• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Got TM47:

Got TM94:

Male Ralts evolved into Kirlia:

Defeated Roxie:

Got TM09:

Got HM01 (not sure if it counts):

This question seems to be pretty hard because Sun hasn't answered to it yet?
    30 Points for all TMs.
    50 Points for wrecking Roxie's club.
    20 Points for evolving Ralts!
    250 Point for all bonus pics.
    And no HM doesn't count, neither that screenshot! {XD}
    You contributed 350 Points to Team Volt White!
    Team Volt White Points Update
    7060 Points (last score) + 350 Pts = 7410 Points

Actually you missed my reply; it's included in my previous post! {XD}

EDIT:
    Spoiler:

Lucian and Will's faces are priceless!

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • EDIT:
    Spoiler:

Lucian and Will's faces are priceless!

Pedants note: Shouldn't Sabrina have the short hair if this was drawn at the time of Gen 5. I do prefer the old Sabrina look however, I wonder why they changed it.

But yes, Will and Lucian suit Tate and Lisa's Clothes too well and it looks strange to see Caitlin without the hat.

Any idea on who's representing the club in the upcoming event? :o

I imagine Sun will ask the group when the game/games are decided for the upcoming event.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Pedants note: Shouldn't Sabrina have the short hair if this was drawn at the time of Gen 5. I do prefer the old Sabrina look however, I wonder why they changed it.

I imagine Sun will ask the group when the game/games are decided for the upcoming event.

Yeah, Sabrina looks a lot better with long hair like she used to have!

I thought so too ^.^ (I'll be honest, I really just wanted the activity to return >~<)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Yeah, Sabrina looks a lot better with long hair like she used to have!

I thought so too ^.^ (I'll be honest, I really just wanted the activity to return >~<)

There's a saying that says that as a Woman gets older her hair gets shorter. Maybe she was redesigned to show she was older than in the Kanto games. I think the redesign is fine but the classic look fits her better.

Considering how hard Sabrina was for a lot of players in Gen 1 perhaps she should have been an Elite 4 member in the Johto games. It would have saved them using Bruno again at least.

The thread has quietened a little in the past few days for some reason.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • There's a saying that says that as a Woman gets older her hair gets shorter. Maybe she was redesigned to show she was older than in the Kanto games. I think the redesign is fine but the classic look fits her better.

Considering how hard Sabrina was for a lot of players in Gen 1 perhaps she should have been an Elite 4 member in the Johto games. It would have saved them using Bruno again at least.

The thread has quietened a little in the past few days for some reason.

Personally, I think she deserved to be in the Elite Four along with Koga. I liked the fact that they brought Koga up and I think adding Sabrina in there would've made it even better (since she uses psychic types and they're epic! ;D).

Got TM44:

Got TM70:

Got TM48:

Caught Abra:

Caught Eevee:

Woot! Go go go go! :D

Reactions: Sun

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Nice! Next on the list is Alakazam xD

Honestly, going a centimeter or so off the rails here, I think the elite four should have been completely replaced by the Kanto Gym leaders for the Johto games...

I agree but if I were to pick four and in order:
    Spoiler:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I agree but if I were to pick four and in order:
    Spoiler:

You just made me realize there hasn't been a grass type elite four member as of yet! :o I'd rather have Blaine over Misty since Misty's a pretty early leader...

Back to psychics, Sabrina doesn't need multiple Alakazams since unlike Lance with Dragon types, Johto introduced plenty of Psychic types like Hypno, Girafarig (well, okay, she wouldn't use Girafarig xD), Slowbro, etc. so she could have had a team of six different Pokemon!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • You just made me realize there hasn't been a grass type elite four member as of yet! :o I'd rather have Blaine over Misty since Misty's a pretty early leader...

Back to psychics, Sabrina doesn't need multiple Alakazams since unlike Lance with Dragon types, Johto introduced plenty of Psychic types like Hypno, Girafarig (well, okay, she wouldn't use Girafarig xD), Slowbro, etc. so she could have had a team of six different Pokemon!

Misty was a somewhat biased pick but making a Water team is easier for me than a Fire team. Blaine would also be a cool Elite 4 member particularly with his HGSS design.

Let's see Sabrina's (With Gen 1 Design) Elite 4 Psychic Team could be:

Xatu, Slowking, Jynx (Or Wobbuffet), Hypno, Espeon and Alakazam.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Misty was a somewhat biased pick but making a Water team is easier for me than a Fire team. Blaine would also be a cool Elite 4 member particularly with his HGSS design.

Let's see Sabrina's (With Gen 1 Design) Elite 4 Psychic Team could be:

Xatu, Slowking, Jynx (Or Wobbuffet), Hypno, Espeon and Alakazam.

