• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Emblem Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
Years
  • I've been a member for about 7 years, so...Could I have the PC Vet emblem? TheSmartOne told me to request it a couple of weeks ago, but it completely slipped my mind. I'd also ask for the Committed one too, but...Meh. Technically I'm still not paired with TSO 'cause she rejected me in a PM about 2 years ago. I still have it. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Sending that your way buddy. Welcome back to PC and congrats on becoming a veteran!

Three years ago

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Was I supposed to get an emblem for taking part in the Halloween skype chat? Cause I remember seeing something about it mentioned but I could be mistaken..

Also this is random but is there a place we can view all the emblems that have ever been made? I'm just super curious to see what they all are and I don't want to go parading around people's profiles to view them.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Was I supposed to get an emblem for taking part in the Halloween skype chat? Cause I remember seeing something about it mentioned but I could be mistaken..

Also this is random but is there a place we can view all the emblems that have ever been made? I'm just super curious to see what they all are and I don't want to go parading around people's profiles to view them.

There is an emblem made for participants, just have patience until they are handed out as they have not yet. ;[

Because some emblems are supposed to be a surprise, the only way to view ones you haven't is by lurking other member's profiles. Besides it's more 'surprising' and fun being surprised by receiving an emblem you haven't discovered yet. This also helps know how you didn't work for the emblem as you didn't even know about it. :P

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

• There is an emblem made for participants, just have patience until they are handed out as they have not yet. ;[

Because some emblems are supposed to be a surprise, the only way to view ones you haven't is by lurking other member's profiles. Besides it's more 'surprising' and fun being surprised by receiving an emblem you haven't discovered yet. This also helps know how you didn't work for the emblem as you didn't even know about it. :P

Ok cool, I just wasn't sure about it and didn't want to forget hahaha.. cause knowing me I probably will completely forget about it if I didn't bring it up now.

Oh are they? Well that makes sense. I've been lurking some and some actually don't even more sense @_@ Like.. what merit are they actually awarded for besides some sort of inside joke? :C Isn't the reason for emblems to be able for everyone to obtain them- not for people who were part a certain conversation hosted somewhere OUTSIDE of PC to obtain? Hence the "Watermelon" one- like.. why make it an emblem when it was just a one dad "lol" with a certain small group of people?
    Hell it'd be better to make an "Emblem complaint emblem" since there are more people that doing THAT (posts earlier than mine for example) then are into the whole watermelon deal..

@_@ TLDR= It just sucks that I have to go around to find emblems on people that have absolutely no explaination or merit to people who aren't in the inner circle of those who specifically MAKE the emblems. :C Cause it'd be nice to know a little bit of history behind them at least instead of the description "Watermelon" for example.. sucks the fun out of it.

There are some pretty cool emblems though.. ones that are awarded for just the way you tend to post and those are the ones I find pretty awesome :3

Also..

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4918584&postcount=374

Corey and I have been paired more than a year so could we both have the Committed Emblem?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    totally agree with kura about the few emblems that are handed out that seemed to be based solely on who a staff member is friends with :/ doesn't really make sense; wasn't the emblem system implemented to encourage members and recognize those who make notable contributions to the community, not make members out of the loop? :/ for this i don't really take the emblem system seriously, and i imagine many others feel the same thus defeating the purpose of it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Kura, you and Algo Fonix have received your Commitment Emblems. Congratulations on making it a whole year!

...actually, it's been a bit more than a year. :]

As for some of the emblems. That was being discussed by staff before, and even to some of us, a few of the emblems are a bit confusing. So, we'll be working on clearing that up for all of you within time and perhaps showing off some more of the emblems we have available. However, they will not be for request, but to allow you guys to be aware of them and give emblems more meaning and purpose around PC than just a prize of winning.

Years
  • Kura, you and Algo Fonix have received your Commitment Emblems. Congratulations on making it a whole year!

As for some of the emblems. That was being discussed by staff before, and even to some of us, a few of the emblems are a bit confusing. So, we'll be working on clearing that up for all of you within time and perhaps showing off some more of the emblems we have available. However, they will not be for request, but to allow you guys to be aware of them and give emblems more meaning and purpose around PC than just a prize of winning.

Like a catalog of sorts? Staff could literally make an index sticky thread that lists all the possible emblems, but not how to obtain them, if that makes sense.

Just my two cents.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • totally agree with kura about the few emblems that are handed out that seemed to be based solely on who a staff member is friends with :/ doesn't really make sense; wasn't the emblem system implemented to encourage members and recognize those who make notable contributions to the community, not make members out of the loop? :/ for this i don't really take the emblem system seriously, and i imagine many others feel the same thus defeating the purpose of it.
    Yeah this is exactly what I meant @_@ Poopnoodle is better at putting what I feel into words than I am hahaha :3
    And I understand some emblems are for fun and jokes (like the Navi one) but other ones (like the watermelon one mentioned before) is just kinda.. like defeats the purpose ._. (like only 3 people out of the thousands of members who go here can get it.. wtf)
    Damn I'm getting worse at phrasing what I mean to say.. hahaha

Kura, you and Algo Fonix have received your Commitment Emblems. Congratulations on making it a whole year!

