• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon DawnRuby and DuskSapphire

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    If its a remake
    You should make new tiles
    Becuase I doesnt look very good without new ones
    To tell you the truth
    Find some and us them

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • If you saw some tiles that I made (which are deleted now anyway), you'd be blind from the epic fails that they are.

And I haven't seen any complete Hoenn tilesets, the closest one is Dew's which will be used in Alpha 1.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Pokemon DR&DS has a new programmer, crazyninjaguy!

I'm very proud to have another team member, especially a programmer, which I consider a very important position. :)

So, basically, there will be a lot of custom scripts thanks to him. :)

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • I actually have a screenshot this time, and it's of DR/DS's new system: The side-screen!

Basically, it places 2 screens horizontally, however, the map fills both screens. A drop down Menu is on the side (not programmed yet) and the battles and pokedex use two different screens like in HG/SS

First, an old screenshot featuring a Taillow found in a Shiny Patch, you cant really tell that its a shiny patch pokemon, though:

capture016x.png

Now, the side screen:

capture017.png

Years
  • Why a side screen? Surely you could incorporate a drop-down menu into a slightly larger single screen instead of making it twice as long. It looks really quite odd to play like that with the ratio skewed so much.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • I thought that a bit at first, but then I realized that the battles would be incorporated with the attacks of the right side with the battle going on the left side. Pokedex would be essentially the same.

But, I can see your point, as everyone has their own opinion. I, for one, like the view of more of the map, and then there's my argument about the battles and pokedex, but then again, it could be done on one screen.

Wow...I contradicted myself a lot there....or did I?

Years
  • I just don't think it works with double sizing it width-wise. Because it's already wider than it is tall, it looks horribly skewed. If it was, maybe, 80 pixels wider, so it was twice as wide as it was tall, it wouldn't be so bad. But anyway, it's all down to personal preference, I guess.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Yes, but nothing is skewed; it's only that the screen allows more of the map to be seen.

The characters and tiles remain normal.

But maybe that's what you're talking about that's bad.

I'm doing this mainly to be original, with a few games having dual screens, why not have something new?

Years
  • Well i've changed it now so that it's a little less, elongated...
    It;s still bigger than the default Essentials size, but it'll be alot better once i've finished scripting all the systems and cleaning up ^.^

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • I promised CNG that I would keep this secret until his thread got posted, so now:

Spoiler:

We went to Dual Screen and brought a battle system with it!

The icons are animated :D

We've been workin on scripts and other stuff lately, so expect a slightly delayed demo release :)

Years
  • I promised CNG that I would keep this secret until his thread got posted, so now:

Spoiler:

We went to Dual Screen and brought a battle system with it!

The icons are animated :D

We've been workin on scripts and other stuff lately, so expect a slightly delayed demo release :)

Nice Dual screen battle system;)
    It will be a cool game:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I like the idea. I hope you prove, those who say you are being over amitious, wrong and pull this off because if you do I think it would be a great game.

Years
  • Thanks! :D

And just a little sneak peek of an event: The...(Drumroll)

Spoiler:

Enjoy! :D

:rambo:Nice event ^^ Deoxys Vs Shedinja O.o and Shedinja could win
    awww... mann... probably because it's Shedinja(100)Vs Deoxys(50)

Anyways nice event, i'm waiting it to develop more further.
    and also the dual screen is good.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Yah, Shedinja was just a test. Notice T-Wave :D

Now that the little sneak peeks are done, I'll get back to working on the rest of Rustboro City, which is actually just the Gym :D

Buildings in Rustboro aren't accessible in the Demo.

Years
  • Its looking good, especially the dual screen system. The only thing I dont like, and this is just personal, is the two game system. I've always looked upon needing two games to get all the pokemon as a commercial tool just to get people to buy more from nintendo. But, like I said, its just a personal thing.

Jacob77

Are you reading this?
    Years
  • Its looking good ... The only thing I dont like, and this is just personal, is the two game system. I've always looked upon needing two games to get all the pokemon as a commercial tool just to get people to buy more from nintendo ...

I agree here , but Lovely work ! Hope you'll pull through!

/Jack "Koba"

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Its looking good, especially the dual screen system. The only thing I dont like, and this is just personal, is the two game system. I've always looked upon needing two games to get all the pokemon as a commercial tool just to get people to buy more from nintendo. But, like I said, its just a personal thing.

I know, but the thing is with R/S is that the evil teams, Mascots (obv), weather change with the versions :D

There's also the obvious fact of different Pokemon, making Pokedex completion harder :)

Just my $0.02...I think :D

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Team took a hit today: CNG has left the team :(
    Although he's working on one last script. Then, I'll release the demo :)

Just a small update.

Demo is ready for release, so we're hiring testers!

I'm too lazy to press edit and wait for a page to load, so im taking advantage of the auto merge :D

Last edited:

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Progress is really slow, and I really dont have any team members to help me out...

When CNG helps me with my editor problem, I'll reposition the sprites and will son hopefully release the demo. :)

Back