• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek

Years
  • Imagine going with a team of Pokemon that you randomly received as eggs. You'd have no idea what is inside them until they hatch and then you'd have to finish the game with them. Sounds like a fun idea^^

That does sound like fun. I feel like I've seen a challenge here like that before, several months ago or something...

Years
  • Imagine going with a team of Pokemon that you randomly received as eggs. You'd have no idea what is inside them until they hatch and then you'd have to finish the game with them. Sounds like a fun idea^^

Sounds very similar to an Egglocke if you ask me, except without the death part and only having six that you stick with.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Sounds very similar to an Egglocke if you ask me, except without the death part and only having six that you stick with.
    Random Egg teams were a thing when I joined Challenges, I think. I'm pretty sure I tried to play a challenge with a set of randomly given eggs before. I scoured Trade Corner for them. I just went and asked like 5 separate shops to give me a single egg, and not tell me what was inside. It's an idea I wouldn't mind having around again, since not everyone wants to Locke everything (including myself). Speaking of lockes, I randomly decided to start another Nightmare Nuzlocke Challenge recently. This time on my favorite Pokemon Game, Pokemon White Version 2. Hopefully I can finish this one. Not posting til after the first badge though, lol, death is a possibility and I don't want to post a sign up only to lose right away.
    I was able to trade eggs from my HG to my Jap SS as soon as I reached Cherrygrove's PC during my NFE + Born and Raised challenge. I battled my rival for the first time using my Skitty.

It was a while ago, so I could be remembering wrong. But I'm pretty sure that's how it went down.
    You can't get Pokeballs until after you get the Pokedex, so trading would have to be after that.

EDIT: Then again, I might be wrong about this, haha!

Last edited:

Tek

Years
  • Random Egg teams were a thing when I joined Challenges, I think. I'm pretty sure I tried to play a challenge with a set of randomly given eggs before. I scoured Trade Corner for them. I just went and asked like 5 separate shops to give me a single egg, and not tell me what was inside. It's an idea I wouldn't mind having around again, since not everyone wants to Locke everything (including myself).

Welp, if this happens - which I'm all for - I can contribute eggs. I've got about 20 breeding pairs, and for once in my life I have the current generation handheld and game.

You can't get Pokeballs until after you get the Pokedex, so trading would have to be after that.

EDIT: Then again, I might be wrong about this, haha!

LOL. I really can't remember, either.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • So you think I should go for it and make a challenge about it? :D
    I don't mind giving out the eggs, I already got a ton of them in my bank :P
    If you want to, then definitely go for it! I'd make that my next challenge on X after I do a Monotype.

Years
  • Well I know there are people who have done Egglockes on the hacks such as Sacred Gold, Storm Silver, Blaze Black and Volt White (2), so through emulation i'd imagine there would be some way to create eggs for the DS games on emulators that would work similar to how Egglockes would.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Finally completed my wondertrade challenge. My final team was Dragonite, Gengar, Electrivire, Meowstick and Pidgeott.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I love the GTS. I thought I'd try and trade my Raichu Solo Run Xerneas for a low level legendary, because I still need to complete the dex and they are hard to get for solo runs, so I didn't think it'd work, but wow. I just got a level 1 Dialga, so guess what my next challenge on X is gonna be :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I love the GTS. I thought I'd try and trade my Raichu Solo Run Xerneas for a low level legendary, because I still need to complete the dex and they are hard to get for solo runs, so I didn't think it'd work, but wow. I just got a level 1 Dialga, so guess what my next challenge on X is gonna be :)
    I have level 5 versions of all the Dream Radar Legends, if you need any of those. Just send me a message if you're interested, as I don't have a trade shop at the moment.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I have level 5 versions of all the Dream Radar Legends, if you need any of those. Just send me a message if you're interested, as I don't have a trade shop at the moment.
    Oh wow, thanks a lot! Once I get around to needing them I'll be sure to let you know. (I might just do them one after the other starting with the Dialga I got earlier)

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I finished my solos for Magnemite and Seadra, finally. I'm open to more suggestions! I also think I'm going to finish my Date of Birth challenge, even if the thread is dead :(

EDIT: Someone posted in the DOB Challenge so I can post my update, yay

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I finished my solos for Magnemite and Seadra, finally. I'm open to more suggestions! I also think I'm going to finish my Date of Birth challenge, even if the thread is dead :(

EDIT: Someone posted in the DOB Challenge so I can post my update, yay
    How about Venomoth? That's one of my favorites!

Enigma

Years
  • How about Venomoth? That's one of my favorites!
    Just finished Venomoth! Played on Yellow since the movepool was a bit better in the beginning. What shall be my next solo, anyone? Did the math, and with 37/151 solos done, I have completed a quarter of my solos!

On a side note, I think at some point soon, I'm gonna work on some css for my solos blog entry, my completed challenges entry, and one specifically for any of my challenge updates.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Just finished Venomoth! Played on Yellow since the movepool was a bit better in the beginning. What shall be my next solo, anyone? Did the math, and with 37/151 solos done, I have completed a quarter of my solos!

On a side note, I think at some point soon, I'm gonna work on some css for my solos blog entry, my completed challenges entry, and one specifically for any of my challenge updates.

Weezing, Dugtrio, or Porygon. Or any pre evolution of said Pokemon.

Enigma

Years
  • I finally finished going through my challenge list in my blog, and made it all pretty. It made me remember that I was doing a purple monocolor, so I think I'm gonna complete that, since it seems to be the only ultimate I can still complete without XY. I need a break from these solos.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Retro Queen evolved in my Date Of Birth Challenge. She is now a spiffing Furret. And Petunia the oddish will be evolving soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back