Yeah, I never meant for it to be like you can ask for them but I was just curious as to how many there are and I wanted to see what the icons were and stuff :3 Kinda like what Live_Wire said :33

And thanks <3 <3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Isn't the reason for emblems to be able for everyone to obtain them- not for people who were part a certain conversation hosted somewhere OUTSIDE of PC to obtain? Hence the "Watermelon" one- like.. why make it an emblem when it was just a one dad "lol" with a certain small group of people?

Cause it'd be nice to know a little bit of history behind them at least instead of the description "Watermelon" for example.. sucks the fun out of it.

Just going to add in; the watermelon one is actually my personal one, so yeah. :x That emblem shouldn't be taken seriously. XD; (Like most of the other staff ego ones).

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Well, some emblems will still be kept anonymous and left for surprise. Basically it's the emblems that leave people confused are what will be explained more. Those and a few various others may be added to the list for all to see. However, emblems such as Staff Ego emblems and such will be kept secret along with others that are pretty obvious to figure out.

The saying still stands true though. If everyone knew all the available emblems, then it wouldn't be as fun to be awarded them. And for some, it just takes the mystery out of the surprise.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

• Just going to add in; the watermelon one is actually my personal one, so yeah. :x That emblem shouldn't be taken seriously. XD; (Like most of the other staff ego ones).

If it's personal, why was it even an emblem to begin with? I agree with poopnoodle and it taking the whole point away from emblems..

Otherwise let's make a Kura emblem and award it to people who are always serious and opposed to the majority. It'd get more use than the Watermelon emblem.. hahaha

Hiiro.. I kinda like that SOME emblems be secret.. :3 but if they are they shouldn't be obscure like the watermelon one @_@
    The secret emblems can be kinda fun :3 but they should also be thought-out..

Like paralellzero one would make a really good secret emblem, for example. But it still makes sense when you stumble across it. It's more personal.. but let me put it this way: it is possible to award this one to someone who isn't a bff of the staff ._.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That's the whole point of the staff ego emblems, they're not to be taken seriously. Like really there are some other staff ego ones that don't clearly say it's the staff member at all, so...

And yeah, the point of staff ego ones is for the staff member to give them out themselves, so if you're not friends with them, thennn you're probably not gunna get it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I guess.. it just seems like the Emblems are now ovverrun by "Staff Ego" emblems.. where staff is giving emblems to staff.. and there are only like a handful of emblems that apply to everyone else (Without counting the vet, pairing, and participation emblems)
    @_@ I can only name a few, like the navi one.. or the emoticon user one.. or the drama queen one.. or the obsession one.. what 4?

The rest just seem like staff ego emblems.. and I'm not saying that we shouldn't have ego emblems.. but at least give the members a bit of history behind it :C
    Like "Pink" and "cherrim" ones are basically the same when you read the description.. the "shoe" one I don't even know about.. the "watermelon" one doesn't even make sense..
    "My goodies" ? What the heck? "The Hiiro within"? Is that supposed to be awarded for helping people?
    "I gave you a cookie"? .. Well ok.. how about giving me a more appropriate emblem?
    "Popwar bunnies"? "Knight of Hyrule?" Is that for a zelda fanatic maybe? Well it doesn't say anything about it being about zelda..

Stuff like "Warm and Fuzzy" and "=" I understand because it means that a certain member likes you.. but the other ones?

@_@ It's kinda like baking a bunch of muffins and announcing to the big party (community) that you made muffins.. but the only people you're giving it out to are your best friends. What's with that?

:C I don't want to be a killjoy. Staff can have fun with emblems as much as they want cause I understand they're not supposed to be taken seriously..

But then.. why not have fun with the rest of PC and award random stuff more often? Maybe make an emblem for an outstanding newbie? Someone who just joins and automatically is trying to help around the community or is just pleasant about making lots of friends?

I'm basically saying.. if you're gonna have fun with it.. don't restrict the fun to only 20 people who are all bffs.. when there's a community of thousands here. Have your fun with each other.. and then share that fun with others around ._.! It's only fair!

To reiterate what I'm feeling, I hope poopnoodle doesn't mind that I repost what she says because I feel 200% about it.
    totally agree with kura about the few emblems that are handed out that seemed to be based solely on who a staff member is friends with :/ doesn't really make sense; wasn't the emblem system implemented to encourage members and recognize those who make notable contributions to the community, not make members out of the loop? :/ for this i don't really take the emblem system seriously, and i imagine many others feel the same thus defeating the purpose of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back