That team makes sense (Jynx over Wobbuffet). Too bad GameFreak isn't as creative as us (ha!) >~<

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Guys, I owe you a lot for keeping up the club's activity! Part of the reason why it looks a but deserted. Since Dragoz isn't too active nowadays, not playing a blame game; I said it before and I'll say again -- every single member of the Psychic-Club is important! Secondly, the Psychic Monotype Challenge has became almost quiet, as I'm not updating anymore, Ketsu unfortunately lost his save, Dragoz's school commitment and Gothet seemed to have completed his already, or it's a bit quiet for now? Thirdly, there was no active topic. Fourthly, I admit I was a bit busy on hacking games.

But this club is still relevant and important! :)

Hohoho, probably the artist prefers Sabrina with her old outfit. And so do I. But the artist didn't use Caitlyn's 4th Gen outfit, which screams out Fairy-type a lot.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Platinum_Caitlin.png

My guess is they are trying to soften Sabrina's personality and image, which is mostly evident in HGSS and partly in B2W2. ~ Her older image appeared to be strict, stern and probably expressionless. While her current one feels a bit absent-minded and a bit feminine too.

Yeah Lorelei and Sabrina would slay the players if they are both part of the Elite Four League! Yes, the old dojo could simply act as the Gym for Saffron, tbh.

#E4Sabrina #Respect4Sabrina #PsychicKills

On to our new topic:
    Most Psychic type Pokémon are depicted with adult oriented images and videos, while not exclusive for the type as probably due to their human-like body shape (not to be confused with Egg Groups).
    What do you think about those materials?

I know you guys won't, but as always I need to put a label. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Please do not share links, videos and/or images of adult oriented materials as it violates the global PokéCommunity rules.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Regarding the Psychic Representative, I have my own thoughts about it to be honest. But I welcome anyone who nominate themselves to me, either secretly or here in our grand club!

Spoiler: Psychic Monotype

10 Points for TM44
    10 Points for TM48
    10 Points for TM70
    30 Points in a total for catching an Abra and evolving it to Kadabra!
    A kind reminder for your Eevee: Eevee is allowed as long as it evolves into Espeon by the time you arrived to Undella Town. Additionally, EV Berries are available in Castelia PokéCenter-Shop for a cheap price!
    250 Points in a total for 5 Proof-pics Bonus!
    310 Points

Here's a guide that can help you! :)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8916756&postcount=206

7410 Points (last score) + 310 Pts =7720 Points

Team Blaze Black Points Update
    Current Points: 2025 Points

Burgh can be difficult to beat! Try your best and never give up!

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Glad to see life returning to my first home here :D

I think it's quite ridiculous but understandable. There exists a certain "rule" on the Internet and it goes by the name of Rule 34. Basically, in soft terms, it states that if adult content can be made, it will be made. The fact that most Psychic types have almost human-like features provides the perfect opportunity for it and seeing as how amazingly beautiful Gardevoir is (don't even get me started on the godliness that is Mega Gardevoir), it's even less surprising than the conspiracies against Kadabra/Jynx xD Hoever, that being said, some of it is absoultely disgusting. Gardevoir is often depicted with certain female body parts she was never meant to have and then there's Jynx. Hoo boy, let's not touch that with a ten foot pole!

Reactions: Sun

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Guys, I owe you a lot for keeping up the club's activity! Part of the reason why it looks a but deserted. Since Dragoz isn't too active nowadays, not playing a blame game; I said it before and I'll say again -- every single member of the Psychic-Club is important! Secondly, the Psychic Monotype Challenge has became almost quiet, as I'm not updating anymore, Ketsu unfortunately lost his save, Dragoz's school commitment and Gothet seemed to have completed his already, or it's a bit quiet for now? Thirdly, there was no active topic. Fourthly, I admit I was a bit busy on hacking games.

But this club is still relevant and important! :)

Hohoho, probably the artist prefers Sabrina with her old outfit. And so do I. But the artist didn't use Caitlyn's 4th Gen outfit, which screams out Fairy-type a lot.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Platinum_Caitlin.png

My guess is they are trying to soften Sabrina's personality and image, which is mostly evident in HGSS and partly in B2W2. ~ Her older image appeared to be strict, stern and probably expressionless. While her current one feels a bit absent-minded and a bit feminine too.

Yeah Lorelei and Sabrina would slay the players if they are both part of the Elite Four League! Yes, the old dojo could simply act as the Gym for Saffron, tbh.

#E4Sabrina #Respect4Sabrina #PsychicKills

On to our new topic:
    Most Psychic type Pokémon are depicted with adult oriented images and videos, while not exclusive for the type as probably due to their human-like body shape (not to be confused with Egg Groups).

I know you guys won't, but as always I need to put a label. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Please do not share links, videos and/or images of adult oriented materials as it violates the global PokéCommunity rules.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Regarding the Psychic Representative, I have my own thoughts about it to be honest. But I welcome anyone who nominate themselves to me, either secretly or here in our grand club!

