• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Does RWBY count as anime? :3

Oh not this topic again. In b4 Satoshi goes Berserk on you

I hope that dero and mochu's posts are enough. I remember dcc having a debate about Avatar being annie may or not and to be completely honest, it was cringeworthy.

And to follow up dero's post in context with Japanese terminology vs Western (or English speaking) context, I suddenly remembered about the meaning of "Hentai" or what we mostly know it for. We often call it Hentai but we don't really know exactly what the word means other than what we English Speakers often associate with. Its funny that in Japan, what we call Hen's Tie isn't what they refer to as such. The word Hentai means "Strange object" or something like that.

I try to actually convince my friends to start calling Anime or Manga prawns for what it really is rather than Hentai but their rather short attention spans prevent them from embracing the ideals D:

And to follow up RBWY since someone was kind enough to refer to:
    Spoiler:

I would definitely fund a Senran Kagura x RBWY Crossover where Team Hanzo, Team Homura's Crimson Squad, Gessen Girls Academy, and Team RBWY fight against Yomas, outworldly creatures, and mutant mafia men or just the Senrans and the RBWY girls participate in a cooking contest. And as a bonus, I would want to see any of the RBWY girls get their costumes destroyed in a really gratuitous fashion while in action, if you know what I'm drifting at.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Does RWBY count as anime? :3

As has been said, it's as much anime as South Park is, in that it's not produced in Japan, so that westerners wouldn't call it anime, while it is still animation, so the Japanese would call it anime since all animation is anime in their eyes.

That said, RWBY is basically an American's love letter to Japanese animation. Which itself has had a preference over the last 30 years for the huge, expressive eyes found in most Disney and Warner Brothers works released since the 1920s. It's all related in our interconnected world.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I get the point, haha. It was an honest question, I wasn't even sure of if it was Japanese or not 8)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I get the point, haha. It was an honest question, I wasn't even sure of if it was Japanese or not 8)
    It is a sort of controversial topic haha. Hence those replies from us. I bet most of us thought you asked it knowing full-well that it didn't come from Japan, though. I did, at least. :p

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I get the point, haha. It was an honest question, I wasn't even sure of if it was Japanese or not 8)

Are you sure that was an honest question? :3

On the side note, it does have a Japanese Dub. It isn't too bad.

Gee, when I was 14, I was messing around with my Playstation and just doodling with pens and paper. But this guy apparently, at 14 years old is already drawing a manga D:

14 year old manga artist wins newcomer artist award

Its a good thing i thought of bookmarking Anime News Network so that i get something to try talking about with some people.

derozio

Years
  • 14 year old manga artist wins newcomer artist award

Its a good thing i thought of bookmarking Anime News Network so that i get something to try talking about with some people.
    saw that earlier. the kid's got mad talent. I still can't draw people to save my life XD;

Well this was the same Rikachu that said something to the effect of "You guys are talking about anime? Good, than it can stay out of TCTI", so I'm pretty sure she's being honest.
    #r00d

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well this was the same Rikachu that said something to the effect of "You guys are talking about anime? Good, than it can stay out of TCTI", so I'm pretty sure she's being honest.

Ah, DLTMS0 v5.4 memories. Good times.
    ... What? xD

I'm not an avid anime watcher, I'm just watching casually. And I thought I'd come and post here because why not, but wow you guys are not the most welcoming lmao

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Admittedly, I'd forgotten about that. I only saw it by chance a few days ago when I had to retrieve something from the thread.

Still burns, that post. Still burns.

... What? xD

I'm not an avid anime watcher, I'm just watching casually. And I thought I'd come and post here because why not, but wow you guys are not the most welcoming lmao
    Nah, I'm actually quite the Rikachu fan, myself, and I love when new people come to A&M. Doesn't happen often enough. And it wasn't really meant to be a stab at you so much as it was a reason for why you might think that.

On that same note, the post in question was very...strange. And it was from over a year ago, so it's not like it matters now, but I was kinda shocked to see that out of nowhere from you.

derozio

Years
  • I'm not an avid anime watcher, I'm just watching casually. And I thought I'd come and post here because why not, but wow you guys are not the most welcoming lmao
    well duhh we are rude to #r00d people.

jk ilu don't go away from this section. post moar!!

What anime have you been watching as of late?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Let's not misquote me and eh, let's just stick to the now xD

I finally watched Steins;Gate recently. Wow, why had I never done that before? It was clever and in an artstyle I can appreciate.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • To be fair, A&M has been lacking sass recently, so I have to do my part. I mean, occasionally **** on dero's **** taste in waifu, but that all comes from a place of love. Then again, I suppose sass does too, sometimes.

/sigh i miss my swears.

But yeh, Steins;Gate was good. I might rewatch it one of these days to see if I still like it. The overhype for the show's been kinda strong so I've been particularly worried that a rewatch might be filled with cynicism despite the fact that I liked the show (and the VN) a good deal way back when.

I'd certainly hope I'm not the type of person to let hype affect my interest in a series, but...the praise for that series is...pretty, pretty powerful. Stronger than most anime. Still, regardless, I'm looking forward to Steins;Gate 0. Definitely reading that when it comes over.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    at least sempai noticed me 8)

I think I avoided Steins;Gate for years because it got so highly praised and seemed "smart" somehow so I figured it'd be too serious for me. While it was serious, it was also kinda cute and silly, so now I think I'm counting it as one of my favorites haha.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I think I avoided Steins;Gate for years because it got so highly praised and seemed "smart" somehow so I figured it'd be too serious for me. While it was serious, it was also kinda cute and silly, so now I think I'm counting it as one of my favorites haha.

You are definitely having a good time with a masterpiece.

During the height of its popularity, much of its highlight reels or short clips were sorta viral at least to those who followed it and those who just watched anime for kicks. So the anime was pretty much immortalized with the likes of:

KURISTINA among many of the show's epic highlight reels.

and of course that famous "Daga-otoko-da" (totally misspelled that) or Okabe's admiration to Urushibara Ruka (Best trap)

Also, does anyone remember when we actually had animes that were 20++ Episodes in a single set or season. Nowadays we are stuck with 12 EP gems and not 20++ or more masterpieces. Blood+ (just to mention a Good anime) had 50, and I just started watching B+ again because I'm totally a sucker for Blood.

Also, to add more salt in the RBWY wound, actually never mind. I remember that RBWY has its own thread in a different subforum >:)))

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I think I avoided Steins;Gate for years because it got so highly praised and seemed "smart" somehow so I figured it'd be too serious for me.

haha omg, I literally avoided Steins;Gate for the exact same reason! ... aaand then kicked myself for not having watched it earlier.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I still remember Steins being the mainstream anime back in its hayday. Attending cons in our country was pretty fun with everyone doing a Kirusu, Okabe, and even a Ruka cosplay along with the legions of obviously store bought Naruto or Bleach costume get up on legs.

i still have a question, who named this thread "uguu"? I'm suddenly reminded of every female anime character's onomatopoeia vocabulary ever (kyaaaa, ooooohhh, uguuuu, yuki yuki, darling)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back