• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
I'm stuck, what do you do after you beat Goldenrod's leader? I go to the route after the park and there's this tree blocking the way that you can't cut.

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
Or If you don't want to play fair, you can cheat with gameshark and action replay and all that...
If you do, remember to use Fire Red codes (or so I believe; I've never done it myself, but it was worth the mention).

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm stuck, what do you do after you beat Goldenrod's leader? I go to the route after the park and there's this tree blocking the way that you can't cut.
More walktrhoughs? Oh, well, go to the florist's in Goldenrod, near the Gym, and one of the girls will give you a watering can. Now water the tree. Like in gold. :)

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Also i downloaded it and i cant get to the lighthouse or cianwood city its blocked off.... can someone transfer the rom instead of the ips i got it working last time but now my fire red doesn;t want to to work

martauros

Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever
Years
Also i downloaded it and i cant get to the lighthouse or cianwood city its blocked off.... can someone transfer the rom instead of the ips i got it working last time but now my fire red doesn;t want to to work

You propably have beta2. The newest verion for now is B4 preview. Go to first post and download it

Ryousha

Years
I have b4 but it wont play! WAAAh and that thread that shows you how to use it doesn't even work!

this is lame not that it doesnt work Im stuck with an old beta!

Ryousha

Years
Its pretty much clean, but im just saying if anyone can make shinygold into a rom so i dont have to patch it please I can't patch it o.o.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Its pretty much clean, but im just saying if anyone can make shinygold into a rom so i dont have to patch it please I can't patch it o.o.

If you have visual boy advance 1.7.2 you don't need to patch it just name rom and the isp the same and it should work, if it doesn't work make sure the automatic isp patching is on in the vba settings.

Ryousha

Years
I have the latest thanks ill try if it doesn't Im gonna cry

OMG okay Can someone show em where to download pokemon fire red mine won't work anymore

okay im downloading a new one but you just rename it to the pokemon fire red file?

EDIT:OK it works but now i gotta start all over!

Last edited:

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
I have the latest thanks ill try if it doesn't Im gonna cry

OMG okay Can someone show em where to download pokemon fire red mine won't work anymore

okay im downloading a new one but you just rename it to the pokemon fire red file?

EDIT:OK it works but now i gotta start all over!

you can name it anything you want as long they are named the same.
.Aaron you are not allowed to ask for roms no matter what so I would stop asking for them if I were you. (just a heads up)
you can however ask for help regarding the roms.

Ryousha

Years
Ah. Okay thanks for the help shadoweevee thanks to you for helping me work shinygold i got a poochyena is that rare? i think i heard zel saying hoenn pokemon are rare

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2007
i have a few questions

i was thinking today and thought that maybe the reason i cant save on shiny gold is there is no start menu like when you normally play a pokemon game it just automatically everytime you open shiny gold it starts a new game because theres no option to continue like where it usually says:
player (name)
Badges (number)
Pokedex (number)
Time (hours:minutes)

so maybe if zel could make a shiny gold patch with that menu it would work on my flashcard.

also i left out part of what it says when i try to save that may be important...
it says SAVING... DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER... save error... and then something about backup memory... so if anyone knows what it could mean by backup memory that may be important...

the last thing was i was wondering why unless zel specifically doesnt want people to play it on a flash card does every other game i play even hacked patched ones let me save and continue and even stranger i can save and continue with the exact same copy fire red rom i patched for shiny gold.

Please reply with your thoughts on this.

zel i love your game and i'm not trying to accuse you of like just not wanting to help me out or anything like that, i'm just simply trying to state it seems weird that the only hack i want to play and continue out of the like 3 others i've tried wont work... if we get this figured out you should release a version specifically for flashcard owners.

Ryousha

Years
it does do that you can save it. you must havwe an old one get a new fire red, rename the ips thing. lol or just use vba click file then go to save game and click the first file it saved then [press F1 it will load it =D

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
i was thinking today and thought that maybe the reason i cant save on shiny gold is there is no start menu like when you normally play a pokemon game it just automatically everytime you open shiny gold it starts a new game because theres no option to continue like where it usually says:
player (name)
Badges (number)
Pokedex (number)
Time (hours:minutes)

so maybe if zel could make a shiny gold patch with that menu it would work on my flashcard.

also i left out part of what it says when i try to save that may be important...
it says SAVING... DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER... save error... and then something about backup memory... so if anyone knows what it could mean by backup memory that may be important...

the last thing was i was wondering why unless zel specifically doesnt want people to play it on a flash card does every other game i play even hacked patched ones let me save and continue and even stranger i can save and continue with the exact same copy fire red rom i patched for shiny gold.

zel i love your game and i'm not trying to accuse you of like just not wanting to help me out or anything like that, i'm just simply trying to state it seems weird that the only hack i want to play and continue out of the like 3 others i've tried wont work... if we get this figured out you should release a version specifically for flashcard owners.

