• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
  • I agree with you, there's risk of conflict because the fairy type club can also use Gardevoir as a mascot.

As much as I love Gardevoir, I can't argue that point. It's too true ;-;

So, is it the entire Abra line or just Alakazam?

In the meantime, here's another Gardevoir one :P

C1QgNnx.png

Always open to suggestions (especially on the colour scheme since I went with Purple because the Psychic type is practically always represented by Purple in both the video games and the TCG but the text colour is up for suggestions)! I do realise that the gold text is kinda hard to read on a white background (as is the case with most forum themes) and I'll change that later up on your suggestions!

Also, IMO, this one came out so much better! It took longer too xD I might just be praising my own tail though :P

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Well Ralts isn't now a pure Psychic, even though it was prior to the introduction of Fairy-type and Gen VI. Not that I hate Ralts, if I hate it I wouldn't have at least 6 Gardvoirs and 4 Gallade.

I just don't think a dual type should fit in a role for a pure type club.

The Abra line on the other hand is classic, has been a signature Pokémon of Sabrina, long ago before Gardevoir made her appearance to the franchise, let alone becoming a signature Pokémom formerly by Wally and now Diantha.

But among the suggested Pokémon Mewtwo wins by miles, since it is the strongest Psychic-type Pokémon! :)

How's your Monotype challenge going by the way?

Speaking of Monotype Challenge, our Psychic Club's relatively successful (thanks to everyone, I'm really grateful for that), that's why this section's moderator Wiicked (his soon username) and I are making it PokéClub section wide! If you're interested in representing Psychic-type Club, please let me know!

Here's the planned details:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8926198&postcount=107

Don't forget Ketsu's suggestion as well, please let him know whether you're supportive or not. So that we'll at least know if it's worth organizing! Any feedbacks and questions ar welcome!

The Gardevoir suggestion gets thrown out because of dual-typing? By that logic Tornadus will have to be the Flying Club Mascot as it's the only pure flying type.

I like Mewtwo but I don't like the idea of an overpowered Legendary being the 'mascot' of Psychic Club. Even though Alakazam is not as popular as Mewtwo (Or for that matter Gardevoir) the fact it is Sabrina's Pokemon and the fact of it being the only non legendary still Pure Psychic Type from Gen 1 (I'm no Genwunner but longevity is longevity) should give it the nod over other Psychic Types like Reuniclus and Gothitelle.

Is it just me or was Gen 1 a weird Gen for Psychic Types? Yes, they were overpowered but the Pokemon themselves were hit and miss. Alakazam has managed to gain a Mega, whilst Slowbro gets competitive use. Starmie (Doubtless helped by it being Misty's Pokémon) gets in nearly every game and I use in virtually every playthrough. Time has not been as kind to Mr Mime, Jynx, and the much forgotten Exeggutor.

Monotype challenge is going fine. I have had a really busy weekend so haven't had time to play. My character is (literally) stood outside Marlon's Gym.

The challenge going cross-club is great news. Shame it's the hack or I would have participated.

I am not into competitive battling but I can download Pokemon Showdown if we go through with Ketsu's suggestion.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • The Gardevoir suggestion gets thrown out because of dual-typing? By that logic Tornadus will have to be the Flying Club Mascot as it's the only pure flying type.

I like Mewtwo but I don't like the idea of an overpowered Legendary being the 'mascot' of Psychic Club. Even though Alakazam is not as popular as Mewtwo (Or for that matter Gardevoir) the fact it is Sabrina's Pokemon and the fact of it being the only non legendary still Pure Psychic Type from Gen 1 (I'm no Genwunner but longevity is longevity) should give it the nod over other Psychic Types like Reuniclus and Gothitelle.

Is it just me or was Gen 1 a weird Gen for Psychic Types? Yes, they were overpowered but the Pokemon themselves were hit and miss. Alakazam has managed to gain a Mega, whilst Slowbro gets competitive use. Starmie (Doubtless helped by it being Misty's Pokémon) gets in nearly every game and I use in virtually every playthrough. Time has not been as kind to Mr Mime, Jynx, and the much forgotten Exeggutor.

