• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
Years
  • Hmmm i think the tin tower is a tiny bit lopsided on the right.. but i havent played the original gold for a long time so i dont know if its supposed to be that way...

And i support the idea of a Seperate E4 it would be REALLY hard to script.. just copy off the other E4 but differant trainers and Dialouge...

Anyway can't wait for b3 yadda yadda yadda good hack yaddda yadda hope you excel

Maybe the kanto E4 could be the Jhoto's E4 but its their Evil Twins!!!

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • WOW Zel! Im just amazed! The Tin Tower look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! All titlescreens are really good! The only bad point that i find is the Ice Cave... You dont think that these tiles are better for inside? Because outside the iced caves are always brown (check out Seafoam Islands and the Four Island cave in fire red) Keep up the good work! I can't wait until tomorrow, im so excited!!!

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
    Years
  • Here's what I think...

Personally, I think that the E4 should stay the way it is. Not exactly, like you can have new trainers for the E4, but I think the layout should be the same. After all, fire red was basically the same as red, so why shouldn't shiny gold stick close to gold, right? Then again... I like the new changes like Carlos and Rina and what's his name. I guess what I'm saying is, I like the new people, but I kinda like Johto as it is. But Kanto, THAT, my dear friend, is a completely different story! When you get to Kanto, edit like a bat outta heck! G/S/C's Kanto was way too bland for my tastes, sounds like it could use the Zel touch, huh?
    Anyways, these are just my thoughts on the matter, so don't mind me. I love this hack more than any hack I have ever seen Zel, no doubt. When this is completed, you are sooooo shooting up to the "king of hacking" spot. I'll vote for you!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Personally, I think that the E4 should stay the way it is. Not exactly, like you can have new trainers for the E4, but I think the layout should be the same. After all, fire red was basically the same as red, so why shouldn't shiny gold stick close to gold, right? Then again... I like the new changes like Carlos and Rina and what's his name. I guess what I'm saying is, I like the new people, but I kinda like Johto as it is. But Kanto, THAT, my dear friend, is a completely different story! When you get to Kanto, edit like a bat outta heck! G/S/C's Kanto was way too bland for my tastes, sounds like it could use the Zel touch, huh?
    Anyways, these are just my thoughts on the matter, so don't mind me. I love this hack more than any hack I have ever seen Zel, no doubt. When this is completed, you are sooooo shooting up to the "king of hacking" spot. I'll vote for you!

You got a point. Maybe Zel could try and add a bit of a story plot in Kanto, then also involves the remaining TR members who just won't give up, and of course the rivals. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2007
    Zel, this is my first post, just because I found it interesting.

Did you know people are SELLING your game? O__o

I can't post the URL, but...wow, not even on EBAY. Which means an incomplete remake is being sold for 30 dollars...congrats Zel, I guess. XD

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • NormanTJ: Read what says right below my name... That explains all... ;)

Btw, zel, I've got an idea. You can't enter Ice Cave right? Maybe you should put a sprite/character in front of it that says something like "Well played of you to reach this far! Unfortunately, the Beta doesn't go farther than this at this time. But keep working on your team for the next Beta. In the meantime I want you to have this item!".
    The item could be something like an evolution stone or something like that. For instance, you could use one of those "security" guys like the one at the desk of National Park for that.

Nah. I don't want to touch the Beta anymore. For now it stays as will be in the definitive version, you destroy my team T.T, then I go back crying and cursing my bad luck to the last PC...

ho-oh looks awesome and i was wonderin if the tin tower maze is the same or different from gold?

No, it's another of those "remapped" dungeons, so expect to be confused a little... XD

Woh, when I'm gone the place builds up, and also the thread's cleared up a bit...that's cool! :) Tin Tower...it's great how you mixed the old graphics of GSC with the newer 3rd gen ones. It rather looks LOL when you see a GBA sprite jumping around GB palettes! :laugh: And it's cool how you got the sun there behing Ho-oh, but what's with the bit between you and Ho-Oh? Also, the Ice Cave sends shiver's down my spine...it's even frozen on the outside too! That's creative how Carlos (is that your real name, may I ask?) stops at your tracks...how the trainer must have felt... :P Kudos once again Zel, kudos. ;)

Thanks for the comments... I also like how the player jumps as he did long time ago :D
    What's with the bit between you and Ho-oh?, well, it's really flying towards you, so it'll stand quite close to you before battling, anyway.

