• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon DawnRuby and DuskSapphire

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
PokemonDuskDawn.png

Made With: RPG Maker XP
Language: English

Concept

This game is a remake of the original R/S/E games, featuring all 493 Pokemon, as well as 107 new Pokemon, making it a "Gen V" game.
It takes place in Hoenn and Pento, a new region.

Story

This is a remake, so I don't see the real need for a story, no? And the extra storyline will be secret.

Features

600 Pokemon: Catch an incredible amount of Pokemon during the course of the game.
? Pokemon: A special, however widely known type of Pokemon starts to appear!
More than just Hoenn: Explore the mysterious region of Pento and solve the mystery of ? Pokemon!
Version Exclusives: Some Pokemon can only be found in DawnRuby, while others are only found in DuskSapphire!
Minigames: Several minigames will enhance your experience, and some require you to play them before you can move on with the game!
Think outside the ball: All 600 Pokemon can come out of their Pokeball and follow you!
Wi-Fi Connection: Trade, battle, and play minigames with hundreds or even thousands of people online!
The Hoenn Battle Frontier: Fight your way through the original 7 facilities!
Pokeblock help Contests: Blend berries with you and up to 3 friends to make Pokeblocks that can used to boost your Pokemon's stats for a Pokemon Contest!
Event Pokemon: Event Pokemon will given away on certain dates!
The Devon Corp. Cloning Lab: The Devon Corp. Cloning Lab is located somewhere in Hoenn. Once you find it, you can pay a large fee of $50,000 to clone a Pokemon! You can also revive fossils here for a small fee of $500.
Catch Groudon and Kyogre: When you do something special, Kyogre (DawnRuby) or Groudon (DuskSapphire) will appear!
Shiny Areas: In very few places are one shiny patch. If you enter a wild battle when standing on this patch, you will always encounter a shiny Pokemon!
Pokemon Variants: You walk into a cave full of Slugma. In the center, there is bubbling lake of green sludge. Coming out of this lake are Green Slugma!
These Pokemon variants are Pokemon that have adapted to other environmental conditions. For example, the Green Slugma in the story above is called a Sludgema and is a Fire/Poison type. However, it is still classified as a Slugma, just a different form.
There are many Pokemon variants! Can you catch 'em all?

Version Exclusives

DawnRuby

Nidoran-M
Nidorino
Nidoking
Magmar
Magikarp
Gyarados
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Murkrow
Pineco
Forretress
Magby
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Mawile
Illumise
Zangoose
Solrock
Duskull
Dusclops
Latios
Cherubi
Cherrim
Honchkrow
Glameow
Purugly
Gible
Gabite
Garchomp
Skorupi
Drapion
Magmortar
Dusknoir
Shaymin
Combgleam
Combshine
Mirroflect
Erupcean
Grideous
Flamethrow​
DuskSapphire

Nidoran-F
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Electabuzz
Misdreavus
Gligar
Elekid
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar
Lotad
Lombre
Ludicolo
Sableye
Volbeat
Seviper
Lunatone
Feebas
Milotic
Shuppet
Banette
Latias
Buizel
Floatzel
Mismagius
Stunky
Skuntank
Croagunk
Toxicroak
Electivire
Gliscor
Manaphy
Psyseed
Telestump
Levioak
Powerplant
Lizling
Dragoon
Hydraco
Foytear
Skunbomb
Currave

Screenshots

Demo Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Website

http://www.pokemondawnrubydusksapphire.weebly.com

Team

~Frozen Darkness~ - Project Leader, Spriter, Mapper, Eventer.
Blaniel - Spriter/Graphic Designer
Crazyninjaguy - Programmer

Progress

Bold-Working On
Normal-Haven't Started
Strikeout-Finished

Maps

Littleroot Town
Route 101
Oldale Town
Route 102
Route 103
Petalburg City
Lower Route 104
Petalburg Woods
Upper Route 104

Rustboro City

Events

Littleroot Town
Route 101
Oldale Town
Route 102
Route 103
Petalburg City
Lower Route 104
Petalburg Woods
Upper Route 104

Rustboro City

Sprites

#494-600

Glitches

Crossed out means fixed.
Red means Dangerous!

