• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon DawnRuby and DuskSapphire

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    ah, so do you still want titlescreens/sprites? sorry about the delay but its finally cleared up, so im free to help

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Flip! I dont have aim please at least wait til im done with sprites

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • No problem, I wasn't forcing you to make any sprites just yet.

Anyway, Another Update! And a good one too!

It is a Mystery Gift Script! If you have a .mysterygift file (Which I'll give out periodically when the game is released) in the folder where the game is located, you'll receive an Event Pokemon that varies depending on what file it is!

So if you had this file, for example: Eigakan Arceus.mysterygift , you'd then receive an Eigakan Arceus in the game!

These Mystery Gifts can be claimed in a special location known as the Mystery Gift Chamber!

Lastly, I would like to start a poll: Should the 2003-2010 Events be reincarnated in these games via the Mystery Gift Chamber?

Original Script made by: VarietyVidsnet
    Modified By: ~Money Stack~ (To include event moves and shininess)

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Sorry for the double post, but this is an update, so I think this is okay...

The Development forum is now open! It's nothing fancy though.
    You can find the link in my sig.

I'm working on Littleroot Town still, but it should be done soon.

Also, I really could use tiles, because right now I'm using RSE tiles, and these may be seen in the demo unless someone is willing to make some tiles for me. Otherwise, I'm going to be using Kyledove's tiles.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • ....The project just seems too overambitious to me. You want to have all these dozen of features in a project like this. I really do think that you should strike out the idea of 600 Pokemon. 493 are more than enough, and I don't know if you'd be able to get a good enough spriter to design and sprite these extra 107. You have to think how you'd be able to pull all of this off and you need to see if you will have time to do so. Most games that are overambitious like this barely get any development done, I hope you are not one of those.

It's hard to comment on something like this because no working evidence has been provided and the whole thread is just overflowing with ideas that keep coming in constantly. It's good to have a lot of ideas though, what would be a developer without those. What I'm trying to say is, focus on smaller things first and perfect those. While you are doing so, you should progress and learn more things which would allow you to progress to the more ambitious ones. Also you should make some changes to the Hoenn plot rather than keeping it identical to the original games, that would get more people interested. Look at other Hoenn remakes like August Emerald or Lustrous Emerald, to get some inspiration story-wise. If you could pull it off, it would be great.

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    are you back on poke community now?

oh by the way you still want title screens right?

anyway if you do i thought it might look nice to have it in a similar style to original ruby/sapphire with the silhouette and glowing markings but with a dusk/dawn twist

on my profile will be an album with the rough draft of how groudon may look
    just tell me if you dont like the idea or already have new titles

il post the drafts soon...

Last edited:

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Luka S.J.: I see exactly what you mean, I think 493 Pokemon would be okay, to be on par with HG/SS. If a devoted-enough spriter comes along, then maybe, but yeah, I'll probably get rid of this feature. I have some progress made, its just that I didn't really post it up yet. And I have changes to the story covered.

Thunderblast: I'm probably going to be using Kyledove's tiles.

Blaniel: Sounds like a good idea (Title Screen-wise) A "glowing" effect would look beautiful. I still need to look at Groudon.

Edit: Nvm. It's not posted yet.

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    sorry for the late post but is a pixel over alright?

anyway it doesnt have a background yet but
    here is what i have so far http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5113

Update:
    now has background

Update:
    finals now complete for both
    Please check previous url...

Thanks for the comment, should I add a logo to them then instead?

Last edited:

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Update!

Finished Littleroot Town and Route 101, you can see the two maps at the Dev. forum.

Working on Oldale Town right now, but I could really use some new tiles. I'm a horrible tile spriter, so I can't make them for my life, because Kyledove's tiles lack special tiles meant for Hoenn (Your house, Lab, etc.) So, I'm using FR/LG tiles right now with a select few R/S/E tiles.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Update!

Finished Littleroot Town and Route 101, you can see the two maps at the Dev. forum.

Working on Oldale Town right now, but I could really use some new tiles. I'm a horrible tile spriter, so I can't make them for my life, because Kyledove's tiles lack special tiles meant for Hoenn (Your house, Lab, etc.) So, I'm using FR/LG tiles right now with a select few R/S/E tiles.

Finally! An update! They look pretty good, but you should use custom tiles.

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
    Years
  • I have an idea for your game. Why not try Pokemon SapphireDusk and RubyDawn as names for your games. That's the thing that popped at me most about your in-progress game.

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    have you started the glowing effect yet?
    if not, i have posted new titles with much better backgrounds.....same link check them out if you have time...

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2012
    Nintendo and Gamefreak dont mix.

Nintendo did not make Pokemon, Gamefreak did. 'The actual Pokemon Company' Nintendo was just the publisher and etc. Okay so Nintendo did not make Pokemon so edit your credits.

Back