Monotype challenge is going fine. I have had a really busy weekend so haven't had time to play. My character is (literally) stood outside Marlon's Gym.

The challenge going cross-club is great news. Shame it's the hack or I would have participated.

I am not into competitive battling but I can download Pokemon Showdown if we go through with Ketsu's suggestion.

Yes! Gardevoir!

Yeah, Mewtwo isn't fit for being a Mascot. Having legendaries as mascots seem rather... supererogatory.

You needn't download it, it's available for play inside your web browser. In fact, I've noticed that sometimes, when downloaded, the battle music/sounds don't work. I've downloaded it though since I use it often enough to want to access it easier.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Yes! Gardevoir!

Yeah, Mewtwo isn't fit for being a Mascot. Having legendaries as mascots seem rather... supererogatory.

You needn't download it, it's available for play inside your web browser. In fact, I've noticed that sometimes, when downloaded, the battle music/sounds don't work. I've downloaded it though since I use it often enough to want to access it easier.

Excellent point a Legendary as Mascot seems a little odd. Since Mascots are normally cute things (Like Pikachu)then perhaps the mascot of Psychic Club should be an unevolved Pokemon like Abra or Espurr.

There's plenty of space on my SD Card to store Pokemon Showdown. :)

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Having legendaries as mascots seem rather... supererogatory.
    Not at all, notice that all version mascots after the 1st gen have been legendaries so there isn't any reasons why they wouldn't be fit for mascot.

Hey, what prevents us to have several mascots? Why not have both Mewtwo and Alakazam or Gardevoir as mascots? The user bar could look like this: *pic of mascot* @Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club *pic of mascot*

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Not at all, notice that all version mascots after the 1st gen have been legendaries so there isn't any reasons why they wouldn't be fit for mascot.

Hey, what prevents us to have several mascots? Why not have both Mewtwo and Alakazam or Gardevoir as mascots? The user bar could look like this: *pic of mascot* @Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club *pic of mascot*

When I think 'Mascot' I think of something cute like the mascot of the Pokemon Franchise Pikachu. The Pokemon on the cover of the games I see more as 'Cover Legendaries' whilst the unevolved starters are the 'mascots' of that particular Gen and get put on the covers of Annuals, are made as Plushies and the like.

Multiple Userbars is an excellent idea. Ketsu has already made a Mega Gardevoir Userbar and someone can make Mewtwo or Alakazam Userbars to give members an option. This also ensures all of our signatures don't look the same. :)

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Not at all, notice that all version mascots after the 1st gen have been legendaries so there isn't any reasons why they wouldn't be fit for mascot.

Yeah, and Mewtwo was already the version mascot of the first generation so it'd be rather repetetive if used here too :s (even if Mewtwo is epic :P)

And yeah, I was just thinking that we could have two! I can probably make a user bar with both on either side :D

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The Gardevoir suggestion gets thrown out because of dual-typing? By that logic Tornadus will have to be the Flying Club Mascot as it's the only pure flying type.

I know you are simply enforcing the 'logic' and meant no harm. But please, do not ever bring my another club here. I really found that offensive and felt that my club is targeted for no reason -- I'm not even picking a mascot for Flying-type, so please I'm sincerely askng you to not go there.

No games have decided for that new event, so feel free to voice out your opinion on the said thread! :)

Maybe we should make both Solosis and Gothita as our mascots. Lol

Ah, a note on Slowbro... That oddball has always been part of competitives, despite that deceiving look. I believe it was in a higher/popular tier at least in one generation.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I know you are simply enforcing the 'logic' and meant no harm. But please, do not ever bring my another club here. I really found that offensive and felt that my club is targeted for no reason -- I'm not even picking a mascot for Flying-type, so please I'm sincerely askng you to not go there.

No games have decided for that new event, so feel free to voice out your opinion on the said thread! :)

Maybe we should make both Solosis and Gothita as our mascots. Lol

Ah, a note on Slowbro... That oddball has always been part of competitives, despite that deceiving look. I believe it was in a higher/popular tier at least in one generation.

