• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • So i just played a couple of League games after days of inability to play due to horrible internet quality and I felt that not playing for quite a while was so damaging that in one game, I died several times (7 deaths, the most among my team) due to basic level rookie mistakes, and the game that I did win, I still fell for a lot of basic Gold-level baits from the enemy for being overeager to kill things with my Project Yi skin.

I need to work up on playing Vladimir this patch. For some reason, he feels so strong right now with the new masteries. (Cunning Tree Vlad with Thunderlords' Decree = holy crap he's disgusting to lane against)

Finally, the PC's horribly devoid of Monster Hunting RPGs. Or ARPGs in general. And honestly I wasn't expecting Resurrection to see the light of day in the West.

You don't like ARPG's? well i guess the genre isn't for everyone who likes the repetitive nature of such games aye?

So i was looking at some funny FE:A Memes and this picture reminded me of the early hours of my gameplay experiences:

Spoiler:

Frederick. Carrying the whole team. I remember those early game moments where Chrom and my female Protag jeanne couldn't even handle 1v1'ing some swordie mooks while Fred just smashes everyone while deflecting arrow shots.

Also, Fred's boast is one truly Badass Boast. Truly my wingman.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Eh? Eeeeeeeeh? Xin, ARPG is my favorite genre. I'm saying that steam doesn't have many of them.

My Apologies, i perfectly misread what you meant D:

On other regards:

- While League is pretty much still on my top priority list for some online gaming, I've just seen more and more footage with the new changes in Path of Exile and I'm pretty happy with a lot of them, though I'm also sad with the nerfs to Cyclone and Incinerate (then again Incinerate deserved to be nerfed for hypersnowbally tank-cinerate builds that are often in the top 20's among characters in HC Challenge leagues so it deserved the nerf) but I'm so hyped with making an actually legit Viper Strike melee Splash build soon, with new poison mechanics and melee splash being buffed like crazy.

- On League matters => Just tried playing Yorick again and i'm pretty surprised with how well i've been doing with him lately. I love it when people denounce anyone who picks in and locks Yorick at Champ Select. Such music to my ears.

- Senran Kagura:
    Spoiler:

I FINALLY FOUND A NEW BEST GIRL! Kumi. Fox lady... that wields weapons with her tails.

- My ARES Dragon War gaming mouse has definitely helped me improve on my play for some reason. I've been more in point with mechanics and stuff, and the extra 2 buttons that i have via my mouse has massively improved my enjoyment for most games.

Years
  • Anyone got/get anything good yet for the Holidays? As impatient as I am I spent a 20 already on Terraria on my 3DS >~>

It feels a lot more comfortable than I expected, but navigating the 3 menus on the bottom screen is my biggest annoyance right now. But hey at least it's not all on one screen.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Woah, y'know, I wasn't the biggest fan of God Eater 1 (I did like it, though), but wow. Wasn't expecting to get 2 AND Resurrection (and at the same time, even), and I certainly didn't expect to see Steam releases.
    It might have been a blind hope but I believed in localization right after Resurrection got announced =D

- Senran Kagura:
    Spoiler:

I FINALLY FOUND A NEW BEST GIRL! Kumi. Fox lady... that wields weapons with her tails.
    Hibari and Mirai still better :P

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Anyone got/get anything good yet for the Holidays? As impatient as I am I spent a 20 already on Terraria on my 3DS >~>

Most of my gaming purchases were self bought. <w<
    /ineedtogetajob. I ran out of money with all the things I've been buying, and my credit card charges might give me a headache soon.

Then again, December 26 might be something promising with SMT x Fire Emblem or Genei Ibunroku#FE. If I have to buy a WiiU just to play this game, maybe i should.. or I'll let some of my more loyal Nintendo fiends I mean friends to buy the game first and leech in their houses just to play it.. However, I'll be pretty salty if any of the promised ACTUAL SMT characters shown in the 2013 trailer do not make an appearance as I want to see my team of Demifiend, Flynn, Isabaeu, Chrom, SMT1 Protag, Virion and that sissy of an "SMT" protag called Itsuki along with some of those SMT wannabees as bench warmers.

I guess they had to rename SMT x FireEmblem for appropriate reasons.

Regarding Next year, its pretty hypey at least for me with a promising title such as Shin Megami Tensei 4: Final, a follow up to SMT4, set for a Feb 10, 2016 release. I've seen actual footage of the game months ago through shared streams to whatnot and I'm pretty convinced so far.

Then there's Persona 5. And i dunno. Atlus has 2016 on its fists so far.

Years
  • Just a reminder right now to please be extra careful right now with the Steam Store since hackers may have compromised it. It's acting pretty wonky, so I'd avoid using it altogether until Steam says they have resolved the issues. :3

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Less hacking and more of the servers just being slammed, with no one to tend to it. Which seems to have led to cached pages being shown instead. It's sort of worrying that Valve caches pages that users are logged into though. I feel really bad for those who were affected. Especially, those who had their emails and such (purchase history, last digits for phone numbers and credit cards, etc) revealed.

