• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
im not sure this is the one i used

That's the normal item fanfare.

HEY I WAS WONDERING
if you can make me a script

a person wont disapear until you get a pokemon from someone and show him.

thanx alot
PS THIS IS THE ONLY SCRIPT I NEED HELP WITH

YOU CAN USE HACKEDUNLZ
OR POKEPIC

Are you retarded? Stop capsing.

As for your question, make the person that is gonna give you a Pokemon give you a flag as well and use checkflag in the other person's script to see whether the flag has been set or not. If it has, the guy walks away, if it doesn't, the guy stays put.

Is there a way to create a script that allows you to choose 3 Pokemon out of 3 Poke Balls and when you choose a Poke Ball, the Pokemon's picture appears on your screen? I know there's a 3 Poke Balls script, but I don't think it includes displaying the Pokemon's picture.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2009
could someone give me a complete list of what all advance map movement permissions do?
the main thing i need is a premission that does not allow surf but does allow fishing

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
I recently fixed my pc and i have XP Service pack 3 now.
When i open programs like overworld editor and asvance text i get an error:

Failed to load control 'CommonDialog' from comdlg32.ocx

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
You may need to download the comdlg32.ocx file.
it's very easy to find, just google it.
:]

geno421

Script and Spriter
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 16, 2022
This isn't really a technical question or anything...

I was editing the maps for my hack in AdvanceMap and was using my Leaf Green rom as a source to know how far away the towns were in Kanto.
Once I was done editing my map I closed AdvanceMap and when straight from my LeafGreen rom to my hacked FireRed and all the trainer info and my pokemon from LF were in my hack as a continue. O_O

It's so weird. I mean now I can test out my town's by flying from town to town but still...eventually I'll need to create a new game to test events.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Years
  • Age 32
  • CA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2009
Using Advance-Map (to edit Sapphire), how would I edit in a custom Poke Ball event (containing a Pokemon that I choose)?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Cody Swablu said:
Using Advance-Map (to edit Sapphire), how would I edit in a custom Poke Ball event (containing a Pokemon that I choose)?

You would need to script in a new event using a script editor or hex editor.

geno421

Script and Spriter
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 16, 2022
Tileset question.

I am only trying to edit my tiles slightly for my Pokecenter and Pokemart.

I can find the Pokecenter but not the mart and only half of the building. I'll attach the DIB files to see if someone can help me.

Also, I was wondering if I put my new tile at the bottom of the second tileset if that would mess anything up.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
im making a hack of gold
nothing major
i just want to make it so all 251 pokemon are obtainable because i want to use it on my mobile phone using Meboy (Java emulator for Sony Ericssons + some other phones) - there is no way of linking with other games to get them the normal way
i want to know how i can add events where i am offered the choice of pokemon (like the hitmonchan/lee event) to allow all 6 starters to be obtained along throughout the course of the game.

i also want to know how to set up a legendary event - Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Celebi - where you see the pokemon's overworld sprite and then battle it

thanks
BigSteve

Years
Code:
#org $start
checkflag 0x828
if b_true goto $gotpkmn
message $nopkmn
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $move
pause 0x20
release
end

#org $gotpkmn
release
end

#org $move
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE

#org $nopkmn
$nopkmn 1 = I need a POKeMON first!

I used this applymovement script. It just freezes my game. What's wrong with it?

EDIT: It works when I give it to a person, but not when I give it to a normal script...

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Code:
#org $start
checkflag 0x828
if b_true goto $gotpkmn
message $nopkmn
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $move
pause 0x20
release
end

#org $gotpkmn
release
end

#org $move
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE

#org $nopkmn
$nopkmn 1 = I need a POKeMON first!

I used this applymovement script. It just freezes my game. What's wrong with it?

EDIT: It works when I give it to a person, but not when I give it to a normal script...
you have to use a setvar, otherwise the game just freezes..look in thex4's scripting tutorial

Years
Ive been editing sprites and changing their palletes lately, but for some reason the last sprite i switched with in unLZ-GBA looks fine but when i wrote it to the rom (i check the export pallete and export image) it had a weird group of mixed up colors and lines under the image, i cant seem to get rid of them. Is it the size?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
im making a hack of gold
nothing major
i just want to make it so all 251 pokemon are obtainable because i want to use it on my mobile phone using Meboy (Java emulator for Sony Ericssons + some other phones) - there is no way of linking with other games to get them the normal way
i want to know how i can add events where i am offered the choice of pokemon (like the hitmonchan/lee event) to allow all 6 starters to be obtained along throughout the course of the game.

i also want to know how to set up a legendary event - Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Celebi - where you see the pokemon's overworld sprite and then battle it

thanks
BigSteve
BigSteve, there's no step-by-step way to do that sort of thing -- what you need to do is look into scripting. cooley's tutorial is a fair way to start, and once you see how it works you can just use Tauwasser's scripting doc to do whatever you need.

Last edited:
Years
I am trying to play a pokemon hack on a gba devkit. I have learned that it doesnt work because it doesnt have a real time clock. Does anyone know how to fix this? Make it a real time clock?

Last edited:

Jawash

<Beat EVERY SINGLE DragonQuest
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
I know it has had to of been asked, but I got to page 32 and almost died @,@
BUT....[BUtt] xD
Uh... Can someone, anyone... Tell me a good way to change/alter trainers pokemon in Emerald?
I have used PET... [Not user friendly... Doesn't run for me]
And I have used ADVANCED BATTLE 2.2 [It's compatible with Emerald, but doesn't save]
p.s, I do know how to save using it, it's in German, I went to google and translated it.
Or could someone give me a GOOD/GREAT/FREAKIN SHWEET tutorial on editing Emerald trainers and their pokemon.... Well, just their pokemon, the trainer part is easy.
PLEEEEEZZZZZOOOORRRRRZZZZZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back