered and overpowered) but also risking severe drawbacks themselves, I just don't find this scenario plausible...at all.

Well, the nukes are controlled, and they were fired in specific areas on two continents separate from the mainland, countries without nukes- so the nuclear winter doesn't happen.

Half of Hoenn's economy is built on berries...riiiiight...get real, seriously. Hoenn is quite technologically advanced with companies like Devon Corp; it's most certainly not an agricultural country. :\ Pokémon suddenly going rabid for no apparent reason also makes no sense whatsoever.

As I explained, Hoenn changed. Devon was sold, and the coordinator industry became the cash crop instead of the training industry. The industry's reliance on berries explains that statement.

How do you massacre a town? Makes no sense. I also don't see a point for massacring anything if what you really want to do is find berries. And I thought that the nuke-induced plague had already spread? WTF?

Only to a few towns. You didn't see that. The Pokemon sort of went crazy, and rampaged across the towns- they had lost any sentience left. You massacre a town by killing most to all of the people.

Because obviously we didn't already have death, like everywhere? So who's bright idea was it to create a team with the sole purpose of killing people? This makes no sense whatsoever, especially in a situation where the rational human being wants to hoard up food and hide somewhere safe.

They're the Knights of JOHTO- they want revenge on Kanto.

Now this is just plain random...you'd think that legends would be the last ones to fall since they're the strongest of the pokémon species.

They are last- Pokemon have been dieing before for a while.

No, just no. Never put a list in the middle of a plot. If you need one, just give it as additional information after the plot points have been covered. A lot of your species choices also make no sense. How do you justify favoring the survival of species like Scyther over far more resilient species like Foretress? How do you kill off ghosts? They are ALREADY DEAD for crying out loud! >_< If you want to do post-apocalyptic, at least try to use some logic in thinking out what will survive instead of playing personal favorites. :\ Bugs in general tend to be among the species best adapted to post-nuclear environments, btw; how come they are the ones taking the biggest hit (Instead of grass, which would be the obvious candiadate)?

It was a PLAGUE-, the nuclear fallout was only in Fiore, Johto and Orre. The plague killed the Pokemon, not the nuclear fallout. The ghost Pokemon die because they aren't really dead- they just are ethereal. Scyther can fly, and is a fast Pokemon. Forretress, although it can hover, is slow and bulky- making it an easy target for the plague.

First off, who in their right mind would name a their creation fakemon? That's a fan term that makes no sense within a setting where they would be just as real as other pokémon species. Randomly creating shinies is also just plain cheap. And...some creators these two are. "Oh, look, the world we created and are supposed to protect is going down the crapper. Well, screw you guys; we're just going to whip up a few shinies and go have a power nap."

The fakemon thing was a brain lapse on my part. Shinies are naturally occuring genetic variations- this was done to make the species more diverse in their early genetics. Arceus and Mew didn't protect it- the other legendaries had that duty. When they left, Mew and Arceus were so sad, and expasperated, and annoyed, that in a sort of divine judgment, they left the world to rot.

So like, all infrastructure is gone, everybody is killing everybody else and there's a crazy incurable plague that transmits every which way loose in the world...so the first decision is "let's set up democracy and sell lots of alcohol"? Wow, just wow...and where precisely did Team Nova come from anyway? And how the flip did they just suddenly unlock new evolutions?

Plague had already switched to Pokemon, and then died. The plague didn't affect humans by then. Infrastructure is gone only in Johtorre and Hoenn- and the first thing they would need is a good economy, using whatever resources they could get

Your plot...makes no sense, to be honest. I've seen post-apocalyptic ones, yes; I've even come up with a post-apocalyptic one, but all of those had a logically developing plotline and an actual point to them. Yours is mostly about random people making random decisions, stuff dying everywhere, lots of alcohol being sold and an uberly powerful team popping up for no apparent reason. You've also given no clear starting setting or aim for the RP. Really, there's more to good post-apocalyptic than just having a lot of terrible things happen for no apparent reason. You've also got a lot of grammatical errors which I didn't bother with here because - quite frankly - that would have taken ridiculously long to sort through.

Bottom line: I wouldn't join that RP for beans. D=

Now that I've elaborated, does it make sense?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • I meant that people could liteterally take land away from other continents. the different world means that the Pokemon world has changed- the countries drifted apart, economies changed, advancements were made.

Umm...newsflash: people can already take land away from countries in a literary sense, the point is that no-one is dumb enough to do it because all you'd be left with is a pile of dirt that won't yield even close to the same amount of profit as the original (or even pay back the expenses of digging it up in most cases) so it's more profitable to conquer and mine out. It still wouldn't be military technology by any stretch of imagination.

They are last- Pokemon have been dieing before for a while.

No, they obviously aren't the last because there are still survivors. If we go by power then the legendaries would be the obvious survivors of the apocalypse since they are the only ones with the power to concretely adapt their environment to be hospitable for them yet we are led to believe that Scyther outlasted them because, and I quote, "it's fast". -.-

Well, the nukes are controlled, and they were fired in specific areas on two continents separate from the mainland, countries without nukes- so the nuclear winter doesn't happen.

