• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
Years
  • no koybito it will probably be release as a online game that will get built upon and added to while u play and will get updated every time u play

but the idea is the same

and CA wont be back till after christmas so dont wait up

Last edited:

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Sick, so we can expect some expansions maybe?

I think Arcane will want to take a break after the game is finished, so probably no expansion. Probably just little small updates, but this is just my opinion not fact.

Last edited:

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • Oh I know better than to build up my hopes that high, I just like shooting off at the mouth and gettin' so hyphy I build a new door in the roof while screaming "Candy apples always taste better when dipped in sunshine!"

But, for right now, the roof is safe, but the candy apples are another matter.

But I did read that right? C.A's on holiday till after Christmas? Does anyone know if any of the other Dev. members are still working on the project?

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    thats not what he said. he said cap wouldn't be back until christmas. he's still working on it. he made a post about that like last week.

were you really here from day one? because you ask alot of redundant questions ... please don't

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    It will probably be release as a online game that will get built upon and added to while you play and will get updated every time you play

It will be released as an on and offline game

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • thats not what he said. he said cap wouldn't be back until christmas. he's still working on it. he made a post about that like last week.

were you really here from day one? because you ask alot of redundant questions ... please don't

Er, that's what I was saying. Lol, don't give me anymore bad rep than I can get myself. :P

And yes, yes I was, and seeing how I haven't asked any such question, I'm going to assume you're either tired, or you didn't get the fact that perhaps I might have forgotten (Holy hell, it happens) a particular post in a thread that's 98 pages long. Forgive me. :)

But should I ever get the urge to ask a redundant question, be happy, 'cause I won't.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    but you have. many times.

but i digress. to anyone working on the team: once the game is released, how will it be distributed? i would assume that this would be a very large game, so a DDL probably wouldn't work for most people ...

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • I don't reckon it would be too much for a simple .rar file.
    I've downloaded (Cause I be a mighty pirate) several high end games that are a hell of a lot bigger than even a game of this size.
    He could probably just compress it to a zip file and upload it to a torrent site like the pirate bay.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    ...Or since I'm developing the website ( which reminds me...I'm developing the website xD ) we can just have the files hosted to the server. -_-

I'd approve of an optional torrent download though

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • ...Or since I'm developing the website ( which reminds me...I'm developing the website xD ) we can just have the files hosted to the server. -_-

I'd approve of an optional torrent download though

I'd almost forgotten about that, sorry VC, hows the site coming anyway?
    And I think an optional torrent would open the game to a larger audience, even if they haven't heard of the game (Or the site) all they would have to do is go shopping around looking for a ROM or Sphere game, and bingo, "Pokemon the Lost World."
    The rest will be history. <3

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    well, first off, .zip and .rar files, while they do compress things, do have their limits
    and my problem with it is that even if you use fileserving sites, if the file is big enough, there is a chance that something would go wrong with the download and then the download would have to restart

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • well, first off, .zip and .rar files, while they do compress things, do have their limits
    and my problem with it is that even if you use fileserving sites, if the file is big enough, there is a chance that something would go wrong with the download and then the download would have to restart

Well, then I guess we'll just cross that bridge when we get to it. A might premature talking about it now. And it's like I said, if people can download 20gig files without any problems, I doubt this game will pose much of a problem.

But that's a short discussion I reckon. So; in the first update, (Again, my minds like a bloody siv, so if that's wrong feel free to correct me) there was talk of being able to completely funk-a-fy and customize your character, does this mean it will be an intro only feature; to create your character at that moment, or will there shops and such to snatch up new threads in town? With the size of the maps so far though, I think there's enough room to build the latter. I'd hate to be stuck with the same person the whole story. I change my clothes often after all. <3

And that's another issue; will there still be back sprites? I'd assume so, only that creating a back sprite to mimic every possible design in the game would be huge. Not to mention time-consuming. Just another thought from another fan. :P

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    it wouldn't be that hard ... its basically the same algorithm as the frontal sprites ...

and how many people do you know that can download a 20 gig file [if it would be that large, which i doubt, considering how most online games are only like 3 gigs and this one has less graphics] without problem, DDL? there actually isn't that many.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    does this mean it will be an intro only feature; to create your character at that moment, or will there shops and such to snatch up new threads in town? With the size of the maps so far though, I think there's enough room to build the latter. I'd hate to be stuck with the same person the whole story. I change my clothes often after all. <3

In the first page, it says that there will 15 clothing companies, So I'm guessing you change your character in-game.

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • it wouldn't be that hard ... its basically the same algorithm as the frontal sprites ...

and how many people do you know that can download a 20 gig file [if it would be that large, which i doubt, considering how most online games are only like 3 gigs and this one has less graphics] without problem, DDL? there actually isn't that many.

Me, lol. I've downloaded entire TV series at once. So, yeah, I'z gots experience. As well as many of my internet-crazed friends. If you want proof, please don't ask, cause I really couldn't care less. (Don't see why anyone would lie over the net anyway, it's silly)

And seeing as I'm slighty net retarded, I don't know what DDL stands for, but all I'm saying is that this game would probably be a piece of cake to set up and download. So I really don't understand why there's even a debate at all.

Peace.

EDIT: Thanks Deatheater, must of missed that. <3

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years
  • With so many ways to distribute files these days, and with the internet speeds we have these days, large file downloads & torrents shouldn't cause too much of a problem.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    DDL = direct download
    most people in america have DSL, which is not that fast. downloading 3 gigs can take close to half a day, which leaves alot of leeway for something to go wrong.
    and while FF [which i know and love, and am using right now] can pause/restart downloads, the feature does crash soemtimes, depending on either the file or the site that its being downloaded from.

my basic point is that its important to have alternate ways of distributing asides from direct download. Maybe torrent it, or split it up into smaller .part files to download separately.

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • Well, I guess you've figured out then haven't you? Lol.

Now, moving along to yet, yes! Another topic! (Wow I move a lot)

This really isn't my best idea admittidly, but I was a little curious when I stumbled over it;
    I know about the variation shmoozola, but what would you think of a Pokemon Delta feature?

To those who don't know, the Delta species were introduced in the trading card game a while back, (Now, I don't know much about the whole story-shabangy-whatsits, but whoever, I'm sure Arcane is creative enough to whip up a neat spiel if he wanted) and the basic effect of Delta was that it transformed the elemental types of all the Pokemon that were exposed. <3

I just thought it would be a sweet little.... Side-story perhaps? I mean, could you imagine a water-type Charizard? Or a dark-type Alakazam? I know I'm stretching my features and concepts a tad here, but it's just another link in my rediculously long chain of ideas.

Peace.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back