• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
epsilon i tried messaging spherical ice and hoping that he would know what the problem is but unfortunately he dosnet know what the problem is so i hope you find out the problem and good luck epsilon

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
i hope anyone can figure it out this base is too good for its own good i orignally thought it was because he was mostly using the 16MB offsets instead of the expanded offsets but im probably wrong

Zef

zef
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
is that why you've saved doing evolutions for last? it seemed strange to me that something as simple as evos was saved for last haha

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
is that why you've saved doing evolutions for last? it seemed strange to me that something as simple as evos was saved for last haha

No, it isn't. I didn't know about the problem, and I saved evo's for last for no reason really.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Oh no! That's sad...

By the way, have you tried repointing the evolution table? Or transferring "everything" (without JPAN's engine) into a vanilla ROM?

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
maybe try using another clean fire red rom and use the bottom half of the 32MB free space that may fix the evolutions

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Yes it can be played on its own and it has the new abilities because of Mr dollsteaks patch

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Wow. I honestly can't wait. If only I knew how to edit the universal randomizer code to allow this.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I just hope that epsilon figured out the problem with the evolution issue so he dosent have to start over I know that it won't take that long if he has to start all over because all he needs to do is copy the data and tables over but if he's able to fix it while he's at this point he will be able to finish the base faster can't wait for it to be released

elbandito

The1nOnlyKidda the demigod of all things (that oth
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Talk about a challenge, I wouldn't dare try something this big, probably because I'm a complete noob at implementing new mons and attacks.

I look forward to seeing this updated and live one day, it'll help anyone wanting to build a multi region game too.

I'll keep checking back for future updates, because now you're doing this I'm going to have to try and include all the regions in my own game haha.

Good luck Epsilon

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
I'm currently porting my data to a Fire Red rom with working evolutions. I have come a long way, and it'll be fine. This week I won't have a lot of time though.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Wait so about the progress bars how will u update them now and also how far are u know I'm sure we would all like to know glad to hear that u are able to port all this stuff and still have the working evolutions can't wait

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I'm currently porting my data to a Fire Red rom with working evolutions. I have come a long way, and it'll be fine. This week I won't have a lot of time though.
But that only works if you did something accidentally. If it is the side effect of something you added, copying your previous work will do nothing. Why not first go through your backups and find the change the caused the problem? Surely it would be easier to determine the broken routine than copying everything. Not to mention the fact that copying what you did may result in the same bug.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
But that only works if you did something accidentally. If it is the side effect of something you added, copying your previous work will do nothing. Why not first go through your backups and find the change the caused the problem? Surely it would be easier to determine the broken routine than copying everything. Not to mention the fact that copying what you did may result in the same bug.

That's true, but looking at my back-ups, the bug seems to have been there all along. Plus, I managed to get 1020 slots in the new base, and I am putting all large data in the 2nd 16 mb, so I kind of like it more ;)

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
even more slots so now that means u can map even more pokemon and also does that mean u have to start all over again i believe its because u were using most of the top 16MB when the data would have been better at the bottom half of the 32MB rom so the progress? how will that work are u gonna reset the progress bars and post where you are now? this is starting to confuse me so plz enlighten me Epsilon :) good luck

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
Frankly, your deciding to port everything into a new ROM is a decision I defend because you would use better organization and more space. (More to the end-user, you would be able to give more formes and Mega Evolutions!)

Back