• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon enCODED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This thread is up for archival purposes. If you want to see my most recent ROM hack, Pokémon Cobalt, click me.

Pokémon enCODED

enCODED was a ROM Hack of Pokémon Firered BPRE in English.

The World of Pokémon, where money is no obstacle and wonderful creatures roam free. Under the protection of the National Bank, the world of Pokémon has a healthy economy that allows scientific advancements such as Kanto's Elite Four, Hoenn's Space Center, Unova's Castelia City and Phellis' organisation, Gem-Ex.

On the night of Sunday the 18th of September, Achillea City's museum - the home of Gem-Ex - was broken into. Alarms rung, guards patrolled the building, and Code Red: Shutdown was initiated. The thieves' capture was ineitable. Three men, all dressed in dark jeans, leather jackets and beanie hats were in the 'Animals' section of the museum, each accompanied by a Growlithe. It is suspected that the Flamethrower attack was used in their escape.

After a few days of investigation, the police come to a unanimous verdict that the criminals had well and truly escaped, leaving no evidence whatsoever. The secret organisation GI7 find nothing, and the region turns to the legendary Team Element.

The Team come very close to finding the Gem however discover that the evidence trail being followed was simply a hoax. There was only one thing left to do... allow Vertex to take care of the issue, and stay calm.

And you, along with another member, Sky, are the two best investigators and Pokémon trainers of the team. The Boss receives a letter and automatically relies on the two of you to find and retrieve Gem-Ex, even if it means withstanding tragedy, lies, violence and occasionally death.
Your travels with include exploring the marvellous region of Phellis and the nearby region of Hoenn. Ready?

COMMENCE OPERATION G.E.R.M!​

Features

• The Hoenn region makes a return with a huge role in enCODED!
  • Mini-games.
  • Quests and Quest Points.

[a id]Screens[/a id]

Screenshots

DifficultOperation.png
Ugency.png
ReallyUrgent.png
Takeaseat.png
Reliable.png
Gogetit.png
MedicalDepartment.png
What.png
VertexsBest.png
Whichmon.png
Nidoran-1.png
NidoranF.png
MagnoliaTown-1.png
MagnoliaTown2.png
Hustleandpeace.png
Misses.png
FourandTwo.png
Nostock.png
Despicable.png
OleaCity.png
TwoandFour.png
Sorry.png
Beware.png
Advice.png
Oddish.png
Pikachu-3.png
Rattata-1.png
Route254.png
Rhydon-1.png

Special Thanks and Credits

• The Final Destination - Overworld sprites.
  • NiKaNoRoU - Overworld and (trainer) battle sprites.

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
Years
You forgot to mention what happens if you choose a male or female character!
Nvrmind it's in the screenies.

And yes, layout/banners coming soon. :)

Everything's looking good!

patch.

listen what I say, oh
Years
Wow, I have to say this looks very impressive. If there already is a download link there somewhere I'm clearly blind; if not, I can't wait till there is (unless it's in Crossroads?). It's an original plot with an original fresh look, and overall looks nice. I would recommend a different hero sprite though, as it really isn't very agent-ey. Great job so far though. ^-^

bigfatgranny

Pokemon Shadow's Haze.
Years
Well it certainly seems interesting. But a nidoran for a starter? Seems a strange choice to me. Also I can see a few tile errors in the screen shots you provided.

Years
Wow, I have to say this looks very impressive. If there already is a download link there somewhere I'm clearly blind; if not, I can't wait till there is (unless it's in Crossroads?). It's an original plot with an original fresh look, and overall looks nice. I would recommend a different hero sprite though, as it really isn't very agent-ey. Great job so far though. ^-^

Thanks, patch. There is no download released to the public yet, but I'm happy that you're anticipating one. And it does state underneath thes screenies about the OWs. =P

Well it certainly seems interesting. But a nidoran for a starter? Seems a strange choice to me. Also I can see a few tile errors in the screen shots you provided.
Thanks. And I chose Nidoran because it starts off weak and eventually becomes strong. And also I like to see little boys who hate girly things get a Nidoran F and vica versa. XD Nah, I just want to mix things up, m'kay?

And if you're referring to the crapped up tree shadows, then yeah. I've added that underneath the screenshots, too. Thanks, anyway.

I'd also liike to thank Cello for making that awesome mini-banner at the top of the page. Expect progress soon~

Edit: Oh and if anyone has a hand for Overworld spriting, please PM me, I need halp! =D

Years
Well, the idea seems new. Good luck onn this project!

Thanks you, Neo-Wolf.

Anyway, I'm currently implementing my house of minigames. It's concept is similar to that of the Puzzle House in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald (I don't know about Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, as I haven't played them in ages, if I am completely honest with you...). Anyway, for now it will only have three minigames, but that is sure to change. ;D

Expect screenshots of it soon.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Nice, I like the hack very much.
Good luck on this project!

