• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back to the Past: A Red, Blue, Yellow (and Green) Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • OOC: Oh, is it my turn?

Hmm. I wonder what a Diglett looks like out of the ground...

IC: Duc and his Pikachu cheered everybody on as they battled Lt. Surge. He was a massive guy, probably one of the biggest he's ever seen. According to all of the previous battles he's seen with him, Surge apparently recently taught his Raichu some speed attacks. During all the battles, he noticed that the windows rattled. The tape was apparently there to keep the glass from shattering.

After the last battle between Skye and the gym leader, Brock showed up. For some unknown reason, Duc walked up to him and grabbed him by the ear and dragged him to sit him down on the benches.

He switched mindsets as he prepared to battle the gym leader as he was the only one left. Not taking any consideration that none of his Pok?mon have any resistance to Electric attacks, he took his place. Duc was so caught up in his training that he forgot to get a Diglett. "Humph! I'm not going to lose to another kid today!" said Lt. Surge as Duc took his place.

"The rules are simple," started the judge watching the upcoming battle. "Lt. Surge will only use one Pok?mon, that'd be Raichu. The challenger may use as many pok?mon he or she wants to. All the other rules follow the official Pok?mon League."

Oddly enough, Duc didn't have his usual headache. Ignoring this fact, Duc sent out his Pikachu. "A Pikachu, eh? This should be no problem for you, Raichu!" yelled out the gym leader as he threw his Pok?ball. When it came out, it was towering over Pikachu. Pikachu was quite intimidated, but it still prepared to fight.

"Pikachu, use your Thundershock!" Duc yelled. The Pok?mon let out an electric bolt.

"Do you really think you could defeat me using such a wak attack? Raichu, use your Thunderbolt!" Raichu let out a mightier bolt that easliy overpowered Pikachu's attack. The Thunderbolt struck home. Pikachu landed on its back as the attack blew it out of place.

"Pikachu, try a Quick Attack!" Duc yelled. Pikachu tried to move, but couldn't. The attack had Paralyzed it.

"Mega Punch!" surge yelled. The attack knocked Pikachu sky high. It landed, unconcious.

"Pikachu is unable to battle. Lt. Surge wins!" called the judge.

Duc ran up to his Pok?mon. "That was a good battle, Pikachu. you deserve a good rest." he said comfortingly.

After setting Pikachu on the bench where everybody was, Duc took his position. Man, I've got no other Pok?mon that's resistant to Surge's Raichu. Duc finally realized. Before choosing a Pok?mon, one of them popped out by itself. It was one of his Staryu. It pointed one of it's arms at Duc's vest. "Huh?" Duc said as he opened his vest to reveal the blue stone that Misty had given him. The Pok?mon snatched it. Suddenly, Staryu started to glow.

"Wh-What's happening?!" Duc said as the Staryu changed form. It grew what appears to be another set of arms on it's back. The glowing had stopped. Staryu had evolved into Starmie. Duc realized that the stone was a Water Stone. "Whoa, that's so cool!" he yelled. Thinking of his previous battle, Duc got a great idea.

"Huh, you're gonna use a Water Pok?mon against me?" said Surge in a deep voice. "Thank's for making my victory that much easier!" Raichu laxed off. It was overconfident that it would win this without breaking a sweat like its previous battle.

"Starmie, use your Water Gun!" Starmie stood there, doing nothing except look back at its trainer. It had forgotten how to use the move. "Oh great, what moves do you know?" he asked the Pok?mon. Duc got no response. Before saying anything else, Raichu had released a mighty Thunderbolt. "Quickly, dodge, Starmie!" The Starmie gracefully dodged the attack.

Irritated already, Surge ordered his Raichu to do a Swift attack. Stars flew from one Pok?mon to the other. Starmie's spun rapidly, thus flying in the air, and the attack was repeled. Raichu took some of the stars.