Sorry I offended you. :(

I might be able to participate but can't until my laptop is fixed whenever that may be. I wasn't actually objecting to the games themselves. More to the point I still have significant ground to cover on My current challenge.

Mewtwolover's suggestion of Multiple Userbars is a good one. Obviously I can't really make a Userbar without my Laptop but we can have as many different Userbars as people are willing/able to make.
    A Solosis/Gothita Userbar is a good idea. They are Version Counterparts after all.

I have never used Slowbro as the Water/Psychic spot is always taken by Starmie. I know Slowbro is a good Pokemon however.

It is a shame Starmie has such a horrible Shiny. I was planning to fish up a Staryu for my All-Shiny team.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Happy News Ladies and Gentlemen, for the first time ever I have a Shiny Ralts. On the GTS someone was offering a Shiny Ralts and only asking for a Klang which I had. One minute later I had a Shiny Ralts. :)

It is Male with a Bashful Nature (No stats are affected by this nature). I probably 'should' evolve it into Gallade but I have no Dawn Stone and like the idea of raising a Shiny Gardevoir from Level 1.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Happy News Ladies and Gentlemen, for the first time ever I have a Shiny Ralts. On the GTS someone was offering a Shiny Ralts and only asking for a Klang which I had. One minute later I had a Shiny Ralts. :)

It is Male with a Bashful Nature (No stats are affected by this nature). I probably 'should' evolve it into Gallade but I have no Dawn Stone and like the idea of raising a Shiny Gardevoir from Level 1.

If you're okay with using a male Gardevoir, go for it! It isn't everyday you get a shiny Ralts!!!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Sorry I offended you. :(

I might be able to participate but can't until my laptop is fixed whenever that may be. I wasn't actually objecting to the games themselves. More to the point I still have significant ground to cover on My current challenge.

Mewtwolover's suggestion of Multiple Userbars is a good one. Obviously I can't really make a Userbar without my Laptop but we can have as many different Userbars as people are willing/able to make.
    A Solosis/Gothita Userbar is a good idea. They are Version Counterparts after all.

I have never used Slowbro as the Water/Psychic spot is always taken by Starmie. I know Slowbro is a good Pokemon however.

It is a shame Starmie has such a horrible Shiny. I was planning to fish up a Staryu for my All-Shiny team.

Happy News Ladies and Gentlemen, for the first time ever I have a Shiny Ralts. On the GTS someone was offering a Shiny Ralts and only asking for a Klang which I had. One minute later I had a Shiny Ralts. :)

It's alright. ^_^ I know you didn't mean it and you have no bad intentions or meanings either.~

Hehehehe I personally want you to represent the another club, not Psychic Club.~ {XD} But I have to stress, I have no power to force you or even forcing you. :P Everything is really up to you, as long as you're happy with what you want, then so be it!

Both Slowbro and Starmie are Gen I prides, hahaha! It's amazing how they are standing still nowadays, wow it's almost 20 years already! {XD}

Congratulations with the shiny Ralts! I would clone it, if I were you! {XD}

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I made a user bar featuring Alakazam based on the Gardevoir one I made earlier. Disregarding the Pokemon, it's the same thing >.< At this point, even I'm bored making the similar looking user bars so really, really, really open to suggestions! xD

In any case, here ya go :P

3aDbNkj.png

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • It's alright. ^_^ I know you didn't mean it and you have no bad intentions or meanings either.~

Hehehehe I personally want you to represent the another club, not Psychic Club.~ {XD} But I have to stress, I have no power to force you or even forcing you. :P Everything is really up to you, as long as you're happy with what you want, then so be it!

Both Slowbro and Starmie are Gen I prides, hahaha! It's amazing how they are standing still nowadays, wow it's almost 20 years already! {XD}

Congratulations with the shiny Ralts! I would clone it, if I were you! {XD}

:)

I know which club you mean and I will be happy to as long as I can get hold of the game chosen in some form.

Starmie was the first ever Psychic Type I ever used. (My younger self being a big fan of Misty/Kasumi definitely helped) and often earns a spot on my team. In fact in my first ever Pokémon playthrough (Many years ago) the Ace of my team was Starmie.