By the way, since Carlos is a VERY common name here in my country (not to mention it's almost like a "generations name" in my family, I kinda hate it. That lets me battle freely against myslef... :laugh: So, I prefer my nick Zel (which also reminds me of a few things I did in the past... :))

About translation. Zel... I actually go to a french school. If you'd actually want a french version, an english version, and someone's translating you a spanish version, no? Well it would be possible. Just gimme a... typed post/PM. Anyways, in the Beta, we won't be able to battle Carlos outside of Ice Cave right, since it just ends there? Or do we battle him and then we can't go in Ice Cave because Carlos was so angry because he knew he would lose the minute he stepped outside he sealed it shut until the next beta (I went wayyy to far)? Also, is Ho-Oh gonna be catchable in B3? Really weird you'd use GSC tiles for a 3rd gen hack. It's your choice though. Yet you put 3rd gen TR teleporters. Looks like TR left their mark at Tin Tower. Too bad they didn't catch a Ho-Oh while they were at it.

Well... I can't really work on any translation, so if you think you're up to the challenge of translating (this would mean you'd need to know to work the tools to do so, obviously), I will not have problems.
    Carlos wouldn't say "this is the end of the road for you" and run away, would he? Of course!, he wants to defeat you! XD (Then we won't go in because of... because of... It's very cold...! :laugh:)
    Ho-oh is catchable (but I suck, and always kill it... O.o)

WOW Zel! Im just amazed! The Tin Tower look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! All titlescreens are really good! The only bad point that i find is the Ice Cave... You dont think that these tiles are better for inside? Because outside the iced caves are always brown (check out Seafoam Islands and the Four Island cave in fire red) Keep up the good work! I can't wait until tomorrow, im so excited!!!

Gracias Kike! Thanks for complimenting my tiles (I guess you were refering to tiles and not titles... :P)
    Why not the Icy Ice Path...? after all... it's Icy... It's just a creative touch, don't you think?

Wow, I´m impressed, this scans look awesome!!! I love this hack!!! I don´t have words to describe them...

T.T You, Neos, being a tile changer, being happy from my screenshots T.T
    Gracias, che! Te lleno de posts tu tema! :D

I'm sorry, I'm getting excited also, so I'm speaking "Spanglish" again... XD

Well, for those who would like to make a challenge at SGX. I'll just give you this little spoiler, read it if you don't mind to know the pokes and levels the Leaders will have... Just to know how much training you'll need...

Spoiler:

@Deokishisu: Or... he couldn't leave as is. I mean personally I'd rather have another E4 after getting another set of badges, I mean appart from the HM rights and Stat boosts that badges give, what is their purpose but to let you take on the E4. Also, this is my opinion. But I think people agree with me.

It's not about how you or I personally feel, it's how zel want's it to be. I'm pretty sure he'll stay as close to a remake as possible. Sure, he threw in some extra trainers and remapped caves and other things but that's about as extra as I think we should get in the regular version. The harder version, being farther away from an actual remake due to increase in difficulty, should have extras that make the game harder, like that Kanto Elite Four. Why make a Gold remake if you're gonna add things that affect the plot and storyline of the game?

I can't wait 'till beta3 zel! Oh well, we'll wait even though it kills us. Good luck with whatever you're doing right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Heh, the levels for the gym leaders of SGX doesn't seem that bad...it's a good raise, but with time spent training I can own them. ;) So what about the E4 thing though? Are you gonna take the others' opinions and make the Johto and Kanto League separate, or will you leave it the way it is? :\

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    "I don't need you around, so this is the end of the road for you!"

Does that mean to end the beta you're going to kill us?

The tin tower looks AWESOME!!! How do you do it?

You should get a job at Nintendo! Lol...

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    A thought came to me, so maybe to make the hack better in SGX is to have a continuation of the Johto and Kanto E4, so instead of fighting 5 people in a row, you fight 9 people(including Lance) after you earn all the 16 badges

but the first time you fight them with 8 badges maybe the idea you just go through the Johto E4 just to have it a little bit easier at the time in the begginning,

But those who fought all the Kanto leaders and have earn all the badges could come back after to get a real challenge at anytime they want to. Though zel could just leave it the normal G/S/C way.:P

Last edited:

horsegon1

Im a Magikarp!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2012
    well...

i have bean following this from the start but havnt posted because i forgot my password:p so zel i really cant wait til tomorrow i have bean playing it on my psp

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    hey zel, i could probably translate the game with this translating site i go to for german hw, lol (i use it every time lol it helps get my hw done faster lol) its wrox fine! (well i get them right in german!)

here zel, what does this say in spanish! (your spanish right?)