Controlled? The notion of controlling a cataclysmic fission reaction is laughable. The only form of 'control' known to man is doing it deep beneath the ground under isolating layers of lead, and even then it's been known to harm plantlife in the soil and pollute underground water sources. In a military nuclear strike the only thing that's controlled in any sense of the word is the place you drop the bomb and considering the amount of bombing misfires that have been on the news even that is far from controlled. Any nuclear strike performed above ground will screw up the local ecosystem completely (being burned to cinders, blown to smithereens, and getting your organic cells ionized can do that to you). Nuclear winter, incidentally, only requires a high concentration of materials that would release soot and dust upon being blasted, whether or not the country in question fires nukes back is a moot point. -.- Mind you, that was just an example of the magnitude of things, not a "you must have nuke winter now! >O".

It was a PLAGUE-, the nuclear fallout was only in Fiore, Johto and Orre. The plague killed the Pokemon, not the nuclear fallout. The ghost Pokemon die because they aren't really dead- they just are ethereal. Scyther can fly, and is a fast Pokemon. Forretress, although it can hover, is slow and bulky- making it an easy target for the plague.

Incredible...simply incredible.

Where were you during Biology class, really? You can't outrun a freakin' disease. Scyther is a predatory pokémon so their population would die either due to having contracted the plague from their food or out of starvation because all their food sources are getting polluted and dying away. Also, ghosts are quite genuinely undead by all canon not just 'ethereal' as you put it. Besides, unlike most pokémon they don't feed directly on conventional food but either absorb negative emotions (Shuppet and Banette) or drain the energy directly out of living beings in a parasitic manner (Gengar & co). Sableye is a possible exception, but that pokémon feeds on minerals and lives deep underground; by all counts these pokémon should hold the edge in a post-apocalyptic survival scenario. They are all certainly far likelier candidates than Scyther.

The species that would survive this sort of thing would be deepsea livers who are too far beneath the surface to be affected (Clamperl, Relicanth, etc.), species that feed on minerals underground and would be too distanced to contract the plague (Aron line, Sableye, etc.), species with highly developed immune systems who are already accustomed to polluted and hostile environments (Grimer line, Gulpin line, etc), adaptive species that survive on small amounts of food who reproduce rapidy and are suited for various environments (Rattata, Zigzagoon etc.) and species that aren't organic to begin with and thus impervious to all forms of disease and famine (Bronzor line, Baltoy line, Magnemite line, Porygon line etc.). Those dependent on clean environments would be the first to fall, and predators living on them would be the first to follow. That's how ecosystems crumble. Not by a random pick or by 'how fast can we run'.

Now that I've elaborated, does it make sense?

Not a bit. I still don't have a clue of what's killing what or why they're killing what and the random knights of death bit is still a load of nonsense to me. Most pressingly, you still haven't given any indication of what the RPers will actually find themselves doing. Also, how about making some kind of actual difference between the stuff you're quoting and your replies to it? As it is, you're really putting words into my mouth with that quote, and those aren't words I'd like anyone to think that I've said. :\

Incidentally, you can't massacre a town. You can massacre the populace, but not the inanimate objects that constitute the actual town.

Last edited:

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
  • I think the "random knights of death" bit is a reference to actual modern-day terrorism. Since Johto was all cut apart (ala post WW2 Germany and Berlin), the knights of whatever took up terrorist tactics to try and prove a point. At least that's what I'm seeing. Though I don't agree with the term "knights". A knight is someone given a specific title and/or rank by royalty.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Brad, as to your SPPF reference...

All I have to say is;

Kay whatever.

Take it elsewhere, because it's not appreciated here, and you're in no place to judge inexperienced RPer's from other inexperienced RPer's.

Read the question next time too. He didn't ask for another forum to roleplay at.

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
  • Hi everyone, I have a pokemon RP here in the forums and I was wondering if I could get people's imput on it. It's still in the sign-up stage, so while I know there is some interest, I still want to know what people think (since sign-ups don't really express that). Here's a link to it (since it's a lot to just copy-paste):

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118310

Anyway, I appreciate all comments...well maybe I don't appreciate ALL, but I take all coments into consideration.

Shadow_Yue

SO I HERD U LIEK NARUTO?
    Years
  • I don't think I ever posted this one but I wanted to start it. However it didn't look good enough for me so I'll post it here and get your opinions on it.

The Vanishing (PG-13)

Plot: The Earth has been around for a long time, gradually evolving as were it's inhabitants. Many more races besides human now lived on the Earth. However things are starting to disappear. Large gaping holes have appeared in the middle of deserts and oceans, homes and belongings are gone. Nothing is left but ash and dust left behind by who or what ever is causing this. This has caused a stir between the races who have lived together peacefully for a long time.

