• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon enCODED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Guys, just saying that this isn't dead. I'm just slowly crawling back to my original position. BUT, I do have some new screenshots for you:

RivalNameChoices.png

BossWantedYouNew.png

assigned.png

insane.png

MagnoliaTown.png

magnolia.png

250.png

Not much, really.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Epic bump for the young genius's hack here

Pretty good screenshots, I bet you're going smoothly with the scripting part, too.
    Well, in my free time, I might as well try making another usebar, too. Keep the good stuff coming, mate.

Years
  • ***Update***
    • Firstly, Pokémon enCODED is not dead. I have been working on it,
    • I have come begun to develop the ingame plot.
    • Here's the Rival script:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IlUydXYd50
      Please read the comments on the video.

Now, spoilers.

Spoilers are amazing things.
    Don't you enjoy reading spoilers?

I do. But I hate it when
    Spoiler:

I have a spoiler.

Do you want the spoiler?

Years
  • Good script, but could try speed up the text next time?
    It's kinda slow and you know that I'm impatient, right?

Good luck by the way.

I was tempted to just hold down the space bar, but then I realised that some people are crappy readers slower then others. But meh.

Does anyone want a spoiler? If people do then I'll spoil. I think it's a pretty good spoiler...

I came up with it at swimming; the place where I come up with all of my ideas. =P

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • I was tempted to just hold down the space bar, but then I realised that some people are crappy readers slower then others. But meh.

Does anyone want a spoiler? If people do then I'll spoil. I think it's a pretty good spoiler...

I came up with it at swimming; the place where I come up with all of my ideas. =P

Oh, so you mean the intention of slowing the text down is
    to make the slower readers read more properly?
    Well, that's fine.

And by the way, I'd like a spoiler, please.
    I am interested in your ideas.

Years
  • Okay I'm dying to give the spoiler and seeing as Ruka said he wants it I'll just post it.

[simple-spoil=some of the events in Pokémon enCODED]If you have watched the video of the Rival script, you will notice that near the end of the video your Rival mentions a wise old man that is knowledgable about Gem-Ex.

This spoiler is going to give you information about what and who that old man is. Beware that it does spoil in-game play so please do not feel disappointed when playing the currently unreleased beta of enCODED. If you would wish to read the spoiler information click on the 'Show' button below:
    Spoiler:
    [/simple-spoil]

Now that's out of my system, I'd like to say that progress is running very smoothly and I have just remapped Dewberry Village to make it a) just look better and b) be more compatible with the above event. And don't worry, it's only little changes (I'm looking at you, Ryan).

Phew that was a long post.

Edit: Methinks that the [simple-spoil] tag is awesome. I think I should use it more often. :D

Edit 2: Oh my god: 50th Post in the thread & 3rd Page, and also my 493rd post! Creepy

Last edited:
    Years
  • Soooo...

No-one liked my spoiler?

I wonder what'd happen if I said that if everything goes smoothly, Manipulation and I will have an alpha by... say... next week? Maybe a week after?
    Edit: Nah, not that soon. xD Just be patient. That's what I get for giving a date, I guess. 14/11/09

Yeah, we've mapped: Magnolia Town, Route 250, Dewberry Village, Route 251, Laelia Cave and Laelia City, and scripted up to Route 251. Aaand we've added in some secret people and places, such as the Myster-- said too much. :/

So.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Now, here's some information about Hoenn in enCODED, the newest feature to the hack.
    Before we start, I'd just like to say that there is a plot behind why you go to Hoenn, but it is not going to be revealed, yet.

Whilst at Hoenn, the protagonist can battle the Gym Leaders and Elite Four in Hoenn, which have had changes since the events of Ruby and Sapphire that occurred over five years ago. The edits to the Gym Leaders are as such:

1. Roxanne – She is now older and more mature. Rock
    2. Brawly – Looks much more like a body-builder. Fighting
    3. Tate – The now grown-up twin of Liza, this boy lost interest in Psychic Pokémon and decided to take the place of the recently passed Wattson Gym Leader. Electric
    4. Flannery - She is now much more mature. Fire
    5. Haroun – The protagonist encounters Brendan's father in the Phellis region – he is now a Pokémon Breeder, not a Gym leader. Therefore, youngster Haroun (a major fan of Normal Types) has taken his place. Normal
    6. Winona – Not many changes. Flying
    7. Liza – Her brother found more interest in electric Pokémon, so she now battles alone. She has grown up a lot since Ruby and Sapphire. Psychic
    8. Juan – He made his debut in Emerald, and is still the Gym Leader of Sootopolis City and the final Gym Leader in Hoenn. Additionally, Wallace remains Champion of the Elite Four. Water

Additionally, the Elite Four has had some changes. Such changes are as follows:
    1. Sidney – Not many changes. Dark
    2. Phoebe – Change of clothes, more mature. Ghost
    3. Harry – Glacia, the former person in this position, had retired and this lucky-go-happy boy has replaced her. Steel
    4. Drake – This old bloke enjoys training Dragon-typed Pokémon, with his Salamences 'ready to rumble'!
    All Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members will have updated, much stronger teams then in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald as they are encountered further on in the game then in the original games.

We've got an awesome idea for the plot for going to Hoenn. Don't worry.

---

The Final Destination has kindly made the male protagonist's overworld:
    epic.png

And I decided to give a shot at OW Spriting and made Roxanne and Sidney's overworld in FireRed style:
    ows.png

The top are the originals and the bottom are my versions.