I would but I have no idea how to clone. :( Does anyone else find it a bit strange Shiny Ralts loses it's pink tint when it reaches it's Final stage?

I made a user bar featuring Alakazam based on the Gardevoir one I made earlier. Disregarding the Pokemon, it's the same thing >.< At this point, even I'm bored making the similar looking user bars so really, really, really open to suggestions! xD

In any case, here ya go :P

3aDbNkj.png

I'm thinking of evolving the Shiny Ralts into Gardevoir because it makes more sense to have a Bashful Gardevoir than a Bashful Gallade.

I like both Userbars (Can I use the Mega Gardevoir One?). Maybe for the Mewtwo Userbar use a darker purple (Similar to Mewtwo's body colour) with white text.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • :)

I'm thinking of evolving the Shiny Ralts into Gardevoir because it makes more sense to have a Bashful Gardevoir than a Bashful Gallade.

I like both Userbars (Can I use the Mega Gardevoir One?). Maybe for the Mewtwo Userbar use a darker purple (Similar to Mewtwo's body colour) with white text.

Bashful is a neutral nature so it effects both Gardevoir and Gallade the same way (which is nothing at all since it's neutral) so that shouldn't be the reason for evolving him into a Gardevoir... Unless I'm confused, which is all too possible xD

Woot! Glad you like it! Yup, feel free to use it :D Yeah, I suppose a deeper shade would look cool. It's sorta hard to find a good Mewtwo pic to use since most (well, almost all) have it standing up and since it's a pretty slim and tall (compared to it's width) Pokemon, the dimensions screw up the signature >.<

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Bashful is a neutral nature so it effects both Gardevoir and Gallade the same way (which is nothing at all since it's neutral) so that shouldn't be the reason for evolving him into a Gardevoir... Unless I'm confused, which is all too possible xD

Woot! Glad you like it! Yup, feel free to use it :D Yeah, I suppose a deeper shade would look cool. It's sorta hard to find a good Mewtwo pic to use since most (well, almost all) have it standing up and since it's a pretty slim and tall (compared to it's width) Pokemon, the dimensions screw up the signature >.<

It is very true that Bashful is a neutral Nature. However If something is described as 'Bashful' it means shy and reserved which for me fits Gardevoir better than Gallade. :)

I have used a Male Gardevoir before and whilst Fan-art suggests Gardevoir should be an exclusively female species, I prefer Gardevoir to Gallade and after all in Generation 3 all Ralts evolved into Gardevoir.

Thank you. I will add it to my signature later tonight. :) Perhaps the bulkier Mewtwo X would be more easily incorporated into a Userbar.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • It is very true that Bashful is a neutral Nature. However If something is described as 'Bashful' it means shy and reserved which for me fits Gardevoir better than Gallade. :)

I have used a Male Gardevoir before and whilst Fan-art suggests Gardevoir should be an exclusively female species, I prefer Gardevoir to Gallade and after all in Generation 3 all Ralts evolved into Gardevoir.

Thank you. I will add it to my signature later tonight. :) Perhaps the bulkier Mewtwo X would be more easily incorporated into a Userbar.

Ah, you meant bashful in that sense!

It's not merely fan-art. You can see it when you look at her xD She's wearing a dress that turns in to a bridal gown upon mega evolution xD Either way, I've used a male Gardevoir as well and once you get into the game, you don't even notice it so no worries there! xD

I'll give it a shot later tonight xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Ah, you meant bashful in that sense!

It's not merely fan-art. You can see it when you look at her xD She's wearing a dress that turns in to a bridal gown upon mega evolution xD Either way, I've used a male Gardevoir as well and once you get into the game, you don't even notice it so no worries there! xD

I'll give it a shot later tonight xD

Yes. I am more into the collecting over competitive battling. I like to imagine my Pokemon having personalities associated with their nature. If my Shiny Ralts had a nature like say Bold or Rash I would evolve it into Gallade.

Gardevoir is called 'Sirknight' in Japan. A male orientated name, whilst Mega Gardevoir wears what can only be described as a dress, normal Gardevoir has what could be described as a robe similar to what a wizard or mage would wear. Yes it is true when you are in the game you don't notice gender. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back