Make sure your save type is set to 128k
I believe that is what your problem is

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
in the last screenshoot sabrina looks kinda of funny, but then again maybe it's me... O_o

It's basically Sabrina's FR's sprite, but with Gold's pose (thanks to E.Marini, as always :))

Also, Dragon Claw (TM02) made me laugh when Clair said "No, it doesn't have anything to do with my fingernails."

Jojo... Too bad that I changed the TM02 and now she gives the original TM Dragonbreath, and I had to go back to her old joke ("It doesn't have anything to do with my breath", I liked my version better XD)

I'm not sure how much whirlpool is needed in the game, because i've yet to play it due to my computer being fried, but... what if someone were to release that clamperl, or something, then what would we do without whirlpool?

Then you'd need to get another pokemon that learns Whirlpool naturally XP
I don't remember if you can catch Clamperls naturally somewhere, but if not, you'll have to search some other pokemon (This means... Better keep it ;))

Well, actually you can battle the gym leaders in any order, but the most resonable way to beat them are when you are in the city.
So there are a few paths.

Most people do: Vermillion (Beat Surge) -> Saffron (Beat Sabrina) -> Cerulean -> Power Plant
-> Fly to Cerulean (Power plant part/rocket fight & Beat Misty)
-> Power Plant (fixing it) -> Lavender (Get Radio Card upgrade)
-> Fushia/Celedon (Beat ???/Erika)-> Celedon/Fushia -> Fly to Vermillion (Catch/KO Snorlax)
-> Pewter (Beat Brock) -> Viridian -> Pallet -> Cinnaber (Blue event)
-> Seafoam (Beat Blain) -> Fly to Viridian (Beat Blue) -> Fly to Pallet (Oak removes guards to Silver Mt) -> Mt Silver (Beat Red)

I'm going to follow the Rock Tunnel/Lavender/Saffron again/ Celadon, and after that I'll make both Routes to Fuchsia (it'll be a while till I can reach Pewter, after all you can't reach Pewter from the East, as there are ledges blocking the way)

NVm i pasted it now Miltank keeps potioning and drinking milk and the attract never wears off. Thanks zel ><

Well, I guess it's just about luck. When I battled it, it rarely used any Milk Drink (:(, because I like when battles get long). Anyway, my recommendation would be to catch a female Drowzee and change it with the Fighter at one of the floors of Goldenrod's Shopping Mall. (By the way, changing a female poke assures you to get a female poke, with the exceptions of those that are always male/female? I was wondering that...)

I'm starting to think zel should link to a walkthrough in the first post. You know, to avoid situations like these :).

Jojo... Perhaps a link to one of the old walkthroughs at GFAQs XD

Well, too bad that I can only reply shortly... I have no knowledge about flashcards or the process to put a rom into a flashcard. And basically, it's not something that I really would care about, since my idea is that you play this on PC (if you want to play it on a flashcard, then you are on your own, or ask someone else, because I really can't answer)

OK, some screenies of the start of Silph's extra event, with Ashlee and J&J (in the next set)

image70yz9.png
image71vb0.png
image72lr2.png
image73kx8.png

After we get the stolen item from Ashlee and evil Pika, and return to Silph something weird happens, everybody seems to be sleeping, what could possibily be happening? (That wasn't much fun, as I already said it's J&J's fault -_-)

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
jojo (xD) great screens my friend :)
I wonder what i will see in the next beta, and in the complete version xP
well good luck!

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Ah. Okay thanks for the help shadoweevee thanks to you for helping me work shinygold i got a poochyena is that rare? i think i heard zel saying hoenn pokemon are rare

You welcome, just like to give people a heads up before they gets banned for something they don't even know about (cause we all read the rules right? :) ). Not all hoenn pokemon are rare, they are just harder to come by. Anyways congrats on your poochyena, its probably the best dark type you can get early in the game, use it well.

It's basically Sabrina's FR's sprite, but with Gold's pose (thanks to E.Marini, as always :))

Oh so THAT'S why, I was wondering because Sabrina was like my favorite gym leader in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back