• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Thankfully, I already have 3DS Smash Brothers, so it won't be much of an issue for me to get a hold of Mewtwo.

Though, it's definitely an issue for those who are not planning to buy handheld SSB, or don't have a set of 3DS console. I believe it'd be nice if they were to make it available as paid DLC somewhere down the line, if possible. If they have plans to release more characters by that method, perhaps they would be able to put them all into a pack, alongside Mewtwo.

I'm not sure how often I'll be using the Pokémon, however. Personally, I usually find myself playing with either Link, Samus, Kirby, or Fox; am very used to those guys.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
    I think the real question should be who will be DLC next? I'm hoping for Impa to appear along with Solid Snake, Ice Climbers (Wii-U), and Sceptile.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Solid Snake for DLC pleeeeeeease. I'm surprised he didn't made it to the roster, he was really good in Brawl. D:

So, is it required to have both the 3DS version AND the WiiU version to download the characters?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I think having both versions of the game is just for Mewtwo. Pretty sure that Ice Climbers aren't gonna be DLC. I'm pretty sure they want to keep the roster the same between both versions, so if one version gets a DLC character, the other one has to, and it's been confirmed that the reason Ice Climbers were cut from the roster was because the 3DS can't handle multiple Ice Climbers at once. I'm not sure if the WiiU could even handle 8 pairs of Ice Climbers at once.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    This is one of the reasons why I was kinda leery at first with the 3DS version. I felt like the roster was gonna have some cut characters so that the 3DS and Wii U versions were equal. Of course after the 50 facts video, the 3DS version is another cheap cash-in port compared to the new content we saw lmao. So who knows, maybe DLC will fix that problem. Seems kinda silly to have Mewtwo as the only DLC ever for Smash.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Solid Snake for DLC pleeeeeeease. I'm surprised he didn't made it to the roster, he was really good in Brawl. D:
    Snake got cut because we can only have up to 3 third-party guests at max back in Brawl's development:

Sakurai said that third-party characters would amount to two at the most, aside from Snake.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl#Inclusion_of_characters

So, is it required to have both the 3DS version AND the WiiU version to download the characters?
    According to the direct, Mewtwo is free to download if you've purchased both versions, otherwise you'll need to pay for him.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Thanks for the answers. I don't mind paying him since I won't be buying the WiiU soon, no matter how much haha. Wonder how much it'll cost? please don't be too expensive

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Btw, what characters do you guys see used the most when you play online? I've fought a lot of Little Macs, Zero Suit Samuses, Nesses, Captain Falcons, and Ganondorfs when I've been online.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Little Mac, most Koopalings, Captain Falcons, and Peach. I'm surprised to find at least three battles with 1-2 Peach players in an online match.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    November 28th needs to come quick! Cant wait for the wiiu version. Anyone else think its kinda stupid how to get Mewtwo? They really want us to pay more dont they? Getting greedy

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I haven't seen one character being used the most when playing online, since it's always the same person using said character rather than others.

November 28th needs to come quick! Cant wait for the wiiu version. Anyone else think its kinda stupid how to get Mewtwo? They really want us to pay more dont they? Getting greedy

You do realize that you can get Mewtwo for free if you've purchased both versions. Even if you don't plan on buying both, you can still buy him for a small price.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

Yes. Blame Nintendo for killing our poor wallets. I mean, not that I actually mind paying him more. At least I don't have to buy the wii u in order to get them.

Anyways, how about a new topic, yes? It's about the items we use during battles! Which item (smash ball, Lip's Stick, Star, Poke Ball etc) do you find yourself using the most during battles & why?

Also, do you prefer items or no items at all?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Which item (smash ball, Lip's Stick, Star, Poke Ball etc) do you find yourself using the most during battles & why?

Pokeballs, I like to see what kind of Pokemon will pop up, it can either be OP like a Kyogre or useless like a Goldeen :P

As a competitive battler since Melee, I prefer no items and flat maps. It's your skills vs the other person's skills, no need for items to help you win :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Which item (smash ball, Lip's Stick, Star, Poke Ball etc) do you find yourself using the most during battles & why?
    I find myself using Smash Balls, Pokeballs, and Assist Trophies the most because of the final smashes and the characters respectively.

It depends if the person I'm playing with wants items on or off. It doesn't matter for me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Items tend to slow me down during matches, so whenever I have a 1-1 match I have them off. If it's a match that's for fun and with friends, I have them on but I don't use them as often.

I do like Pokeballs, and the hammer. The hammer is excellent if your opponent has already gotten significant damage to be launched in the air.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Has anyone seen Duck Hunt's trailer from the Nintendo Direct? It was downright hilarious:

Spoiler:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkXmABkDlNE#t=1137

So basically are they announcing characters that are being confirmed for the WiiU game? OH NOW I UNDERSTAND, IT'S FOR THAT AMIIBO THING.

Okay, that was pretty funny. I'm now okay with Duck Hunt taking a spot in Smash Bros. I still don't understand why the Wii Fit Trainer is in the roster...

However, just a little off-topic news, I'm finally getting my third 3DS! Of course, Super Smash Bros. is on my wish list this year, and I'm so excited to play as Bowser Jr! <3

Who knows? Maybe playing as Duck Hunt Dog can be fun. ;P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back