The good thing, is that anything store-related has been taken down, at this moment. So, it'll probably be back tomorrow.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • So i asked RNGesus three very important questions:

Should i get Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE (SMT x Fire Emblem) = Yes or no?
    Should I risk getting a WiiU just for THAT ONE or maybe three games? Yes or no
    Should i spend for more Nintendo products that I know I enjoy even though Nintendo itself is having loads of issues as a company? Yes or no

RNGesus replies (1 for yes, 2 for no)
    Spoiler:

Also vg dcc is lacking some color or pictures, let me provide some. These images are heavily resized though.

Caitlyn, Vi, and Jinx of League of Legends. Piltover's finest (2 of Piltover's finest cops, and Piltover's most dangerous lawbreaker)
    Spoiler:

Yummy Futomaki rolls
    Spoiler:

My favorite pool party, or in this case, spring lake in the outdoors party
    Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Jade Empire is being offered On The House on Origin right now! If you have never played it I highly recommend. I've been waiting for a sequel to it for YEARS! Bioware created this whole original world and its barely been used! Put Mass Effect on the sidelines for a while gawd!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • So Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE currently has a 34/40 rating on Famitsu and some video footage of the game is out. However, many are spoilers D:

However, from the looks of it, i think i got a reason to get a WiiU soon.

Yukari

Jade Empire is being offered On The House on Origin right now! If you have never played it I highly recommend. I've been waiting for a sequel to it for YEARS! Bioware created this whole original world and its barely been used! Put Mass Effect on the sidelines for a while gawd!

I have to drop by and say if you haven't played Jade Empire you owe it to yourself to pick it up while it's on the house. It's a very good, but very under appreciated game.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Insider Source stuff about SEGA ports to PC. Mentioning games such as Yakuza, Project Diva, Resonance of Fate, and Vanquish.

http://www.tssznews.com/2016/01/01/source-offers-insight-into-potential-sega-pc-releases/

Given their track record, I'd be less than surprised. My only worry is that these games'd be locked at 30 FPS. That or they be bad ports in general (though looking at the games they've currently released, it could go either way). Really, as long as they don't have launchers that more or may not work, I'll be a-okay. PC's needed the more big name Rhythm games for a long time, so I certainly won't look this gift horse in its mouth.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Insider Source stuff about SEGA ports to PC. Mentioning games such as Yakuza, Project Diva, Resonance of Fate, and Vanquish.

http://www.tssznews.com/2016/01/01/source-offers-insight-into-potential-sega-pc-releases/

Given their track record, I'd be less than surprised. My only worry is that these games'd be locked at 30 FPS. That or they be bad ports in general (though looking at the games they've currently released, it could go either way). Really, as long as they don't have launchers that more or may not work, I'll be a-okay. PC's needed the more big name Rhythm games for a long time, so I certainly won't look this gift horse in its mouth.
    Miku on PC? Wut? Just... how?
    You will be hitting notes with mouse if you don't have a controller?

Sean

Years
  • So Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE currently has a 34/40 rating on Famitsu and some video footage of the game is out. However, many are spoilers D:

However, from the looks of it, i think i got a reason to get a WiiU soon.

Just be careful with getting a Wii U, you need to check if it's worth as it can be very limited for particular users unless you're into what they put out n_n There's definitely some good games lined up for the upcoming year though, far better than what 2015 had to offer.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Just a reminder that Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 has started. It's a week long speedrunning charity marathon donating to the prevent charity foundation, and it's gotten so big and popular now, raising over $1M the last three marathons.

Even if you don't like speedruns, the commentary, bonus incentive and other crazy stuff (blindfolded punch out?!) are well worth it and you'll get to see and enjoy games you've never played, or enjoy seeing these people break a game that you did play. Well worth checking out.
    https://gamesdonequick.com/

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Just a reminder that Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 has started. It's a week long speedrunning charity marathon donating to the prevent charity foundation, and it's gotten so big and popular now, raising over $1M the last three marathons.

Even if you don't like speedruns, the commentary, bonus incentive and other crazy stuff (blindfolded punch out?!) are well worth it and you'll get to see and enjoy games you've never played, or enjoy seeing these people break a game that you did play. Well worth checking out.
    https://gamesdonequick.com/
    Somehow I knew you'd post here before I could...but that in mind, I'm glad you did, because I've basically painted VG in its colors!

...And by "painted VG in its colors", I mean I gave it an AGDQ splash and sticky with the embedded stream, so not much, but I really do hope this gets people involved or donating at the very least. This event's got a lot of energy and it's not often that we really get gaming events like this, certainly not for something like charity.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I still remember that Megaman X4 Zero AGDQ where they had to play the Iris scene because the stream demanded for it :) That whole moment was AGDQ at its finest.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2021
    GBA games on NDS?

Hi all I have a NDS Lite with acekard was wondering if i can play GBA games on it? (i wanted to play the hackroms on my ds)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back