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Thanks.
    Aaand me and Harry have had a new idea - we're including Hoenn in enCODED.
    Yes, Hoenn. There's a plot behind why you go, but they're, as Professor River Song said in Doctor Who, 'spoilers'. =P

Here's what we've got down (excluding the plot, obviously):
    Whilst at Hoenn, the protagonist can battle the Gym Leaders and Elite Four in Hoenn, which have had changes since the events of Ruby and Sapphire that occurred over five years ago. The edits to the Gym Leaders are as such:

1. Roxanne – She is now older and more mature. Rock
    2. Brawly – Looks much more like a bodybuilder. Fighting
    3. Tate – The now grown-up twin of Liza, this boy lost interest in Psychic Pokémon and decided to take the place of the recently passed Wattson Gym Leader. Electric
    4. Flannery - She is now much more mature. Fire
    5. Haroun – The protagonist encounters Brendan's father in the Phellis region – he is now a Pokémon Breeder, not a Gym leader. Therefore, youngster Haroun (a major fan of Normal Types) has taken his place. Normal
    6. Winona – Not many changes. Flying
    7. Liza – Her brother found more interest in electric Pokémon, so she now battles alone. She has grown up a lot since Ruby and Sapphire. Psychic
    8. Juan – He made his debut in Emerald, and is still the Gym Leader of Sootopolis City and the final Gym Leader in Hoenn. Additionally, Wallace remains Champion of the Elite Four. Water

Additionally, the Elite Four has had some ammendmants. Such changes are as follows:
    1. Sidney – Not many changes. Dark
    2. Phoebe – Change of clothes, more mature. Ghost
    3. Harry – Glacia, the former person in this position, had retired and this lucky-go-happy boy has replaced her. Steel
    4. Drake – He made an appearance in Phellis as the pirate in Magnolia Town. Now you can battle him! Dragon
    All Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members will have updated, much stronger teams then in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald as they are encountered further on in the game then in the original games.
    We've got an awesome idea for the plot for going to Hoenn. Don't worry.
    The Final Destanation has kindly made the male protoganist's overworld:
    epic.png

And I decided to give a shot at OW Spriting and made Roxanne and Sidney's overworld in FireRed style:
    ows.png

The top are the originals and the bottom are my versions.
    Nice! This is looking good! Just don't lose sight of the rest of the hack while you're working on Hoenn.
    About the OWs, I actually like the original Roxanne more, but your Sidney is better. He needs a slightly larger head though, I think. The custom Roxanne is pretty good, but she looks a little generic to me, like a channeler or schoolgirl or something...
    Keep up the good work!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Nice! This is looking good! Just don't lose sight of the rest of the hack while you're working on Hoenn.
    About the OWs, I actually like the original Roxanne more, but your Sidney is better. He needs a slightly larger head though, I think. The custom Roxanne is pretty good, but she looks a little generic to me, like a channeler or schoolgirl or something...
    Keep up the good work!

Well, no, Sidney's head doesn't need to be bigger because that sprite is in FR style. Which in actual fact, is a hell of a lot different to the R/S/E style sprites. Thanks for the compliments, though. I'm very sure we won't lose sight of the rest of the hack whilst playing around with Hoenn. Mainly, because you won't travel to Hoenn until you have obtained Gem-Ex. The Phellis part of Gem-Ex is basically only a backplot, a bigger mystery will unveil in Hoenn. Anyway, progress.. I have no school this week, so hopefully me and Haroun and shoot some ideas back forth and I can work on some scripts. I don't know whether I'll feel like making map, or not though. I know we need a new route map, for the alpha so if I can find some inspiration I'll take a whack at that.

Years
  • FireRed and LeafGreen overworlds =/= Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald overworlds.

FR/LG ones are from a higher point of view, thus making you see less of the torso and more of the top of the head, also making them slightly smaller. R/S/E ones are almost fro in front, making them seem much bigger and have more detail. Right, now we've got that out of the way, I have to say that the Roxanne one is my favourite. I feel I got all of the information from Roxanne and transferred it onto a CFireRed overworld and did so well. I can't really see what you're trying to say.

And the same with Sidney. So... Maybe it's just your opinion. Anyway, if push comes to shove and too many people think that my OWs are bad, we do have an Overworld Spriter, The Final Destanation, however I don't want to put him under any more pressure, as he already has his own hack, Pokémon Colossal Vesion. So, yeah.

Finally, don't worry about Hoenn. It has got a brilliant backstory and you will not be disappointed for whenever you get the chance to go there, which, mind you, won't be very soon. We decided that the time in FireRed where you would be at around Gym 4-5 time, you'll have gotten Gem-Ex and be going to Hoenn.

Thanks, Ninja. Hoenn is the best. I've played Ruby to its death - literally. the internal battery ahs run dry on my cartridge. XD

Well, I'm off to school now...

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
    Years
  • eh?

This is just wonderful. I'd definitly enjoy playing this. Fire-red tiles, beat any tiles you could possibly use, even my hack tiles :P But good luck sonny, though, I don't think you'll need it.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Okay, I think I understand what you're saying about head size, and Sydney's fine, but I'm sorry, I really think that Roxanne looks kind of generic, too much like an average schoolgirl and too little like a unique character. Also, the look doesn't really fit with a Rock gym leader... Ultimately though, I suppose it's up to you, and you've been doing a great job so far. Keep it up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back