Years
Nice, I like the hack very much.
Good luck on this project!

Don't know how I missed this post...

Thanks, UltimaZelfier!

I'm still working on the minigame stuff, but for now, here's a lil' something I've inserted. It's a rare key item that has super secret attributes that Cello and Manipulation are aware of... I think.

TreasureMap.png

Thought up of, Sprited, Inserted, Named and Descripted by me! I might remove the 'Where is this, though?' part.

Last edited:

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
nice hack yougot there.
pure original i must say.
"Rrr!"is the mini game like a pirate looking for treasure?

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
lol yea.
i would love a treasure hunting mini game:D
if you mke that
can you make me a sprite as the director of the mini game?
:D

Years
I'll make it, dun worry.

And whaddya mean 'bout the Director? You want to be director of this hack? (Because if that's what you mean, sorry, but the answer's 'no'.) I can make you a character in the game if you WANT. PM me if you do. And I suppose anyone else can, too. But not recurring trainers or rivals or something, just ordinary NPCs, m'kay? I'm not really a fan of user-cameos, but I guess... Meh.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
no no i mean the director of the mini game of treasure hunting in the game.
not the director of the hack and not the director of telling you what to do of the treasure hunting lol.
just one person in the game who you'll meet in the mini-game/the person you meet the the gate

Years
no no i mean the director of the mini game of treasure hunting in the game.
not the director of the hack and not the director of telling you what to do of the treasure hunting lol.
just one person in the game who you'll meet in the mini-game/the person you meet the the gate

Ooooh. Yeah, sure. I know who you mean. You won't really need a new sprite, though. Though I do need an Overworld spriter to make me some Pirate overworlds... Anyone? =P

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Ooooh. Yeah, sure. I know who you mean. You won't really need a new sprite, though. Though I do need an Overworld spriter to make me some Pirate overworlds... Anyone? =P

I was wondering whether or not you still needed that.
Be sure to post in the team thread with details on the position. I'll update the page and have it heard. :P

I'd take the position but I'm helping several people out already and taking on side projects. xD

EDIT: LOL never mind you're already way ahead of me.

Last edited:
Years
I was wondering whether or not you still needed that.
Be sure to post in the team thread with details on the position. I'll update the page and have it heard. :P

I'd take the position but I'm helping several people out already and taking on side projects. xD

EDIT: LOL never mind you're already way ahead of me.

Mhm, waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you. ;D Oh, guys, Cello's offered to map for me on occasions. Hooray!

Cool, I like mini-games. Good luck on scriptin'.

Thank you, UltimaZelfier!

Last edited:
Years
***UPDATE***
I've taken down all of the screenies and replaced them with more up-to-date ones. Enjoy!

Frenchman.png

Operation G.E.R.M is so complex that it requires people from all over the world - even frenchmen!

BossWantedYou.png

Hinting that the BOSS is looking for you. Hop to!

GERM1.png

Well, I do, but you guys don't...

GERM2.png

Why thank you, kind sir!

Reveal1.png

Upstairs, the BOSS is surprising you.

Reveal2.png

Yeah, it goes a teeny-weeny off-screen. But YOU'D better not mess up like me!

NoPokmon.png

You... YOU CRAZY FOO' No Pokémon?

Nidoran2.png

Nidoran Female for you boys, and Nidoran Male for all you girls out there. You probably hate me now, I know. ;D

VertexHQ.png

You work in one ugly building.

Peaceful1.png

Well, it's pretty and...

Peaceful2.png

Peaceful! You should come here to Leicester at 6 o'clock, then you'd really know what busy is!

InvisibleWalls.png

Oh, Haroun, that's an ugly inside! Yeah, it is. But Mr. Puzel did that and then put in INVISIBLE WALLS! The nerve of some people!

WantaGo.png

Yes and he says some cool speech, unlocks an INVISIBLE WALL and takes you into the next room. No and he says: "Yeah? Well I hate you too.".

InvisibleWalls2.png

So you can exit after you've had you're share of minigames and puzzles, you can unlock that wall... from one side only, at least.

Route1Screenshot.png

Now you've had your share of PHYNNSE CITY, let's move onto ROUTE 1. Thanks Harry (Manipulation) for the excellent map. T'is much appreciated.

Scenery1.png

Purdy map you got thar.

Scenery2.png

Still a purdy map you got thar.

Route1Navigation.png

We all love navigation signposts... don't we? Well, I sure do... Uh, which way to the next screenshot?

TreasureMap.png

A sneak peak to my amazing pirate island sequence. There's more to it than a Map though.
(You probably know more about it if you read my conversation between me and Cello. ;D)

That's it for the screenshots. Like it?

Thanks to Manipulation for moving the thread to Progressing Hacks, too!
Right now I'm scripting the Rival script in Route One. Expect screenies soon~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back