• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2009
    Pokemon Question

Can you trade battle etc. when you connect pokemon d/p with platinum?

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • Alright, it been awhile since I've said what I've done and right now I'm inside Route 209. The Pokemon I have with me are Bibarel, Luxio, Wartortle, Grotle, and Staravia.

Traynor

DRAGON
    Years
  • Well, I went with Piplup when I originally started my first Diamond file, and I'm using Piplup for Platinum right now. I like him a lot. Ugh, I know these are choppy sentences, but... uhh... deal with it. Anyways, I choose my starters based on who I like the most, which in this case is Piplup. But yes, the Piplup line does have the lowest base Attack stat. However, water pokemon tend to use sp. attack moves (e.g Bubblebeam, Surf, Brine), and Empoleon has the highest base sp. attack stat of all the starters, as well as the highest sp. defense stat, so he can take quite a few special hits. Lastly, he has a secondary Steel typing, providing him with 11 resistances and 1 immunity, so he can take a ton of attacks.

All in all, I like the Piplup line, but your choice depends on if you want more of a sweeper (Infernape), a physical wall (Torterra), or a special wall (Empoleon).

Hope that helps.

You know what, I didn't even think of Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense! Thank you very much for the insight! I really appreciate it!

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Need help completing Pokedex

Can anyone tell me where trainers that have these following pokemon are and what the trainer's name is in platinum?
    Absol
    Elekid
    Dusknoir
    Tangrowth
    Umberon
    Leafeon
    Licklickky
    Vaperon
    Lumineon
    Hippotpatas
    Gible
    Gabite
    Sudowoodo
    Wormadam

i need to see all these pokemon in order to finish the sinnoh pokedex

thanks!

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Mmk, couple Qs:
    1. So Skymin learns Air Slash at like lvl 64, but Other Forme Shaymin doesn't learn it at all. Will Shaymin retain Air Slash when it reverts back to it's Other Forme? If so, what happens?

2. So everyone says that Spritomb is weak to no type of attack, but if a Pokemon were to use Foresight first, wouldn't a Fighting type be able to rape Spiritomb?

Years
  • To answer your questions:
    1. Deoxys can keep any of its moves that it learns in other Formes, so yes. Shaymin can keep its Sky forme moves in ground forme (name?). I can confirm it since Smogon uses it in some of Shaymin's movesets.
    2. I guess, but why would you want to waste a moveslot using foresight? It's too much of a situational thing to use, especially with all the other options available that can hit just as hard in the amount of time it takes to just set it up. Also, not everyone's going to be carrying Spiritomb, so...

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    I'm having trouble SRing for a Quiet Piplup. If it had a quiet nature, would it be slower than turtwig? Since quiet is - speed. I just want to notice it right away.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Whaere exactly on Platinum is TM Giga Drain at on route 209? I have searched everywhere.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Not for competitive battling. For Cynthia's pesky Spiritomb.
    Foresight does give Spiritomb a weakness to the Fighting type, but I wouldn't bother keeping a Pokemon with Foresight for the entire game just for that. Her Spiritomb isn't that bad, just pound through it with a Pokemon resistant to its few attacks.
    I'm having trouble SRing for a Quiet Piplup. If it had a quiet nature, would it be slower than turtwig? Since quiet is - speed. I just want to notice it right away.
    Not quite sure what "sring" means. It's hard to tell if we don't know the Turtwig as well. A Piplup with a -speed nature would be slower than a Turtwig with a +speed nature and a neutral nature and faster than a Turtwig with a -speed nature.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Ok, I have 2 questions here for Platnium the first is:

1: How do I get my Rotom to change into those different forms.

2: How do I find what what my Pal Pad number is?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    1. To change Rotom's form, you must have the Secret Key, which will be distributed via Mystery Gift sometime (I don't know if a date has been announced yet or not). After getting that key, you will be able to open a door in the Galactic HQ (in Veilstone, I believe). With Rotom in your party, you can select one of the three items, and Rotom will change form.

If you haven't unlocked Myster Gift, on the third floor of Jubilife TV, there is a person that will ask you for an interview. For the first question, answer "Everyone Happy." For the second question, answer "Wi-Fi Connection." After saving and restarting, you will be able to access Mystery Gift. From there, go to Receive Gift->Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If the event is active, it will download it.

2. If you are talking about your friend code, you need to go to the Pal Pad in the Key Items pocket and then go to: [Your name]'s Friend Code
    You will not have a friend code until you connect to Nintendo WFC for the first time.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Hey, I have a question.

It seems that for the past few days, actually since I got Platinum, the lottery ticket lady in my Diamond has said "you already got a ticket today." Is there a reason for this or a way to fix it? I haven't messed with the DS's clock or anything, and it's been since Sunday that this has gone on.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Alright. Quick question

Has anyone else noticed that NPCs that can move can sometimes walk through a trainer accompanying you [Like Cheryl in eterna forest].
    'Cuz the other day, I noticed this happening.

If you don't understand what I mean, look below.
    Spoiler:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Hey, I have a question.

It seems that for the past few days, actually since I got Platinum, the lottery ticket lady in my Diamond has said "you already got a ticket today." Is there a reason for this or a way to fix it? I haven't messed with the DS's clock or anything, and it's been since Sunday that this has gone on.
    I'm not quite sure. Try leaving Diamond in the DS for the date change (put it in before midnight, try playing it after midnight).
    Whaere exactly on Platinum is TM Giga Drain at on route 209? I have searched everywhere.
    You have to Surf to get for it. There's a small platform opposite the trainer dressed as a Pikachu and a river going behind it. It looks like a rock is blocking it, but you can actually start Surf behind the rock and follow the river a ways to get to the TM.
    Alright. Quick question

Has anyone else noticed that NPCs that can move can sometimes walk through a trainer accompanying you [Like Cheryl in eterna forest].
    'Cuz the other day, I noticed this happening.

If you don't understand what I mean, look below.
    Spoiler:
    Hrm, interesting. Does it have any negative effects? Or simply a graphical issue? It shouldn't be too much of an issue beyond aesthetics.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Hrm, interesting. Does it have any negative effects? Or simply a graphical issue? It shouldn't be too much of an issue beyond aesthetics.

Doesn't have any negative effects. Just thought I'd ask because it seemed interesting. I don't know wether it does it in platinum, but I've tried both my diamond and pearl, and it happens there.

Back