1. When you enter a building and walk out without moving around the building, you will appear to be inside, but you'll actually appear outside.

Why?

This is because the Dependent Events (The Pokemon following you) remain outside. Try moving to a new area to fix this.

More will come soon when they are found.

Credits

Nintendo/Creatures/Game Freak - for creating Pokemon!
Poccil - Starter Kit.
Wichu - Help with some scripts.
help-14 - Pokemon Follow Script!
Varietyvidsnet - Mystery Gift Script!
Peeky Chew - New Front Page Layout
PokemonPlatnum -Providing tiles
Crazyninjaguy - Putting tiles into a tileset
Kyledove - The tile creator :)

If I forgot to put you in this list, notify me and you will be added.

Thanks for reading! :)​

Last edited:

deeelove

Dradradra drama BEATZZ
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
sounds like a great idea! I like the whole pokemon following you. good luck! If you need any banners i'm here for ya

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
1. Yeah, it's called making 4 sprites for the battle (and 16 small OW sprites) for the Pokemon and editing the pokemon.txt file. I already have all of them mostly planned out.
2. Have you noticed the "subject to change" in the parentheses?
3. One other region isn't the hardest thing in the world.
4. I forgot to place a "STC" there.
5. I already have 493 OW sprites, making the others shouldn't be that hard.

And my other game got nowhere because no one one bothered to help me. I can't make a game by myself!

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Awesome

SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!
Notify me when its done or in BETA phase...It sounds brilliant, something worthy of NINTENDO itself!
I Wanna get a DS flash card just for this!
Good luck
Hope its ready soon...

Although i dont have much spriting experience... I have graphic design in my blood and would be happy to help, The last project i was gonna work on fell through so im free for a while... just let me know. I'd love to help!

Last edited:

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
A DS flashcard would be useful, believe it or not, once this is made far enough to be used for PokeDS.

Graphic design is greatly appreciated, as I'm not very good at it. (Looks at Magikarp drawing) I could use some banners with either starters or legends on them.

Speaking of banners, deeelove made me this:
PokemonDuskDawn.png
Definitely going in my siggyand in the support section of the thread and site! :)

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Wow! This looks amazing! I would love to help out, but I am not sure what I could do.

Last edited:

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
u still need banners? or i could do a cover/title screen

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
I could use a better title screen. Banners would be nice too. :)

Update!

New Treecko sprite! Yay!

252i.png
252s.png

Please tell me what you think, and be honest, this is only my second scratch sprite. (Based off of Aragornbird's drawing)

Last edited:

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
I like it. Its not the best out there, but its nice. Its great for only your second one.

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
im working on the new title screens but they probably will only be done in two weeks....Is that ok? (sorry i cant finish them sooner but another project came up and i need to focus on that for now)
I really would love to help!

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
Years
I could use a better title screen. Banners would be nice too. :)

Update!

New Treecko sprite! Yay!

252i.png
252s.png

Please tell me what you think, and be honest, this is only my second scratch sprite. (Based off of Aragornbird's drawing)

That's pretty darn awesome for it being only your second scratch, but unfortunately it's way too big. I mean, just look at Turtwig's D/P/Pt sprite and think of how awkward that Treeko would look. He'd dwarf poor Turtwig.

Also, yeah, I gotta echo the sentiments made above about you perhaps biting off more than you can chew. If you just limit your scope and focus on one or two key features, you'll have a much better game. Trying to do "everything" just makes the game worse overall.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Maybe it's supposed to be a 128x128 sprite, rather than a 80x80 sprite?

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
very true, it is a NDS hack after all

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
oh is this completely from scratch?