• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I'm the worst. I'm behind on updating all of my challenges, they're probably not active anymore, I never got around to making the challenges I wanted to make back in spring/early summer, and I haven't updated my Fairy mono of French Silver random in a long time. How's that for lazy? :P (More like busy, but...)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I just started a new full time job (which is awesome) but that leaves me with a lot less free time than I used to have for challenges. Im gonna finish my blue monocolor soon though and update that thread.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    I can clone him, but he's EV'd now and not UT anymore. His name is also Jak. lol But I'd be happy to fetch a copy of him for you. :)

Idc, I just want that shiny Mawile ^_^

It does feel kind of good that I'm not the only one backed up on challenges :)

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
    Years
  • It does feel kind of good that I'm not the only one backed up on challenges :)

yep. though i'm almost done with the Time Warp Challenge,so thats one less thing on mah plate.

Also,has anyone ever had an idea for a Challenge,but couldn't put all the pieces together?

Years
  • I just started a new full time job (which is awesome) but that leaves me with a lot less free time than I used to have for challenges. Im gonna finish my blue monocolor soon though and update that thread.

Full-time job, huh? Well considering you'll be getting paid if I'm not mistaken you may very well be able to get a 3DS and X/Y (and OR/AS for that matter) soon.

Also, this may seem like a random question, but what would your favorite main series games be to play challenges on? I'm gonna take a guess and say B2W2 or the Johto games, or Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Full-time job, huh? Well considering you'll be getting paid if I'm not mistaken you may very well be able to get a 3DS and X/Y (and OR/AS for that matter) soon.

Also, this may seem like a random question, but what would your favorite main series games be to play challenges on? I'm gonna take a guess and say B2W2 or the Johto games, or Platinum.

Pearl. for gen 1&2 I have Playr, for pearl I have a ROM and DeSmuME, for SoulSilver I have no rom, and for X I have my main game and... well, just my main game. for all else I don't even own, though aparrently Pearl has Diamond's encounter rates in it, making the two nearly interchangeable by hacking (though dialga...).

Years
  • Haha, that was directed at jd considering he's done Monos on every type and color, I think this very question was asked in the thread at a previous point. But since i'm a Mac user I don't get to use emulators much.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Idc, I just want that shiny Mawile ^_^

It does feel kind of good that I'm not the only one backed up on challenges :)

Okay. I'll get him cloned soon. :)

You're definitely not alone, haha. I tried to play my Fairy Monotype the other day and I just...couldn't. Five minutes in, I was done. But I evolved Kirlia. Yay.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Full-time job, huh? Well considering you'll be getting paid if I'm not mistaken you may very well be able to get a 3DS and X/Y (and OR/AS for that matter) soon.

Yeah, that's true, although I do have some other important stuff I need to get first that I have been lagging behind on. As for my favorite challenges game, it's probably B2W2, although Cynthia is my favorite champion by far.

I really like the first few gyms in HGSS the best, but after that it gets really tough to enjoy because the balance of the game gets out of whack as it's really hard to train up your team for the E4 and then Red. A VS Seeker would make that so much better...

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    I feel bad for a lot of the really creative challenges that died out because no one signed up for them. For example, the Baton Pass challenge, Ranger's challenge, etc.

Tek

Years
  • I feel bad for a lot of the really creative challenges that died out because no one signed up for them. For example, the Baton Pass challenge, Ranger's challenge, etc.

Born and Raised challenge... >.<

I'm still taking it, so the challenge technically isn't dead. Just the challenge thread.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Wow, that was certainly eye-opening. It's funny, because I play PMD a lot and never noticed it.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
    Years
  • The awesome moment when you finish a challenge and you choose which challenge you wanna do next!
    (though i wish someone would bump Time Warp so i could post results :L)

Years
  • The awesome moment when you finish a challenge and you choose which challenge you wanna do next!
    (though i wish someone would bump Time Warp so i could post results :L)

Ugh yeah I know what that's like, I had to wait on people to bump that thread like twice. I had already beaten Iris but had two updates written out and the last one I posted ended with me arriving in Opelucid. Same with my Mono-Color on White, that had similar results. It was even more jarring with my Wedlocke thread back in March and May when I had completed two of mine but nobody posted and it ended up being a month. >_>

And Necrum, as for that blog i've never really been one for rogue like games but I have played PMD myself. Unfortunately my copy of PMD Explorers of Sky (which has Guildmaster Rank, has beaten Destiny Tower and has a lot of stuff with high IQ) is back at my parents' house with a few of my other older DS titles.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Hey, I was wondering if I could take possession of the Kingdom Hearts challenge thread. The owner, Zorogami, has not been on since April and I would be sad to see that challenge be closed because the owner's absence.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'm really getting to this point where my brain is interpreting what a challenge is in a different way, and it's really getting me interested in just what kind of stuff might be possible that we have never even thought over before! When you start thinking about a Challenge not as this thing that is specific to Pokemon, but rather a set of games, it really starts to spark your imagination. I'm going to follow up on this concept in the future, so keep an eye out for something different in the Challenges Forum.

In other news, we're less than a month from The Carnival of Horrors! Most people will likely not be doing everything, but y'all should at least be thinking about having at least one game set aside. It might be advised to have one completed game, and one fresh game. There's going to be a lot to do. :3

Tek

Years
  • I'm really getting to this point where my brain is interpreting what a challenge is in a different way, and it's really getting me interested in just what kind of stuff might be possible that we have never even thought over before! When you start thinking about a Challenge not as this thing that is specific to Pokemon, but rather a set of games, it really starts to spark your imagination. I'm going to follow up on this concept in the future, so keep an eye out for something different in the Challenges Forum.

Heh, slow down! You've already opened a Pandora's Box with the concept of a post-game challenge. That alone is a completely different way to define what a challenge is.

Seriously, though, I'm excited to see what you come up with.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Heh, slow down! You've already opened a Pandora's Box with the concept of a post-game challenge. That alone is a completely different way to define what a challenge is.

Seriously, though, I'm excited to see what you come up with.
    It's less about what I will come up with, and more about what we come up with. You'll see what I mean when the time comes. ;)

EDIT: THIS IS MY 2500TH POST! YAY!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    So am I able to take ownership or not? Sorry, it's just that we kinda got off topic there.

P.S. I'm excited for what you have planned Necrum ^_^

P.P.S. Happy 2500th post Necrum :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back