"Uh... Hydro Pump?" Duc yelled out to Starmie. It still did nothing. It's strong, but not that strong. Duc kept yelling out different Water type moves. Starmie landed trying to interpret its trainer. While listening, Raichu let out another Thunderbolt. This time, the attack came much faster than before, not letting anytime to dodge. "Starmie, you know what to do!" Starmie's back star spun rapidly. When the attack came close, the bolt was deflected. Duc learned that from Misty herself.

Giving up on the Water attacks, Duc ordered Starmie to Tackle the Raichu. It did so with breakneck speed, before Raichu could react. The Raichu slammed against the wall of the gym. Weakly, Raichu pulled itself out of the wall.

Finally, Duc came up with a Water attack that Starmie probably knew. "Use Bubblebeam!" Starmie gladly complied as a massive stream of bubble slammed into the still dazed Raichu. The attack knocked it out.

"Raichu's unable to battle. Starmie is the winner!" the judge yelled. "Duc from Saffron City is the victor!"

Lt. Surge walked up to Duc. "Nice battle there, kid! I like your style. You're the first trainer to beat me with a Water Pok?mon. Because of that, you deserve this!" He pulled out the Thunderbadge. "Thank you, sir!" Duc said as he saluted the gym leader and accepted the badge. "Hey, you don't have to do that, ya know. I used to be in the military."

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "Yay, Duc!" Skye exclaimed after he had finished his battling. She high-fived him in celebration of his victory. "That was awesome! And congrats on your Starmie!"

Agile curled up in her lap, seeming a little more defensive of Skye than usual. Confused, Skye looked down at her Pikachu, but Agile's eyes were on Brock, who had seated himself on a bench nearby. Skye felt her stomach tighten as she looked at him. For all the preparation she had done for today, she knew it would still be hard. He was going to do everything it took to leave today. Skye frowned and looked away/

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • "Congrats Duc!"Lex exclaimed happily. "You know that stone...I have one but mines is yellow...thats kinda weird you Know"Lex spoke out of the blue.

Finally the long day was over,everyone battled and sucsessfully beat the Lutenant.

But then Lex emembered that today was the day were brock Left. His smile dropped. He hates seeing people sad or crying. He had strong feelings for friends..."poor Skye.."he said to himself.

Years
  • "Umm escuse me but i didnt battle..." I yelled as everyone looked at me embarrassed, but ashamed... (not pping i hope)
    I sent out all my 10 pokemon: Snorlax, zubat,pidgey,clefairy,jigglypuff,pikachu,abra, diglet, squirtle and geodude...
    I wanted to train my flying pokemon for their resistances as they got previous traing form pikachu, but none of pikachu's attacks were nearly as strong as riachu, and only time would tell if they would be able to withstand the thunder attacks... i said " ill use all 9 if i have to, but you use all your 3 pokemon, unlike the rest, i want to see your full potential..." lt. srge. sent out magnemite, i sent out (not a steel type u guys, as the title hints, *red/blue/green/yellow didnt have that type*) i sent out zubat, ready to confuse and leech... go zubat, use supersonic! it hit magnemite but it had already sent out a thunderbolt, zubat flew into it training its resistances to thunder to prepare for riachu but i told it if it kept getting hit on purpose magnemite would have the advantage, not us... zubat listen and healed with leech life... it looked shaken-up a bit but the healing did help... use leech life to heal and drain its power!it worked! soon magnemite was tired and finished itself off with a thunderbolt while still ocnfused... my crobat smiled and i hugged it! it jsut learned wing attack! next he sent out voltorb, i said you can rest on my should zubat, pidgey needs to build-up its ressitance too... pidgey quickly flew in and immediately used sand attack... voltorb rolled out of the way and sent a thunderwave, pidgey dodged it with a quick attack that hit voltorb back, and tossed it into the air with a powerful gust attack... Voltorb sent out a thunder bolt straight at pidgey and almost knocked it out... pidgey being very smart now, used gust attack over and over building up power while holding it in the air, but voltorb was used to spinning as that was its only way to move, and released a thunderbolt attack... pidgey fainted and the gust fell-apart but the voltorb was severly weakened... clefiary use sing! it ddi and put it to sleep and immidately used pound to pound it into the ground, knocking it out... go riachue he said and the fairy and mouse faced off...

