• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • I'm probably going to be like Pinkie and collect the Amiibos for myself instead of using them for actual play. They are too valuable to be used for play and they act more like collectibles. I'm interested in collecting my mains, like Pikachu, Toon Link, and possibly Bowser Jr.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Username: Kameken
    Character Select: Charizard
    What was your first Smash game?: Melee
    As for Amiibos, I'll probably get a few, like Dark Pit, and charizard (If they get ones), definitely Bowser and Yoshi, but won't use them for play most of the time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Which item do you find yourself using the most during battles and why? Also, do you prefer items or no items at all?
    I do prefer using items, as they add more fun to matches than straightforward punching, kicking, jumping, and hitting finishing-attacks. Though, if opponents wish not to use any items at all, I don't always mind. As for which ones I prefer, that would likely have to be hammer. Although it makes your player harder to control and you're unable to use the item very long in general, hammer is still quite powerful, and it could deal some major amount of damage. Second favorite is likely Poké Ball; as soon as you get a hold of one, it gives you some feeling of mystery as to which Pokémon it might be sending out, which, I believe, is one thing that makes this particular item so fun to use. We're also able to throw it towards opponents as some rock of sorts, causing damage. As for third, I would say light-saber (I'm not sure if this is what most of us call it, but you know).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I do agree that the Pokeballs do give you a sense of suspicion surely because you'll never know what Pokemon you will get and what impact it will cause once its out. You're lucky if you obtain a legendary, like the Lati's are generally my fave, because they can literally smash anyone that gets in their way!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I do agree that the Pokeballs do give you a sense of suspicion surely because you'll never know what Pokemon you will get and what impact it will cause once its out. You're lucky if you obtain a legendary, like the Lati's are generally my fave, because they can literally smash anyone that gets in their way!
    There's always the Master Ball, which allows legendaries to appear more frequent, but so can a Goldeen.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^well yeah, that too! Although master balls are kind of a rarity though. :s

btw guys, let's begin the hype aka SSB for wiiu coming in THIS FRIDAY.

Years
  • Pokeballs and assist trophies are both fun items because of the random factor. Whatever you get is always a surprise, and I think that really adds to the enjoyment of the game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    btw guys, let's begin the hype aka SSB for wiiu coming in THIS FRIDAY.
    I totally forgot that SSB WiiU was coming out this Friday. Suppose it wasn't really on my mind because of ORAS and the fact that I don't have a WiiU. At least I have the 3DS version.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • My brother and I have pre-ordered the Wii U version at Gamestop back in Sunday, but we'll probably be late by the time it opens, because I've got an interview to go to in campus.

These last few days should keep us all hyped for the game, up until Sakurai made a very controversial statement regarding a certain character: https://playeressence.com/sakurai-s...s-would-take-a-lot-of-convoluted-hocus-pocus/

A lot of Smash fans are calling him out as hypocritical when it comes to being accurate to a character's portrayal from their respective source materials by using Ganondorf, Robin's Nosferatu, and Wario's portrayal as a couple of examples. So now these fans are asking for a new director to create the next entry and are moving into Project M as the definitive game, even though it's just a glorified mod.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I've heard a lot about this project M thing, is it an emulated game that can be played on the computer? I don't know much about it, quite honestly.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I've heard a lot about this project M thing, is it an emulated game that can be played on the computer? I don't know much about it, quite honestly.
    It's actually a heavily modified version of Brawl, and you still play it on the Wii. It's meant to be more like Melee in terms of mechanics, since there's a part of the Smash community that was disappointed with Brawl and reveres Melee as the holy grail of Smash games. It also includes characters that were in Melee but not Brawl.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's actually a heavily modified version of Brawl, and you still play it on the Wii. It's meant to be more like Melee in terms of mechanics, since there's a part of the Smash community that was disappointed with Brawl and reveres Melee as the holy grail of Smash games. It also includes characters that were in Melee but not Brawl.

They're also adding in characters who weren't playable in all Smash titles, which include Issac from Golden Sun, Lyn from Fire Emblem, and Knuckles the Echidna. There's also two more characters being added into Project M, which are Sami from Advanced Wars and Skull Kid from Majora's Mask. Ironically, for a mod that's dedicated to its fans, Ridley isn't one of the characters added, which means Sakurai was onto something regarding the handwork needed to make him work.

Years
  • I totally forgot that SSB WiiU was coming out this Friday. Suppose it wasn't really on my mind because of ORAS and the fact that I don't have a WiiU. At least I have the 3DS version.

I did the same thing, actually. None the less, I'm excited! Anyone going to the midnight release if there is one in your area? (if so, please take care) I am at my gamestop. I was surprised there was one, honestly

Years
  • They're also adding in characters who weren't playable in all Smash titles, which include Issac from Golden Sun, Lyn from Fire Emblem, and Knuckles the Echidna. There's also two more characters being added into Project M, which are Sami from Advanced Wars and Skull Kid from Majora's Mask.

Wait, what? Those characters are being added to Project M? :D First I've heard of it.

And unfortunately, I'm not going to a midnight release, but I'm still getting the game tomorrow.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've got the Wii U version today. My brother and I got Falco and Wario, and we're trying to find out how to get R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, and the clones.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    How is the WiiU version compared to the 3DS version? I saw the 50 things trailer thingamajig and all, but how is the game now that you actually get to play it?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • There's not much difference in terms of gameplay except it gave you the ability to play with up to 8 players. Graphics are a lot smoother and a little darker than the 3DS. Yesterday when I was at my friend's place we played against 5 other people and it was pretty chaotic. Compatibility with the 3DS is smooth and easy (using as a controller), was able to win three smashes with it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • You cannot believe how much trouble I've gone through when completing all of the solo event matches. The last two matches were difficult to beat on Hard Mode, which is the requirement to obtain rewards from those events. The second-to-last match only gave me a custom stat-boost, but the last match was part of the challenges, so I was grateful to get that out of the way.

Years
  • I finally unlocked everyone except duck hunt so far. It's pretty easy to get everyone with stock matches and stuff. The Mario Party-esque game is very fun and gives me a chance to play with people I wouldn't normally

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I finally unlocked everyone except duck hunt so far. It's pretty easy to get everyone with stock matches and stuff. The Mario Party-esque game is very fun and gives me a chance to play with people I wouldn't normally

You can always get Duck Hunt by beating at least 1 Mii Fighter in Cruel Smash if you don't want to play more stock matches. I'm hearing a lot of reviewers not being fond with Smash Tour due to how weird it plays out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back