¡NO DIGA A PIRATAS! ¡ORO BRILLANTE PARA SIEMPRE!

so watcha say? i can translate it to

french, german, portuguese, russian, and spanish

also

the screens are awesome! but i too, when i first saw the the pic of ho-oh on tin tower, it does look a little.... lopsided

the sun isn't centered with ho-oh and the hero, and im kinda perfectionist too

but who cares! you almost done! and DAMN THOSE PIRATES! cant wait til tomarrow!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I there's no point in translating the game into all these languages, unless someone who spoke that language asked for it (in English). :\

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    It would be hard to script a new E4, and I haven't even thought about the Elite Trainer's you'd have to use. I think Zel should make some of those Battle Frontier people Elite trainers. Nah.. bad idea. They can stay in BF, and in Emerald version, where they belong. Can't wait for tomorrow zel, but PC is so multicultural that time zones vary a sh*tload.

Take your time, zel. But not too much time :P jk, jk.

EDIT: @Shurikenway: 9 E4's are way too much. You'd need a PC center in the middle of it, or a mart, or a checkpoint at least. To have to restart would be way to frustrating for my taste. I'd die if I was at the 8th and just got innahilated. Imagine those level increases, and imagine them in SGX!

@Zel: Translating is just plain old text editing. I can do that. It would be awfully boring, but I can do it. The more languages you've got it in, the more pirates to be pirating it! ha. ha. ha. bad joke. SAY NO TO PIRATES!
    Wow, a bold italic blue underline in caps has got to mean something.

Last edited:

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I Guess i left a little info out, if some people dont understand, MY IDEA was to battle only the Johto E4 (5 people) the first time and forward on till you earned ALL 16 badges, zel COULD have the Johto and Kanto E4 together.

EDIT: @maz: but yah thats a good idea, have a rest stop in the middle of it sounds good. And each E4 trainer doesnt have to a huge level increase, they could be relatively the same but a little stronger. Getting Frustrated is no fun. But only if he accepts this idea, but not 99.2% likely.

Last edited:

Joe Fantasy

Fantasy Raider
    Years
  • Awsome game! I played it and it was incredible! Spectacular! Out of this world! I was in shcok and full of tears of joy when i played the game. Viva le C/G/S!
    Here are some bugs/misshappens durring my game play that sortove discouraged me a little:
    >No PokeGear
    >I couldn't enter the light house
    >When the battle starts, some of the trainers name have 4trainer/1...Its annoying
    >The trainer sprites run through you like nothing.
    >When you enter golden rod city, you rival calls and then this invisible glitch thing pushes you against the fence
    >No Berry/Capricorn bushes
    >No Phone feature
    >No radio... Sad
    Thats it! Thats every little thing that brought me down a little. I love your game. If i were to choose the best pokemon hacker since 2006 it would be you! Congratulations! Love your game and keep up the good work. Btw, when is the last version of the game out?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I am so freakin exited about the b3 release tomorrow I don't enven know what to say

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
    Years
  • hey zel... You remember that idea i sent u???

here it is if u dont remember

You know how the elite 4 is weak in the old G/S/C games? You should leave it that way...I propose a new idea. After you collect the Kanto badges, there should be a new E4 exept it wont be an E4... It will be an E8 + a champion making a total of 9 trainers.

While the Hero (Gold) was out collecting the Kanto badges, Lorelie and Agatha Re-Join the E4 after there time off... Former Team Rocket Leader Giovanni makes his return as an Elite 8 member (this will sort of explain what happened to giovanni after Red defeated Team Rocket 3 years ago if you can think of it) and Lance is an Elite 8 member aswell so he is no longer champion because the New Champion will be Golds rival "Silver" because Silver was Training intensely after you last fought him and he eventually Over thows the E8 and becomes the Champion(perfect story to use)...

but you should make this available after you collect the other 8 badges and have 16 in total. it would look Something like this-

E1-Will
    E2-Lorelie
    E3-Koga
    E4-Bruno
    E5-Karen
    E6-Agatha
    E7-Giovanni (surpring everybody if you ever do this)
    E8-Lance
    Champion-Silver or Carlos

It doesnt have to be in that order but that looks fine to me zel...

If you want to make it a little different from Gold... Then PLEASE consider this idea because this is what evrey Hardcore PKMN gamer really wants.

remember that pm lol?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back