Years
  • "The rules are simple," started the judge watching the upcoming battle. "Lt. Surge will only use one Pok?mon, that'd be Raichu. The challenger may use as many pok?mon he or she wants to. All the other rules follow the official Pok?mon League."
    it would be 2 confusing and i alrdy stated i had my pokemon (all 9) battle snorlax to beat him, and it wasnt mentioned before as an actual rule... plus wouldnt make sense to send em back now... o well ill make somehting up... 2morrow cuz nows bedtime

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • kirby00 said:
    "The rules are simple," started the judge watching the upcoming battle. "Lt. Surge will only use one Pok?mon, that'd be Raichu. The challenger may use as many pok?mon he or she wants to. All the other rules follow the official Pok?mon League."
    it would be 2 confusing and i alrdy stated i had my pokemon (all 9) battle snorlax to beat him, and it wasnt mentioned before as an actual rule... plus wouldnt make sense to send em back now... o well ill make somehting up... 2morrow cuz nows bedtime

OOC: Don't mean to be rude, but when has anyone, *EVER* used more than 6, seperate or at once?

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: But in the games you can only carry six Pokemon at a time. And I am pretty sure Ash has only used six at a time too. All the rest get transfered back to Bill's PC when you catch them.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • Skye said:
    OOC: But in the games you can only carry six Pokemon at a time. And I am pretty sure Ash has only used six at a time too. All the rest get transfered back to Bill's PC when you catch them.

OOC: That is correct, and I can't remember any time in the show when he had more than six, *with him* at any time, which is the rule.

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • OOC: That is correct because how can you hold 9 when the maximum is 6.... well I don't know, it's up to Skye...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Let's get this squared away so our OOC posts don't take up any more space. Only six Pokemon may be carried at a time. If you want to switch Pokemon, have your character go to a PC.

Years
  • ok fine i was just quoting what dgle and like i said b4 i would fix it the next day, just that it was like 11 or almsot 12 when i posted that...
    IC: i had my snorlax carrying itself and pidgey to the pokemon center, & geodude as well as diglett since i wanted to win as fair as possible... (if i left the battle to send em to the pc or returned them during the battle it wouldnt make as much sense).
    Clefairy used a pound attack! riachu dodge it with agility, now used body slam! clefairy was injured, clefairy use double slap! the slaps made riachu dizzy, clefairy use metrnome! it turned into a leech seed attack, and started draining riachu's power and healed clefairy... clefairy now quikcly use sing! riachu fell asleep until the seed drained all its energy (which quite impressingly took a while)... the battle was finally won! he handed me the thunder badge and said you deserved it, and your clefairy was pretty tough to! & zubat and pidgey took electric attacks well for flying types! i said Ty i did train them with my own special pikachu! pikachu ran up and gave zubat a little shock to impress srge. with zubat's resistance and it worked quite nicely as his jaw dropped... i said i think we all battled you so we should go now! thank you for not making us wait after all those challenges in a row btw! he smiled and said no problem! i ran to the pc to check on my pokes and saw them all there waiting, i returned them all and sent them to my pc! i was glad pidgey was healed and coudltn wait for the next battle, but remember brock was leaving too, so i dashed back to the gym, luckily b4 ne1 left (hope thats not pping)

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Skye smiled as Kirby left to deposit Pokemon at the Center. She looked at her friends as they all prepared to leave and set out once again. The last person she saw was Brock. He looked a little melancholy, and she felt the same way, but she would leave it to fate.

"So..." she said, standing up bravely. "Are you guys ready to go?"