Spoiler: Psychic Monotype

10 Points for TM44
    10 Points for TM48
    10 Points for TM70
    30 Points in a total for catching an Abra and evolving it to Kadabra!
    A kind reminder for your Eevee: Eevee is allowed as long as it evolves into Espeon by the time you arrived to Undella Town. Additionally, EV Berries are available in Castelia PokéCenter-Shop for a cheap price!
    250 Points in a total for 5 Proof-pics Bonus!
    310 Points

Here's a guide that can help you! :)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8916756&postcount=206

7410 Points (last score) + 310 Pts =7720 Points

Team Blaze Black Points Update
    Current Points: 2025 Points

Burgh can be difficult to beat! Try your best and never give up!

I have been busy this past week or so and any Pokémon playing time has gone on Psychic Shiny Hunting or spending time with the Grass Types. I may have become more of a Grass Trainer over the past week but I do intend to continue my extended Psychic Monotype along with my Grass Monotype.

I prefer Sabrina's newer outfit as it seems more natural than her Gen 1 counterpart but the hair seems to have been cut too short for me. It looks good though but not as good as the Long hair. At least they didn't put her hair up.

I'm certainly not looking forward to facing Lorelei or especially the Saffron Gym Leader on my Grass Monotype. Her Alakazam could rip through my team particularly as a lot of them will be part Poison type.

What do you make of the Adult Materials regarding Psychic Types?

Whilst I don't encourage such materials, I'm not going to pretend they are not there. Gardevoir seems to be the main Pokemon for the 'Waifu' theme and considering her feminine shape adult material was going to inevitably surface as Ketsu points out with Rule 34.

The introduction of Gallade also helped drive adult material regarding Gardevoir as did the feminine look of Kirlia. Gothitelle which in many ways is an Expy of Gardevoir is also prone to art regarding the Waifu and transforming theme.

I enjoy seeing Fun and quirky Pokemon Fanart and Fan Fiction but do not enjoy the Adult side of Fan Fiction. This is not because I object per se but more because I feel it does not fit Pokemon which is a game for all ages.

However I (And for that matter Game Freak) are not going to pretend such material is not there and Gardevoir would not be as popular as it is without such material.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Did not know there were so much adult fan art of Gothitelle :o I guess it makes sense. Then again, it's hard to judge people who make it since everyone has their own thing, right? Personally, I think I'll just focus on the popularity it brought Gardevoir and Gothitelle (:o) and forget everything I've seen (or try to. It's burned in my head pretty deep) :P

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Most Psychic type Pokémon are depicted with adult oriented images and videos, while not exclusive for the type as probably due to their human-like body shape (not to be confused with Egg Groups).
    IMO they're awesome, Rule 34 is my favorite of the rules of the Internet. One reason why Gardevoir is so popular is that she is obviously really good waifu material.

Years
  • Most Psychic type Pokémon are depicted with adult oriented images and videos, while not exclusive for the type as probably due to their human-like body shape (not to be confused with Egg Groups). What do you think about those materials?

As mentioned, Gardevoir and Gothitelle in particular drag a lot of attention from this due to their very human-like bodies and the fact they look very feminine (Gothitelle even has eyelashes and lipstick!) and Rule 34 is something we're all used to hearing about in internet culture so we should expect to see some of it, and I have seen that art in question before.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

IMO they're awesome, Rule 34 is my favorite of the rules of the Internet. One reason why Gardevoir is so popular is that she is obviously really good waifu material.

Welcome home, Ketsu! Lmao But I'm not your father, your name isn't Luke either! {XD}

Ya know, I've seen some Jynx one when I was searching for a Jynx pic on Tumblr for our controversy topic before. :'( #CantBeUnseen

You like Sabrina with a revealing attire huh, Gothet? >:) Just kidding.~ There's always the Exeggcute line and Celebi for you! {XD}

I keep on telling my self Sabrina just had her hair raised because of her Psychic powers, I suspect the same thing from the forgettable Olympia's unusual hair.

Let's see our Psychic part takers of Rule 34 are Delphox, Ralts line, Gothita line, Jynx. Cover your eyes kids!

I love M2's attitude on the depictions, haha. :D

Our next topic will cover the Drowzee line and perhaps even Munna on a slight degree?

There's a new event for the whole PokéClub section, The Amazing Pokémon Race. I decided our Psychic-type is not going to take part of it, since ours is still on going; it would be unfair to ask M2 and Dragoz to discard their challenges and ask one of them to participate the challenge. While I decided Gothet to represent the Grass-type club for his knowledge on the green type. Ketsu can actually be a good choice, but he has exams going on. :) Talk to me through PM or VM if you have questions and concerns over our absence on the Global event. :)

As for me? I can't participate for the clubs I own, as I'm the event organizer. If I'm really going to participate, it's going to be those clubs that I did not own before, currently own or club that I'm taking over.

Here's the said thread, in case we have a new member who wants to participate for our Psychic Club! {XD}
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356065

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back