• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2016
Hi, i'm in Rocket Hideout, i got the Lift Key and when I enter on the lift, I can't go to the Giovanni Room, the lift always leaves on the B1F.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hey desbrina, great work on the game!!

However, im getting Script "Spckets" line 596: Runtime Error. HTTP Error 404, after the enter screen at the start and cannot play :( please, how can I fix this??

Also I noticed the webpage is down. This has anything to do with the game not working? thank you very much

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
I'm getting this command prompt whenever I enter a double battle (Jessie/James, and so on). and it only lets my first pokemon in party attack:
---------------------------
Pokemon Lightning Yellow E16.1
---------------------------
Exception: ArgumentError
PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2686:in `pbChooseTarget'
PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2686:in `pbCommandPhase_old'
PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2660:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2756:in `pbCommandPhase_old'
PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2649:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle * Edited ?:2649:in `pbCommandPhase_old'
EliteBattle_Battle:303:in `pbCommandPhase'
EliteBattle_Battle:237:in `pbStartBattleCore'
EliteBattle_Battle:236:in `logonerr'
EliteBattle_Battle:236:in `pbStartBattleCore'
This exception was logged in
C:\Users\Jet\Saved Games/Pokemon Lightning Yellow E16_1/errorlog.txt.

How do I fix this?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
I have been doing some sprite designing and gathering sprites for fifth gen (6th gen pokemon) and I was wondering if it were possible to not update to the new essentials. I'm a fan of the 5th gen animated pixel sprites and wondered if we could stick to them. I found an amazing resource for sprites as well, Deviant art user Diegotoon has some AMAZING sprites. I hope to be able to include his amazing work into the game as well.
A link to his gallery is here:
http://diegotoon20.deviantart.com/gallery/

I replaced some of the sprites created into my own battlers folder to replace the stationary ones. Took a bit of debugging but worked out amazing.

I also began sprite work on character customization (e.g. black backpack instead of yellow-orange)

As always, I would love feedback on this.

Thanks!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Thanks, its working now.

However, I think there is an error with the fishing rods since they never fish anything. Ive tried with the old, good, and super rods.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
Thanks, its working now.

However, I think there is an error with the fishing rods since they never fish anything. Ive tried with the old, good, and super rods.

i caught a dratini in the safari zone using super rod.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
i caught a dratini in the safari zone using super rod.

And your rods work in other places too?? How many tries did you do to catch dratini in safari zone?? Ive tried enough times to know my rods are not working, I tried in safari zone and in other places.. I cannot even catch a magykarp haha :(

Any idea how can I solve this please?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
And your rods work in other places too?? How many tries did you do to catch dratini in safari zone?? Ive tried enough times to know my rods are not working, I tried in safari zone and in other places.. I cannot even catch a magykarp haha :(

Any idea how can I solve this please?

I had this problem at some point along the way...but I don't seem to anymore. I can't remember when, but it stopped after a restart. I never had the same problem.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
1. I thought I would mention, I have messed around with the double battles, and the source of the error loop occurring has to do with choosing the opponent pokemon to attack. If I switch out the first, I can then attack with the second, (still receive the error) but then the opponent can use their turn(s).

2. I haven't looked into the actual coding just yet, but I have done some personal graphical edits to my own version. The game battlers seem to be using an apng format. For making one manually, what is the base size frame? is it 64x64? I'm hoping to get work done on mine sooner.

3. Another issue is I mysteriously find the pokemon in the daycare in front of some doors, making them inaccessible. I have seen such at celedon store (accessible), the mimic girl's house (inaccessible, one tile outwards instead of at/on door), and where a rocket stood (I thought it odd that an eevee was exclaiming team rocket took over).

4. (low priority) swimmers have no dialogue.

5. TYPES of trainers have smaller sprites on battle encounter. Ones I can remember most are scientists.

6. Most trainers have epic encounter, but some are left out. (further along in the game)

7. Buddy pokemon walks on water while surfing

8. Surfing on land/water - surf comes a bit too close to land, it looks like I'm surfing on land.

9. Finally, I don't know if this is on purpose, or an issue, but MissingNo. is way to easy for me to find, (won't spoil where) but I caught all six types now. Not generally normal.

Thanks so much!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
The updates do not work whatsoever all I get is a black screen.

I've tried over 30 times.

Your download link does not work on your site. I had to find a link to mediafire which was a 146mb file. 0.19 was the version. I put the updater and it "updated" 1.09 but all I get is a black screen.

I made a copy of the game in a new folder, updated it, and when I copy over the "Game.rgssad" file from my .19 version (40+mb) and replace the 16.1 version of the "Game.rgssad" file (7mb) it does load up but again stuck at that part which is why I need to update >>>> (I'm stuck at the first tree you need to cut after obtaining two badges and etc etc mentioned earlier pages in this thread)

Can someone please help me out here? I want to enjoy this like everyone else here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
So I beat the Elite Four, (A real challenge I might add!) and I'm looking for the trade for beedrill. Where would he be?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
Now that I'm finished, I decided to go back and relook/edit bugs in my own game. In doing so I realized there are tilesets for Johto specific structures. Also, there is "Radio Tower Takeover!" in the audio. This, and many more evidences, point towards the idea of adding Johto to the game. Is that a part of the plan? If so that would be AMAZING.

So here are some changes/not solved items I now have.

+Enabled Music in Gyms, wild battles, and Pokémon centers by changing names in file folder for correct file reference (i.e. PokÇcenter to Pokécenter)
+Partial work on sprite-overs for character customization
+Soar animation w/ Ho-oh
+Animated mega sprites to .png format
+Partial sprite correction
-Mega sprites DO NOT include shiny palette versions
-Added 6 gen sprites as .gif
*Megas need deevolution

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
Is there anything I would be able to work on to continue this project?

As a heads-up, I'm also beginning work on a wifi battle room.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sorry, have been on holiday for a couple of weeks.

The main thing at the moment are the missing animated sprites. The gen 6 ones i have some static and some animated at the moment, but since they aren't officially available in the game yet its been low on my to-do list, though if you have any addions/fixed sprites that would be helpful

Johto is going to be added after i've finished the Sevii islands, mainly as i'm using that as a way of accessing them, complete the quests there and it'll be available

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
Thanks for letting me know!

When I've finished changing static images to animated, Ill send my personalized folder.

Back