Presidents,chiefs,generals,important beings of society as well as random passerbys who happened to stumble upon this horrible figure are disappearing. Now races such as Elves and Humans are turning against each other, blaming it on whichever race they see fit. Unknown to them something far beyond the Earth is launching a plan. The inhabitants of the Earth have changed many things and the people who were there before want their land back-whether they be dead or not. Weeks have passed and a lot more things have been disappearing causing an uproar between kingdoms,cities,countries and continents. Everyone is tense about the war going on and at certain times of day it is forbidden to go outside.

Here are the Races:

Humans: Humans have expanded their technology not by much but enough to have much more advanced weapons and methods of transportation. They have been known to be seen everywhere rather than just settling in one place though every place they go does not have a warm welcome. Their way of life has not changed much as they still live in the same kind of houses as before just with more technology.

Elves: The Elves claimed their land in the western part of what was Asia. Now it is The Kingdom of Thorn, ruled by their leader who prefers not go outside the castle in fear of being ambushed by opposing forces. The Elves have claimed their territory as their sand don't want that many people crossing the borders into their land unless on special business. The Humans have agreed to leave the land alone and let the Elves do as they pleased with it. They have divided their land into villages and farms being where most of the exotic vegetables and flowers are grown.

Techno-Humans: These are the humans who live underground in a technology filled paradise. They are humans who have infused themselves with technology such as cyborgs and steel wings for those who could not fly. Here is where most of the weapons for use are processed though The Techno-Humans have been on edge with the Humans above ground as well as other nations. Their land consists of giant building thet seem like sky scrapers for living but have plent of space to move around in. They have made their own artificial sun in replacement of the one above the land.

Magicians: The Magicians have been known for their spell-casting and healing. They live in the forests though unlike elves they have raised the trees high enough to make their own towns up in the trees. The Magicians have used their infanite knowledge of spell casting and technology to cure the most terrible of diseases as well as growing herbs for their medicines deep within the forests.

Beast: The Beast are humans with animal-like characteristics and posses great agility. They are known for their great strength and giant walls that surround their land. They have beeen known to be the toughest race of all and no race would dare declare war on them for they have the greatest populations and the best weapon-makers in the world.What they lack in grace and wits they make up for in strength. They have also been known to occupy some deserts along the land of the Elves.

Element: This race has the smallest population of it's kind and only occupies a small area of land near the Atlantic. As the name implies these are the element users of the world controlling things such as ice,water,fire,lightning etc. Though there have not been any of this race to have light or dark powers that are documented,they suspect that those with such powers are hiding within other lands. Their land is composed from observations of the early human times in Europe so that what they constructed it to look like.

Here is where you come in: Find out what has been happening to the Earth and why. You may proceed to stop this force or let others do it for you. May it be because your land sent you or you have been driven out of your home and want to find out why is your choice. You may have multiple characters but at the beginning I'll limit it to 2. You could also be part of the evil that is destroying the Earth however you should not know who your leader is but just know that you are working for him. Choose your own reasons and path to see where it leads you.

Sign-Up:

Name:

Personality:

Appearance:

Race:

History:

Other:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Just going to throw an idea out there. Since it seems all PC ever gets for RPs now-a-days is action adventure based concepts. Why not do something different for once?

What I'm about to propose is a romance / drama / slice of life / supernatural / comedy RP. Anyone here who has seen AIR, Clannad or Kanon will know the type. Basically, it would revolve around a group of teenagers, each with their own unique personality quirks, within one town, usually a Japanese one. Here's a description of Kanon's plot to give you an idea of what I mean:

"Kanon's story, set in the middle of winter, regards a group of five girls who are connected back to the same boy. Yuichi Aizawa, the main protagonist, had visited the city where the story takes place seven years prior to the story's beginning.

In the beginning Yuichi is very detached from the city and its inhabitants. Prior to his return, it is decided that he is to stay with his cousin, Nayuki Minase, and her mother, Akiko. After his long absence, Yuichi has forgotten almost everything except minor details of what happened seven years before and is in need of being reminded of what he left behind.

On the day after Yuichi's return, he is out with Nayuki who is showing him around town. Nayuki remembers that she has to buy things for dinner and Yuichi is reluctant to go with her, arguing that he might get lost. Moments after Nayuki left him waiting on the sidewalk, a strange girl named Ayu Tsukimiya barges into him with little warning. Upon recovering, she drags him away to a nearby café and confesses to inadvertently stealing a bag filled with taiyaki after being accidentally scared away by the salesman before she had a chance to pay. Yuichi then drags Ayu back to the salesman, they both apologize for the trouble, and Ayu is forgiven. They decide to meet up again another day and Ayu scampers off.

Yuichi is not aware at first, but three other girls which he had forgotten are familiar with him. Throughout the story, as he learns about the supernatural undertones of the town, Yuichi is reminded of each girl and the events of seven years ago in the city covered in snow.
    "

Now, for this to work, we'd need to have a maximum of three main male characters (me + two other people) and three to five main female characters (me + two to four other people). We'd also have to give these characters unique pasts and personality quirks, and we'd sort of go from there. These are just rough concepts, if I can find enough people interested then I'd obviously expand more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back