Years
  • Something didn't feel right. Duc felt like something wasn't just quite finished. Pikachu knew it too, trying to keep its trainer at bay by tugging at his jeans. He stared at Brock. His hands motioned for the ticket in his vest and pulled it out. Brock didn't seem too thrilled to see the ticket, but Duc knew that it wasn't his and Brock had to go. Even then, Brock reached out for the ticket. Last minute thinking allowed Duc to pull his arm away one more time. "Now what?!" Brock said loudly.

"You know something's wrong. Brock, I know you've got a good heart, so don't let anybody think otherwise." Duc said calmly. He glanced over his shoulder at Skye. "Before you leave, please talk to her. I know something's going on between you two." Duc was suprised he even said that. He used to hate relationships (cooties), but ever since he met Misty, everything's changed.

Brock stood there, looking hard at Duc. Brock knew that Skye had feelings for him. He too had feelings for Skye. He made his decision. "I'll go talk to her. First, though, could you please pull my ear? It always made my head clear." he requested. Duc gladly complied and dragged him towards Skye via ear. "Go on, say what you hafta!" Duc said.

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • Lex cheered for Kirby as hw went to the pc. Lex had just remembered something at the moment. "uhh!Brock...!" he said to him self. At the comment, he looked directly at Skye heart broken she sat and glnced at Brock. At the sight, Lex's heart broke down because he had strong feelings for his friends. But, Lex was strong and keeped his feelings inside. Skye had to make it through.

Brock slowly dragged his feet toward Skye. Lex watched and could only hoped for the best to happen.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Skye bit her lower lip as she saw Brock walking towards her. They were both feeling nervous, but all that erased when he finally neared her, and spoke.

"I'm going to Hoenn today," he told her quickly, businesslike, as they started for the Pokemon Center. He moved something around in his vest pocket, but Skye didn't think anything of it.

They walked the rest of the way in silence, but not awkward, as it might have been under other circumstances. Skye felt content. She felt ready for this change.

Brock got his things together, packing them up in his backpack, and slinging it over his shoulder. He turned to look at Skye with a half-smile, and pulled a slender box out of his vest pocket. He handed it to her gently.

"This is for you," he told her softly. "It's something to remember me...remember us by."

"Thank you," she said, untying the ribbon, and unfolding the note that had been tied to it.

"No wait...read the note after I have left," he told her. She nodded and opened the box.

Inside was a necklace. a thin, soft black rope served as the chain. Along the cord were little dangling charms, all Pokemon she had on her team. There was a Pikachu, an Onix, a Butterfree, a Staryu, and a Fearow. She put it on immediately, and clasped it behind her neck.

"It's wonderful," she told him. "Thank you so much. I'll cherish it forever...I only wish I had something to give in return..."

"You already have. You've given me something no one has ever been able to before," he told her, smiling.

Skye let the words sink in, and felt a happiness like no other. She braced herself as Brock turned to Duc and called to him.

"Still got my ticket, Duc?"

Years
  • Duc was sobbing silently, but still managed to hide this. He pulled out the ticket. "Here ya go, Brock." The ticket was crumpled up, but still was usable. Duc handed the ticket over to Brock. Brock then straightened the ticket as best he could. "Sorry if I seemed like a jerk to you, but you know why."

Brock chuckled a bit as he started to walk off. Duc stopped him. "Hey, wait a minute! I forgot to give you this!" Duc handed him a list of numbers of the Pok?mon Centers throughout Kanto. "If you can, try to call us. You know that we aren't about to forget ya, you know!"

"Thanks." Brock said as he accepted the sheet of paper. "See ya some other time! Until then, call us!" Duc yelled as Brock walked towards the harbor. "Oh, and remember to tell me all about Ash!!!"

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • OOC:How heart breaking :'(

IC:Lex watched as Duc handed over the ticket and a sheet of paper. If only he could hear what they were saying! He approached towards Brock. "Brock remember to call! Bye." Lex said reasuringly. Then he walked toward Skye and Duc. "So...Lets get going!" He said trying to cheer and enlighten the unhappy moment.

Lex got his things packed for the next day and ready to go on S.S Anne...

OOC:thats what were doing next right?...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back